✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby LiLi041 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:46 am

↬ catvent day: four

↬ username & id: LiLi041 925966
    ↬ clan archive: eNUF

↬ word count: 546 words
    ↬ prompt: Santa sipped her catmint tea calmly as she sat next to the fire. "Oh, it wasn't anything much," she meowed slyly, licking her paw and dragging it down her face intermittently. She was clearly feeling proud of herself tonight. "I'm just a great lover of games, and when any-cat is such a large fan of games, they will naturally be inclined to come up with such clever set-ups as myself."

Several sets of shiny eyes landed on her as she basked under the glory of so much admiration being heaped upon her fluffy self.

"Well, I guess I can tell you all about the true splendor of my games," she said when the time was right, continuing her monologue of self-praise. "I have no equal, but I did have underlings. Pinocchio, and the like. A lot of them were rotten and corrupt, and naturally, a clever being such as myself would have safeguards against dishonesty and pure viciousness, just waiting for those rotten tomatoes to step into them and trap themselves.

"One game I am immensely proud of was my Christmas Honest Card Game. I was so busy delivering my gifts to everyone in the world, that I had no choice but to let Pinocchio, that liar, run it. He renamed my game into Pinocchio's Honest Card Game, did you know that?" Santa sneered dismissively, and a titter ran through her rapt audience, showing their disapproval of Pinocchio.

"A real villain, that one," she sighed. "He made the players scheme and fight against each other, pitting the teams against each other in what should've been a sweet game where honest children worked together to win. The king, minister, knight, and slave, all four cards from each team should be played in order and no one would fight. They would meet each other with trust and a willingness to forge alliances together, and become friends. But instead, Pinocchio claimed that only one team could win, and even claimed that he would give my King's Gold Coins out as prizes! Such nonsense." One of the cats in the audience gasped. Everyone knew how much Santa prized regular golden coins, not to mention the special ones from the King! Even now, Santa was hoarding gold coins like a dragon in her home.

"I had a rule in place, so that Pinocchio could be... removed from his post, should he peek and know what cards the players were going to play," Santa continued. "With my foresight, I just knew Pinocchio's faults were his lies and his curiosity, to know all the things he shouldn't. Curiosity killed the cat, after all, though Pinocchio was certainly no cat." She examined her claws, spreading them out to reflect the glow of the fire. "And look he did. He just couldn't resist, thinking that maybe the players had found a way to outsmart him after all. And so, he could get kicked out, and I stepped in to wrap up the game with the holiday cheer Christmas should come with."

Applause rang out for Santa's story, as she smugly finished off her tea and bowed. Then, she reached over, hooking a claw into a plump, white marshmallow, and without toasting it, popped it into her mouth.

"Now, who wants to hear about another game?"

Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:54 am

↬ username & id:Thani#509675
    ↬ clan archive:Pebbleclan

↬ word count: 000 words; n/a, if art
    ↬ prompt:
    Many stories have been passed down through the generations of hunters in these parts, but one of the most common and mysterious tale told is about the giant moss covered brown bear that supposedly resides in the woods near the base of the mountains.
    It is no common brown bear, it is said that its 3x the size of a normal brown bear with piercing yellow eyes and moss covered down the back of it and along the front of its snout.

"I don't believe in things like that! and even if It were real, I would strike it down!" - Depudy Crowcrawl

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
└───────┘
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░

──── 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑
text text text text text text text text text text text

░░░░░░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░░░░░░
𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 ──
link link link link link link link
link link link link link link link
credit for pix. / credit for font
credit for code / credit for art

─── statuses ───
xdiscord: pudgator.
xdms: open/closed
xplaying:xxxxGW2
xtoyhouse:xxPudgator
xlink here:xxxword
xcode by:xxxfaelyn

─────────── 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 !

Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:01 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ stars catvent // #4

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:05 am

↬ username & id: sunny-skies // #888283
    ↬ clan archive: valleyclan

↬ word count: 46 words
    ↬ prompt:
    the cats of valleyclan mainly share old tales and legends of the clan, many of which have been around since its founding. newer stories have also been introduced, as some of the clan's newcomers have opted to tell stories of their travels and lives before joining.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ stars catvent 2022

Postby feather ' » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:28 am

↬ username & id: feather ' + 979911
    ↬ clan archive: the still waters !!

↬ word count: 66 words <3
    ↬ prompt:

The cats love to remind their friends about silly stories that've happened in the past moons!!

To the story of a friend pulling a silly prank, to just complete utter randomness! as long it makes someone smile! sometimes they make up things that never happened though, but… mostly just for fun!! not like anyone believes them… shhh…

they love to tease everyone, and anyone they can! <3
feather '

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 am

↬ username & id: GrimmRatt + 1047885
    ↬ clan archive: Rushingclan

↬ word count: 9 words; art
    ↬ prompt:
    the first meeting of the starting memers of Rushingclan
Last edited by GrimmRatt on Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 // ✰⋆.:・⋆
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

link ✧ Emo!!#3003 ✧ link ✧ ©
˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fleurs » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:31 am

↬ username & id: fleurs & 981422
      ↬ clan archive: The Ruins

↬ word count: 121 words
      ↬ prompt:
      Soteria, the story of the first Travelers ⎯ "And after each Traveler passed, their soul was damned to Eternal Eden, forced to walk our land for many moons.
      Sedgeburn, a barn-cat named Missy ⎯ "Each night, on Hollows Eve, you can hear Missy's cries for help."
      Snowsparrow, the Moon of No-Prey ⎯ "There was no prey for afull moon, how is that not scary to you guys?"
      Owlscar, the Haunting of Time ⎯ "Time froze that night, but the lone tom continued to age a moon every hour."
      Forestflame, the story of Rogue ⎯ "With nothing left to live for, he condemned himself to eternity in the river, haunting any cat brave enough to step foot on the riverbank.
fleurs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:33 am

[size=85][list]↬ catvent day: four

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: 66
↬ prompt:
The Company loves to share stories of daring feats and lucky breaks! Some stories are from before the cat in particular joined the party, but many are retellings that everyone in the group had experienced firsthand. Of course, whichever cat tells the tale is likely to highlight their own part in the journey as the most heroic and helpful, but it’s mostly all in good fun.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

catvent day #4

Postby tula! » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:34 am

↬ username & id: tula! #988925
      ↬ clan archive: duneclan

↬ word count: 031 words
      ↬ prompt:

the cats perform a retelling of an old legend, a story about the clan's lifeblood— the falls.
      desert falls is said to be formed from the tears of the gods themselves.
tula!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:38 am

↬ username & id: jay. + 688591
    ↬ clan archive: the aurora borealis

↬ word count: 983 words!
    ↬ prompt: the story that would be told is the one of how the clan came to be.

the cats sat huddled together, shuffling their paws in the snow in order to keep warm. the blazing campfire stood in front of them, dancing as the icy wind brushed against them. raccoonpaw kept shifting in place, her tail wrapped closely around her paws. despite that she couldn't seem to be able to brush off the cold. binturong noticed the apprentice and briefly purred in amusement. "I can offer a story to help pass the time, if you'd like?" the elder suggested, causing raccoonpaw to look up and meet her gaze. she debated for a moment before shaking of her fur, "honestly, anything at this point to distract me from the cold." the apprentice responded and binturong nodded in response. "i'll tell you of the formation of our clan, considering the season is fitting as well."

a small fluffy white cat trekked through the snowstorm, a squirming bundle of fur held firmly in her mouth. they had been travelling for what seemed like days, the constant downpour making it hard to keep track of the passing of time, or even the distance they had travelled. the she-cat didn't care about her final destination, she only cared about one thing: getting away from the place she once called home. a place she thought would accept her no matter what had turned its back on her after discovering she had a relationship with a cat outside of the clan. she lost everything in the span of a night, her home, her own mate, everything. she could only hope that where she ended up was more welcoming than there.

as the hours passed the storm picked up even more, making it harder for her to fight against the breeze. she took occasional breaks to warm up her kit - the last remaining family she had. her tracks had been completely covered by the snow and her pelt, no matter how often she shook off, constantly became coated with it as well. she was determined to get as far away as she could, but even in her blind stubbornness she knew that it would be helpless to travel in these conditions. her legs were becoming weaker and she needed a break, not to mention her kit surely wouldn't survive travelling in this weather too. squinting her eyes she noticed what appeared to be the faint outline of a hollow tree ahead, and she was willing to take her chances. the she-cat pushed forward, head down, and walked towards the opening at the bottom of the tree. roots covered the gap but she pushed through, headbutting through until she landed in the hole. it was surprisingly empty, yet a layer of snow still littered the bottom of it. it would have to do, it was better than being out in the snow storm.

weak, she placed her kit down and collapsed to the ground, huddling the kit close to her as she curled up. deep down she knew this was hopeless, she was as good as dead in these conditions. stifling, she buried her head in her paws and sobbed. that's all she knew to do at that moment. everything had been in vain.

while in distress, a bright yet welcoming light shone through the snowstorm, entering the cracks of the tree the she-cat was hiding in. she slowly raised her head to look up at the light, and locked eyes with a starry figure, standing in the entryway of the tree. despite being a stranger to her it spoke in a familiar tone, calming her down.
      "you don't need to worry anymore, dawnspeckle. you're safe here." it spoke in rhythm. dawnspeckle felt herself involuntarily nodding, that's all she knew to do in that moment. she spirit purred and stepped forward, carefully touching both dawnspeckle and her kit on their heads. she suddenly felt herself regain her strength, the warmth returning to her body. in awe the she-cat looked up at the spirit, confusion in her eyes. "who are you?" she gingerly asked.

"my name is not of importance. you, however, are. we have awaited your arrival for many moons." it spoke in return, only confusing the she-cat more. "you will be the one to unite them all." and with that the spirit faded, only leaving dawnspeckle alone in her thoughts.

shortly after the snowstorm subsided and dawnspeckle continued on her journey, the thought still in the back of her mind.

it was on that very night that dawnspeckle discovered a group of cats and, guided by the words of her spirit, decided to lead them, eventually forming the aurora borealis, named after the colours that shimmered in the spirit's pelt.

raccoonpaw leaned forward with interest. "what about her kit? were they okay?" she eagerly asked. "there's so many other things to know, that can't be the end of the story!" she added on, looking at the elder with interest. the black cat chuckled, shaking her head. "if i told you all the details it would ruin the magic of the story. that starclan cat, if you must really know, granted both dawnspeckle and her kit nine lives, guiding them through the moons." she stated, causing raccoonpaw to retort in disbelief. "one cat can't do that on their own!" she gasped, only to have the elder return a warm smile in her direction.

"starclan always find a way, young one." she purred. the snowfall had calmed at this point, and raccoonpaw was looking around in interest. "how do you know that's what happened?" she questioned, but did not get an answer. the elder looked slightly away. she was a descendant of the starclan cat who had guided dawnspeckle that day. she, of course, was not going to admit that to the apprentice.

after all, what's a good story without some sense of mystery?
✧ jay / juno ✧ they / them ✧ adult ✧
toyhou.secarrd.co
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me