✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (OVER!)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Which style of event do you prefer?

Vouchers, prompts, and daily exercises like this one
47%
Tokens, love notes, and daily exercises like Kalontines
38%
Tokens, daily claims, and hidden prizes like the Winter Event
13%
No opinion
3%

Total votes : 118

Re: ✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (Workshop 3)

Postby Fuscontidox » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 pm

And that's why I said it sounds harsh, I know there's people who have under developed ones they have had for more than two months, but this cuts out the ones that have really developed personalities, there's those out there who just don't want to let go a design even when they have had it for a while and can't develop it but still won't let it go and instead let it rot, unfortunately, that's their own problem, doesn't mean the event can't help encourage them from afar as unfortunate and unfair as that sounds.

But like I said, it cuts out all those already well developed ones that are just being entered to get the items and such. It would be easier to be able to back track when someone received their Kalon than it is to scavenge for information and relationships they have on the Kalon, especially if they don't put their link to their kalons in their signature or do most of their discussion over pm or offsite.

The contest is more fair with a time of ownership limit than it is with an open format, it's becomes an effortless impress me for most of the entries, and also can be a biased if a mated pair is entered and one of the judges happens to have followed up on and enjoyed their story together.

The point of the contest is not to flaunt what you already have written out for a really long time and just rewrite it all because you get expensive items out of it. The point of the contest was to get the community exploring, reach out to others and aim to think deeper than the surface of their new character, especially for those who have a hard time going in depth and thinking of new ways to expand something that's still barely growing, and those who are new to either character building, or the Kalon community and don't have connections to others. Believe it or not, it's really hard to make relations to others, and people often just want to sit in their own bubbles, this contest gets those new memebers to step up and reach out to others who have characters that will compliment what they are trying to build. It's hard to add to a solidified character, and thus, the participants with developed characters, are simply reusing old information without needing to really talk to anyone.

Keep in mind that kits born to other existing kalons could still possibly count, they aren't exactly a blank slate, and have some backbone to incorporate their parents, but they still need to be a character all their own, and have room to grow, especially if they aren't officially grown into Kalon adult lines yet.

But like I said, you can love or hate, this was the first time kalons did an event like this, and honestly I have never seen anyone attempt to do a development comp, I'm proud of Kalon staff for accepting this challenge, there's always room to grow, and I am excited to see the rough edges get smoothened, especially in terms of making the contest into the way it was intended.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (Workshop 3)

Postby Softballpup12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 pm

I'd just like to add a small word in here, and just so you know, I'm not biased, as I got my first Kalon part way into this event. I personally, feel like this would be completely unnecessary. I would though, scrap the competive part of prompt number four. The point of this event wasn't to compete with others, it was to develop your characters. If someone doesn't have a Kalon to develop because all of theirs are already developed, then good for them, they deserve the item rewards. If they choose to use a predeveloped Kalon before their undeveloped ones, then, like you said, that's their own problem. It shouldn't matter to us what others have, just what we can get and do. If they don't want to develop their Kalons, then let them be, that's their own choice. We can all choose what we want to get out of this event, and let's give a cookie to the Kalon staff for rewarding us for trying. For those who developed these Kalons without a reward, they're just getting theirs a slight bit belated.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labradude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Hey everybody!!!

I hate to be 'that one person,' but I'm going to have to cut discussion off here before feelings are hurt/arguments begin! ;w; Despite this, you are absolutely welcomed and ENCOURAGED to send a PM to me! Whether it's about aspects you disliked, decisions you really enjoyed, ideas for future events, or something else... I'd absolutely love to hear about it! Harsh critique is fine, too! I'll show every PM to my fellow staff members so that nobody's voice goes unheard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! <3

Now.. Onto the results for the final prompts!

Day Four - Art
Fernathy, Vanillasaur, imperials, Bluepup429, and waterfront!

Day Four - Writing
Sylar, Areater, satyn, iBrevity, and skywishes01!

If your name has been mentioned above, congratulations! You've earned 1 item voucher, will be added to your total balance on the tracker sheet shortly.

A friendly reminder - When you wish to use an item, the finalized version of the Kalon's reference must be submitted to a staff member! The edit may only be official after it is approved by them.

The last day in which vouchers may be redeemed is April 25th, at 11:59 PM EST.
There are also 6 Small Spyglasses left in the item shop!

Now.. Onto the non-owner portion of the event!
From what I could find, there were actually only three non-owners who entered, and they all tried for Kit #1.

Of these three, I found that the person who showed the most personality and effort was valenciata;;!! They will be rewarded with the kit of their original preference, #1.

LostInTheEcho came in at a VERY close second! I loved their artwork a lot. For this, they have the option of choosing between Kit #2 or Kit #3 if they so desire.

Finally, once the other two have been awarded their kits, Exhausted Pigeon will get whichever kit is left! Ahh, I feel super bad doing this, but hey -- one kalon is better than nothing, right? c:

If LostInTheEcho and/or Exhausted Pigeon choose not to claim their kits, the their fates will go under the jurisdiction of their original owner, Owlie13.

Thank you to everybody for participating in this event! It's been an honor working with you all! <3
labradude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (OVER!)

Postby lovestruck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Congrats to everyone! I'm glad you ended the discussion- it looks like it was getting a bit rough.

Also- thanks so much to kalon staff for hosting this! It was a lot of fun and helped me flesh out my characters a bit more. Plus- I got some items out of it to make my Dream kalon! :>
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Bless.

fun event, thnx.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doryphoros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH AAHHH
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
rio | pansexual| enfp | libra

i make art, occasionally.

come support these amazing adoptables !!!

memelord | kalons | art shop | babusagi

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
doryphoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:02 am

I've decided on picking the blue kalon, thank you
Congrats valenciata;; on your kalon and everyone who won an item voucher
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goobygalaxy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 am

i would love to adopt the pink kalon! this was really fun, i'll probably use some of the story for kit 1 for my new kit!
hello hello, i'm back from a looong hiatus. looking for friends!!!

cass/infp/nonbinary

"what, you egg!"
hello, i'm cass!!

- shakespeare
they/them

furry fandom member

theatre major

current show:
dms are open

Shakespeare's The Tempest
goobygalaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labradude » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm on my phone and about to sleep, but you have a little less than two hours left to submit your item orders!
The shop will close at 11:59 pm EST tonight.

If you absolutely CANNOT do so now, I'll allow them until 11:59 am on April 26th. Please include a valid reason with any late orders.
___________Image
labbi - she/her
avatar by ambereh, signature art by bluepup429!!

my best friend
my kalons

ImageImage
labradude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me