questions thread - myo event '21

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: questions thread - myo event '21

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 pm

ford wrote:
ford wrote:also confused abt this, can our starter myo have the extra rarity traits before you get tokens from prompt responses or does it have to be standard until you get the tokens?

yepp !! essentially the way this is going to work is you are working toward getting to make the design real at the very end of the event! so instead of cashing in tokens at each step along the way and editing the design each time youll start off with the design you are aiming for. if at the end of the event you haven't done enough development to have the required tokens for approval with your edits then you'll either have to submit a lower rarity tier version of the design or use edits you already have in your main bank to cover them

stan. wrote:Hi! Something about the wording of the rules was a bit confusing ^^
ALL MYOs MUST HAVE A FAKE SIGN UNTIL FINAL APPROVAL AT THE END OF THE EVENT! THEY ARE NOT REAL KALONS UNTIL THAT TIME!

Does this mean all myos made for the event are unable to be traded, bred or edited by conventional means (ex; items in the bank) until the end of the event even if they are approved (cuz all MYOs require staff approval in order to begin participating anyways) ?
The event does run for over two months which is a pretty lenghty amount of time ^^"

this is correct! because of the way the event is set up user are allowed to make designs that are a higher rarity than standard even, if users were able to trade or breed the designs at this time it would lead to the possibility of the user not having actually earned the tokens needed for the kal to have edits that it is approved at. the event runs for 2 months to give everyone adequate time to finish whatever prompts they may need too without feeling rushed or pressured.

sylvender wrote:Another question (just thought of it) but if there are somehow still designs left in the pile when the event ends what will happen to them? : 0

as stated on the design thread all designs left in the pile will either be returned to their designer or entered into a raffle at the end of the event depending on what the artist wishes to be done with them!

ford wrote:[center]Image

sorry for so many questions! i'm also confused about the prompt response part of the approval form, since i thought you couldn't do prompts until the kal was approved? how does that work?

unlike pile designs, which are able to be claimed for 48 hours to give someone time to answer the prompt as these are fcfs, the "payment" so to speak for a Kalon to be entered and approved for the rest of the development event is an initial response. this can be as short as 100 words or a sketch and will qualify the design to be approved as, at the very least, standard at the end of the event if no further participation in the event occurs

Tjebb wrote:Do we post our myo concept in the design section for the "develop" approval that is asked for? Sorry for all the questions, just wanna figure out what I'm doing hehe

initial prompt responses for design approval should be posted with the form on the design thread, all other development belongs on the develop thread!

lovage wrote:
    if we are purchasing an upgrade, do we need to purchase both or just shoot up to uncommon if wanted?

all tiers require a user to have the rarity below them, so if you are planning on having an uncommon kalon you must also have the tokens for common even if you dont intend to have a common edit.[/center]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:12 pm

So, if we wanted to have a kalon with uncommon edits, we would have to have at least 15 tokens in the bank, correct?

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Queenie! wrote:So, if we wanted to have a kalon with uncommon edits, we would have to have 15 tokens in the bank, correct?

correct! with 15 tokens you would have earned an uncommon and under MYO <3
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Geiger the Robot » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Is it possible for someone to explain this a little simpler to me? I’m extremely confused about this whole thing. I’d like to enter somehow because they look cool, but I’ve never actually done this before and I am very confused haha
Geiger the Robot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Geiger the Robot wrote:Is it possible for someone to explain this a little simpler to me? I’m extremely confused about this whole thing. I’d like to enter somehow because they look cool, but I’ve never actually done this before and I am very confused haha

hiya !! so with this event the aim is to let everyone who you like a kal to make their own !! however, we want to make sure these free MYOs have some effort and love put in to them which is why we are implementing a system where the more developed your MYO is in 2 months, the more edits it is allowed to have at the end of the event. once you have a design that you want to claim as your MYO for the event you'll answer prompts with either or art or writing to earn tokens that will be exchanged at the end of the event to make your new MYO official in the species!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potions-Master » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 pm

So at the start of the event, the MYO itself is free and we just need tokens to buy the edits? Lets say if we buy a common edit it will just be one edit and not unlimited right?
❝ The game is afoot. ❞

My philosophy is, worrying
makes you suffer twice.

adoptablescharacterskals

Potions-Master

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Potions-Master wrote:So at the start of the event, the MYO itself is free and we just need tokens to buy the edits? Lets say if we buy a common edit it will just be one edit and not unlimited right?

yepp, the beginner standard design is completely free and just requires the one prompt response. earning tokens for the next rarity tier for common and uncommon include unlimited edits within those tiers, only rare edits are earned by the edit c:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm

is poetry okay for writing prompts?

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm

werewolf wrote:is poetry okay for writing prompts?

it is, however it still needs to meet the minimal word count of 100 in order to earn a token! it can also be used in supplement or other writing used with it to get to the word count <3
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:50 pm

hello! so, about the off-oekaki myo - I don’t have access to discord or imgur, so I can’t post my myo there when I make it. could I ask someone to upload it there for me?
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me