2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

Postby MySpoons » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:06 am

Username: MySpoons
Pride/group link: The New Guard
Day 7 Prompt:

-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:41 am

Username:Runnersback
Pride/group link: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Day 7 Prompt:[311/300]
Perseus had come back later in the day to see if the scribe had finally come back. He feared she was going to be truly gone for good, as he bounded over the land bridge to the island as waves slapped against the sides of it. Percy trotted quickly through the rocks and the sands not bothering to find the perch and the stone. He figured it might be easier if he looked around at other parts of the small land piece then go with what he knew. Perseus continue walking on till he approached the sea once more and saw a rubble like moss coated figure staring out to the sea.

So he was right, she was in the ocean… His ears flicked quietly as she was taking a moment for herself. He wasn’t going to immediately overwhelm the scribe by rushing up to her like others would do he quietly sat down behind her and waited patiently for. Percy had noticed the water easily rolling off and secretly wished he was that waterproof. His ear flicked quietly as she started speaking without turning her attention to him. Was it just Percy or was she acting a bit different? Maybe something happened when she was in the ocean…

“Who knows…” Perseus said tilting his head and approaching the lioness. “Nobody knows when we live or die, and maybe that’s the sad part of it but then there is always the next generation who will look back upon us.” He said clearing his throat as a new form of strength surged through his body. “If you need help collecting stories me and Áine will always be here to assist alright…” Perseus flicked his tail,“And if you fear not having a place to put the stories where they get eroded by the weather we can take them back to our Pride’s library…”

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:48 am

Username: Frisco
Pride/group link: Night Watch
Day 7 Prompt: 316 words
Nahi gasped audibly.

- Look! She’s back! - she almost jumped in excitement, seeing the old scribe’s body emerge from the sea waves.

Despite just getting out of the water, her fur wasn’t wet. Droplets fell off of her like from a duck’s feathers. Aris was the first to notice the unusual and point it out.

- She looks dry even though she just came out of the sea. Do you think she used some kind of a spell or is it just her fur that naturally reflects water? - he asked curiously in a hushed voice so that only his group could hear him.

- Beats me - Sye wasn’t even looking her way, but resting with his back against one of the stone pillars, his eyes closed. It was hard to tell from his voice and silhouette if he was enjoying the sunlight or brooding that he had to be here instead of in a comfortable bed.

- I’m just glad she’s okay - Hickory added unhelpfully.

- Hmm. I bet she’s a powerful witch - Nahi exclaimed, narrowing her eyes and observing the lioness intently. - But I also think that’s just her thing. I mean, have you seen her? She looks like a rock! Like a statue just started to move.

- That’s possible - Aris nodded in agreement. - Golem are sometimes called “living rocks”. They’re made of clay and are animated. Most can only do very simple tasks, but some can even be sentient. - He tilted his head to the side. - If she is made of stone, do you think she can swim? Or was she just walking on the sea bed?

- Ooo that sounds cool. I bet that’s what she did - Hickory joined in the conversation with interest. - As a rock she wouldn’t need to breathe.

At that point the scribe was too close to continue their conversation without being overheard.

- Are you a golem?

Hickory wasn’t one to beat around the bush.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:17 am

Username: Raptocidic
Pride/group link: Arch Empire
Day 7 Prompt: Day 7 (304/300 words)
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Pride/group link: Oasis Basin
Day 6 Prompt:
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:55 am

Username: EchoIre
Pride/group link: Motoheri Pride
Day 7 Prompt:

Ekolu, though distraught, couldn’t help but to bark a short laugh as the Scribe emerged from the waters.

“I had thought you may have gone there!” They called out. It was easy to smile at the stone Scribe. Of all the old and odd creatures they had met so far, the Scribe felt the most like a friend. No ulterior motives. Just curiosity and a willingness to preserve and share. “Of course, I thought you may sink.” The Hero added, smiling. “What were you doing?”

And the Stone Scribe answered. Or, didn’t answer.

Ekolu couldn’t hide their disappointment. The Scribe was inclined to their privacy, but it was still hurtful. They couldn’t even say they were out for a walk?

‘Better than lying, I suppose.’ They thought, walking closer to where the Scribe sat. They watched her carefully. She seemed almost sad today. What had happened down there?

“...Is that why you try to know more?” Ekolu asked after a moment. The ocean whispered against the sand, glimmering in the pale moonlight. “To have more? If so, it’s kind of you to share.” Their previous breakdown was forgotten as they stared at the waves, letting the familiar and calming scent of saltwater wash over them. It had been a long time since they allowed themselves to simply be somewhere.

“I don’t know much, other than being The Hero.” They admitted. “I’m… not sure what will happen after. Maybe there is nothing after this for me. Maybe this is my fate.” Ekolu curled their tail tighter around their paws. Their throat tightened unexpectedly, and they fought for a moment to regain control of themselves. They refused to squeak at the Scribe. They were The Hero, even if only for this life.

They swallowed harshly. “This is what I know.” Their voice was scarcely above a whisper. “I’m not sure I can have or be anything else.”

(315 words; 3 AC)
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am

Username: TimelordSnowy
Pride/group link: https://toyhou.se/~world/58005.the-spirit-listeners
Day 7 Prompt:

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:02 am

Username: minifun990
Pride/group link: Mystic Isles
Day 7 Prompt:
“Well, turns out she had fallen into a whirlpool then.” Aysa said sniggering a little. Panari shouldered her, his face still pensive after hearing the words that felt specifically for him. A bigger picture…

“Sometimes its all we can do to look to the past. To see the hopes and triumphs and the ways things used to be. Its reassuring. Its what we know best” Panari said, speaking not just to himself but the words he knew needed to be said.

“But it is also something we cannot do forever. If we only focus on the ways things have been, or couldve been we can never move forwards.”

The scribe looked pensive, Panari didnt even turn to look at his pridemates. They wouldnt understand, or maybe they would but Panari was too scared of their judgement to look in any case.

“So you can stay here, you can look at what has happened forever. Its good that someone keeps track. But make sure that you never let regret take hold. Dont let it be that you wonder what couldve happened if you had made a move.”

Panari turned then, making his way off of the island. He didnt know the residents of this place anymore than the scribe did. But he was part of a bigger picture and was only now feeling ready to take on his role. (228/200)
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:45 am

Username: Chanceuxcat
Pride/group link: Senova
Day 7 Prompt:

Cressida had traveled alone today, wanting to visit the Scribe again. It had been a few days since she had come to this place, since the group had been too preoccupied to journey here. She's glad to find the mysterious stone Scribe, but the Scribe doesn't seem happy today. She speaks wistfully, a heavy sadness weighing her down like the water cannot.

Cressida sits by her side, waves lapping at her furred feet and sand sticking to her paws. She looks into the fiery sunset and stays by the Scribe's side, silent, for a few moments. Finally, she speaks.

"I was 10 when I decided to live alone and train my powers. I lived in a valley, only speaking to the occasional traveler in the summer. But few came and I was alone. I learned about the world around me. The earth, the rock, the rivers, the clouds, the trees, the world. I figured out how to train my powers, how to live with them and use them. That was all I knew and all I had."

She looks up into the Scribe's kind face before continuing.

"But then I met this other lions. I met our hero, Rory. And that's where I've learned the most important things in life, what living alone could never teach me. Because the only thing I have is no longer what I know. It's what they all know. What Rory knows, what Imja knows, Norizan and Zephyr, Halo, and even Fayvel. All they know is what I have."

The Scribe nods.

Cressida takes a deep breath. "You're right. All we have is what we know. But not just us. All of them too, what the Sky and Sea know, not only the Land. That's how we fight the titan and live to see the future. Learning from the past, from the way I did things in my past, and now I- we, have more."
(320/300)
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:50 am

Username: StormSerpent