VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread

Postby magpiemochi. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 am

Prompt 1 - Favorite Summer Hobby(s) or Activity(s)

username; james.
{words or art}

Mallory making her own home-made popsicles to sell at her popsicle stand. She helps others beat the heat and she makes a little extra money on the side. No specific price for the popsicles, and if someone doesn't have any change to spare but still wants a popsicle, she doesn't mind giving any away for free.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Favorite Summer Hobbies [Marisol Prompt #1].

Postby recherché. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:45 pm

x
Username; Kaori Miyazono.

Marisol absolutely loves to swim in the summer with her friends or just by herself. She also loves trying out new fashion styles and eating ice cream, but one of her favorite thing to do of all-time is throw pool parties! With her pool parties, there are a lot of snacks and drinks, along with a ton of cute bathing suits! Wherever the strawberry soda is, Marisol will be there. If there is chicken alfredo, Marisol will definitely be there. Not only does Marisol like to swim and throw parties, but she also loves cleaning and painting. Her second favorite thing to do is have photo-shoots! There are few things that Marisol won't do.
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 pm

username;
Steampunkvale
Jack
Enjoys his summer parties with friends. He enjoys making smoothies and having a giant blast on the beach sun on his fur and loud music and when it gets dark it's still nice and warm out so the parties can last for days on out without him getting tired. He enjoys thoughts kinds of things. Dancing, music and the over all excitement though sometimes when the beat gets to loud the athoritys are called and that is when the real excitement beginns when everyone has to run from them. Though he doesn't know it but he's the only one who really enjoys the whole getting in trouble aspect of the party
Last edited by corgiboy on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gallifrey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm

username; Gallifrey
{words or art}

Sunlight glimmered off the dew-covered grass, birds sang and the winds whistled through the trees with the sounds of morning. A viscet watched, excitement shining in her eyes in anticipation of what this day would bring. Her pack was on vacation for the first time since summer had arrived and she was beyond excited! The spot that had been chosen was a waterfront resort with good food, mountain views, lots of activities and a only a five minute walk to the ocean. It was a true paradise. She'd even planned out an activity schedule for everyone to ensure plenty of time for all of their favorite summer activities. And they were going to end the trip with a grand concert for the other patrons. This was going to be a wonderful vacation indeed.

Except nothing went according to plan. It all begun with the morning breakfast special and a trip to the ER for Uncle Misha, who apparently had an undiagnosed shrimp allergy. Nobody was quite sure how it had gone unnoticed for so long but they were glad he found out before things got more serious. The one bright-side being that he would be allowed to leave the hospital that same day. Which, if things had gone differently, would have meant that they still could follow Harper's schedule with relative ease and get everything done. The only real consequence of the fiasco a new vendetta against shrimp and their pockets a good bit lighter. But even with the best of intentions, things still don't always go according to plan.

A few hours after they left the hospital, the surprise arrival of Cousin Sinclair had everyone in a surprisingly dark mood. He'd shown up out of the blue, having decided to join in on the vacation. No warning at all and entirely uninvited, unwelcome and annoying. That was the problem with Sinclair after all, he was a huge pain in the tail and harder than acne to get get rid of. Especially when he wanted something or you owed him a favor. And since Harper did indeed have a debt to the annoying viscet, the only option was to allow him to stay and join in on their vacation. 'Grin and bear it', she told herself, the schedule could still be reworked to make time for everything after all. At least, she hoped it could.

It was nearly 2:00 in the afternoon before they got to the first activity. A dolphin watching cruise that her mother Mellivora had selected for the peace and relaxation factor. Everything went well at first too and they were enjoying themselves. Until Sinclair, idiot that he was, fell overboard. The great pain had been sitting on the rail despite warnings that it was unsafe and a few large waves were all it took send him flying into the drink. Some pack members were reluctant to rescue him at first, feeling it was what he deserved but Mel put her foot down. Annoying though he was, she was not about to let her brother's child be swept out to sea. Sinclair was a good swimmer but not even he could survive in the rough ocean forever.

Once everyone was finally back on land, it was nearly sunset and their time before nightfall was limited. In hopes of somehow still sticking to the schedule, Harper decided their next activity would be going to the pool, something her sister Michi had selected. But almost right away this too proved to be a bad idea. Sinclair was once again goofing off and somehow tripped and fell headfirst into the pool, knocking into Kasper and stunning them both in the deep water. This meaning that the pack once again found themselves saving Sinclair and going to the ER, this time two of their members having concussions and possible water in the lungs. It was at that point Harper first considered 'accidentally' loosing Sinclair somewhere at the resort.

The next day was only a little better than the first had been. Once Sinclair and Kasper got out of the hospital,they were instant raring to go despite the doctor's orders to rest. So Harper choose, what she thought, was a safe activity from the list. Her own choice of visit the local aquarium. There was no way that idiot could mess this up she thought. She was wrong. They hadn't hardly been at the aquarium for more than a twenty minutes when they suddenly found Sinclair missing. Normally this would be cause for celebration. But with his concussion the other day and the trouble he'd caused already, finding him quickly was paramount. Except, they didn't actually have to look far. Only into the shark tank. Harper couldn't believe her eyes and neither could anyone else.

Rescuing Sinclair from the shark tank took a the combined efforts of aquarium staff and the pack. It also resulted in them being kicked out. Which made the rest of the pack resentful and angry towards Sinclair for the next several hours, resulting in awkward silence and several revenge pranks. It was a while before they left the hotel again. Everyone being afraid that stepping out that door would mean disaster. Which is why everyone was shocked when the next two activities went off without a hitch. Kasper's choice of giant waterslide was great fun and Sinclair's pick of windsurfing proved to the the moral boost that everyone needed. Spirits were lifted again and Sinclair had almost been forgiven for the disasters earlier on. They had hope that the rest of their vacation would a shining success. Once again though, they thought wrong.

By the time the day of the concert came around, the pack was still feeling rejuvenated and in good spirits. They done several more activities and redone the ones that had gotten messed up. This time making sure to tie a rope to Sinclair to keep him out of trouble. Which surprisingly seemed to work and became the default protocol for handling him the rest of the vacation. Something which Sinclair wasn't happy about but accepted since he didn't want to get left behind. Although, he kept insisting that if the rope 'accidentally' broke or came undone, it wouldn't be his fault but instead the result of Harper's poor knotting job. All that succeeded in doing however was making the others keep an even closer watch on him.

In the hours leading up the the concert, things once again begun to go horribly wrong. Sinclair somehow escaped his rope leash, Nico's drumsticks went missing and Michi wouldn't find her suit. The hotel room was frantic and the pack was running every which way trying to find their missing items and cousin, although by this point they were most worried about the drumstick and suit. Eventually the found Michi's suit in a forgotten closet and the drumstick under a couch cushion, likely hidden by Sinclair, and headed to the restaurant stage. The concert itself was a huge success but felt surprisingly empty without their wayward cousin in the audience, making rude gestures and singing along with the incorrect lyrics as he always did. Sinclair may be an annoyance but everyone really did love the idiot. They had to find him.

It took several hours and was nearly sunset before they discovered where Sinclair had gone. Apparently he'd heard about a hatching sea turtle nest and, loving animals as he did, wouldn't leave until he was sure the babies had made it to sea safely. And with his protection, they did. All except for one that had seemingly taken a liking to him. It was having some trouble hatching and he had to help it out of the egg. After that, it refused to leave his side. He named it Noland. By this point the others were so relieved to have found him that they agreed to let him keep the turtle. Sinclair was nomadic anyway and traveled mainly by sea so he had the means to take care of it. They were just happy to know he was okay.

Everyone finally together again, Harper decided it was time for the final activity of their summer vacation. Watching a sunset over the ocean. They had brought their towels during the search for Sinclair so it didn't take long to set things up. Soon everyone was snuggled together, listening to the ocean and enjoying each-other's company. The ocean gleaming as the sun sank down. This was what they loved most about summer. It wasn't just about the activities, it was the ability to come together and have fun as a family. Watching a sunset with those you love, what could be better than that? Even Sinclair seemed to share the sentiment. For the first time since he'd arrived, he was quiet and content. Snuggled near Harper, Noland in a cooler beside the them. And that's when Harper knew things would all be okay. The vacation had it flaws, but in this moment, everything was perfect.

(1500/1500 Words)

Last edited by Gallifrey on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm

username;
{words or art}
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny!! » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:30 pm

username; Lilly Howlter
{words or art}

(Omg, r e s, I've been wanting to get stubs and such and I saw this and I'm literally crying because I can do this well >°<)
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 am

username; DauntlessDivergentC
{words } wip -

╔═══════════════════════════════╗

I used to be DauntlessDivergentC! Please do not steal!
You may still refer to me as Daunt or Dauntless! I am
still working on fixing my signature! SNM is still alive
and active! It was moved to Deviantart! Please do not
ask to buy my breed! Akhal-Turk is a new horse breed!
Feel free to check out the metallic horses!

DeviantArt | SNM | Fergons | Mao Aku | Akhal-Turk

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 am

username; Strudel
{words}

Huxley looked to Peyton with wide eyes.

"Pleeeaasssse?" the viscling practically begged as he jumped up and down. "Uncle Hawkins will keep me safe for sure!" not that Hawkins was in any way related to him (or to Peyton for that matter) but Huxley had taken to calling the debonair viscet his uncle almost immediately after having met him.

Peyton looked to her young charge. How could I resist a face like that? Besides, it was really her favorite summer activity as well. Hawkins chuckled as he watched Peyton relent under the pressure that Huxley exuded.

"Fine." Peyton hesitantly replied "You can go sailing with Hawkins. You are wearing a life jacket though." she made sure to stipulate "And I am coming with. There's not telling how much trouble the two of you could manage to get into together." she grinned to Hawkins a moment, knowing full well a man such as he could indeed get himself and her adopted "son" into quite a bit of a pickle if she wasn't around to watch the two of them. It wasn't as if she didn't trust Hawkins to watch out for Huxley, she just knew that the two of them were no strangers to trouble-making. Especially Hawkins, who had spent his life at sea without parental supervision.

"If you wanted to come with." Hawkins responded "All you had to do was ask. I would have invited you openly." he chuckled some as Peyton's face heated up.

"It's not like that, and you know it, sailing is fairly enjoyable... but." Peyton paused a moment to gather her thoughts "Huxley is still so young and small. He certainly shouldn't be sailing without proper supervision.

"And I'm not?" Hawkins raised a brow to his old friend, looking at her accusingly "Are you saying you don't trust me? After all this time?"

Peyton snorted in amusement "With a child? Do you even have to ask that? Have you even cared for a child before?"

Hawkins' expression gave him away. It was obvious his only answer for that would be a no. He didn't try to tease Peyton again after that, he simply began to lead them down the beach and to the dock.

Right now, Hawkins only had a small vessel, plenty large enough for the two of them but nothing like the magnificent ship he had once owned. He found that in some ways he quite liked that. It was a little more lonely out at sea than it had been on his large ship with his crew, but it wasn't as if any viscets in this time would know enough about sailing a large ship for him to even be able to find a crew. Besides, he found he liked the peace. Most of his life fighting had been what he knew, fighting and sailing that is. He had to admit, sailing as a hobby instead of a way to survive was more peaceful. Especially during the summer months as it were now.

Peyton would have agreed with that. As she boarded the sailboat, she breathed in deeply the salty air that usually only vaguely reached her home on particularly windy days. If she could choose to do anything in the summer outside of her regular work, it would probably be just this. Sailing with her oldest friend, and her beautiful young charge.

Huxley practically bounced with excitement, this would be the second time he had gone sailing. He loved everything about it. The way the boat moved, the feeling of the sun beating against him, spending time with his "uncle". He didn't even mind having to learn to help and following the instructions, he just wanted to be out there feeling the rays of the summer sun on his back and in his mane.This would be the first of many excursions out into the sea for the young viscet this summer-- he would beg to keep going, joining Hawkins every chance he could get. He would learn to sail the boat alongside his beloved uncle, sometimes with Peyton and sometimes without. His summer would be filled with adventure, and fun, with his little family unit. He couldn't imagine wanting to do anything else more during the summer, he loved every minute of it. If Hawkins and Peyton were honest, they wouldn't want to do anything else either.

Thereon afterward, sailing would be a summer tradition, one that all three of them would cherish deeply. They would spend hours and days on the small sailboat together. Huxley would learn all the fine details of sailing, swimming, and fishing from Hawkins during these excursions over time. And Hawkins learned how to care for a child properly, and learned what it was like to worry over a child as well when Huxley would do something foolish or something that Hawkins asked him not to do. But even when Hawkins would be worried, Huxley would get in trouble, or when the both of them would get in trouble with Peyton-- they still wouldn't do anything else or have it any other way. The call of the sea had always been strong for Hawkins, but the sea in the summer sun with his two passengers was something special. He was glad and proud to share his love of the ocean with the two people in the world he cared most about, and they would always be glad to share it with him.

[905 Words]

Peyton, Huxley, and Hawkins all belong to me.

Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 am

Username; DragonCave

Roll Call!
    Summertime is a busy time for both the members of Dustin's pack and the neighborhood, but not busy in a stressful way. They busy themselves because they want to. Dustin, always striving to be a good alpha, is often working on slowly expanding their borders. He and Lucine, with her heightened hearing, will often spend a full day exploring and marking up a specific area of unclaimed territory, noting to themselves what may have to be wrestled away from another pack. They have fun with this, however, and regularly take breaks to rest or swim, often at Lucine's suggestion. Serafina and Aponi are frequently spotted sparring in the clearing of their camp. It can appear rather violent, actually. Neither tend to hold back more than they have to and their snarling can he heard from some distance away. Of course, this is all in good fun and both girls like to treat themselves to a nice meal after helping each other clean off. During the night, Aponi patrols the borders and collects any vaguely recognizable herbs to give to Kodiak. Marcel unfortunately, isn't one for the heat, and much prefers to stick to the shade while chatting with Kodiak or watching his mate, Serafina, spar. Kodiak never seems to stop moving during the summer, constantly checking sites she hopes to find herbs in, and collecting any herbs that have been left behind by Aponi's night excursions. Of course, at any moment Marcel, Aponi, and Serafina could be called away if Dustin and Lucine fall into a battle. Lucine and Serafina always make sure to visit their fathers at least twice every summer. Bastion and Rey enjoy the visits from their daughters, who occasionally bring along pack mates. Of course, Bastion can't sit still for very long, and takes great joy in dragging Rey, Bellatrix, and Oscar out to the beach. Here, Oscar and Bella have the time of their lives chasing, splashing, and swimming with each other. Rey is more of a land kind of guy, and spends his time making sand castles of varying sizes around their claimed beach spot and proudly states that it is their new-found kingdom. When home, Oscar's yard could be considered a war zone. Oscar and Bella love water fights. Squirt guns, water balloons, normal hoses, you name it. If you can splash another being with it, it's more likely than not in their arsenal of water weapons. Over all, summer is a time of activity for the viscets of the forest and the town, but one that they all enjoy. (427 words)

(I'm sorry this seems so scattered but I wanted to show everyone doing their favorite things and my train of thought went off the tracks ^^")
Last edited by DragonCave on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnakeScales » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 am

username; SnakeScales
{words or art}

res with my viscet Karat
    xxxxxxxxxxImage
    Alexander, call me Alex - male - bi - dragon cave
    ♡s: drawing, zombies,
    Fall Out Boy, tøp,
    musicals (Hamilton, Heathers, BMC, DEH)
    kpop
    pixel by Selkie, avatar by me, my character/s
    xxxxxvery inactive on this site
SnakeScales