The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby Cutieduckpie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Cutieduckpie
    Link to roll call post: Bleep
    Prompt response:
    At first the young lady didn't notice the woods that border the camp, but as she walks around listening to snippets of conversations here and there, noticing a few fellows that are staying away from others, promising herself she would go and try to befriend them; as well as trying to figure out what would she do in terms of activities since there's so much things to do !
    Anyways, later she decides to take a look out there since there were a bunch of kalons already, many staring at the forest on the background with a small glint of anxiosity in the eyes. As they proceed to talk about their activity and this 'test of courage' she finds the two counselors strange on the edges but totally lovable ... in an odd way. Though what was sure is that she finds them funny enough to keep her interested, Beni's jokes and remarks only boosting her curiosity. "It could be interesting" she thought.
    During the speech she's filled with question but most of all with excitement. Though she feared that they'd have to form groups in the near future.
    As much as she is intrigued by the choice for the tape that holds the bright pen to the clipboard she grabs it without any comment nor hesitation, and writes down her name in red —with so much fierce that she almost rip the paper under her pen's sharp movement.
    (239/150)
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:38 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: NaCl
Link to roll call post: Koraki L.
Prompt response:
Despite the nervous cloud hanging over Koraki the whole day since he arrived, it was gone and the fog had lifted. A test of courage. A. Night. Hike. Koraki was in. With growing excitement, he dashed back to his cabin and tore through his bag to find his grey sweater and quickly putting it on over the purple tank top he had been wearing since his arrival. Once the sweater was on he quickly ran back to the sign-up sheet, scrawling his name in red, there were little devil horns at the start and end of his name
^Koraki^
Sure, he was an edgy kid, but come on they looked cool. Though, once he stepped back the anxiety kicked in again, it hit him like a tone of bricks. He knew no one here, he wanted to talk to someone about his love for the night and he wanted to make friends, that was the whole reason why his mothers sent him here. Koraki cursed and looked around, his eyes darting back and forth, he wished his sister had come with him, he wished she hadn't been kept back because she was more sociable than him. He sighed and shook his head, clearing away the despairing thoughts and decided it would be best to sit on the grass and stare at the darkening sky.
Instantly, Koraki relaxed, his arms lay beside him, his eyes fixed on the little lights among the sea of blackness. He drew lines between the stars, not only finding existing constellations but making up ones himself and giving them their own names. One, looked like a bird so he named it after himself, Koraki. His name means Raven, and the young kit thought that naming a constellation after the raven was appropriate, but he couldn't have just called it 'raven'. no, no, no.
Koraki sighed, he had calmed down and was now relaxing in the grass, this test of courage was going to be no problem for him and maybe, just maybe, he would make a few friends along the way.
[345 words]
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuno. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: iuno.
    Link to roll call post: here
    Prompt response:

"Come on!" Zell said, picking up the colorful pen for Merlot and shoving it into his paws. "Don't be such a sissy, dude! Those stupid councilors are just making a big deal out of this. Why'd you come over here if you're not going to sign up and do it anyways? It's too late to back out now," he continued talking. He was crowding Merlot, staring at him impatiently, pressuring him. Merlot looked down at the pen, his paw shaking slightly. If he left, Zell would definitely make fun of him. He didn't want that. He just wanted to fit in. For once.

Merlot hesitantly clicked down the bright pink pen. He looked to the side, the older guys staring him in the eyes, bored.

Pushing the pen so hard down on the paper, Merlot almost made a hole in it. He wrote his name in slowly and neatly in one of the spaces. He looked back over to Zell who he could feel was burning holes in the side of his head. He was grinning at him suspiciously, making Merlot even more nervous than he already was. "H-here," he handed the other male the pen and turned around quickly, beginning to walk to where a large group of Kampers already were.

"Hope you don't back out, loser!" Merlot heard Zell call out from behind him. He chose not to look back.

His heart was pounding so hard he was afraid others would hear it. The crowd of Kampers came more into view as he slowly walked towards them, other Kalons running from behind him to join in. He decided to stay on the sidelines where some of the younger Kalons, like him, stood away from the older, braver ones.

This was not a good idea, he could feel it. In the large group of older teens, he saw Zell. He looked back at him and winked and snickered at him.

Just ignore him, Merlot thought. Just turn back. Be scared and miss out. Like you always do.

A Kamper that looked around his age approached him and interrupted his thoughts. Merlot clenched and unclenched one of his paws nervously. "Hey, I'm Bermuda," her voice was friendly. Merlot smiled a bit, too nervous to say anything. "Don't be scared, man." she said after a couple seconds went by without Merlot saying anything. Merlot's face flushed. "We can do this," she finished.

Merlot sure hoped so.

[401 words]
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiyorin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:45 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: hiyorin
Link to roll call post: [here]
Prompt response:
"A hike in the forest?" Lilina asked, her voice so frail the two counselors had to lean in to hear her.
"That's right!" The taller one replied, flashing a bright smile.
"And it's at night?"
"Yes...were you even listening to us earlier?" He joked, before noticing the girl in front of him was trembling.
"H-hey, it's okay if you don't want to sign up. If it's too scary, there are other activities you can tr-"
"FANTASTIC!!!"
Lilina cut him off, yelling so loud several heads turned their way. In one swift movement, she pulled out an old and dusty book from her pocket.
"This is a perfect opportunity to observe the different flora and fauna in this area. I had originally planned on sneaking out in case going in the woods was not permitted, but this is right up my ally too."
She began to rapidly flip through the different pages in her book while continuing to speak.
"Since the hike is happening at night, I'll be able to spot nocturnal animals that are far more rare than those that gather in the daylight. Perhaps I could even discover a new species?!!? In that case, there's absolutely no time to waste!"
She tightly gripped the bright pen as if trying to suffocate it and hastily scribbled down her name before turning her attention back to the two kalons standing before her.
"So, when is this event going to take place? Tonight? Tomorrow? The night after?!? Oh, I can barely hold in my excitement!!"
hiyorin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: dolly
Link to roll call post: COoRRA
Prompt response:

Test of courage? SIGn mE ThE HeCK Up!
Cora was never and will never be one to back down from a challenge or test. So naturally, she's going to complete this if it kills her and have a good time. One of her most well known flaws, or greatest gift depending on how you look at it, is the inability to find fear in very scary situations.
It's understandable she supposes seeing as she did spend, what? The first 15 years of her life or so alone trying to survive in the wilderness? She's no doubt broken more bones in a month than any other Kal might in a year. It's really a miracle most of her body still works.
She's never been one to backdown a challenge so she'll probably end up with at least a sprained ankle by the end of this. She does, after all, have two bounty hunter children who like to challenge her in scaling buildings regularly and will win even if she breaks a wrist to do it. So, this whole 'test of courage' thing is totally a challenge and she's totally ready to break a literal leg to win it. Much to Summer's annoyance probably.
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E t e r n i t y » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:02 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: E t e r n i t y
Link to roll call post: (here!!)
((Eve's excited c':))
E t e r n i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Eyes in the Shadows

Postby Softea » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Softea
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:
Ares quietly walked around the camp, or ‘Kamp’ as all the councillors tell him to call it, and avoided others as much as possible. Not that he didn’t like the one-sided conversations that he didn’t participate because he had horrible amnesia, or his retrogade amnesia which his “best-friend” gave to him from a science experiment the government made her do.

After the incident, he can’t remember anything, and he has amnesia so he can’t remember his past, as well as anterogade amnesia. Which means he can’t make new memories. However, he is a special case since it was caused by science.

He tries to keep away from others, as he can’t make any new friends, or remember any old ones. He was a loner....a lone wolf..a—

“Hey there friend!”
He was a kalon in trouble.

A red, horned kalon brightly smiled at him as he held out his hand to shake,
Ares assumed this was a councilor, since they had a ‘Kamper’ jersey and seemed to be accompanied by another councilor Ares thought seemed familiar.

“Uhh— Hi”

“Sign up for the test of courage?? It’ll be...spoooooookyyyy”

“Uh- sure? I guess I don’t know?”

“Okay well, here is the pen!”

Ares signed up with the black color, in curly handwriting.

“See you later! We’ll meet at the edge of the woods soon”

“Uh— bye...”
Ares held up a hand as a wave,
But felt nervous by this “test of courage” stuff.

He felt tons of eyes staring at him through the shadows of those dark, deep woods.

[256/150]
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimerri » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: coffeebean,
    Link to roll call post: here!
    Prompt response:
    adrian usually goes into things cocky and arrogant but he's really not that tough.
✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦

she/her ✦ infp ✦ hufflepuff ✦ aries

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚nya˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

hi god, its me again ~ i'm bea and
i like bunnies art and anime

✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦
My DAMy thArt shop
whimerri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Olive; » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:18 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: OliveMyLove
    Link to roll call post: XXX

Prompt response:
    As I walked away from Beni and Iphis, their words rang in my head.
    Test of Courage, I ruminated. What could that possibly mean?
    It was time for our afternoon activity, so I headed off to canoeing, and quickly launched my boat into the water. Since I wasn’t one for competing to be the fastest, I let my thoughts wander as I traveled around the lake, surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. I did sign a liability waiver for any injuries before coming to camp, so of course this couldn’t truly be a "Test of Courage." But still... it doesn’t have to be dangerous to be scary!
    This dialogue went on in my head for the rest of the day. After dinner was served in the mess hall, I decided to throw common sense out the window. This was Kamp after all! I had come here to learn new things and see new sights. It wasn’t like me to throw an opportunity like this away.
    As I walked over to the counselors’ cabin, I passed Beni. He grinned. "Signing up for the night hike?"
    I smiled, albeit a little weakly. "You bet!"
    If I was honest with myself, half the reason I was signing up was so I wouldn’t miss out on anything. I had promised myself that I would make the most out of my stay at Kamp. That meant doing every activity that I could get my hands on.
    I grabbed the pen, and clicked it to what appeared to be some sort of dark yellow. I laughed a little to myself. Might as well have a little sunflower pride! I quickly signed my name in script, quietly cursing the pen with its terrible, low-quality ink.
    "Well, I guess there’s no turning back now!" I found myself saying aloud.
    As I gathered in the throng of campers that was waiting for the hike to commence, I wondered what it would be about. Perhaps we’d be seeing some nocturnal animals or something.
    I hoped I’d still be able to see the trail a little bit. After all, it was truly a beautiful place here! And what use were all my botany studies if not for this? I never got to see such biodiversity home in San Francisco!
    I looked around the crowd. Seeing all the people who were going on the hike made the last bits of my fear melt away. Nothing was going to happen to me. I was sure of it.
    "All right, Kampers! Let’s get ready to go!" Beni called out, and the murmurs in our little group grew louder. Iphis caught my eye, and gave me a little smirk. Uh oh. They were planning something. I just knew it.
╔═════════════════════════════╗
olive • they/them • ve/ver
sylph of life
speaks: english, russian, spanish
linguistics • foreign languages • ttrpgs
kalons
╚═════════════════════════════╝
Olive;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery