Jason's Big Job | Gooish 2022 | Closed!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Jason's Big Job | Gooish 2022 | Open!

Postby solos » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:46 pm

Prompt Day: 7
Goobie(s) Involved: [psylla] [mads]
If art or writing, Partner? writing, no partner but correlates to fruitbat's-!!
If Art, NPC? n/a
Entry:
Their minds were racing a million miles a second, did whoever they were sending the packages to not appreciate the hard work everyone had spent on them? Had there been a mistake? Then they saw it, the silhouette of the creature emerging from the sea, it seems as though everyone was scared of the sudden appearance, even including the guards. Seeing the guards even take a step back in fear was enough to set Mads off, prompting her to start to break down, tears rolling down her cheeks. There wasn't much Psylla herself could do to calm Maddi down, as she herself was terrified of what was to come. Seeing Skippy step in front of them made the two thankful they had met him earlier that day, thankful that he had already taken a liking to them. What was to come? How soon would it happen? Is there any way for them to fight back humanely?

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:15 pm

Davey Jones looked over at every goobie gathered, taking in their reactions. Looking to the ones pleading with him to have a good time, to the ones ready to fight, to those that hid. He seemed to gauge them all, before he chuckled. The voice was deep, rusty, horse and sounded of a ship that had wrecked itself. "Yer lot had me curious whelp," he says, staring down Jason now. "I wondered, what was it ya lot wanted so badly to keep? What did Sherry work so hard to return to? And then these gifts came, givin' me a window into your world..." He smiled, a smile that seemed endless and sharp.

"Gotta say..." His tentacles dig deep into the waters, before surfacing in all directions. Those gathered would see more bubbles but these contained... goos? Yes and no. Some were but the essence of a goo. Some were half-formed. Some were far too gone, while others were so close. None were fully fledged goobies however, all missing parts of themselves.

"I was not the only one curious."

All present could feel the emotions of the goos gathered. Lost, hopeless, hopeful, depressed, curious. "Those who are lost at sea... you have heard I claim them as my own yes? I do shepherd them, that much is true. The seas are massive, and it is far too easy to lose oneself and ones goo inside of it. I take them with me, try to help them find themselves again. Recover with they can. Most... never leave. There are few successes." He sweeps the goos closer to those gathered. Lets them hover near next to faces. "Most are lost forever."

"However." He inhales deeply.

"Your... gifts brought many solace, cheer. Brought back memories of the surface, hope. Made me realize that in my duties as their Guardian, perhaps more could be done. So I thank you. Just the same... how can I bring them here without knowing whether or not they are protected? Safe?" He looked back at Jason.

"Ambassador between Land and Seas... it is time for a duel. You win, I am satisfied. What comes next only you will choose. I win? Well, we do things my way. Come on... what do you say?" Jason blinks.

"Get me my sword," he tells Selia, tone solemn but determined.

Davey Jones has challenged Jason to a duel! Do you try to interfere? Help? Cheer him on? And what of the goos now floating around them? Do you try and reach out to help them? Push them away?

((Special shotout for rem sleep as we design davey jones!))
Last edited by Griff on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Prompt Day: 8
Goobie(s) Involved: Vanir
If art or writing, Partner? no
If Art, NPC? no
Entry:
Vanir gazes upon the many unfinished goos that were floating around, unsure what to do. As Davey Jones challenged Jason to a duel he stepped out of the way so that they could duel without him in the way, instead heading over to the water's edge and reaching over to one of the goos, pondering whether he should risk touching them - if it would break or mend. He picked up a couple shells from the beach, pushing them against one of the goos and smiling.
"I hope you enjoy the events as much as I do"
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:31 pm

eevee55
4 sardines, 1 moray eel
caeleesi
2 sardines, red snapper
Rinsea
5 sardines, 3 red snappers
bakuraas
3 sardines, 3 red snappers, 2 moray eels
imabandito
4 sardines, 1 mackerel, 2 red snappers, 3 moray eels
P3PP3R_c0rn
3 sardines
fruitbat
5 sardines
rem sleep
3 sardines, 3 red snappers, 2 moray eels
strawberrymwilk
4 sardines
keeshond
4 sardines, 2 red snappers
solos
2 sardines
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepperikorn » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:03 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: Fay
If art or writing, Partner? N/a
If Art, NPC? N/a
Entry:
Fay was sad to see so many goos, or rather who could have been goobies. She stepped back knowing this was between Jason and Davey. "Be careful and wish you the best" She said to Jason before moving away to let them duel. Fay aided others so that they have some space. Many younger goobies were still scared and anxious so she rounded them up and started sing a peaceful tune. Fay gave them pats and hugs to calm them down. Some of the goos from the sea have moved very close to the shore where they might disrupt the duel so Fay gently moved them to a safer location. 'I wish I could do something to help them' She thought to herself.
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Waktos + Alcibiades
If art or writing, Partner?; n/a
Entry:
Two goobies started at a bubble, the goo inside sitting lifelessly yet with much more emotion than any face could convey. Alcibiades looked over to the major gob standing next to him. Most would expect to see a gob unphased, especially one of the calendar, but Alci knew Waktos better than that. And as he expected, he saw Waktos hiccuping softly as one paw held his face and the other attempted to hold onto the bubble in some sort of hug. "Waktos...it's going to be alright." There was a pause for a moment between the two, the sound of others chatting and Waktos' sobs being the remaining sounds. After a moment, however, Waktos spoke- though not exactly a response to the other's words.

"What were they like, Alcibiades? That's all I really want to know... I wish I could say something, give them comfort during what is no doubt such a stressful moment...but how am I supposed to comfort someone who I don't know... who perhaps nobody knows anymore. Who knows how long they've been like this, who knows what kind of life they lead and how it resulted in them being here, right now, in this form..." Waktos' words has emotion that Alci could hear, but not exactly understand. Despite that, he tried to give some words as to not let the gob sit in his thoughts. "That goo looks far gone, Waktos. Even if you can't comfort them, I don't believe they're feeling any pain-" He wasn't even able to finish his sentence before Waktos interrupted him. "But they are- I can feel it. Please...put your paw on the bubble, surely you'll be able to feel it too..."

The lanky mortal goobie blinked lightly, not knowing what Waktos expected touching a bubble to do- but then again, who was he to deny the request of a major gob? He did as he was told, touching the bubble with a singular paw. His eyes widened, not because he felt the emotions, but because he felt something different, knowledge of whoever lay in this bubble. "They were young when it happened, just became an adult when they found themself on a ship looking for treasure. They didn't have a family to come home to, so they took to the ocean. There was a storm, they thought the rest of the crew could handle it, but came up to help anyways....and now they're here." Waktos stared, but before he could ask the obvious, Alcibiades gave him the answer. "I just...knew that about them when I touched the bubble...maybe because I can't feel the emotions like you can I got something else..."

Waktos looked at the piece of goo in the bubble, and the paw that was covering his face went to complete the hug around it. "If you come back, I promise you'll have someone to go to, someone who can protect you. If not someone on the beach...then me. I don't know if you can hear me, or if you can even sense any part of the world around you...but I hope you still understand..." Alcibiades didn't comment, didn't want Waktos to hurt any more than he already did. He just turned to watch Jason and Davey, his tail going to curl close to him, and avoiding any other bubbles that might have been close. He didn't need to try and feel the emotions again, he had already seen enough.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:21 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Aria
If art or writing, Partner? No
If Art, NPC? N/A
Entry:
Aria listened silently as Davey Jones spoke, still hoping that everything would work out peacefully. She was a bit nervous, it was impossible to tell what exactly he wanted from what he was saying. Nonetheless, she kept hoping. When the bubbles appeared, she was quite confused. Were those goobies? No, not quite, she realized, and became even more confused. So she kept listening, figuring Davey Jones would explain. When he did, she felt sad again. There were so many that had gotten lost at sea, so many... Lost. She had known that sometimes goobies got lost at sea, but she had never imagined it was this many. She wondered if there was any way to help them recover. Of course, it sounded like Davey Jones had already tried, but maybe there was something else that would help that he just had not thought of yet?
Then Davey Jones challenged Jason to a duel. For the first time since his appearance, Aria felt genuinely scared. She did not like fights, they always resulted in someone getting hurt and Aria never liked it when someone was hurt. She did not want to see Jason hurt, and though she still barely knew anything about Davey Jones, she did not want him to get hurt either. Was there really no way for this to end peacefully? Did this really have to end with injuries? It certainly did not seem like either Davey Jones or Jason would listen to any more attempts at peacekeeping right now, both looked so focused on preparing to duel. Even if she tried, she would probably just be ignored.
Aria was not a fighter. She could never bring herself to intentionally cause someone harm. There was no way she could interfere with the duel, even to try to help Jason. So all she could do was tell him a quiet, "Please be careful," with the most hopeful smile she could muster, and move out of the way. She felt miserable, being unable to do anything more to help.
...But maybe, just maybe, she could help someone else.
At the very least, she could try.
Aria took a breath, pushing away her sadness with the situation. And then she approached the nearest bubble containing a goo. She spoke gently, trying her best to help. She offered to bring some food or a pretty shell or something else that might bring back good memories. After bringing something over that had seemed to make the goo a bit more hopeful when she mentioned it, and spending a bit more time with the goo, she said she would be back a bit later and walked over to another one. She tried her best to help as many as she could, even if it was just speaking kindly to them for a while. She also made sure to check in on the ones she had visited earlier when she had an opportunity.
In between her attempts to help, she would glance anxiously at the duel, hoping that both Jason and Davey Jones would still be okay by the end of it...
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:10 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: my urchin, a mystery lost-at-sea goob, in the distance jason and davey jones fighting
If art or writing, Partner? nope!
If Art, NPC? yes! mystery goo, jason, davey jones.
Entry:
As the beach is shrouded in darkness whilst the deep sea pirate fights our friendly Jacob, Vaughn and Luna are by his side trying to encourage him on. But elsewhere on the same beach, Urchin, another diab in attendance, notices someone he recognizes amongst the lost. A friend who vanished long ago. He speaks their name, slow, uncertain, and reaches out to them. Their vacant eyes speak volumes. They don't recognize him, but... they take his paw in theirs, for a moment, and it feels so familiar... For a moment, the lost goob sees him. Realization flashes their features-- but then, like the distant lightning, it's gone again...
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:16 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: neptune
If art or writing, Partner?: n/a
If Art, NPC?; n/a
Entry: neptune watched in horror as davey jones emerged from the sea. he was confused, terrified, and honestly quite shocked at what was happening, especially when the goos in bubbles rose up.

he wanted to help the goos so bad.. he felt bad for them - he wondered about them and hoped that they could be saved from this mess. however, he didn’t know how, or if, he could save them.

and the duel? neptune hoped that everyone would stay safe throughout it. he’s not good at fighting, and would probably be more of a bother than an asset. so, he sat on the sidelines and cheered on everyone. he watched attentively, and was ready to help out jason if he seemed in danger. he wouldn’t want him to get hurt, of course! he also kept his eyes on the goos, in case something were to happen to them.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:26 pm

Goobie(s) Involved: Skippy, Psylla
If art or writing, Partner? Solos.!
If Art, NPC? none
Entry: Skippy eats peanut butter like popcorn, Psylla is shocked at the events and... Mads is so where to be seen...?
Apologies, I still haven't found my pencil case :'<
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me