Jason's Big Job | Gooish 2022 | Closed!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Jason's Big Job | Gooish 2022 | Open!

Postby strawberrymwilk » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:34 am

Prompt Day: 9
Goobie(s) Involved: celeste
If art or writing, Partner? -
If Art, NPC? -
Entry: as others make sure jason is okay, celeste decides to check out one of the new baby goos

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:33 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: my luna and vaughn, saeli's snarl, of course jason
If art or writing, Partner? yes - saeli's snarl
If Art, NPC? yes - jason
Entry:
snarl, luna, and vaughn go to help patch jason up! snarl remarked jokingly that duct tape fixes everything... looks like vaughn took that literally and is actually trying to patch jason up with duct tape. whoops.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupiine » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: marilee
If art or writing, Partner? no
If Art, NPC? selia
Entry: marilee could only watch in horror as jason falls over. he has to be ok,,,, right,,? surely he wont,,, surely he cant be,,,,,,,
[image]
Character and Art TradesTHDiscord; Lupine#4405
lupiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:46 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: neptune & jason
If art or writing, Partner?: no
If Art, NPC?: yes, jason!
Entry: Image
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solos » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: [mads]
If art or writing, Partner? art , no
If Art, NPC? no
Entry: mads looking overtop of jason </3

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:59 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: Phone, Veen
If art or writing, Partner?: no
If Art, NPC?; no
Entry:
This isnt how phone thought it would go.
He thought it would be cool not - not this.
He didnt like seeing jason like this.
He didnt know what to do.

Veen didnt know what to do either.
She didnt like it either, but she knew it was going to happen.
Her problem was that she didnt know what to do with the goobies.
There were. So many.

And phone was curled up in a ball, shaking and crying.
She couldnt do anything.
What was she meant to do-? Who was she meant to help?
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:28 pm

It was a scene of chaos that unfolded as the various goobies acted. Many rushed to the fallen pirate's side with offers of tape, healing, and sentimental gookies. Some sent silent well wishes, while others simply shared their feelings through their tears. Davey Jones took all of this in, even as Princess Lyomerty was still giving him an earful. The demigob sighed out loud, before making his way back towards Jason. Several sobbing goobies tried to block his way.

"Haven't you already done enough?!?" hissed Selia, trying to make herself look larger, braver than she felt. Davey Jones regarded her a long moment.

"I'll make this right. I mean it, I went too far. But I'll make this right." He raised a paw, gathering a sphere of water. But not just water from the ocean. He was filling the sphere of ocean water with the tears of those present, and with some of his own goo. To his surprise, many of the partially formed goos offered parts of themselves as well. United in purpose, in hope. He took those offerings with a solemn nod, before kneeling down. He began to channel the sphere into Jason's wounds, replenishing the draining goo before sealing it closed. Waiting a moment before gently nudging Jason with a tentacle.

"Jus' five more minutes..." Jason grumbled, causing the poking tentacle to whap his forehead. "I'M AWAKE!" He says before pausing, staring around him. "I'm awake... how?" He asks. He notes the goobies around him, the gookie at his paws. The tape stuck to him. "How is this...?"

"You have good friends Ambassador," Davey Jones remarked. "...Everyone here gave a part of themselves, their tears, and a bit of the ocean to heal ya." A tentacle then taps his chin. "You're better than ya were, I reckon. The sea, and their... feelin's are infused in ya now. Wouldn't doubt if ya had er own magic now even. Why dontcha try jumpin' in the water a sec...?" Jason blinked, unsure why. But after giving those present a reassuring smile, a nudge, a wink, he did. And as he jumped into the water, he came out with a a few shining scales, a fin, and a tail lined with fins. The scales shined in the sunlight, sparkling like any pirate's gold might. He was juggling a sphere of water between his paws, a smile splitting his expression wide.

"Huh... NEAT! I 'spose I can forgive ya Davey Jones. This time. But ya know what everyone? We have a festival to finish! Let's go out with a bang!" He jumped back onto land, regaining his usual form. "...'Spose we get top have more adventures yet eh?" He asks everyone. "Let's show everyone how we finish a party!"

Jason is alright, and it is thanks to everyone present! He is better than ever even, and wants to send off this party with a bang! So, how do you do that? As a bonus, how did you enjoy the event? Any changes, any thing you want to see more or less of? Thanks for playing and wait for tomorrow's results and the booth stars!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Prompt Day: 10
Goobie(s) Involved: Waktos + Acryl + Alcibiades + Darkwater (with many others mentioned)
If art or writing, Partner?; No
Entry:

Waktos exhaled softly, clearly exhausted, but with a smile on his face. He turned towards Acryl, who also wore a smile on their face, watching as the minor gob giggled lightly. "Maybe you should take a break next time, Waktos. You look like you've aged a few thousand more years." Waktos blinked, moving his paws to go over his face, noticing that his beard was in fact a lot longer than it usually was, not to mention the rest of his fur, messy and long. Suppose stress does that to you. Either way, he gave a small laugh in return, the same paw going to rub lightly at his arm. "Eh, yeah. I suppose I could use a break from the excitement every so often. I didn't know so much could happen to mortals in just one year. I mean, it barely feels like a second ago mother attempted to ungoo everyone in existence." Despite how serious the situation had been, Acryl laughed out. "Haha! Yeah, the mortals really never do catch a break, do they? But I guess that's how they're so creative! I can only imagine the art and poetry that'll be made out of this whole exchange!"

The two looked over, seeing the sky seem to clear, and the beach around them seemingly turn to normal. Sandcastles were being built up still, some completed, goobies returned to their fishing and scuba diving, the sound of waves cascaded through the air. If he listened really carefully, Waktos was sure that he'd hear more, probably some form of laughter and or sounds of playful despair coming from Morr'geth's booth. And of course, all the goos that had been released onto the beach, running around and greeting others. Oh- wait- now that Waktos looked, one was running...directly at him-

Before he could react, a ball of fluff in the shape of goobie crashed into him, knocking him over. Another set of paws followed in the sand, the stern voice of Alcibiades chiming in while Acryl laughed. "Alright, alright. Calm down Darkwater, else you're gonna end up ungooing the old man." When Waktos refocused, he saw a big, sharp grin on the face of a young adult goobie looking down at him. "It's really you! The gob of the calendar! To think, the gob of the calendar hugged my bubble!" The young goobie spoke, that big smile on their face seeming to only widen. Waktos didn't need to hear any more in order to recognize the now fully formed goob. "Haha, yes I suppose so. Darkwater, was it? How does it feel to have a physical body again then?" Darkwater moved so that Waktos could lift himself up again, his paws tapping on the sand as he responded. "It's amazing! I've been in that bubble for so long, I thought I'd never get to see land again! I looked in the water and my reflection did took a lot more...sharp, and fishy, and also desaturated- but I don't care! I feel fantastic!" Waktos couldn't help but find himself laughing at the other's enthusiasm.

Alcibiades looked over as well, and though he wouldn't admit it, Waktos could see the ever-so-slight smile appear on his face. "Well, you did say something about taking care of him if he ever re-gooed, so suppose you're a father now, Waktos." The joke was in his standard tone, but Waktos could tell there was a bit of humor behind it. "Oh come on now, I'm a Major Gob- I can't be a father, I've got a job! But...I can still take care of you, Darkwater. Just...I suppose more like a guide than a father persay." Darkwater looked up at Waktos, and tilted his head a bit. "Can I still call you dad?" He didn't know why in that moment, but Waktos felt himself tear up again, moving to hide his face from the younger goobie. Acryl laughed at the sight, leaning over to Darkwater with a cheerful grin. "I think that's a yes. And since Waktos is my sibling, that means that you can call me Uncle Acryl!" The tone was joyous, as would be expected from Acryl, especially as the minor gob lifted the mergoo into his arms and gave him a large hug. Darkwater made a noise similar to a squeaky toy when he was hugged, but he still laughed in joy as he hugged Acryl back, happy to have goobies in his life that could hug him and show him joy like this again.

After Waktos finished crying, the group of them decided to get a head start on their end-of-event plans. They went over to Jason, knowing that he'd have plenty of attention on him, congratulating him on his new abilities, wishing him well, and promising to see him the next event, or perhaps sooner. After all, when you're a gob like Acryl and Waktos, you can end up having a habit of checking in on your favorite mortals. Darkwater also showed his appreciation, excitedly saying how cool Jason was and how he can't wait to talk to him all about the ocean the next time he saw him.

The group dropped Alcibiades off with some of the other goobies who were asking questions to Davey Jones, now that he was forgiven. The Four Liars were of course the most enthusiastic, having never doubted that Davey would end up being welcome- especially since they seemed like they were the head(s) of the Davey Jones fanclub. Emersyn was still there, asking questions and listening in, despite her behavior before she still wanted to know more about the mythical Davey Jones. Narciso ended up following with the group as they moved along, introducing themself to Darkwater and inviting the gobs to the surfing section of the beach, as they were returning there to finish their final day of lifeguard duty. Of course the group agreed, though they allowed time to watch the other booths and show Darkwater around the event that they had missed most of in order for the mergoo to feel included.

They visited the resort lobby, where Tres was scribbling away on a piece of paper, clearly trying to get the image of another goobie down onto paper. Acryl made sure to say hi to Mads, and walked around to encourage the creativity of those around the lobby. When they got to Tres, the enthusiastic goobie pulled out a bunch of letters and poems that he had gotten from Daith, showing the journey that Benji's crew went on from his own poetic point of view. Darkwater mourned the fact that he wasn't able to see the Sea Guardian too, but maybe another time! The mergoo did take a bit of paper and doodle up a quick drawing of someone else in the lobby before leaving, not even bothering to sign it before rushing off to the next location.

The surfing location was easy to find, as a goobie foam-climbed directly into the waves, splashing into the water and looking a bit dizzy as they got up. Darkwater was tempted to try surfing as well, but as a mergoo he perhaps would have had a bit of an advantage. Narciso found their place at the lifeguard building again, waving the others goodbye as they scanned the beach for the other activities. They passed by the sandcastles properly this time, looking at the goobies working on their sand castles with all sorts of goodies from shells to surfboards. Darkwater ran around to look at them all, but made sure not to knock anything over- especially when a very serious looking oarfish mergoo stared him down from across the beach. Eventually they all shuffled inside a building, finding it to be the scuba shack, watching as other goobies dove into the waters and pulled up all sorts of things, from driftwood to marlins! Once again, Darkwater had to convince himself that him being a mergoo would be an unfair advantage, instead looking over to the pier nearby, where many goobies were casually fishing.

Waktos recognized a grumbling Perseus, who was waiting for a bite on his line and seemingly having run out of books to read while he waited. Darkwater also happened to take notice, running back into the scuba shack and then running out with a small collection of pamphlets about assorted aquatic animals. Perseus appreciated the help, though he quickly went to reading as soon as he thanked the mergoo. Another small walk, and Darkwater watched as goobies offered fish and other goodies to a large ominous looking goobie. Waktos watched the other's interest, and laughed a bit nervously, making sure to tell the younger goobie about Morr'geth and the fishy dealss booth before not at all subtlely advising against any extreme gambling.

At the end of the day, they ended up back on Jason's side of the beach. Acryl was running around, celebrating and putting up even more decorations for a fun final day, and Waktos was relaxing on a chair, having ageshifted to a less elderly form as he reclined. Darkwater looked over to the major gob in the chair, walking over and lightly tapping Waktos' shoulder until one of his eyes looked over. "Hm? Is there something the matter Darkwater?" He asked, only to have a beach-themed gookie placed in front of his face. "Uncle Acryl told me to give you a gookie and tell you to not be a social outcast." Waktos paused, but he ended up laughing at just how blunt it sounded coming from the mergoo. "Alright, alright, Point taken. So what's Acryl got planned, huh?" Waktos lifted himself from the chair, taking the gookie with him and taking a bite- not expecting the next words to come from Darkwater. "Well, I don't know what they are, but he said something about...fire-works?" The older goobie seemed to choke for a moment, even if he physically wasn't able to. He remembered the last time Acryl got a hold of explosives..."Yeah, let's...let's go help your uncle, Darkwater."

And so they walked over to help Acryl with his firework plans, making sure it'd be safe and well-prepared once the sun went down from the sky. Waktos had seen fireworks used for a lot of things, had a lot of meaning- joy, celebrations of all sorts, and sometimes just pure fun. In a way all of those applied today- and Jason had requested for the event to end with a bang- and this certainly counted. Despite everything that happened, Waktos would call this event a successful one, and for Darkwater's sake, he hoped that the next one would be just as exciting... actually, maybe a little less excitement would be ideal.

---------------------

I really enjoyed the event! It definitely was a huge event with a lot to keep track of, but I honestly really liked that! As a summer event there really never felt like there was a dull moment! I really liked the plot progression of both this booth and Sea Shanties- and I really liked how there was a decent mix between prompt-based booths and rng booths! Really I'm kind of repeating myself but I loved how much there was to do and I'm excited for Goo-O-Ween in October!!
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: Vanir
If art or writing, Partner? No
If Art, NPC? No
Entry:

Vanir sits stunned next to where Jason -- well, HAD been bleeding out. Then Davey Jones had stepped forward against the protest of many, and magic-d away every liquid in sight, from pieces of others goo to his own goo, some... sea water? and Vanir's own tears!
What a strange feeling it was, to have your tears practically stolen from your eyes before they were even given a chance to fall down your face.... not that Vanir minded! It was for Jason's sake, after all. After Jason had recovered, leapt in the water and discovered his new ability, then promptly declared the festival be ended with a BANG, Vanir hopped up off the sand and ran off to go collect everything necessary for a huge party. Streamers, a ridiculous amount of unnecessary glitter, huge platters of food and drink, and glowsticks!

//

I really enjoyed the event ! I was pretty busy but I made sure to enter every day!
It was pretty convenient for me since it ended at 2pm everyday, so I at least had time to get writing done in the daytime... otherwise I'd have never managed haha !!
Tysm for being one of the hosts, your storyline was so fun to follow along with!
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepperikorn » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:50 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Fay
If art or writing, Partner? na
If Art, NPC? na
Entry:
Fay almost cried a little when she saw Jason got back up and gain new powers. She was really glad everything was good and everyone was safe. Fay hugged the nearby goos and goobies and for the first time in a long while, let her emotions out. Maybe it was the traumatic experiences she faced or the sudden relief from them, or maybe it was bit of both. Others gathered around to comfort her and some have started to weep along as well. They pat her head and gave her kind words as well as gratitude for helping them out. Fay sniffled as she started to regain control of her emotions and made a meek smile. "Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it." She wiped the last tears on her face and shouted "Well, it not a party if we are all crying! Let's turn that frown into a smile and have fun!" They all agreed. Everyone, including Fay, went out to enjoy their time like it was at day one. It was like the whole incident didn't happen at all. Except, now there were more goobies including Davey Jones enjoying the party. Cheers and laughter filled Fay's heart with happiness and love and Fay knew this particular event will reshape her life forever.
-----
Thank you for this amazing booth! I loved the story and the prompts. It was really fun. I tried to do my best everyday but timewise it was a little limited I guess. Not saying it needs to be adjusted or anything since the prompt has no minimum limit which I was really happy with. It was a busy working week for me, that's all. Thank you again!
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist