A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby Myst_c » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Myst_c
Link to sign up post: Hope we can use Pip :>
Prompt response:
"Hot." Pip replied, "There isn't much cold weather there except for the rain, it's where I'm from but not where I'm living now. Yes, some times for a month or two to visit some familiar faces but overall that's just it. Don't remember much." Then, as Pip paused for a few seconds , thinking hard to remember his homeland as a why to pass some time, "Oh! I do remember every Friday night my family would go to this amazing restuarant where we would sit in a hut outside and eat in there." Smiling bright, thinking back of when they did that ever since Pip was younger, "Yeah... That was fun. My town was a small town, A village you fan say, a main marketplace where they displayed food outside inside of in a store, Everybody so friendly and so safe there, I mean, you don't need permission to go over a friend's house, just wait by their gate and they'll let you in." A tiny chuckle escaped. "Yeah... it actually sounds much better than I describe it Carter, you should go there sometime!"
Last edited by Myst_c on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myst_c | she/her
    inactive for 2 years,
    recently came back
    ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · credit

Myst_c

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Drasheep
Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response:
Uktena paused. This was something she hadn't contemplated in a long time. She audibly sighed.
"I've practically got two lives, dude. Old and new, lost and now." She gazed at the sky.
In my first life, I was born into this ancient order way up in the mountains. The Tribe of Dragon Whispers. They decided that I was some sort of chosen one, destined to spread their nonsense or whatever." She shrugged. "I guess I believed it back then." Another minute of silence passed before she resumed speaking. "It was alright, I was treated well. My friends weren't though. We'd go off and have some fun, doing good stuff, like sneaking out at night and climbing cliffs. I'd get praised for my bravery. My friends got punished."
She shuddered. "They did horrible things to them, but were sworn to secrecy with threats of further abuse. Eventually they told me though, and that's when reality broke for me. Just changed. I realized I was in a dumb cult that revered dragons to an unhealthy degree, and I ran away with my friends. That was the end of my first life. We lived in the wild for a long time, but eventually we just went our separate ways. I got a job teaching sword-fighting in a town in some woods an hour or two from where the cruise set off, it's real nice there. It was easy to fit in. Lots of misfits from all over the continent, honestly there were plenty of weirdos like me. It was secluded and hidden too, perfect for hiding from my past. I don't like to think about my first life much. I prefer to just... not. It was easy to forget it there. I made some more friends too, I miss 'em, but it's nice to be on my own. It's great there. As nice as it is, I've missed a good 'ol adventure though." At this she looked up, smiling. "I guess this is just the place, huh."
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: booshweasel
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&start=10#p125966103
Prompt response:

Cassidy tilts her head, biting her lip as she thinks back to her childhood. "Well, I grew up in the big city. Bright lights, traffic jams spanning twelve city blocks, and pushing your way through crowds to get to where you're going. It's a lot to take in, but the tall buildings and the constant noise all hours of the day... It grows on you. You get used to the traffic and the crowds, the melodious sounds of car horns and chatter. It becomes your home, and you can somehow never escape it." She says fondly, her expression growing distant as she relives memories.

"I grew up in an average house with a small yard and two loud neighbors. I lived on a busy street, and the sidewalk was never empty. My school was only three blocks away, so I walked most days. I didn't really mind it, in fact I liked it quite a bit." She laughs a little, "Hell, I remember a time I was walking to school and I found a key just laying on the ground. I thought it was the key to a treasure chest, and I spent a week looking for the chest after school!"

Her face falls a little as she slowly speaks, "It was great... But it didn't last. My family hated the big city and we moved to the country when I was 16. It was absolutely awful, and thankfully I only had to suffer for two years in that forbidden wasteland before I went off to college, back to the city!"

"I guess you could say I was pretty lucky. I had a good childhood for the most part. I came from my favorite place on earth, and I love that." She beams. "But enough about me... What about you?"

[300 words]

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KokichiOma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: KokichiOma
Link to sign-up post: XXX
Prompt response:
Agaricus is usually the quiet type and prefers solitude. Actually he's not entirely sure why he even went on this trip, it's totally out of his scene. He gives a short sigh and looks at the other kalon before him.
"Quiet.." His slightly creepy voice usually breaks any sort of pleasant atmosphere, but this kalon didn't seem to mind. "I live alone in a cabin." Agaricus looks down at his paws and frowns (more so thenhe already was). "This place is loud. I'd rather be home, gardening.. Caring for my fungi." He turns his head away with a little humming noise.
"Fungi? Oh so ya grow mushrooms then?" Carter continues with their work as he questions the other, grim looking kal.
"..Yes..." Agaricus lets out slowly, thinking it over. "I.. quite enjoy it." This questioning seems to have brought him a little bit out of his shell. "I don't have any neighbours to really worry about.. No one bothers me where I live."
"So why'd you come out 'ere if you were so content where you was before?" That's a good question, Agaricus thought.
"..An old friend told me I shouldn't stay cooped up all my life." He mutters. He shook his head. "He.. was very convincing unfortunately. A-actually I don't even know how he found me, I never told anyone of my home." For a moment he seems a little disturbed by this but brushes it off.
"Well you'll be goin' home soon, I'm sure of it." Carter chuckles. "What about your little cabin then? What's that like?"
"Overgrown." The dark green kal answers quickly. "Cluttered but not in a bad way... It's... Cozy? I um... Built it myself actually." He seems almost embarrassed to admit to this.
"Yourself? I didn't take ya for the carpentin' type!" The bubbly kal laughs again. "Go on."
"O-oh, right.. Well... Like I said, it's dark... Cluttered.. An aroma that takes getting used to..But I like it there." There's a tiny sliver of a smile on the dark kalon's lips before it dissipates. "The leeches are a problem though." He shakes his head again. "But.. That's really all there is to know of my home."

[362 words!]
Formerly formerly Matt Miller (changed on 28/07/18)
Formerly WR600 #021 753 034 (changed on 05/02/18)
KokichiOma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Meridiem
Link to sign-up post: Here
Prompt response:

Nemo nods his head towards Carter, a silent thank you for the seat. He brushed off the dirt and sand mixture that was resting there and plopped down. He hummed for a second, signaling to Carter he was thinking about what to say. What is home like?

Nemo cleared his throat, "Well I grew up in a big city, still live in a city today, just not as big and not the same city obviously," He paused for another moment to think about what more there was to say.

"Well's you've gotta know more 'bout your life than that. C'mon tell me more." Carter leaned in more.

"Ummm... well..." Nemo scratched his head, making his bell ring.

"How'bout you tell me 'bout that there bell," pointing to the big bell that hung around Nemo's neck.

"Oh! Well, that's an anniversary gift my lovely boyfriend Mason gave me. My favorite color is red," pointing to his glasses as it was an obvious statement, "And so Mason saw this at the small pawnshop and thought of me and how he is always telling me i scare him because I'm sneaky and such and how I need to wear a bell and so here we are." Nemo laughed finishing that last statement. Carter grinned and let out a chuckle.

"Well sounds like you've got a good'ome." Carter went back to work and Nemo stared into the sky.

"There is also this cool bakery that I used to work at. We serve all sorts of weird and crazy dessert combos. Like they have this donut thing but its full of liquid chocolate!" Nemo scared a few birds in a nearby tree when he raised his voice about chocolate, "The baker never told me how he gets the chocolate inside but I've checked and believe me there are no holes anywhere!" Nemo sat back, almost falling off the stump daydreaming about the dessert, "I bet we would have your favorite dessert there. What is your favorite dessert?"

"Erm, you'd have to let me think 'bout that one." Nemo nodded and rested his head in his hands.

"So tell me about this lovely place!" Carter smiled and started talking about the little island.

(367 words)
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skylark » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: skylark / Link to sign-up post: link

...........Aoi let out a sigh of relief as she sat on the nearby stump. The crash had left her pretty shaken up, but being surrounded by nature again finally allowed her to calm her nerves. She ran her fingers through her long, black hair, pulling out the tie that kept it tucked away, and allowed it all to fall heavily upon her shoulders. The leaves rustled in the salty breeze, the birds crooned their island melodies, and time seemed to stand still for just a moment.

..........."Why, you're not falling asleep, are you?"
    Aoi jumped a bit. How embarrassing, it seems she had been!
    ..........."Oh, I'm sorry! It's just been a really long day."
    ..........."I'm sure it has!" Carter struck the rocks with his chisel again. "Where are you traveling from?"
    ...........Aoi bashfully replied. "I'm from Japan, actually. The Gifu Prefecture. Thank you for asking,"
    ..........."Japan, huh? That's amazing. Must be awful different from where you are now."
    ..........."It's not that different," she paused, taking in her surroundings. "The village that I'm from is very immersed in nature. We live among the mountains and the rivers. There are so many animals, and beautiful trees.." She trailed off. "Ahh, well, this is the first trip I've ever taken by myself. I just turned eighteen, ahah, and my family saved up some money for my birthday. So when I saw this cruise advertised in the newspaper, I just couldn't help but purchase myself a ticket. But I guess it didn't go as planned." She laughed a bit and looked away.

...........Carter paused his work for a moment and turned towards the young girl. He spoke warmly.
    ..........."Awh, well, I'm sorry t'hear that. But we here on the island will make sure you enjoy your time here."
    ...........He went back to his work. Aoi smiled gratefully. Finally, she was beginning to feel better about this trip. [313]
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: SilhouetteStation
Link to sign-up post: here

Prompt response:
This cruise certainly hadn't shaped up as expected. It had been easy for Annie to let her friends convince her to go - encouraging words of "You deserve it!" and "Have you seen the price? You can't afford not to go!" It wasn't something she'd normally do, go off on a cruise alone, but it had seemed like an opportunity for adventure and so she'd agreed. Everything had been wonderful at first, all sun and sea, but the ship's 'unexpected technical difficulties' had taken her by surprise. She was just thankful they had the island to fall back on.

And what a wonderful island it was! The weather was perfectly warm, the water so clear and blue, the sand between her toes…sigh. What a dream. This lush island was an absolute paradise. And of course, the locals were a highlight. So friendly and welcoming! Especially this Carter fellow. Annie was eager to make a new friend, and so it had seemed a fun idea to go and visit him again. She sat by, watching him work, enjoying his company and the soft birdsong. At his question, her eyes lit up at the prospect of this new conversation.

"Oh, I don't often get the chance to travel like this," she began. "My friends were the one who convinced me to go. It's been nice to have a break, for sure, and visit such a lovely place. Maybe we didn't expect to visit here exactly," she laughed, "but you're all so lucky to live here, and I'm really thankful for everyone's kindness."

She took a moment before continuing. "So I'm from the city - not right in the middle, but more on the edge - so very different to here. I don't like the traffic sometimes, but the hustle and bustle keeps me busy, which I do like. I live in a split house apartment; so I live on the bottom floor, and other people live up top. Sometimes their cat comes down for a visit, so that's a big bonus. My street is quiet, and there's a little park at the end. I much prefer the bigger park nearer the city center. A lot more trees, a lot more 'calmness.' Nothing compared to this," she said with a gentle sigh. "You guys are really living with nature."

Her expression changed to a more thoughtful one. "I do try and keep nature around me. Air plants and ferns and all that. And I appreciate having time to myself. This holiday is certainly wonderful, but there is a part of me that still loves being in the city, y'know? It's where I was born and raised. Literally, actually," she giggled. "Guess you could say I didn't get too far. Guess I'm a bit of a homebody. But anyway!" She suddenly said, giving him a smile. "Enough about me! It must be wonderful, living here all the time. Would you tell me about it?"
(490w)
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Takk
Link to sign-up post: boop
Prompt response:

"Let's see..." Hylo mutters, crossing his four arms as he thought of home. What was home like right now? Quiet? Empty? The weather wasn't anything to brag about for sure, not compared to this place. He takes a seat, chuckling slightly too himself. "Don't be too disappointed, okay? My life isn't very exciting."
---
We live in Oregon, decently far south but the border to Cali is still a ways. It rains a less there than Washington but it also is a hybrid of worse and better weather. Heat is stronger, cold is more brutal, and there's not one umbrella in the house despite having lived there for so long. We own a dog, a shiba inu to be specific, and a domestic short haired cat. Our Shiba is pure white and her name is Yoko. Our black 'n white princess is Duchess, and she constantly gets on Yoko's nerves whenever she gets the chance. Our home was quiet before we got a dog, but we love her too much and the change she brought was nice and needed.
We have a big property too, mostly trees than yard but we've got a small flat spot for gathering with friends and such. The driveway is dirt and gravel, it gets pretty muddy after a good rain but it's home for sure. I work in a small dental office while my mate helps run a local art museum. A simple life, an easy one... Not much happens in our town these days and that's ok! Change every once in a while comes naturally and usually quite unexpectedly
This last year for example, the drought went on for almost two whole months. The heavy dew made for a great mushroom season and the bee population doubled in our area. Sadly fireworks were banned and forest fires were on high, but other good things came from it I suppose. Sheesh, rambling much? Sorry about that... Really my life is quite stable, and I'm content with that. This whole trip was a surprise and very odd for me but when luck lays good cards on the table just for you, one can't pass them up! Even if I'm content, I do love the adventure and surprise in spontaneous mishap!
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Cosmi
Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response:

"Well uh... where I'm from is very different from this island." Pip said shyly.

Carter stared at Pip as if he was expecting more. For what felt like years, silence was the only thing exchanged between the two Kalons.

Then....

"OH!" Pip said excitedly

"Where I'm from, there's fields of green as far as the eye can see. I like to run around the fields a lot! I wish this island wasn't so tiny... it doesn't feel like home when I can't be free to go wherever I want. You feel the same, right Carter?" Pip asked.

Carter tilted their head to the side, thinking of their answer.

Finally, Carter spoke, "I don't know anything else besides the islands, so it's a bit hard not knowing what I have never experienced. Freedom has never really been something that's frequently on my mind. Although, you have my sympathy. I'm sure this whole ruined cruise must be horrible."

With a sigh, Pip took a seat. Carter soon followed in Pip's steps.

"I probably ruined the mood, didn't I?'' Carter said.

Pip looked over at Carter and smiled, "You didn't ruin anything, Carter. How about I tell you more about my home? You already know about the plains, but I haven't told you about the forest. It's right next to the plains, separated by a small creek. Every spring we get the most beautiful white butterflies. I love chasing after them."

"That sounds amazing. Maybe I should go there one day..." Carter pondered

"You should." Grinned Pip.

ImageImage
Cosmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: DoubleInfiniti
Link to sign-up post: Yeet.
Prompt response: Fawkes twiddled his thumbs as he pondered the question. He looked as if he was debating on actually talking, but he finally decided to be honest.

“Well, I’m not from earth to be frank. I know that it may seem crazy because I don’t look like an alien but I come from another planet that’s galaxies away!” Fawkes exclaimed as a big grin appeared on his face.

“It was a very dense planet, too. The air on Earth feels significantly lighter than my home but it also has less wildlife. We had no civilization on my planet. In fact, me and my creator were the only two beings that existed on that planet! The rest of my home consisted of what humans here think of as a tropical rainforest. There is life blooming all around on my planet along with beautiful creatures that dwell in their habitats. It is a peaceful planet and is even considered to be a sanctuary. The flowers that grow on me were a gift that I was born with- a representation of my home. It reminds me of my roots often.” He looked fondly in the distance, as if imagining what his planet looked like now.

“Anyway,” Fawkes continued. “I left because of the lack of company. I needed a more diverse population and that’s when I found Earth! It’s overpopulated but I have learned a lot of new things. This planet gives me an opportunity to expand my knowledge and I look forward to learning what a vacation is all about on this planet.”

(260 words)

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me