Journey to Trinity Tree-- Summer Event Adventure CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to Trinity Tree-- Summer Event Adventure OPEN

Postby ToxicShadow » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am

Username: ToxicShadow
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kandra, Pandra
Link to their pride or group: Oddity Pride
Prompt Choice: N/A
Prompt:

Neither sister was certain as to how they really ended up in this place, in this position, but as the smaller cat, bristled up and seeming intent on shielding the two lions behind it, shouted, it was impossible to pretend that everything was okay.

Of course, neither Pandra nor Kandra really tried to pretend that. But, still, so many were getting hurt over what was happening, and that needed to stop. No god or goddess should have dragged so many mortals into their strife.

"Then come with us," Kandra replied, easily enough, seemingly unfazed by any signs of desperate hostility.

That cat was right. Never being able to leave the forest, being forced to live a certain way, to have to fight, even when you did not want to, it was a terrible way to live.

"Or, if not with us, than go with others," Pandra added on. She glanced momentarily at her sister, remembering a moment of the past, before her eyes shifted back to the cat in which they were speaking to.

"This world... I don't like it," Kandra told them. "How could these two different goddesses ask you all to fight for them?"

"They even brought all of us, so many others, into their battle, and they shouldn't have. We don't belong here, we shouldn't have been brought here in the first place. But one good thing comes of it, don't you know? In theory, we will be returning home soon. As will many of the others." Pandra said, thoughtfully.

"So, if you want to try your paws at a new life, away from these goddesses, away from this world, than choose a portal, and go there."

It was difficult to know if this was truly what was best for any of those that belonged to this world. Would leaving this world of theirs really make them happy? Neither of the sisters could say, for certain, but it was an option that they had, anyway. It was a choice that they could make, if they wanted to make it.

"Once, we had to make a similar choice," the more colorful sister explained, briefly. "Especially because of my differences, even in just the way I looked, life was not... great. At first. So I made the choice. I left behind what I knew, and went into the unknown."

"And you can choose to do the same," the red eyed sister said. "I don't know what your life may be like, from here on out, if you stay here, nor do I know exactly what it will be like, if you all choose to leave, but both staying and leaving are real possibilities. And if you don't like the life you are leading, then change it."

"Even you have the power to do that much," Kandra told them. "Even if you are not goddesses, or gods, you are so incredibly strong. You have lived through all the fighting. Through all the strife. Not even being able to leave the forest, but you survived. You made it this far, because you are strong."

"I did say, that you can... come with us. That is true for any of you. Where we come from, of course there are its own sets of rules and dangers, and there may occasionally be fighting, but... We fight to protect others, namely."

"Where we come from, ultimately, we all strive to show kindness. Only those with good intentions can live among us, but we are free, and accepted, regardless of our differences or what we all may have gone through. Many of us had very harsh realities, before coming to where we are now," Pandra carried on.

"But it... is an option," Kandra said once more.

[621]
Last edited by ToxicShadow on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albino polar bear » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am

Username: albino polar bear
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chi
Link to their pride or group: X
Prompt Choice: N/A
Prompt: Image

Edit: Link is updated.
Last edited by albino polar bear on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
albino polar bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:07 am

Username: TimelordSnowy
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: NPC named Clover
Link to their pride or group: N/A no founder
Prompt Choice: 600 words
Prompt:

Clover flinched back and shrunk in on herself at the lioness’ response. That’s...not what she meant. Why can’t people just be nice? Maybe it’s the guards she should have been worried about. “There’s no need for that…” She mutters not loud enough to be heard. She listens to the young cat. She’s not sure how she feels about gods. She doesn’t think they have any where she’s from. She knows the Spirituals talk to their ancestors. Getting advice and warnings from them about things to come. She’s never personally talked to any but she’s also not a Spiritual. She can’t help but wonder what they would say. The connection that all the cats in the group have to them, even the ones who don’t have the Sight or Sense, has been non-existent since she arrived in this strange place. It’s...unpleasant. Clover did not know this was something they had but ever since it’s been gone she wants it to come back. Fighting for their whole lives? She can’t even imagine that… As far as she is aware her group has never fought anyone. They have fighters and warriors sure, but it’s more a precaution due to legends.
“I think we should consider what they are saying.” She slowly stood up and shuffled closer. “I know nothing about gods or goddesses. We have none where I am from. But what we do have is a connection. One to our ancestors who guide us and teach us. Warn us of danger. I do not know if this is something your gods and goddesses do. I can not speak on their opinions and beliefs. But I can tell you mine and my ancestors. If we were in your shoes, they would not want us to fight. They just want us to live in peace, and be happy.” She stops in front of the young cat and her friends, bowing her head to them in peace. “They would not wish for us to suffer. And I may not have the Sight and only an inkling of the Sense, I am sure they do not wish for you all to suffer as well. Even if they do not know you.” She turns to look at the lioness in charge. “That was completely unnecessary. They are young and scared. All you are achieving is scaring them more. I agree that you should talk, figure something out. Something that works for everyone. I do not want to be here in this situation anymore then you do, I’m sure. And you may not care about my opinions at all. But I am stuck here for the time being, so you are stuck with me and I will not stand by as you bully young cats that are scared.”
Clover dug her claws into the ground, fur bristling. She may be known as the resident scaredy cat in the group, but everyone knows she cares for the young ones. She would protect them as much as the fiercest mother bear protects her cubs. And while she may not know these three, she knows they are young and they are scared and they are not a threat. “I don’t know what your gods and goddesses want from you or even from me. But I think we should all be a bit more kind to each other. That’s all.” Clover calmly sat down in front of the group facing the lioness. Acting as a wall in case she decided to do anything drastic, or not bother listening. As much as she wanted to find a way home, she would not leave until they sat and talked, and figured things out.

[611/600]

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 am

Username: snapshot
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mamba
Link to their pride or group: Lions of the Waves
Prompt choice: n/a
Prompt: [707/600 words]

The three stowaways from the army of decay look resigned to being boxed in by hostile life goddess guards. The two lions are hiding further back while the young cat is standing before her friends, her fur all puffed up and bristling. Her dark eyes flash with frustration.

“We’re just tired of all this fighting, alright?! Our whole lives, we haven’t been able to leave the forest. And I bet you’ve spent your whole life fighting us, too! Aren’t you tired of it all? Why can’t we figure something out?! Together! Without these gods that are leaving us to suffer for them!”

You think back to Cormac, to Ekroam and Tederick, and Asa. And think of the cats you haven’t met yet, both here in this city or in the forest. Are any of them really happy? Truly enjoying themselves outside of what their gods tell them to do?

Mamba was surprised to see that the three beings that emerged from the shadows were not monsters, nor beasts of some kind. They did not have bodies made of muck and rot the way the other monsters in the army of decay did. Instead, the three felines - two lions and one cat - were exactly that- felines. Creatures of flesh and blood, just like him. Just like Asco. Just like all of the citizens of the city of life. These three didn't seem to be visitors from other realms, the way the other cats and lions who had switched to the side of the army of decay were. They were somehow citizens of this world that lived with the side of decay. That was not something Mamba had considered before, since most of the members of the army of decay had seemed to be made out of plant matter and other natural inanimate materials. But apparently not all. Apparently, there were some living felines among both sides.

Mamba listened as the guards made accusations and spoke harshly to the three cats. The three responded in turn, speaking in irritated tones. They said that they were sick of this world and of the fighting. Mamba wondered just how long this fighting had been going on for. Months? Years? Decades? Considering the fact that one of the lions said that they hadn't been able to leave the forest their whole lives, Mamba suspected it had been a long, long time. A lifelong war, never ending. Until now, hopefully. Maybe this upcoming battle would be the last hurrah, and finally the two sides would come to some kind of agreement.

"I think we should let them go," Mamba said.

The guards turned to him incredulously. "What? No! They're making stuff up so that we let them go!"

"They are not," Mamba replied evenly. "They speak the truth."

"And how would you know? You've only been here a couple of days," one of the guards scoffed.

Mamba stared at him with cool, onyx black eyes. The guard met his gaze for a few moments, then looked away, intimidated.

"Because I am a Child of Qilin," Mamba said, his tone slightly colder, but also proud and not harsh. "We are blessed with Truth Sight. I can see into the hearts and intentions of any being, save a few supernatural ones. The Children of Qilin have been trusted guardians for thousands of years across many realms. We know when someone is lying, or when someone is shading the truth. And I know that these cats are not lying. Let them go. Let them live their lives, away from war and the control of so-called goddesses. They will not cause any more trouble here. They simply wish to live their lives freely. Is that too much to ask? Is that so hard to grant?"

The guards shifted uneasily. They didn't want to let the trespassers go, but the lion beside them with the scales and the unreadable jet black eyes had suddenly seemed to shift from a calm, unassuming being to something powerful, almost frightful, though his tone was even and he had not spoken harshly. It was as if they were only just now seeing what he really was, and they were reluctant to make him mad or disobey his suggestion.

"Fine," one of the guards huffed. "You three can go. But get out. I don't want to see you poking your noses around here again, understand? Go be free or whatever. But leave our city alone."

The three nodded in agreement. Mamba led them out of the tunnels and up into the open air.

"Thank you for defending us," one of them said.

Mamba dipped his head in acknowledgement. "It was my duty."

"Can you really see when people are lying, like you said?" The small cat asked.

Mamba smiled. "I can indeed. It is a gift of my heritage. Qilins are said to have that ability, along with strong morals. Though my species has more lion blood than dragon, the morality and Truth Sight were preserved and have remained strong among the Children of Qilin."

"Neat," said one lion.

"And a little scary," said the other.

Mamba laughed. "Yes, I suppose so."
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:23 am

Username: Placebo
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bastion
Link to their pride or group: Lerwick
Prompt Choice: n/a
Prompt: 652 words

Despite being unconscious for most of the time spent here, Bastion was surprised at just how... eventful everything ended up being. Finding out citizens lived in this strange world, to realizing that they could see his incorporeal form despite the fact that his actual body was virtually dead to the world... A strange time indeed. While Anamika and Jasper were out... doing what they needed to do, he supposed, Bastion found himself being roped into some of the strangest tasks for the citizens in this world. They didn't seem to care that he couldn't touch anything, but they sent him along to do tasks anyway. The lions and cats who came from the other side couldn't speak to or hear him, but the citizens of the city welcomed him kindly enough.

It put Bastion at ease, more than anything else. It reminded him of home, especially considering the odd circumstances that led to him and his two young charges being trapped here. He just hoped they could all get home in time before anyone in Lerwick could miss them.

But now, thinking back to all of the citizens in the city, and the war they had to live through... it reminded him far too much of the conflicts he and his own citizens were facing. Though most of his time here was spent worrying for Anamika and Jasper, he couldn't help but briefly think about Vincent, and his own plot to spark anarchy within the kingdom. Lerwick was its own odd little sanctuary away from the horrors of battle and strife within the kingdom, but Bastion still worried about how long his budding town's peace would last. There was so much he needed to do, with so little time at hand, but... But.

He could see how this realm had changed Anamika and Jasper. They sure as hell didn't need that night-training anymore, that was for sure, but... these 15 days showed just how resilient the two young cats were. How determined, strong, powerful.

He just wished he could've been more present to guide them. Speaking into their ears to guide just a few of their movements felt like far too little during this time of strife.

And the conflict between the goddess of life and the god of decay... and all those who suffered because of the anger inherent between the two... just the thought ripped a snarl in Bastion's chest. Yet another pair of rulers too tied up in their own conflict and sense of power to see how their fighting affected their own people. It made him sick.

Bastion had to take a moment to breathe. It was no matter. This constant strife ended up being both sides' downfall. The fires ended up being the last curtain call. The one force calling the shots.

Anamika had to pull his body to safety from the burning trees, and this was the only time he was able to get the molly to see him since they first arrived. He instructed her to move his body to somewhere sheltered, urged by a citizen and a tree guardian, and he sat with her as they both anxiously waited for Jasper to return.

When the young tom returned as well, Bastion was beside himself with joy. He had aided the tom from afar in multiple fights with his short, clipped instructions, and seeing his faded, battered form in one piece drove the stoic mayor to tears. They could both see (or at least sense) his incorporeal form, but they both curled around his unconscious body as they all basked in the reunion. And he watched over them both as they looked up at him with wide, still uncertain eyes.

Bastion nearly choked up. How could he be so proud of two individuals in this way?

"We'll get back home soon enough, you two. Just you wait."

He just hoped he could keep his word.

edit and note for archivist: edited after the end of the event to get to 650 words for level-up requirements; original was 644 words
Last edited by Placebo on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride
Prompt:

Chetan watched the strangers curiously, noting the relationship between the two. He was surprised to realize the smaller cat seemed to be the boldest of the three. Then again, remembering the ocelots back in the rainforest, perhaps that wasn't too surprising after all. The small cat stepped forward, eyes hard and fur fluffed out.

The leopard listened to her speak, realizing for the first time that the war had been going on for much longer than he had been led to believe. These cats weren't adults, but they certainly weren't children. They had been participating in this war their entire lives? How many others had? What exactly was happening here, and why did the goddess keep so much from the champions?

His mind went back to how he had found Tederick, under the silent and watchful eyes of the goddess. Maybe the champions were not the only cats she was silent towards... Who was the goddess in the first place? He had asked before, but she hadn't answered. Did anybody know? What was going on here? Why were cats not allowed to leave the forest? Why did the goddess direct them in a war she shared so little about? And why did cats from the opposing side come their the Trinity Tree to try to find peace?

Chetan spoke before the guards could. "She's right." The leopard said. All eyes were on him in and instant. Unlike before, he did not flinch away. "If what she says is true," He paused, meeting the yes of the guards, waiting for them to say if it wasn't. No one spoke. "then there needs to be change."

"You don't know what you're talking about, leopard." One of the guards said. "This is the way it had always been."

"But it doesn't have to be!" The brave cat interjected. The guard gave her a harsh look, quieting her.

"She's right." Chetan repeated. "The way I see it, she's right about a lot. When I found Tederick today, he was under the eyes of the goddess herself. He had been missing for three days, if not more, and had lain down to die. And the goddess only watched."

A murmur passed through the group of guards. Evidently, they hadn't heard yet. Chetan pressed on. "For as long as I've been here, the goddess has seemed... distant. Maybe I am wrong, but if I am, it is because I was called to fight a war in a strange world, and was not given the full story by the one who called me here. I have seen the goddess few times since I have come here. None of the champions have truly spoken with her. Have any of you?"

The guards were silent.

"...If these cats here are so tired of fighting that they would risk coming in the enemy camp, then I am sure others are too."

"It could be a trap!" A guard challenged.

"A trap staged by three teenagers?" Chetan replied evenly. "Really?"

The guard looked away.

Chetan sighed. "I haven't spoken to the goddess, but I have spoken to many tree guardians. All spoke of what the goddess told them to do, how they fight this war at the goddess' command. But if she is quiet otherwise, and so many are so tired of fighting, don't you think it is time for change?"

The lead guard glanced at the three teenagers, then looked at Chetan. "It's not that easy."

"Why not?"

"We live under the goddess' protection, and have served her all our life. It would be impossible to change."

"Not if others want change." Chetan countered gently. "What happens after you win the war, if so many don't even want to fight it? What if you don't win?" He glanced at the teenagers. "I think she's right. I think it's time to take a good, long look at what you are doing, and decide whether what you want is what the goddess tells you to do."
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:06 pm

Here are the last results!

Minifun990-- 350 XP, 50 runestones
Jantzi01-- 350 XP, 75 runestones
SurgeFire-- 250 XP, 100 runestones
Goddess Sword-- 250 XP, 150 runestones
Isabella45-- 100 XP, 100 runestones
Firedancer77-- 750 XP, 10 runestones
Flicka-- 250 XP, 150 runestones
Wet Bread-- 350 XP, 75 runestones
-wild- -- 250 XP, 125 runestones
midnightkitkat-- 500 XP, 75 runestones
runnersback-- 750 XP
SunlightSecrets-- 500 XP, 25 runestones
Frisco-- 250 XP, 60 runestones
Meekins12345-- 100 XP, 85 runestones
Kitten-Girl-500 -- 250 XP, 75 runestones, and a design! Pick the color palette and inspiration/description c:
ToxicShadow-- 250 XP, 75 runestones
albino polar bear-- 225 runestones
TimeLordSnowy-- 175 runestones
Snapshot-- 250 XP, 85 runestones
Placebo-- 250 XP, 150 runestones
EchoIre-- 500 XP, 25 runestones

Thank you so much for playing!
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]