2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

Postby EchoIre » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am

Username: EchoIre
Pride/group link: Motoheri Pride
Day 8 Prompt:
Ekolu watched the Stone Scribe’s desperate fumbling with wide eyes. To call her ‘stony’ would likely be an insult, but she didn’t strike the hero as one easily shaken all the same. They glanced at the Titan;s shape on the horizon, dread twisting in their stomach. It wasn’t every day one could watch their own fate bear down on them.

They almost wished it were faster.

“Of course I can look down there.” Ekolu soothed. “I was planning to go anyways - Neptune just finished his potion, and…” They trailed off, realizing they were rambling. It was something they often did when nervous, but they could tell the Stone Scribe wasn’t listening. Not that they could blame her.

“Is this why you do what you do? The documentation? To help defeat the Titan?” Ekolu questioned.

‘If only she had found the scroll.’

The hero shook their head. This wasn’t the Scribe’s, nor anyone else’s, fault. The Titan was coming, and there was no time for blame. There could only be action.

Ekolu realized that they hadn’t heard a response from the Scribe in their musings, but they doubted she gave one. “If so, I thank you.” The hero continued. The Scribe didn’t spare them a glance, but they weren’t expecting her to. They sat in the silence, watching her scramble to any kind of information that may help. Some part of them wanted to reach out and fix the problem for the Scribe, but…. Well, they had no idea how she organized, and they could only truly solve her problem when the Titan got here.

Regardless of if they wanted to or not.

“I’ll stop this. I’ll save them.” Ekolu did their best to sound inspiring and hero-like. “I’ll save you, too. I’m the hero! It’s what I’m supposed to do.” They managed to smile - lately they couldn’t work one up for such things - but the Scribe still didn’t turn.

And that was okay. Ekolu wasn’t expecting her to.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:32 pm

DAY 8 CLOSED, DAY 9 STARTING
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 pm

Username: WolfstormSC
Pride/group link: Kinori Pride
Day 9 Prompt:
Raiyo blinks at the basket for a heartbeat, confused by what lay inside of it. Where had the scribe gone to? Were they really not here yet again? Wherever they had gone, it seemed as though they were busy at worth, investigating the strange ruins. Raiyo thought for a second. Was it worth it to help the scribe? Or should she focus on the many other aspects of this?

She ended up deciding that it might be a good idea to help the scribe after all. Especially since she realised that the scribe didn't really have anyone else helping them right now, while everyone else had at least someone to rely on.

She searched the basket, trying to see if she could make sense of anything. But still, it was all so confusing to her and she couldn't make heads or tails of what she had been presented with. All of these different symbols only confused her more.

Perhaps it was better to wait for the scribe to get back so that they could explain what they had found with all of these? Raiyo decided that this was the better option, so she decided to wait for the scribe's return. (200 words)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Pride/group link: The Wanderlust
Day 9 Prompt:
Alessia stopped by the shrine for only a short time - everyone seemed to be asking for her attention today, with danger right on the horizon, but she didn't want to go into battle before greeting the Scribe one more time at least. While disappointing to not see the Scribe present, she did notice the basket before her.

What was this? Some gathering of data, evidence, research? Alessia reached in, pulled out one, read the writing on the tablet. Then another. "Discovering the connections of the past and now? Or something else?" she said out loud, thoughtful. "Not a bad start."

If the Scribe was gathering information, Alessia thought it good to include her own knowledge. There was one blank piece of paper in the basket, between filled out ones - she took it out and scribbled a note - with her ideas and musings, a record of her visits to land of sea and sky, and at the bottom, a record of the strange dreams she'd been having, and her meetings with a certain Oracle.

'Scribe -' the letter ended, 'I hope all enclosed helps you with whatever you seek. If we do not meet before the battle tomorrow, consider this my farewell for now. It's been an honor to help with your stories, and if victory is won, I hope to be able to continue to assist. Until then, be well.

- Alessia'

She folded up the note and placed it into the basket. The day had held a sense of finality, and she did not try to avoid it. Reflection before battle (though of the body? of the mind? she did not yet know which it would be) was quite worthwhile, and writing down many of the happenings in recent days would not only hopefully be helpful to the Scribe, but had done her some good as well.

Alessia departed shortly after - leaving only her note, and the pawprints in the sand.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:47 am

Username: Raptocidic
Pride/group link: Arch Empire
Day 9 Prompt:
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:38 am

Username: Runnersback
Pride/group link: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Day 9 Prompt: [316/300]
Perseus had sprinted to the scribe’s island with the quakes getting worse by the hour. He felt bad for his pride but he was proud that they had decided to stay and watch their homelands with the titan swiftly approaching. He hopped over the cracks in the land bridge and continued sprinting till he tripped over some odd white rocks that had emerged from the black sands. Perseus frowned as he looked down before scampering off towards the bent ruins. It reminded him of the ruins back home in his new pride. He bounded over towards the pedestal and saw the works in a woven basket.

Perseus softly started picking through the tablets and scrolls and well scraps that scribe had left behind. It was works she was trying to preserve and well he didn’t blame her. He tilted his head softly,“I think that’s about it but let’s get these down safer.” The lion murmured pulling off his satchel and placing the papers and scrolls inside it before placing it in the basket with heavy tablets. He picked up a white stone before gently placing it as a weight on top of the satchel. Perseus softly rocked back on his haunches while glancing around.

Percy picked up a scrap of paper and found some berries to make ink, he softly mushed them into the ground before collecting the mushed berry juice onto his claws. He started writing a note to the scribe: “I wish I could have shared some more of my accounts with you but there should be some in the bags. I added your scrolls into the bag also, as well as placed them back into the basket. Maybe we can see each other soon? xx Your friend, Perseus ‘Percy’”

He glanced around before picking up another rock and placing it on the note he laid in front of her pedestal before walking off.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:33 am

Username: MySpoons
Pride/group link: The New Guard
Day 9 Prompt:

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:15 am

~Soul~ wrote:
Username: ~Soul~
Pride/group link: Healani Pride
Day 9 Prompt:
Leilani found herself standing in front of the shrine with the basket full of things brought forward along with the water painting she had placed yesterday. It was fragile due to being under water for so long. This was so much more information here then one person could bear to go over all alone. She knew she was not the best person to help with this. She did all she could to remember the image and surprise she was able to find something. She took a moment to pause and think of some way to help. Maybe some food would be of use. Haveing to look over all this information could be mind blowing and cause an empty stomach quicker then anything. Leilani went off in search for fresh fruit and nuts along the island anything she could to make a small feast for the scribe. Even if the gesture was a small one she hope it would help in the long run or bring some sort of comfort. She took up most of the day picking and forging what she could. Once her pack was full she took it down to a small stream and cleaned everything well before making her way back to the shrine. She took her time to lay out everything and make it look nice and on a small piece of paper her wrote a small note in hopes they would remember to rest and take proper care of themselves.She nodded in approval of her hard work and choose that now it was time to take care of herself, as she had kept some fruit for herself she found a nice little shaded area to tuck herself away and sat down for a nice meal. Taking time to reflect and think about the days to come.
( 301 / 300 )
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:44 am

Username: EchoIre
Pride/group link: Motoheri Pride
Day 8 Prompt:
Ekolu couldn;t help but to frown upon noticing the Stone Scribe’s absence. Again she was gone, but gone where? Into the depths again?

The hero padded back to the shore, their pawsteps sending stones clattering. Strangely, white stones now lined the edges of the shore. They walked closer to the odd stones, rolling one from the water’s grasp to observe. Those weren’t there yesterday. Were they there when Eko.u reached the island today? Surely they were, but what were they?

Realization dawned on the hero, making their heart sink. With a quiet “No…” they turned to the Titan on the horizon. The stories said they were made of stone. Was this…?

Ekolu backed away from the shoreline and the stones, turning to sprint back to the Scribe’s Shrine once their paws hit grass. The Stone Scribe still had not returned, but Ekolu settled themselves at the base of her altar all the same. It was covered with tablets, scrolls,a nd rune fragments. Clearly, the Scribe was still searching for information about the Titan. Information to help. Which Ekolu was grateful for, but… they wished she would let them help, or at least take requests on what might be useful.

With a sigh, the hero began to paw through the scrolls and runes, looking for anything familiar. They remembered the books that they had brought from the Sea Kingdom’s library after a few moments, and settled them onto the altar next to everything else.

Ekolu sighed again at the sight. A hastily thrown together pile of ancient scrolls and books that no one could understand. What was the point of this? Could this stop the Titan?

The hero looked back to the horizon and their ever-approaching adversary. Was there something in this ancient knowledge that could calm them? Could they find it in time?

They turned to the haggard island. Though largely untouched, the Titan's effect could still be seen on the island. And it would be worse when the Titan was actually here.

Shaking their head, Ekolu began to sort through the scrolls and books anew. They wouldn’t stay for as long as usual, but they would help. It seemed to give the Stone Scribe some peace of mind.
(372 - 3 AC)
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:52 am

Username: StormSerpent