Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Prompt 6: 1026 words

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:39 am

Username: Isabella45
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Khalida, Nthanda, Ravi, Valerius
Link to their pride or group: xxXxx
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:
Story A
After an "enlightening" discussion your cats find themselves given a new task, one asked of them by a majestic older lion with greying beard who called himself the "general" of this place. A simple task- but one he insisted important for your cats to do, to understand, as he so called it. A task to tend to one of the gardens in the city. Of which there were many- but he was very adamant the small sproutlings within them be cared for.

"For life is precious, and should be nurtured. Even if the tree falls, these sprouts may yet stand through the battle we could lose someday, and perhaps one day become the great tree themselves." he says. "And such, we must give them the care they need."

How do your cats respond to something as simple as gardening? can they do so gently, or do they rush to complete their task? How much do they remember? Lions, cats, are certainly not farmers- do they need help to accomplish this, or do they already understand the basics of how a plant may grow? Do they understand the lesson the general seeks to teach them, or view it as unnecessary? Does this offer them some peace in the times to come?

Story B
The voice, contented with the heroes who have stayed there shows itself, gleaming silver eyes peering from the gouges of the tree as it studies its new visitors. It's entourage of death stare unblinking at the life before them. "So..you stay." it says. "Good...good you choose to listen. The goddess... She believes in eternal life, and believes that death has no place among the world." it croons, a desperation in its voice and age beyond its words "And she is wrong...for all of life is a circle, and for new life to grow, she must be shown so..." it says. "We need your help... she would call life to fight rebirth, but it is decay who cannot defend itself.... We do not like our burden, but it is so irrevocably necessary- as the great phoenix, life will rise from the ashes even more strong and vibrant than ever" it attempts to explain. Though, despite its words, it's very easy to sense that the tree is not exactly as adept at addressing any sort of community. "She would see us wiped from this plane, and from existence....She would destroy the ways of life..." it says, desperately. The speech it gives does succeed in riling up the creaking wooden soldiers around it, that stomp their feet and let out snarls of anger. "You cannot imagine the consequence of this.."

Will you stand with eternal life, or will you stand with balance, heroes? What is more important to you, what would you stand to lose, or to gain, can you really fight against your friends? Could you bear the consequences if this being is lying to you?

The goddess... She believes in eternal life, and believes that death has no place among the world. And she is wrong...for all of life is a circle, and for new life to grow, she must be shown so..."

Khalida listened to the deity’s words, feeling suspicious of both sides at this point. She knew there was truth in his words. Sorrowful as it could be death did have its place in the world, and was necessary for new life. But what motivated the goddess to eliminate it? If that was indeed her intention and they weren’t being misled.

"We need your help... she would call life to fight rebirth, but it is decay who cannot defend itself.... We do not like our burden, but it is so irrevocably necessary- as the great phoenix, life will rise from the ashes even more strong and vibrant than ever"

As the being kept speaking Khalida listened closely, trying to pick out the truths and lies between their words. The goddess had indeed called them to fight, but what exactly was her goal? She had yet to really enlighten them on too many details. Did she truly mean to destroy them? Or were these creatures overstepping their place in the world and upsetting the balance. She wasn’t willing to easily accept the truths as told by either side, thinking each was likely to be biased or altering the truth a little to fit their own purposes.
Beside her Valerius seemed just as skeptical and uncertain as he listened. He could sense that this being didn’t seem to be too comfortable addressing them all and wondered when the last time was that anyone had come here.

"She would see us wiped from this plane, and from existence....She would destroy the ways of life..."

That was a big claim, Khalida thought, but she didn’t dismiss the idea, finding it wasn’t too hard to believe really. But many questions went through her mind. If only both of the entities could be brought together to discuss things she thought it would be a great help in determining their true motivations and purposes.

Regardless the creatures at the tree were certainly excited by this speech and Khalida felt a twinge of unease.
"You cannot imagine the consequence of this.."

Khalida doubted they could imagine the consequences or either choice. But she knew she didn’t feel ready to totally ally herself with this entity or the goddess without knowing entirely how her choice would affect this world.

If this entity was lying they could bring disaster and ruin down on this world, and the same if the goddess was the one lying. But if both of them were only telling half-truths, well then she would feel obligated to work toward the best outcome even if she had to work against them both to some degree to achieve it. But then she remembered that her sister was still back with the goddess and had yet to appear.
If it came down to it, she wasn’t sure what her sister would choose. But she did know she couldn’t go against her if this all came to a fight. The possibilities all crowded into her head, making her wish not for the first time that somehow she could find some more clarity in all of this.

“I think they may both be leading us astray,” Valerius murmured to her as the entity stopped speaking.

“Our choice, whatever it is, could have quite an impact on this world and all of its citizens,” she murmured.

“So what do we do? Ally ourselves here, or with the goddess?”

Khalida paused a moment to consider then said, “Ally ourselves here. But…let’s not commit to this cause too fully. Not until we’ve worked out the truth of this whole matter.”

“Very well. We’ll have to be careful.”

“Very careful. And let’s hope the others are as well.”

~…………~

Gardening. Of all the things that might have been asked of them Nthanda had not expected gardening. She could see how it might help. Any of these sprouts might be the ‘heir’ to the great tree. And yet, was that really the most important thing at this particular time?
Briefly she couldn’t help but wonder if the goddess was somehow growing her own army or fortress within the gardens. She wasn’t sure the goddess was entirely trustworthy and her silence on matter of importance to her champions was frustrating to say the least.
On instinct she half wanted to refuse to help and find something that seemed more useful to do, but perhaps gardening would enlighten them somehow and answer some of their questions. At the very least they could examine the plants up close and see if there seemed to be anything noteworthy about them.
Gardening had always come naturally to her so she wasn’t concerned about killing the sprouts or anything at least. As a matter of fact in the city the plants almost seemed to call to her in some way.
After discussing it with Ravi they decided to at least try and see if it helped them any. For now they wouldn’t follow their companions and would just hope that they were alright. Perhaps their best way of helping them would be to stay and learn what they could.
So the pair settled in and awaited the general’s instructions on how to care for the plants. Nthanda thought some of them almost seemed to glow with life and vibrancy, nothing like the decaying creatures she had seen the other night.
Just being near them she felt more energized than she had since going through the portal and arriving at the city. She couldn’t tell if Ravi felt the same but upon trying to ask him was quickly ‘shushed’ by the general who gave them a scathing glare.
After that she just settled in to work quietly, not wishing to ruffle the older lion’s fur. She had plenty to think about anyway. After all, war could be coming. And somehow she was going to have to survive it with what knowledge she had brought her, and this new found knowledge of gardening.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:18 am

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Calypso , Barley
Link to their pride or group: Starheart's Regiment , The Wanderlust
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:
They know how to garden. Doesn't mean they like it.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:57 am

Username: reyligion
    Link to cat(s) involved in prompt: Shrike
    Link to their pride or group: Augures
    Prompt level completion: 5
    Prompt: Story B
    Shrike was grateful to those who chose to sit and listen. Truthfully, he had no ill will towards the ones who walked away, not when they were surrounded by so much unfamiliarity that it easily became overwhelming. He was aware that he could be putting his life into somebody else's paws, and that he barely knew what that somebody's intentions were. He held his ground, and when his comrades had settled down and made their decisions, he sensed a response from the army of death.

As the spirit of decay finally showed itself, wood contorting and twisting against itself to reveal those chilling silver eyes, Shrike could feel his own spine tingling like winter ice. The voice that emanated from the tree was something foreign and haunting, and yet he sensed something else. He wanted to call it familiarity, but no, no, it was something else. It was old, and wise, and miserable; surely, that was expected of the very manifestation of death. It was pathetic but great power resonated behind it, the same air of lost authority as a recently dethroned king.

Death was not a new concept to Shrike. The life of a Clan cat was built on the willingness to die for something greater, was it not? He had to witness the passing of his leaders, his fellow warriors, hell, even that of his own family. And though he always had faith that he would see them again in StarClan - or at least that his medicine cat of a brother would - that did not change how heart-wrenching the experience was to witness. Deathberries, fires, monsters, starvation, flooding, predators... even other Clan cats could take the life of someone close to him. Shrike was taught not to fear it, instead being taught to simply welcome it as the closing of a chapter and the start of a new one. But when the moment comes, who on Earth would be able to stand his ground against the loss of his own life?

And yet now, here Death was, right in front of him - a voice in the air, a face in a tree. Gears turned in Shrike's head as he processed the words of the spirit before him. He wondered if he was being gullible; would he really end up dying for the sake of death itself? He thought about Clan leaders and their nine lives - was it a gift from the goddess of life, a form of imperfect immortality granted to them for their tenacity? Would this god of decay consider that a transgression, and if so, where does that leave Shrike?

But then why did it matter so much when he was no longer a Clan cat? Even if he remained loyal to StarClan, even if he spent his waking moments keeping them in his thoughts, would he let his past dictate him still? He was now part of the Augures, the group that had so kindly welcomed him and his mate despite Shrike's initial fear amd hostility. There was no warrior code, no Gatherings, and to most of the other cats, no StarClan.

Shrike was left to think for longer than he would have liked. After all, he ended up in a place where their de facto leader had cheated death as well. Soseki never liked to question his own resurgence, his "rising from the ashes", as the tree of decay probably would have called it. Truth be told, Shrike had spent a lot of time thinking about his leader, ever since he heard the goddess of life speak of her role in this world. He felt like it was not within his rights to question her about Soseki, much less now that he was being told another side of the story. Either way, he needed a bit of time to really chew on his predicament. He sighed, glancing at his own paws, wondering.

If he knew that his mate would die tomorrow, would he still fight on death's side? If he knew that his kits would die while Shrike still walked the Earth, would he allow himself that sort of grief to envelop him? If his own leaders had had their own forms of immortality, however fragile, why shouldn't he demand the same thing? Why wouldn't he stand by the goddess' side?

And yet some nagging voice deep down still told him that the god of decay had a point. There was a balance that could not be disrupted. Perhaps the leaders he had were the exception rather than the rule. They had a role to fulfill, a duty that few other cats could even dream of carrying out. Even Soseki was as wise and knowledgable as a Clan leader, even if he eas so different, Shrike thought. On the othet hand, he could not imagine himself being stretched thin across moons, seasons, or even centuries without the ability to join the ranks of StarClan in his own time. Would he accept the possibility of losing his loved ones in return for maintaining order?

Yes, he concluded, finally exhaling. He didn't even realize he had been holding his breath for so long. The weight of this decision was unlike anything he'd known before. Sure, he'd broken the warrior code and got too close to a cat he never should have befriended, let alone loved; and sure, he'd run away with him and abandoned the Clans in search for a new home; and sure, he had to adust his beliefs after realizing how much life in the Clans had skewed his perceptions on the most basic things, but still - having to decide whether or not he would fight for death itself was something he never wanted to experience again.

He repeated his prayers to StarClan, though this time, he didn't wait for a response. He was able to steel himself through this. He knew where his principles lay, and this time, it would take a hell lot more than a cat like Soseki to change his mind.

1001/ 1000
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:58 am

Username: Meekins12345
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Erastus, Ciqala, and Axel
Link to their pride or group: The Cloud Coalition - A sub-pride of The Pride of Wikimak
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt: June 6th

What was supposed to be enlightening wasn't really enlightening at all... At least Erastus wasn't all too sure, still. Nevertheless, he'd just trust the tree and get back to some of his other duties... Or so he thought until he was directed to the gardens. He could only comply to her wishes, but he couldn't tell her outright he didn't know a lick about gardening. He had never gardened before! And he certainly didn't know any other cats or lions that did, either... But alas, he was told to get a job done and he'd get a job done.

As he came up to the general and listened to his words. As odd as they sounded, and as strange as it was, Erastus just nodded to the male before wandering over to the gardens and looking them over... Only to groan shortly after. How the heck was he supposed to work the soil with paws and claws like these? He could see the smaller felines... cats? Was that what they were called? Anyway, they had these tiny little paws, he had seen them, that seemed much more suited for gardening than these big ol' pads. He shook his head a moment before just studying the plants... only to catch a glimpse of a red mane... and red spots. Wait... He looked to his side only to notice.

"Axel?!" Erastus exclaimed with a jump. "What are you doing out of bed?"

The fanged male only grinned upon his companion, he soon shrugging his shoulder only to wince shortly after.

"A champion's work is never done. I got up and was trying to find something to take up my time when I saw everyone heading this way. I thought I'd come to and, lo' and behold, I found you... So what are we doing?"

An exasperated sigh came from Erastus then as he shook his head. "I don't even know... We're supposed to garden and stuff but... Have you ever done any gardening before, Axel?"

"I can't say that I have... Sounds boring."

"It looks boring."

The two only giggled at that, soon just looking to the small saplings within the dirt... only to look at each other with a small frown.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, do you?" Erastus begged.

"Not a clue."

"...I'll go find someone to help us out."

"Good, I'll wait here."

"What, and watch the saplings grow? You can come with me."

A sigh was given, but nevertheless an amused smirk was upon the larger male's face.

"Alright, fine. Yeesh, having the injured party do so much work." He'd retort with immense sarcasm, causing Erastus to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, just follow me."

----

Ciqala only listened to the strange, decaying trees words with a frown. It did make sense, yes, that with life came death, and with death came new life, in a way. So this tree... wanted ever-lasting life? While Ciqala knew there was life after death, she didn't understand why life would have to remain the way it is on earth forever. For everything passed away...

Another thing she wasn't too certain about was the fact that the tree never told them any of this. The tree that had summoned them just brought them here and told them she needed their help... Without so much as an explanation as to why they were here. Of course, that raised suspicion on Ciqala's part. If they were to fight an enemy, shouldn't they know the reason as to why they are fighting in the first place?

But then another line of reasoning seemed to pop up in the lionesses head. Would the enemy really tell of the truth? It would only seem natural for the enemy to twist the truth, just a little bit, when it came to convincing others that one side was wrong or right. Half truths were appealing, and always caught other people's eyes and ears, but most times that was all they really were, half truths. She frowned at that thought and just pondered on such things, soon sighing and watching as the army of decaying creatures only stomped and growled in new vigor as their leader caused them to grow more encouraged by their worlds.

She wasn't sure what to do, in all honesty. On one side, she wanted to fight for the good side, but then came the real question. If this creature was telling the truth, then who really was on the good side? Who was the good side and who was the bad? For death was often depicted as bad, but it wasn't always bad per se. But she also didn't want to find herself fighting against her own coalition. While, yes, she often fought against them verbally, she wasn't sure how she'd feel if she fought against them physically...

"I... I think I need some time to think on such things." She'd murmur. And that was all she would speak of, soon just rising to her paws and settling down off to the side to think. She'd remain like that for a time... just thinking, and calculating, just what would be the right course of action for herself.

----

"Entry number four in the Adventures of the Strange Portal. We had to garden today... Which was weird, really. What sort of creatures such as ourselves garden? But nevertheless, me and Axel managed to do the work, although the work wasn't all that pleasing or fun. I don't think I ever want to garden ever again, and neither does Axel. He was practically complaining the whole time."

"Was not!"

"Yeah you were! All I could hear was you grumbling to yourself."

"I was talking to the plants!"

"Yeah right... Anyway, thankfully, as far as I'm aware, we don't have to do anymore of that stuff anytime soon. Or, at least I hope we don't."

"I still worry about Ciqala. I think we both do. I just hope she comes back home soon, and she's not... you know. Dead or anything."

"I hope she's okay." (1,007 wc)
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:31 am

After an "enlightening" discussion your cats find themselves given a new task, one asked of them by a majestic older lion with greying beard who called himself the "general" of this place. A simple task- but one he insisted important for your cats to do, to understand, as he so called it. A task to tend to one of the gardens in the city. Of which there were many- but he was very adamant the small sproutlings within them be cared for.

"For life is precious, and should be nurtured. Even if the tree falls, these sprouts may yet stand through the battle we could lose someday, and perhaps one day become the great tree themselves." he says. "And such, we must give them the care they need."

How do your cats respond to something as simple as gardening? can they do so gently, or do they rush to complete their task? How much do they remember? Lions, cats, are certainly not farmers- do they need help to accomplish this, or do they already understand the basics of how a plant may grow? Do they understand the lesson the general seeks to teach them, or view it as unnecessary? Does this offer them some peace in the times to come?

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Suha
Link to their pride or group: Pekee Pamoja
Prompt level completion: 5 (1,105 Words)
Prompt:

SPACEAt the mention of being the goddess of destruction, the tree goddess blinked. The only real response since Suha had begun speaking to her. Was it a simple reaction or was it more than just a blink? It didn't matter much. Time went on and still there was no conversation. Suha excused herself with more thoughts running around in her head and made her way back down to the city. When she reached the tunnel, she was approached by an elderly lion. His mane was graying, but that didn't retract from his natural ethereal look that was shared with everything else here.
SPACE"Excuse me, young champion. I have task for you."
SPACEBeing called young brought a genuine smile to her face. She may be older than this lion, but she didn't exactly age the same...if at all. "Alright. What is this task?"
SPACE"There is a garden in the city. Well actually there are a few but the one I have in mind is one of the newer gardens. Sproutlings. It is imperative they are cared for."
SPACEShe raised a brow. "Your task is for me to tend to a garden? Do you not have gardeners or caretakers for such a task?"
SPACE"Of course we do, child." The elder lion chuckled deeply. "Life is precious and should be nurtured. Even if the tree falls, these sprouts may yet stand through the battle we could lose someday, and perhaps one day become the great tree themselves. For that, we must care for them."
SPACE"And that means you need my help?"
SPACE"Any and all help is appreciated. Besides, it's more important now than ever that these sprouts survive. Life must continue to grow." With that, he turned and left her in the tunnel.
SPACEThe goddess grimaced. Tending to some sprouts was the last thing she wanted to do. Thinking about it, she knew she wouldn't be as useful as the old lion thought. Sure, it was important for things to grow. But things also had to die. That may not be the case for the sprouts. They would either thrive and grow into the trees they were meant to be, or they wouldn't. Not enough water. Too much water. Not enough light. Too much light. The soil wasn't fertile. Perhaps pests destroyed it. A lot of things could go wrong. That was life. It was never a guarantee. If it were, she wouldn't exist. There wouldn't be a need for plague or disease. It was a tough reality. How could one know there was life without death? Joy without sadness? To truly understand the positive concepts, there had to be understanding of the negative concepts.
SPACEShe had found herself standing before the gardens under the tree. Huge plots of land with varying stages of growth sprouting from the tilled earth. There were already dozens of cats and lions helping with the care of the plants. A cat, who she assumed was a gardener, approached her with a smile. "Ah, The General has sent more help. Good. Good. We can't get enough help here in the gardens. Every paw is useful."
SPACESuha started to shake her head. "I don't think-"
SPACE"Oh, it's quite simple, I assure you. Don't you worry about a thing. I'll be there the whole time to offer any advice or tips on what to do. Just follow ol' Sethunya here."
SPACESeeing she wasn't going to get anywhere with this Sethunya character, she sighed heavily before following along. Perhaps it would be amusing for the gardener to see first hand why Suha wasn't an ethical choice for this particular task. She was led to a spot with few other felines. A few other gardeners and caretakers were nearby tending to the sprouts but lions like her from a different plane seemed to be spread out across the gardens. Sethunya got right to it. There were already tools and supplies near by for them to use. Watering can, a sack with what appeared to be fertilizer, an empty sack for weeds and rocks, and assorted tools.
SPACE"Let's get right into it, shall we? First let's start with removing any undesirables. Grab that sack there and we can work on collecting the weeds and rocks." Suha grabbed the sack and laid it out. Removing the stones wasn't a problem. That was the easy part. The weeds were a different story. When Suha touched a weed, it grew slightly larger. Sethunya looked quizzically at the plant. "Huh. That's strange. Never mind that. I'll take care of the weeds. Why don't you get the sack of fertilizer? We can do that next."
SPACE"Perhaps it'd be better if someone else did this. I'm not exactly the-"
SPACE"Nonsense. You're doing fine. Go on, grab that fertilizer." Suha shook her head but complied. Grabbing the sack with the fertilizer, she dragged it over to the next sprout which had already been weeded. She started to lay the fertilizer out around the base of the plant but her paw got too close. Brushing up against the sprouts leaf, it began to shrivel and wilt. Sethunya gasped and promptly came over to investigate what happened. "I don't understand- it was fine a moment ago?"
SPACE"I've been trying to tell you. I only destroy things."
SPACE"Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. Stuff happens. Perhaps I was just remembering a different sprout. It's sad to see one lost but the others shall thrive."
SPACESuha sighed again. She was going to have to spell it out for this poor cat that she was literally destruction. "You don't understand. I'm-"
SPACE"Would you mind fetching the water pail? That should be the last of it in this section." Suha grimaced but again complied. Fetching the pail, she brought it over. "Thank you. Could you tend to those three sprouts over there? I'll water these and then we can move on to the next patch."
SPACEWith a flick of her tail, she moved over to the sprouts Sethunya had pointed out. Just as before, when she touched the sprout it began to wilt. She was just about to tend to the third one with a shake of her head when she heard another loud gasp.
SPACE"STOP! Stop! Step away from the sprouts." Sethunya rushed over, mumbling to herself about the plants. "I don't understand. What could possibly be happening?"
SPACE"I told you. I destroy things. I am iilhat aldamar. Goddess of destruction?" Suha watched as the gardeners face paled, the understanding kicking in. Her mouth gaped a couple times before her face turned red and her cheeks puffed out. Suha held up a paw. "Don't worry. I'll see myself out."
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:36 am

Username: snapshot
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mamba
Link to their pride or group: Lions of the Waves
Prompt level completion: 3
Prompt: June 6
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 am

Username: Wet Bread
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Worm, Aluraune
Link to their pride or group: Rusted Daemons
Prompt level completion: level 5
Prompt:
Story A
Honestly, Aluraune could barely be bothered with the general's request. If it wasn't for the fact that she was playing nice and trying to seem less suspicious, she would have ignored them completely. Well, it wasn't like she was necessarily given a hard job. She just had to take care of some sprouts.

Aluraune didn't have any real experience in gardening but she did have a natural affinity for plants, likely because of her magic. She could make vines emerge from her body. She often used them to help unbalance and immobilize opponents, however, they came with one more incredible ability; they sapped the magic from her enemies. They were very powerful and Aluraune used them skillfully so it made her a huge threat to others in battle. Naturally, Aluraune liked plants and it seemed like they liked her as well. She could never bother to tend to them before, but how hard could it be?

Turned out, it was a little more difficult than she originally thought. First, she didn't give them enough water and the sprouts wilted, then, she gave them too much water and they just wilted even more. They were fine one day, and the next day there was too much light for them. It all was starting to frustrate Aluraune, and she did NOT like to be frustrated. She especially didn't like showing others she was frustrated, that was for sure. Instead of killing the sprouts and making herself look bad or showing anyone just how frustrated she was, Aluraune decided to the mature thing and ask for help.

"Excuse me!" Aluraune asked as she approached the small, timid guardian she always saw in the gardens, tending to the plants. The cat looked up at her with apprehension. As if Aluraune was bothering her. "I'm sorry, but I could really use some advice. I'm afraid I'm not doing the plants any good!" She explained as she tried to be good natured as possible. The guardian nodded and following Aluraune to her own patch.

"Oh my! What did you do to them?" The guardian fretted as she rushed over to the wilted sprouts.

"Haha, sorry, I've never been too good at raising anything up." Aluraune apologized. "How do we save them?"

"Well, first these all need to be replanted." The guardian explained. "You over watered the soil and switched around the low light and high light plants to the wrong places. I hope you're prepared to get your paws dirty because we have a lot of work to do."

With a sigh, Aluraune got to work with the guardian, replanting all the sprouts and making sure their soil had just the right moisture. Aluraune had to admit she felt a tad bit accomplished at the end of the day when she saw the sprouts replanted and neatly aligned. The next morning, Aluraune was thrilled to see the little plants had flourished overnight and were doing quite nicely. She went to thank the guardian for her help and followed her strict instructions on caring for the plants.

Aluraune started sniffing around the sprouts and gardens after that. She wanted to know just what made these sprouts so special. Was there some kind of magic in the plants? Was it something she'd be able to seize power of? She couldn't quite find her answer yet, but she would, she was sure of it.

[565 words]

Story B
The voice's words brought Worm back to her days at Rusted Daemons, particularly her kithood, when she learned about life and death. Out of her two mothers, Bael was the Archfiend, leader of the group, and therefore, was never really around to raise her. Instead, her mother, Rowan, took the mantle of of raising Worm and teaching her about the world. Worm learned early on that her mother was a sickly cat and couldn't often go outside and play with Worm. Instead, Worm was content to lie with Rowan and listen to her stories and lessons about life.

Rowan must have known she wouldn't live long into Worm's life because she never shied away from speaking of death and how vital it was to life itself.

"you know, Little Worm," Rowan said one day, huddling her daughter close. "Your very namesake depends on death to live. The worms feast on what decays and help the soil bring life all over again." Worm remembered being lost in wonder at Rowan's words. "Don't worry though," Rowan comforted. "Death isn't the end, then you get to live a whole new life with new experiences!"

"What about the ancestors?" Worm questioned, confused. "Aren't they dead?"

"Some cats choose not to come back for another life." Rowan explained, patiently. Worm huddled closer to her mother as she contemplated her more than confusing words. Why would a cat choose not to come back? It made Worm see death in a different light. It seemed so much less scary after her mother's explanation. Knowing that her and her loved ones would all come back gave her a sense of security. And then Rowan passed. Worm was rightfully devastated, she'd lost a mother after all. And after all the suffering Rowan had endured because of Bael, would she choose to come back and live another life? Even if she did, how would Worm ever realize it was her?

There was so much injustice in it all, but the biggest injustice of all, was that Bael got to keep living. Worm's second mother, Bael was actually very old, however she'd stay looking young indefinitely because of her magic, and it would prolong her life as well. Worm couldn't stand that Bael got to live as long as she wanted and cheat death while making others suffer, especially when one of those cats she made suffer was Rowan.

Standing here now, listening to the voice, Worm knew she should be apprehensive, that she shouldn't easily go along with what it said, but with each word she felt more and more swayed. If her past was any kind of example, and she thought it was, there had to be a balance. Everlasting life wasn't right, or just, or fair. It was selfish and boring. What right did the goddess have to mess up any balance like that and rip away the chance of being reborn.

"I'll stand on the side of balance." Worm declared more certain than ever. She knew that Rowan would encourage balance, even if the army of decay made rather shady allies. She was doing what was right for the realm.

[523 words]

[1088 words total]
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mios
Link to their pride or group: Oasis Basin
Prompt:
    Mios sat among those who stayed to listen and amongst those who now found themselves placed into a position to choose what they would fight for. When the decaying god spoke of the goal the goddess had chose many had mixed reactions. Some found no problem with this choice others horrified at the thought of never passing on. Mios was amongst those with mixed feelings. When he was young he and his siblings were forced to flee from their former pride. The icy lands no place for lions so young Mios and Yami lost their brother to this path. Although he doesn't remember much from his time before Oasis Basin everyone could see the toll it had left on his sister. Hunting in an almost frantic manner if anyone complained of hunger in the colder seasons. One death had delt a blow to her psyche that he was sure would never change. On the other hand. Without the sacrifice his brother gave they may too have perished. The gods of Oasis Basin forever not knowing of their plight till much too late. Taking a glace at his companion Mios was surprised to see both anger and fear mixing within her features. Nudging her gently out of worry the she-cat finally seemed to snap out of her trance. "Apologies young one. It's just the thought of being forced to live without dying is taken as a threat to me is all. I lost my entire clan before coming here... I wouldn't be lying if I said I had joined this battle with the hope of surviving." A weary look crossing her features, "Your decision is yours but I will fight for this death god. If not for the sole purpose of the right to join my clan in the stars."

With that decision Mios watched as her amongst many others turned to stand in front of the god. Forming an army of his own. Voices raising out as they joined giving reason and explanation for their decision to those who still sat shocked at the action. Groups who arrived together finding themselves tearing apart or joining together amongst the ranks of the death gods beasts. Sending a silent prayer and thank you to the river goddess Mios stood on shakey legs. Slowly making his way closer to the tree, becoming more sure with each step until he found himself standing next to a muddy tree beast. Taking a seat he too spoke out. "Without death we wouldn't be able to hunt the prey of our lands. Without out death my sister or I would have never found our pride. Without death those whos gods and afterlife are waiting would never welcome them home. I will help fight against the will of immortality but I will not help destroy life. If it must come to that I will step down." Watching as his words sunk in to those close enough to hear Mios found himself sure for the first time in this battle between life and death.
    [505]
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:44 am

Username: ToxicShadow
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kandra and Pandra
Link to their pride or group: Oddity Pride
Prompt level completion: 2
Prompt:

Story B
The voice, contented with the heroes who have stayed there shows itself, gleaming silver eyes peering from the gouges of the tree as it studies its new visitors. It's entourage of death stare unblinking at the life before them. "So..you stay." it says. "Good...good you choose to listen. The goddess... She believes in eternal life, and believes that death has no place among the world." it croons, a desperation in its voice and age beyond its words "And she is wrong...for all of life is a circle, and for new life to grow, she must be shown so..." it says. "We need your help... she would call life to fight rebirth, but it is decay who cannot defend itself.... We do not like our burden, but it is so irrevocably necessary- as the great phoenix, life will rise from the ashes even more strong and vibrant than ever" it attempts to explain. Though, despite its words, it's very easy to sense that the tree is not exactly as adept at addressing any sort of community. "She would see us wiped from this plane, and from existence....She would destroy the ways of life..." it says, desperately. The speech it gives does succeed in riling up the creaking wooden soldiers around it, that stomp their feet and let out snarls of anger. "You cannot imagine the consequence of this.."

Will you stand with eternal life, or will you stand with balance, heroes? What is more important to you, what would you stand to lose, or to gain, can you really fight against your friends? Could you bear the consequences if this being is lying to you?

The twins exchange glances when the silvery eyes of this new tree emerge, nod at one another, and both sit down. Of course, this went all while still keeping a careful tabs on the entire army that they were facing. They had not yet moved; they were not behaving in a hostile way. They weren't even... moving. Which was just as well.

"Yes, we choose to listen," Pandra confirmed.

The twin sisters then remained quiet at they listened to the tale told by the one that had called them all the way out here. It was... complicated, to say the least. Pandra and Kandra both, they were born mortal, although they were... strange, from the very beginning. Now, however, they enjoyed a somewhat limited immortality. While they could still be killed off, by one powerful enough, they could not die from old age or generic sickness. So, perhaps, they were not the best to consider, when it came to fighting against eternal life.

There was more to it than just that, though. Even though the two sisters were immortal, they understood that there were many mortals in the world. Death was still necessary, which was also why they could still lose their lives. It was just that they needed to exist, in order to fend off the demons that terrorized the mortals of the worlds. Life was intended to go at its own course. Not be interrupted by demons or immortality. And, it was true, without death, it was more difficult for new life not to flourish.

Still, they didn't know the goddess' story, either. So they weren't sure about yet making a call. They needed more answers. But would they receive them? It was doubtful. Besides, they didn't really come here to fight a war. Why would outsiders be the deciding factor in a world that was not their own?

But... balance was important, wasn't it?

[317]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:42 am

Username: Spotted.Newt
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Tulca-Noen and Acacia
Link to their pride or group: The Cosmos
Prompt: Prompt 6

Edited to correct level
Last edited by Spotted.Newt on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Love like I'm not scared,
Give when it's not fair,
Live life for another,
Take time for a brother,
Fight for the weak ones,
Speak out for freedom,
Find faith in the battle,
Stand tall but above it all,
Fix my eyes on You.
~For King & Country