goovolution 2023 | story (day 10)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: goovolution 2023 | story (day 1)

Postby rem sleep » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:33 am

DAY 1
      username: rem sleep
      choice: ask the gob a question
      coins earned: 5 coins
      prompt: Urchin can't help but notice how... out of place Jystyr looks, as everyone bustles around him to set up for the party. He wouldn't have noticed the gob at all, it if hadn't been for the odd stillness of the gob. His wary eyes just kept drifting there, directed by the periodically bustling swathe of young goos-- but Jystyr remained, for the most part, still. It made Urchin uneasy, and made the gob hard to ignore. Not... that he particularly wanted to ignore Jystyr. He'd just been shelving those particular complicated feelings, and seeing the gob brought them back up. Urchin was not present for the goovolution celebration prior, but... he'd heard about it, and it sat on his mind like an uncomfortable stone lodged in his guts. There were plenty of questions, and plenty of uneasiness-- and all of that he'd done his very best to ignore.

Urchin was more than comfortable with the fact that some questions would never be answered-- nor were all questions meant to. He'd relegated those particular queries into that pile marked affectionately "forget about it". He lived in the deep ocean and was more than okay with the fact that mysteries happened all around him, and their answers were something he'd never receive. He'd swallowed them down for so long... that seeing Jystyr so attainably in reach retched them back up in the most unpleasant way possible. It wasn't impossible, after all, but... Urchin got the impression from Jystyr's somber stillness that there was something more important to ask.

Urchin waded through the crowd on unsteady paws, finding himself again at Jystyr's side. Hesitantly, the diab took a seat, and glanced over at the lone gob. "Hey, you're Jystyr, right?" Urchin asked, not at all uncertain. He offered somewhat of a haphazard smile, his sharp teeth making the attempted friendly gesture look odd and ill-fitted to his face. His blue eyes were companionable, though-- like friendly pools of open sea. "Are... you doing okay? You seem... kind of down. Is there anything I can do for ya?"

It felt odd to ask gob if he needed a paw, really. Urchin didn't assume there was anything in his wheelhouse that he could possibly provide Jystyr, but... He couldn't help it. Seeing another goob in need made his chest ache, whether he liked it or not. His burning, personal curiosities could wait. He wasn't sure he'd get the chance to ask them before the party started, or indeed perhaps ever-- he may continue to wonder what caused the gob and gobbess to split, what drove Jystyr to hide amongst mortal goos, what deep secrets were burning between the two rival deities-- Urchin was okay with that, though. Even as curiosity gnawed at the back of his mind-- he was okay with that, if it meant that Jystyr's uncanny stillness might be resolved. He had heard that gob was a joker, full of life and energy-- and seeing the gob for the first time, and taking in that stillness... it just didn't feel like gob was himself.

If Urchin could help even a bit, even just by expressing he'd noticed and cared? That was worth more than a thousand answered questions.

[ 535 words ]

♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hjarta » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:58 am

DAY 1
username: hjarta
choice: 4
coins earned: 4 (404 words)
prompt:
    It has been a rough year since the last Goovolution. Maple has attempted to move on since, as life must go forward despite the past, but has always let it fester and mangle in the back of their head. The Agel has not visited the Gobbess' shrine since her heartfelt letter was tossed to the floor of the shrine. Her friends tried to lend an ear whenever Maple seemed to be in their own world, likely reminiscing the Gobbess' words, the Gobbess' image, the indescribable anguish they felt about the word "traitor", letting the word plaster itself against the walls of her head. They found that time made coping easier by baking and meeting new Goobs who would rather not discuss the last event.

The others did not seem to have as hard of a time moving on as Maple, however; Dyre, a friend of Maple's, is a Diab and does not feel the strength of the connection to the Gobbess that their friend does. They prefer to pretend the last Goovolution did not even happen, in fact. Windsor, an Agel, moved on quicker than Maple, even. They are rather close to Dyre and are always being reassured and comforted in times of need, so practically every day after the last Goovolution. They got into therapy for coping with anxiety and panic attacks, and even suggested the idea to Maple. They would shake their head and chuckle sheepishly, "I'm fine, really!" is how they would respond, as Windsor looked at them with a concerning gaze. The last of the bunch, Ira, took a similar stance alongside Dyre and eventually the two became inseparable. Though, Ira would spend their time reading on the Gob and Gobbess in the local library to attempt comprehending the last event more.

This year, the four would spend it together rather than attend the local gathering of Goobs. Maple's anxiety leading up to the days of the event skyrocketed, so the four decided to make the best of it. They started the day by making pancakes with candy in the batter! Everyone was still in their pajamas, fur tussled and tangled, tears welling up in the corners of their eyes as they yawned every three minutes, which made it difficult to read any instructions. Once they were done with breakfast, they ran to the television to turn on Gooey. It was a delightful and lighthearted way to start the morning.
(gooey = bluey)
do your daily clicks

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA, PALESTINE WILL BE FREE
resistance is justified when people are occupied
IN OUR MILLIONS IN OUR BILLIONS, WE ARE ALL PALESTINIAN
hjarta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:20 am

DAY 1
username: PrincessAlexis
choice: Praise the Gobbess
coins earned: 5 coins (563 words)
prompt:

Nahla decides to praise Gobbess. Goobies have gathered from near and far, all across the area and well beyond, in order to celebrate Goo-volution 2023. The entire family has come and Neteru is here, along with all of the little ones, but Toxic also showed up as well as the two newest Goobies to the family, Bluejay and Spectrum. Some of them are here to party with their fellow Goobies, and oh what a celebration it will be! Some are even here to meet the great Gob himself, especially Anubis, who was particularly looking forward to this event, but something in Nahla tells her that the great Gobbess deserves a second chance. She praises the Gobbess for creating Agels, especially as Agels make up most of the family!

Nahla bows her head quietly, and speaks, although she is not sure the Gobbess can hear her, she has hopes that perhaps that being is a bit omnipotent and knows what is going on all around, or perhaps can hear the Goobies in their very minds and hearts, but for some reason Nahla says the words out loud.

"Oh great Gobbess, in your infinite wisdom you have separated from the great Gob, creating two distinct beings. Through you we know difference, separation, male and female, diab and agel. It is these differences that we celebrate, when we celebrate Goovolution. Without you there would be no reason for these festivities, this season is due to your becoming and creating something anew. The great Gob was here first but you are no less great, having formed yourself from his being and becoming your own creature entirely."

It was words, sure, but it was also a bit of a prayer, so to speak. Nahla hoped the Gobbess was aware of how much many Goobies loved and adored her, even if sometimes it conflicted with the beliefs of the others. Nahla hoped there was room in this world for everyone to have their own feelings, which should be honored and respected even if they differed from that of those around them. Couldn't we all be happy and get along.

Nahla continues... "Oh great Gobbess, if you can hear me now then please join our festivities. Everyone wants to celebrate, and we really hope that you will come back. The world is not complete without you, nor is this party complete without you, because you are one entire half of creation, and you have made us who we are. We honor you for your angelic attributes, your Agel features and your womanly divinity. Come back and give us Agels and female goobies a reason to celebrate again, respect for ourselves and others, and we will honor you exactly as you deserve, however you may desire. Oh dear Gobbess this is my prayer to you."

And with that Nahla bowed her head and sat silently for a moment. She really had a lot on her mind. When she was younger she had paid no heed to tales of Gobs or Gobbesses because they didn't really capture her imagination the way make-believe stories did. They had seemed a bit stuffy or perhaps old-fashioned, but as she grew older and began to care for the little ones she saw what a difference these stories could make, and the impact this history had on little ones, the ability to shape their lives and minds.

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:42 am

DAY 1
username: Eevee55
choice: 1
coins earned: 5 (509 words)
prompt: Lily was helping the other goobies prepare decorations for the goovolution party, alongside her friend Shell and sibling Hope. While the preparations were keeping the three rather busy, Lily did happen to notice Jystyr sitting alone in the clearing, and decided to walk over and see how he was doing. After all, it did not seem right that he was all alone- aside from a few little goos occasionally approaching him, apparently amazed by his goo- while the rest of the area was full of goobies working together or chatting. While it was true Lily had not exactly had very many interactions with Jystyr prior to now, and she felt a bit nervous approaching him out of the blue like this, she did not want him to feel left out.
"I will be back in a bit," Lily told Shell and Hope, both of whom nodded before getting back to work on the little bows they were making to put along the sides of one of the tables of food.
"Hi, Jystyr," Lily spoke up, smiling. "I am Lily, I helped you and some other goobies tell some bedtime stories during Goomas... Um, I just wanted to check on you. And... Maybe ask some questions, if you do not mind? It is alright if you would rather I did not." Lily paused, waiting for an affirmative to continue. She realized she really did not know much about Jystyr, not having been present during the previous goovolution and having had few opportunities to interact with him. Besides, if he was feeling left out at all, maybe some conversation about things that made him happy would cheer him up somewhat! So, she decided to ask some questions that would hopefully turn his thoughts towards things he enjoyed. "What is your favorite food? Do you have any specific hobbies you really enjoy?" As Lily asked Jystyr about his interests, she hoped it would help, even just a little bit. After all... There was about to be a party, a huge celebration, and she did not want anybody feeling alone or left out during such an event.
Though, she did understand her efforts might not be enough. While she had not been present at the time, she had overheard other goobies talk a bit about what had happened at the previous goovolution. Really, just a few comments here and there, since it seemed like a lot of goobies never seemed to talk about it. Not that she blamed them; from what little she had learned, she doubted she would have wanted to talk about it much if she had been there. Battles and fighting were not her thing at all, she much preferred peaceful solutions over conflict. She realized that this event starting might have brought back some rough memories for Jystyr, and she knew there was really nothing she could do about that. Maybe her questions would distract him for a bit, but that was about it. Still, she was determined to do what she could, even if it was not much.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:56 am

DAY 1
username: lucas tazmily
choice: ask the gob a question
coins earned: 5 coins (or 6 i'm a bit unsure if it's per 100 words or just what's listed-)
prompt:

this year's goo-volution was turning out to be one of the most exciting and busiest times of possibly her whole life for amaryllis. a lot of goobies like to celebrate and have fun with their friends and family during this holiday, and this directly leads to many parties and gatherings. these outings definitely require some good tasting food, and as a relatively new owner of a bakery, amaryllis has been working nonstop. she has been given orders of cakes, cookies, and other sweets to be baked, and she always makes sure to put lots of love into all of these treats.

as afternoon turned to evening, amaryllis was finally able to take a break within the kitchen and switch the sign on the door to closed. unfortunately, she still had to deliver a particularly large batch of goodies to one of the bigger parties. as she turned off the lights and walked outside dragging multiple heavy boxes in a little wagon, the sun was setting. it was a beautiful gradient of yellows, oranges, and pinks, and it made her smile. nature was good.

walking along various paths and becoming lost a couple of times, amaryllis eventually made it to the right location. at the party, a set up crew was working diligently to have a properly decorated and prepared party. an orange and brown goobie was setting up tables and chairs. the screeches of the furniture scrapping the floor to be put into better locations made amaryllis cringe a few times. a green goobie with a bright red goo tail was setting up decorations, including some multicolor fairy lights and balloons. a white goobie with golden goo wings seemed to yelling at everyone to keep working. there were also plenty of other goobies just hanging around and chatting, and some little goos seemed to be playing a game of tag. hopefully they wouldn't knock anything over.

amaryllis set the boxes of treats on the table that seemed to have a few other snacks already on it. she then started unpacking, first by taking out the cake, then the frosted cookies, and then the cupcakes. after arranging them all in an aesthetically pleasing way, amaryllis took a few paces backwards to properly admire her work.

in this position, amaryllis noticed a unique looking goobie sitting on the edge of the preparations, just watching. his shiny black goo and bells on his ears gave away who he was, and amaryllis gasped. jystyr, the gob of the diabs, was actually here! this immediately made her think of the gobbess, who had disappeared last amaryllis heard anything.

amaryllis had read up upon the events that happened the last goo-volution some time ago, and one thing she remembered was how the gobbess had flown into the sky, with one of her last words being, 'when I come back." it would make sense if this was the time that the gobbess chose to return. this made amaryllis very uneasy. the gobbess didn't give off much friendly vibes at all, and as a diab herself, amaryllis was also a bit biased towards the gob.

after taking a deep breath and gathering her courage, amaryllis walked up to jystyr. avoiding eye contact but hoping he was listening, amaryllis started to speak. "sorry if i'm bothering you, feel free to tell me if i'm annoying or whatever, haha, but is there any specific reason why you've decided to show up here? i'm probably jumping to conclusions, but is this in any way related to the gobbess?" amayllis bit her tongue. she had definitely said that rather bluntly and desperately hoped the gob wouldn't react in a way she didn't want him to.

[613 words]

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:03 pm

DAY 1
username: bsktcase
choice: 1. ask the gob a question...
coins earned: 4 coins (447 words)
prompt:
goob being used Marvellous

Marvellous wasn’t around for the last goovolution as he wasn’t created yet. Though he doesn’t fully understand what happened. Only hearing stories about the whole altercation between the gob and gobbess. Due to this he had many questions that constantly popped into his mind. Wanting to know exactly what happened since he didn’t see it first hand. So when he spotted the great gob he knew it was his chance. Jystyr looked rather out of place amongst all the other goods. Though he was wary as he made his way to him. Taking shaky steps as he finally was in front of him. Taking note of how uncomfortable the great gob looked at this whole event. Which he found odd simply due to the stories he had heard of how he used to attend them all the time. Though times have changes drastically since then.

“He-Hello my name is Marvellous and if you don’t mind I’d really like to ask you some questions.” he said prancing his front paws up and down nervously. Feeling nervous being around the great gob. Even though he knew he hid among them all for years. It still felt weird to be actually speaking to him. Letting out a shaky breath “I’m sorry… it’s just I wasn’t around last year for the whole, uh, fight? altercation? battle? I don’t know what you called it so I’ve had questions. Others have tried to help explain it, but I’ve been waiting for goovolation to ask the gobbess. Though she isn’t here so I thought I’d ask you. You are Jystyr right?” suddenly worried that he was speaking to the wrong goob. Thinking he completely embarrassed himself in front of a random goob. Hanging his head low in shame tell a young goo came up to praise the great gob.

Instantly lifting his head again as he let out a breath of relief. So he was standing in front of Jystyr “Oh thank the gobbess you are Jystyr… uh sorry. You probably don’t like that phrase much.” he said with a small nervous laugh. Any embarrassment he felt just moments okay transforming back to nervousness. Taking a deep breath as he prepared himself to finally ask him a question. “What caused you and the gobbess to have a falling out? That’s been on my mind since I heard the story of last year’s goovolution. I mean only answer it if you want to!” feeling worried that he may feel pressured to answer him. So he tried to reassure him it would be fine if he didn’t answer. Even if letting the question go answered my burden him forever. He’d rather not make the gob upset.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:06 pm

DAY 1
username: imabanditø
choice: 4. celebrate with friends/family
coins earned: based off what was said in the discord #questions channel, im pretty sure this would be 3 colored fullbodies-? that’d be 18 coins in total
prompt: neptune, pathos, and sol reunite for another year of goo-volution happenings - they vow to stick with each other no matter what.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:53 pm

DAY 1
username: strawberrymwilk
choice: 1. ask the gob a question...
coins earned: 4
prompt:
anasuya wants to know if jystyr thinks the gobbess will return at all

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annaebell » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:32 pm

DAY 1
username: annaebell
choice: 1 - ask the gob a question.
coins earned: 10
prompt:

A small goobie, who could very easily be mistaken as a young goob despite their ancient age, had been spending their time helping for the upcoming goo-volution event. Helping several goobies to decorate and set up booths.

Amara often liked to lend a paw wherever they were able to. They, much like the Gob himself, had found it much more pleasant to be around the diabs and agels of the world. They brought much joy for the little Gob of brood despite their mortality.

Most goobies were well informed about Amara being a Major Gob, too. They didn't hide the fact from anyone. They saw no reason or need to. If any asked, Amara was truthful about it. Plus, it was especially hard to hide when they Gobly trait they had been born with was so blatant and obvious. Hiding it would be a miracle.

Their moon mask was not something easily hid. Unless, of course, all those around the Gob had nothing but overwhelming positive feelings. That would make their moon become a waning crescent and perhaps even a new moon.

But no, Amara took their time to enjoy the various celebrations of the mortals. Taking part in events and even hosting games here and there.

They loved the agels and the diabs. To Amara they almost felt like siblings. Having both come from the Gob and the Gobess like they themself had.

Still... Even as they worked hard to set up for the Goo-volution, they could not stop themself from getting a little side tracked from their tasks...

Amara had long forgotten their current job as they peeked over an empty table to peer at the red and blue goobie sitting amist a slowly growing crowd.

They watched as goobies and goos alike approached the Great Gob in his mortal form.

It felt strange to see him so... So... Amara didn't have the words to discribe the way Jystyr looked. They had memories of the Gob but they weren't anything like this.

What exactly had happened while they slept for so long?

Since their awakening when the Gob and Gobess last met, Amara had been dying to confront either of them about what had happened. But no opportunities arose until this day.

Although... The very thought of confronting either about what had happened between them had feeling Amara a little unease. And thus their mask, moon shaped and emotion driven, became waning gibbous. Hiding most of their face from view.

They could almost sense a lot of conflict and... Misunderstandings. They hope that their gut feeling is not wrong. And that's all this is; A simple misunderstanding that can be easily fixed with some explaining.

What doesn't help the situation is the fact that many Goobies have already surrounded Jystyr to ask about the Gobbess and her whereabouts. Some seem far more interested in her than they do in poor Jystyr.

It saddens Amara to watch. Their moon mask now becoming full. Gob or not, Jystyr is still a goobie like that rest of them. He should still be treated with kindness in these uncertain times. Or a least a little bit of respect.

Besides, none of them truly know what happened until Jystyr - or the Gobbess, if she chooses to make an appearance - explains the situation of their falling out.

Amara, after watching silently and still for a moment, finally gets the courage to move from their spot behind a table. The poor goobie trying to set up seems relieved when Amara finally moves away.

With ease, they are able to shuffle past the other goobies surrounding Jystyr. Glad for once about their small size when compared to most. They also step carefully around the tiny goos, not wanting to hurt a single one.

They then take a seat besides Jystyr, simply starting up at him for a moment. Watching. Observing. They are interested to see how he will react to all of the questions thrown his way by uncertain goobies.

And for a brief, brief moment, Amara wonders if Jystyr even remembers them. Or if he remembers Minato or Anasuya. Or any of the other goos made from his union with the Gobbess.

The Gobbess...

Amara wants to ask about her so badly. Their other parent is missing and they can't help but worry. When will she be back? Why isn't she here now? They aren't even sure about what happened to cause this falling out to happen in the first place.

And... As the Gob Of Brood, they feel partly responsible for this. They represented the love between the two beings. Did they not love enough? Did they not do their job? Is it their fault that the Gobbess has left?

All these questions float around inside Amara's brain. There's so many to ask and not nearly enough time to have them all answered. And poor, poor Jystyr is already being hounded by questions left and right from others.

Instead, Amara chooses to voice a question that is far more personal than anything anyone else is asking. It's their own question and one from the heart.

"Do... Do you remember me?" They ask in a small, soft voice as they look up longingly at the Great Gob. "I-is it my fault...?"

They wish so badly that they could look at Jystyr directly, with all six of their eyes. To see him fully as he reacts to their questions.

There is, however, too much animosity between the goobies now to allow their mask to falter. It remains firmly full as the goobies around them desperately seek answers, their face remaining hidden from all.

And maybe... Somehow... There is still a small part of Amara that wishes to remain hidden from the world. From the goobies and from the Great Gob himself who sits before them. No doubt thinking over the many questions asked.

Amara was a fool for asking. And begins to doubt themself for seeking out Jystyr.

Was this all just one big lost cause?
annaebell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupiine » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:20 pm

DAY 1