The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby cervidae » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:58 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: cervidae
Link to roll call post:owo
Prompt response:

♡ inactive account
dv

cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Medd
Link to roll call post: boop
Prompt response:

"Test of courage?"

Max rolled her tired, pale eyes at the prospect of a trudge through nature's wonderful terrain. She couldn't wait for the wilderness hike, expressed by her painfully obvious and non-discreet sigh, which seemed to travel to the buzzing swarms of kits surrounding her. She simply turned rather childishly and poked her tongue out towards them and blew a lengthy raspberry. Mature, right? She glanced towards the kalons running the hike and narrowed her eyes with slight hostility. Who on this earth would want to walk in this disgusting heat? She quizzed, sitting far from the sign up sheet to convey her disinterest in the whole situation. Max didn't much fancy being chased by wild raccoons or an angry swarm of bees. Her eyes finally wandered over to Beni and Iphis and she felt slight pity, as the other kals swarmed around the sign-up sheet. Only a tiny bit though mind!
When the commotion eased, she lazily walked over to the sheet and 'clicked' the red side down on the pen and began to quickly scribble Max in squiggly, cursive letters. With a quick glance over her shoulder, she hurried away before anyone could see.
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 am

Sign-up Time!

Username: G1 Sunstreaker
Link to roll call post: click
Prompt response:
She hadn't seen a multicolored pen in ages.

The clipboard was old. She could tell that much. It certainly didn't look as fresh as the pristine white sheet of paper it held. Multiple names had been scribbled both on and off of the lines; there was so much color that she could hardly read the names. She recognized none of them; did she really know not a single Kamper here? She knew an awful lot of folks, but none of the listed names were ringing any bells.

"A hike, huh?" she murmured. Excitement rose as her thoughts whirled. She loved the outdoors, and it was probably safe to assume that most of the other Kampers did as well. Hopefully, this would go well with such a large crowd, and she would be able to make a few new friends. She could use someone to giggle with during the rest of Kamp.

Her whiskers were tickled by the light breeze as she reached for the pen, flicking through the colors curiously. Was there an orange? There had to have been an orange somewhere in there.

Sure enough, the worn multicolor pen popped out an orange nib when she pulled on the faded tab. With a growing smile and bright eyes, she reached forward and scribbled her name onto the sheet of paper.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kh.aotic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: kh.aotic
Link to roll call post: xXx
Prompt response:

Me? Scared? Never.

On the first day of Kamp, Oliver had read about the Forbidden Forest and the Test of Courage in his brochure. Intrigued, he decided that he would check it out that night before sign ups began. He wanted to scout out the forest to get an idea of what it was like, test out some of his new gear, and perhaps plant some traps to scare the other kampers. After lights out, he hastily grabbed a flashlight and some extra batteries, put on his night vision goggles, and snuck out of his cabin, heading towards the dark forest.

Now that the sign up sheet had finally been posted, Oliver couldn't wait for the night hike. He had made some modifications to his night vision goggles to prepare for this. When he reached the front of the line, he scrawled his name on the last available spot on the sheet of paper.
"Test of Courage, huh? I ain't scared one bit!"
Aruca Adopts

Image Please interact with my pokemon! uwu

Join Furvilla!
Furvilla Price Guide
---

kh.aotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Akemi-chan
Link to roll call post: XXX
Prompt response:
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Alright kids, sign-ups are over! Hope you all had a chance to write your name down."

Beni steps up, brows raised as he regards the sign-up sheet with interest. He turns to you and the small crowd of campers that stayed behind after signing up, grin wide and eyes shining.

"I'm glad so many of you are excited to go on the hike! We'll give you more information on what's gonna happen after we go through the list of names. Have fun and stay safe, kids!"

With that, he leaves, slinging an arm around Iphis’ shoulders, who had been watching from a distance. (If you didn't know any better, you would have said that Iphis looked rather pleased as well.)

Prompt number one is closed!
Any posts or further edits past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results and the second prompt will be posted at rollover!

Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not meeting the minimum word count:
-antique skies
-Dancing.cinnamon~

@Knuckle Bine, G1 Sunstreaker and otis: Your forms did not have a link to the required roll call post!
I'll let it slide this time but please remember to do so next round, or it'll warrant a disqualification.

Sorry for the delay in results!
Prompt number two has been posted on the first page!

In addition, please be sure to re-read the rules and guidelines section;
there has been some updates and further clarifications on the rules!

(Also please keep your forms readable and not v smol text blease save my old man eyes.)

Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:38 pm

-snip-

[deleting all my old posts]
Last edited by 【Wildfire】 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
    username: nektar
    link to roll call post: oh
    link to previous form: hecc
    prompt response:

lovette gripped her sheets as she stared out of the window, looking for any hint of what might have woken her, but she saw nothing. the noise, though, carried through the crisp midnight air and into her ears clearly. she could not sleep like this, her fur was standing on end and she couldn't rip her mind from it. she swung her legs around quietly, hanging them off of the bed for a moment, she hesitated then bit her lip as her toes touched the cold wooden cabin floor. it sent chills up her spine, she reached for the flashlight that was on her bedside. she looked about her seeing as some of the other campers were stirring with the noise that echoed through out the cabin.

she looked at each of the kampers, some were still in their beds just staring out of the window, some had hid under the covers, and some, like her, were out of bed slowly making their way towards the door, like zombies.

lovette knew very well that what ever was out there could potentially harm her, but she couldn't stand back and simply hide. that wasn't her personality, she was too proud and wild to do such a thing. plus the idea of a midnight adventure excited her to the core and she smiled at this, her head was buzzing and she felt a new energy rush through her. she walked a little bit faster but kept her foot steps quiet, she walked until she ahead of most of the other kampers.

she reached the door and slowly pushed it open then looked back at everyone else with a smile and a nod she pushed the door all the way open and crept out of the cabin making her way towards the forest. she gripped her flashlight tightly as she looked up at the towering dark pine trees. i am not afraid! she gritted her teeth and walked on, with her head high into the darkness.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Big Surprise

Postby AboveAspen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Username: AboveAspen
Link to roll call post: Here!
Link to previous form: Here!
Prompt response:

Finnegan had sat himself up long ago, when the noise from outside first occurred. He was startled at first, but never fearful. Rather, Finnegan's curiosity had gotten the best of him and he began to imagine what sort of creatures could produce such a sound. It was definitely too soft to be any sort of dragon, and not nearly deep enough to be a demon. His next thought, obviously much more realistic than any sort of dragon or demon, were fairies, or maybe even pixies. Yeah, definitely pixies. They were well known to cause trouble; being an annoyance was basically their specialty. Hmm...but were they usually active during the night? Fin's mythology knowledge was failing him, only leading him to indefinite answers of what could be making such a noise. Ah ha! That had to be it! There was absolutely nothing else that could have been making such a raucous outside, other than the one and only; Bigfoot!

Springing from his bunk, Fin did his best to land silently as to not wake up any of the other kampers, before scrambling for a flashlight he knew he had packed. A toothy smile grew across his face as he felt the cold metal brush against his paw as he searched blindly through his bag. Snatching it up, Fin tip-toed through the cabin, opening the door with minimal squeaking and closing it all the same.

The outside air was brisk, making Fin debate on whether or not he should run back inside for his jacket. No, there was no time. He had to get his once in a lifetime look at Bigfoot! His flashlight flickered on, and Fin had pointed it in the direction the sounds came from. One foot after the other, Fin situated himself on a well defined path. Getting lost wouldn't help him any, so it was best to be somewhat cautious.

Oh how fun was this?~ Fin thought to himself, stealthily making his way along the trail which lead closer to the sound he was so sure lead to Bigfoot. Fin managed to walk far enough that when he turned his head back, he could no longer see where he had entered from...but! The sound was almost clear as day now and...what was this? Footprints? Finnegan gasped, covering his mouth quickly as his own sounds reverberated off of the trees and to his dismay, had caused whatever he had been following before, to go silent.

There were footprints though! Huge foot-like impressions had been left in the ground no more than a few steps away from himself. Oh how he had wished he'd grabbed his camera from his bag! No one would believe him if he said that he'd found footprints in the forest, nor did he think there would be anyone brave enough to follow him back out here at this time of night. Well...that wasn't the point! Someone had to believe him, right? Barely being able to hold in his excitement, Finnegan had pivoted on his heels and beelined it back towards his cabin.

Poor Finnegan. Had the boy actually seen real-life Sasquatch footprints, or had one of the councilors played a mean trick on him? He would never know.
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me