A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby lonk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:55 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: lonk
Link to sign-up post: xx
Prompt response:
venita opened her eyes after taking a moment to think. she glanced over to carter, still busy clearing away rocks, and began to speak. "i'm sure it won't be too interesting, but i guess i can give it a go. i'm from the small kingdom of gazia. it's an island, like this, but a lot bigger. there was always a lot of tourism, so parts of the land were very developed, but the nobility always cared enough to keep the wildlife protected from anything major cutting into it."
carter nodded, looking back to give her a smile. venita continued. "we had the traditional beaches, with a bunch of luxury type resorts scattered across the coast, but other than being busy towards the south, it was always quiet. the way i like it." she pushed a strand of hair out of her face, a melancholy look on her face. "the further north you go, the more pine trees you see. that was always part of the charm, i guess. an island with pine trees. some of the beaches even had them, but not the crowded ones. i never thought much of them until i left home, but now, it's just so...."
she trailed off, her eyes glazing over as she stared into the distance. carter filled the silence. "sounds like a neat place."
venita nodded. "it is. some of the native flowers can only be found on gazia. the nature here reminds me of some of it, but nothing ever captures it quite right. maybe it's just because i'm from there. it's lovely, but... i don't think i'll ever be going back."
she shook her head. "my apologies for spewing my nonsense. anyways... have you ever left the island?"
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
i like nintendo (pokemon
splatoon, zelda, etc.),
persona 3, 4, 5, & steven
universe !
if u ever need anything
dont hesitate to hmu 👌
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
      hi im lonk !!
      i have what the kids call...
      poor taste
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: sicknasty
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:
where did levi come from? well, friendly, enthusiastic carter has asked the million dollar question right off the bat. where indeed?
levi fitzwilliam, the character they've been playing like a last-minute understudy for the past twenty years, came from nowhere at all. they needed a new life, and levi filled in the gap - name picked from the jeans displayed in the nearest shop window, a complex and sprawlingly elaborate backstory developed through the years as a pastime. they don't have a birth certificate, a hometown, any legal tracery. the kalon wearing their name has slipped by without needing any of it.
but who is this mysterious kalon then? if you asked them in an unguarded moment, their mind might go to the place they find most familiar - the endless meadows of the gods' realm, the labyrinthine stone buildings of the pantheon - but only for a moment. that home is lost to them for now, and sometimes, it seems, for ever.
"where i come from?" levi buys a moment to think. "you wouldn't have heard of it. a little town in cornwall - fowey." levi has never been to cornwall, but they think they'd like it. "it's very scenic. by the sea - a lot like this, in fact... but less tropical, hah."
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: CompleteChicken
Link to sign-up post: Here
Prompt response:

“Oh you’d like to hear about me? I have plenty of stories.”

“I was born in Greece, my father was a politician, a pretty famous one too. My mother died when I was fairly young, so mostly he raised me. I used to be really into painting too... I haven’t painted in years.” he declared sadly while also dramatically flipping his cape out of the way. “I also like to travel, see the world you know? I’ve been to six of the continents, but, uh I’m procrastinating on figuring out how to visit Antarctica.” He was silent for a moment “Maybe I’ll just stowaway on a ship or something....” he muttered really quietly. “Oh! And I love to study the stars, I have this observatory back in New York, it has an attached museum filled with-uh-Greek stuff and assorted things I’ve collected over the years.”

“Yeah, I collect lots of things.”

“No, my father was murdered by another fellow I used to know, so he’s not around anymore. I was on the run for some time after that cause that other kalon framed me for some things. Eventually I settled down I got married, had a daughter. Her name was Bethany and she was beautiful, so smart, my pride and joy.” He was silent.

“They’re dead now.” Titus said coldly, “Thats how it always is, I met someone new, have a good friendship, get attached, and they die. Everyone I love dies.” He looked a bit sad but overall seemed to be handling himself quite well by the sound of the tragedies he’d endured.

“Its like I’m cursed,” he said before a small laugh “no wait, I actually was, that expression doesn’t really work for me really.”

“Yes, I am too cursed,” He defended “nobody’d believe you, but I’m over 2000 years old, around 2600 I believe.You see that nasty fellow who killed my father wanted me to join him-he had like a cult or something, and was planing a big uprising. Well anyway I told him I’d rather die. He was a really spiteful fellow, so he cursed me, telling me I never would, not until I’d counted all the stars. Thats an impossible task and he knew it, I’ll probably outlive the stars. But I didn’t believe him, not until I outlived my daughter, not until hundreds of years past. Now standing here I’d be a fool to believe I wasn’t cursed”

“No, I’m fine, its not to bad, life just keeps going. It’s fun sometimes.”

“Yeah, thanks, I had a good chat with you, see you later!”
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:03 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You and Carter end up chatting for hours as he works, swapping stories about where you had grown up and about his life on the island. Before long, the sun had began to set, covering the idyllic seaside skies with tones of purple and pink. As you sat admiring the sunset, you can hear your companion let out a sigh.

"Man, I wish I could travel like you did...."

Hearing the tinge of sadness in his voice, you're unsure to respond, hesitating for a moment. Whatever you're about to say is cut off by Carter giving a brisk shake of his head and getting to his feet.

"Nevermind that. You should be getting on your way; it's getting dark. I'll walk you back to the ship."

Game number one is closed!
Any posts or further edits past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results will be edited into this post, and the second game will be posted at rollover!

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not meeting the minimum word count:
-Myst_c
-comet.
-Mimu

The following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not following the rules:
-SomethingFishy~

The following users have won Imagex3:
-sentimental_android
-Kyo
-tigressa
-ruse
-juno steel
-Cosmi
-Stephaaa
-dolly
-eros
-Meduz
-Deercan
-Yuroshi
-gurocora.
-night夜
-c a w.
-recherché.
-Theodosia
-booshweasel
-monchy
-ThatPinkThing
-happysparrow
-Midnightkitkat
-Catskitten
-lonk
-KokichiOma
-ArcticWaterDrake
-Stardust Cowboy
-annie15970
-Kyar
-PinkAngel
-★ star child ★
-andreas.
-eonian
-Sugar Silkie~
-beeghost
-retrosolstice
-SkyGold
-RupturedRaptor
-Drasheep
-jouska.
-lovestruck
-Makoto Naegi
-waffle02
-Thani
-suds
-LivingLethal
-Wolfycat101
-*Starshimmer*
-Gengar.
-VoidRinkusu
-UltimateKitty
-fuiuki
-CompleteChicken
-Takk
-waterfront
-imperials
-Wolfiedog3
-Halographic
-DoubleInfiniti
-nermal1999
-suneater
-sicknasty
-Rabbit
-NCC-1701-D
-SpartanAmethyst
-Eleya
-DragonOfEmber
-sapphirelion
-Nikolina
-l i i l y
-symmetra
-hiraeth + hound
-rainichi
-Meridiem
-clarke,
-SaltyBirb
-Diamond Sapphire
-skylark
-NeonPastel
-Spirittai1

The following users have won Imagex5:
-Lillybear
-NightFlame22
-credit
-NaCl
-trans
-vanilla bean.
-Karmel
-cyborgishly
-SilhouetteStation
-FluffyBirdie

The following users have won Imagex10:
-loki,
-qpplepie
-moondust405
-alluvium
-IlluminatiConfirmed

Last edited by CSMintCat on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Riddle me this - Trivia Question Number One

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Though you weren't planning to visit him that day, your idle feet seem to have led you to his cabin nonetheless. When you arrive at the treeline, you spot Carter sitting at a small table he had set up in the clearing behind his home. (His large frame looks a little funny hunched over the table like that, you think.) You shout out a greeting and his blond head pops up, looking a bit startled before breaking into his usual easygoing grin.

"Hey, how're you doin'?"

You reply that you're doing just fine, and ask him what he's doing.

"Just doin' some maintenance on my tools! It's important to have good upkeep with these things, y'know? It does take a bit of concentration, so I can't chat with ya today. Sorry!"

You assure him that that's just fine, and turn to leave (maybe you could get spend some time wading in the tide pools, you think). Before you could do so, Carter pipes up again, seeming a little hesitant.

"Say... I met up with Captain the other day -you know Captain, right?- while I was looking for some more driftwood on the beach. She gave me this riddle an' bet me that I can't solve it. I've never really been good at these kinds of things t'be honest, but I didn't want to back out of the bet... Mind helping me out?"

He seems a little self-conscious about his inability to solve the riddle...

Carter's got the spirit, but he's still not so great at riddles.
Maybe you could be a good sport and help him out?

"I’m carrying eight spears an' two swords. I’m dressed in a cow-leather tunic an' I peek through a hole in th' door. What am I?"

Code: Select all
[b]Riddle me this![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to sign-up post:[/b]
[b]Answer:[/b] (You don't need a prompt-y response to this; just the answer to the riddle!)

[Guidelines:]
Please title your PM "Riddle Me This #1" (without the quotations) exactly,
or it will not get sorted to the correct folder/will not be counted!
(This means you need to include the capitalization as well; I suggest just copy+pasting the title.)
Please do not edit your PMs!
Do not share the answer to this riddle.
If it is discovered that answers are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.
I won't be replying to all the PMs, but I will post here after the round is finished with the correct answer as well as those who have gotten it right.

[End date:]
Friday, July 19th, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Three hours before rollover.

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #2 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 am

You rush back to Carter as soon as you figure out the riddle, tripping over your own feet in your haste. The blond Kalon looks shocked as you tell him the answer, eyes wide.

The answer to the riddle is "a crab"!

"Woah, I never thought of that! Thank you!"

He beams, giving you a firm pat on the back that sends you stumbling forwards a bit.

"I'll be sure t'tell Captain the answer th' next time I see her. You wouldn't tell her that you help me out, would ya? It'll be our secret."

Game number two is closed!
Any new PMs past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results will be edited into this post, and the third game will be posted at rollover!

Just to clarify some things:
You need to fill in the form provided.
You can only make one guess.

Since the latter wasn't mentioned in this round, I've accepted PMs with more than one guess if one of them was the correct answer.

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not having the correct title/not filling out the form:
-.secretsociety.
-Zailune
-ilya
-comet.
-kuro,
-DragonOfEmber
-★ star child ★

The following users have answered the riddle correctly and won Imagex3:
-Theodosia
-Halographic
-suds
-Sweet Dreams Always
-trans
-alluvium
-loki,
-Thani
-Stephaaa
-Half Tree
-kh.aotic
-skwigler
-Deercan
-clarke,
-DoubleInfiniti
-imperials
-pangurbanka
-IlluminatiConfirmed
-sapphirelion
-honeysticks
-eros
-katzuvo
-SkyGold
-recherché.
-moondust405
-high noon
-Stardust Cowboy
-Ethulai
-Cosmi
-sentimental_android
-Diamond Sapphire
-retrosolstice
-OrangeSocks
-sharpiesandhamilton
-jouska.
-rabbit448
-tigressa
-Drasheep
-jonesy
-Pallis
-Sylvexi
-FluffyBirdie
-AboveAspen
-fernmoon
-Spirittai1
-LivingLethal
-kolyakun
-Karmel
-skylark
-Rabbit
-booshweasel
-Aey
-waffle02
-Wolfiedog3
-gurocora.
-lovestruck
-Grey_Hoodie
-Wolfycat101
-Wind Mage
-ThatPinkThing
-Gladis
-emblo
-KokichiOma
-NaCl
-Wlyrout
-Baagishii
-Meridiem
-NCC-1701-D
-qpplepie
-*Starshimmer*
-WolfWinter
-c a w.
-ufos
-SilhouetteStation
-.kaede
-my.chai
-rainichi
-andreas.
-elyx
-Meduz
-l i i l y
-Mozzy.
-Elliad.
-Nikolina
-Peppermint Mist
-PinkAngel
-VoidRinkusu
-monchy
-plantfood
-sicknasty
-Midnightkitkat
-Snowlondon
-SaltyBirb
-RupturedRaptor
-Echoleaf
-Breado
-NotaBear
-endlessechoes
-puddssoul
-Madziu
-inferno.
-symmetra
-vanilla bean.
-dolly
-NightFlame22
-peachpit
-ruse
-credit
-exiide
-Sugar Silkie~
-lonk
-Eleya
-dragon.
-fuiuki
-satyn
-Anza
-juno steel
-Missing✖
-rnirai
-Gengar.
-hiraeth + hound
-Catskitten
-76heart
-zakuro.

Last edited by CSMintCat on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Leaf Lookout! - Nature Hunt Number One

Postby CSMintCat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Since you were in the area (and truthfully, rather curious about Carter's constant construction projects), you decided to pay him a visit. As you round the corner of the cabin, you see the tall Kalon there, working on something as always. Spotting you out of the corner of his eye, he raises his head to give a greeting.

"Oh, hey there! How’s th' island life treating ya? I guess it might take a little getting used to, but it's not so bad here."

He stops his rambling once he notices you looking at his current project, grinning.

"I’m just workin’ on getting some driftwood ready; it storms often here so you never know when you need t'do some repairs. It gets pretty busy sometimes, helping out the other islanders, and even with Caro workin' it’s kind of tough…"

He sighs, broad shoulders slumping. You can't help but feel bad for him (and Caro too), having to do the majority of the construction and repairs on the island. He gives his head a brisk shake, snapping out of his daze.

"Say, if you’re not too busy, could you help me out? I needed t'get some leaves to repair the roofs on some of the houses, but I’ve got my hands full with this…"

You nod, resolving to try your best to help out the poor guy.

Poor Carter!
It must be rough having so much to do all the time.
Maybe you could help him out?

Hidden in my posts are 15 items.
They look like this:
ImageImageImageImage
Once you have found one, post the form and the link to the found item on this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Leafy Lookout![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to sign-up post:[/b]
[b]Link to item:[/b]

[Guidelines:]
No editing your posts!
One found item claim per person.
(Please do not post multiple links in one form, or it will be deemed invalid.)
Try not to post items already found by other users.
Do not share the locations of hidden items.
If it is discovered that links are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.

[End date:]
Ends when all images have been found
or
Saturday, July 20th, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Three hours before rollover.

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes