✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (OVER!)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Which style of event do you prefer?

Vouchers, prompts, and daily exercises like this one
47%
Tokens, love notes, and daily exercises like Kalontines
38%
Tokens, daily claims, and hidden prizes like the Winter Event
13%
No opinion
3%

Total votes : 118

Postby angelshy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:13 pm

workshop three - day one exercise

link to thread:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3414441&p=108482186#p108482186
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (Workshop 3)

Postby **Snowwhisper** » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Workshop Three - Day One Exercise

Link to Thread: Here

nadia
Last edited by **Snowwhisper** on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Life doesn't hurt until you think about how much has changed,
Text text text text text text text
My kalons Fursona DA Credit
who you've lost along the way, and how much of it was your fault.
**Snowwhisper**

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:18 pm

(note:added link to kalon and name)

Kalon Name:
Forager Evans Knight
Link to Kalon:
http://sta.sh/01ltsc9rxqbz
Has your kalon ever met their grandparents? If so, what do they think of them?When he was a really young kit he met them but doesn't remember them.Doesn't even have even a faded memory of them.
What is your kalon's relationship with their parents?
Terrible. He hates them after he was abandoned. Won't ever bother looking for them.
Do they have any siblings? Are they blood related or adopted?
No siblings.
Does your kalon have children? Do they/did they ever want to have kits?No. Wouldn't ever be able to get close enough to somebody to have some and finds kits nerve wrecking.
Which family member is your kalon closest to? Why?
Head cannon (thats cannon now) he had his grandmother love him and he wouldn't let anyone else hold him. Course he lost that too.
Is there a family member your kalon wishes they could know better? Who is it?
He wishes he understood what he did wrong to lose everyone.
Therefore wanting more understanding of his own parents.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yen. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Link to Thread: xx

Workshop Three - Prompts

Link to Thread: xx
Last edited by yen. on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
千年孤單的星河

──yen • he/him

──kalons

──zzzz....

.是否還能掙脫
yen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Workshop Two - Writing Prompt

Link to Thread:

Workshop Two - Art Prompt

Link to Thread:

Workshop Two - Day One Exercise

Link to Thread:
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Workshop Three - Writing Prompt

Kalon Name: Benni
    Link to Kalon: x
    Prompt: (write out their relationship in any amount of words)
      Angelica is one of Benni's friends. The two enjoy hanging out together wherever Angelica tends to be at the time. Benni enjoys her enthusiastic and helpful attitude, she's always out doing her best and Benni likes tagging along to see what sort of adventure she's set out for that day. Benni loves having someone to listen to his stories and he recounts notable travel encounters and lore to her each time they meet up for their outings. Benni likes writing to her when he can't be there in person and he admires her positive attitude and productive outlook on life.

Has your kalon ever met their grandparents? If so, what do they think of them?
      Benni hasn't met his grandparents as his folks are pretty far removed from where his grandparents lived.
      Henry, Benni's dad, was very oppressive of him and his feminine tendencies, and his mom was just a bit removed from him. Benni was alright with both his parents, but he moved on and is kinda distant in comparison.
      No siblings.
    Does your kalon have children? Do they/did they ever want to have kits?
      No children, though he thinks he would like to have kits! He isn't too sure, but... well he thinks it'd be nice to have a family one day.
      Benni is closest to his dad, even though he was a bit of a jerk, he was primarily raised by his dad. He and his dad had some good times and some bad ones, but overall he never hated his pops.
      He kinda wishes he knew his mom a little better... he was out at sea with his dad all the time, so he didn't really get to see his mom as much, but he wishes he had known her better when he was a kid because he knows that's something he can't get back.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✎ [Kalon Adopts] Development Event — (Workshop 3)

Postby Gladis » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Kalon Name:
Aster
Link to kalon:
Here!
Yes, she has, and while they're okay for a little while, they get kind of annoying for extended periods of time. A weekend at their place isn't so bad, but having to stay for more than 3-4 days she starts to see their less fun characteristics and… quite frankly, she can only do the old people thing for so long.
While it certainly isn't bad, it's not the best either. She hasn't really ever felt terribly close to them, and while they've never done anything wrong, their relationship with them in her adult life has always been more of a mutual existence and general friendly-enough closeness. They don't see each other too often and she doesn't make a real effort to get home. Some of her friends things it's a little weird, but to her it's no big deal. It doesn't bother her. She finds more engaging relationships with people her own age, really.
Nope, Aster grew up an only child with busy parents. She mostly clung onto her daycare peers and to a small degree her daycare provider, as both of her parents were working full time through her entire childhood. But they had to to keep the rent paid and groceries in the fridge, so she understood pretty early on that they didn't have a whole lot of options. She had a pretty good understanding of their financial situation from a young age, which led to a bit more of a survival attitude than a loving family one in the household, but hey, they got by.
Aster is sterile, which she found out when she was pretty young. She'd had some issues with her cycle that turned out to be caused by a genetic condition she'd gotten from her dad's side of the family. She knew from the time she was twelve that she wasn't going to be able to have kids, which again got her pretty used to the idea. And while there are certainly times she wishes she could, for the most part, she's enjoying her independent attitude and lifestyle right now. Kids would weigh her down but maybe someday she'd consider adoption.
Out of everyone in her family, Aster has the most respect for her mom, because there are definitely times where she's seen her mom's frustration with not being able to be there for her daughter more, and she knows that it was hard for her to think about basically not even raising her own child in order to pay for raising her own child. She's got a strong attitude about it all, and Aster respects that, as she's kinda the same way.
To spin off this a bit, she always wanted a sibling, specifically a brother. She thought it'd be really fun to have a boy in the house and someone she could always turn to to play with or mess around with.
But she'd also be interested in knowing either of her parents a little better, too. She doesn't know a whole lot about their lives before they met or had her, so it's something she's wondered about for a while, despite never acting on it.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Kalon Name: Gracie Lin
Link to Kalon: xxx
Has your kalon ever met their grandparents? If so, what do they think of them? No but she most likely wouldn't get along as she doesn't have a good way with people.
What is your kalon's relationship with their parents? She's never met her birth parents but her adoptive parents are the best she could wish for. Iridiana is the parent every child wish you had. She is the cool parent who lets you do what ever as long as it's legal. Suadia is the soccer mom who is constantly trying to be cool and attending all your events supporting you. She is also a helicopter parent trying to see what your doing all the time but it's not as annoying once you're used to it.
Do they have any siblings? Are they blood related or adopted? She has 6 blood siblings but doesn't speak with them.
Does your kalon have children? Do they/did they ever want to have kits? As a kit herself she does not and doesn't really want them. She is more of a loner who just wants to socialize with her internet friends and family.
Which family member is your kalon closest to? Why? Either of her moms. She has an equally close relationship with both and are a pretty open family in general. She can confide and tell either of them anything more or less as they are both more of listeners than talkers. Suadia is better with advice and Iridiana is better with comfort so together they make a very nice pair of parents.
Is there a family member your kalon wishes they could know better? Who is it? Probably her birth family. She never really knew them and has been with her moms since she could remember. They didn't know much about them or who they are but they try and help her research it. It's important to all of them trying to figure out who and where she came from but it's harder than expected for them.
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Teri » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Kalon: Nastya
Link: here

She hasn't, unfortunately! ...yeah, this is going to be the shortest answer here.

This depends on whether you want biological or adopted.
Nastya doesn't know her biological parents straight-up. She's sometimes been a little curious about them, especially when she was a kit! But the people she was raised by knew barely any more than her about them - though they were open about her being not biologically any of theirs' - by the time she could've tried tracking them down at least a good fifteen years had passed, and it was impossible. She sometimes wonders, but it's not really a huge concern for her.
Nastya... arguably has adopted parents in the form of the sun priests. Even that wouldn't be quite right, since they never called themselves such, but she's attached to them at least as much as anyone would be to good parents.

Similarly to the above - Nastya might very well have biological siblings, but if she does, she doesn't know about them. If she considers anyone her siblings, it would be the other kids that grew up at the sun shrine she did (with perhaps a few of the younger priests, or the priestesses passing through, as older brothers and sisters).

She probably (read: definitely) has kits somewhere; she's had a lot of flings that all parted on good terms, and may have even assisted someone who wanted kids in getting them. That said: she herself is way less of a parental figure than even the priests that raised her, and she doesn't want kits of her own. The result? Any kits she has had with someone else, the other parent(s) would have gone in knowing that she didn't plan to be around, and being totally fine with that.
She may sometimes show up as a "family friend" and play with the kits - she has a personality far more suited to that. And she's definitely still supportive of any previous flings she's had if they need help. They're friends first, former relationships second.
(These kids would not be IC breedings with real Kalons though... at least, for the moment.)

Aforementioned "adoptive parents," even if neither she nor they quite name them as such. Nearly all of them are on the older end even for the stereotypical "sun priest" image, but that doesn't stop her from visiting them often - to ask their advice, to tell them stories of what she's been up to, to listen to any interesting things the younger priests under them have discovered, just to share a cup of tea...
Of the five priests that primarily raised her, three of them have moved to different shrines, while two have stayed in her childhood home. It's a good thing she's a traveling priestess, to be honest, because otherwise she wouldn't get to see all of them nearly as easily.

As mentioned in one of the above questions - sometimes Nastya would like to know a bit more about her biological parents. Wouldn't you, just out of curiosity? She doesn't value them higher than her "adoptive" ones, and she's sure she wouldn't even if she found out more about them - or even met them, though they must be on the older end themselves by this point. But it'd be nice to know the story.
Imagex
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

xxxxxxxxxxxlast visit: 2022??
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxI haven't been here in forever &
xxxxxixI don't know what I'm doing
xxx★ Looking for wishlist trades! ★
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxx
sig art
ᴛᴇʀɪ
he/himxx20+xx疲れた