🧶 Blobcats Lorebook & Species Info

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

🧶 Blobcats Lorebook & Species Info

Postby OMGit`sKairi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:50 am

Blobcats Lorebook & Species Info Thread
Companion thread for Blobcats!

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

Please do not post.
Last edited by OMGit`sKairi on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image ♫ Image ♫ Image Image

OMGit`sKairi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: U/C Please do not post.

Postby OMGit`sKairi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:51 am

​Well, we think so. We're not quite sure where they came from...

» Blobcats--as we've started calling them-- are rotund little felines, with the adults reaching no larger than 3 pounds. They are laid-back, curious creatures, each of whom have their own distinct personality, likes, and dislikes.

» Each Blobcat has a small heart-shaped marking on their left ear. We're not sure whether these marks serve any purpose, but they're pretty dang cute, if we do say so ourselves...

» Blobcats seem to be found in endless colours and patterns, and some may even have extra appendages or appear wearing clothes!

» It was recently discovered that Blobcats don't seem to mind water. Some of them even appear to enjoy it.

» Blobcats possess prehensile tails! They are able to grasp and move objects with their tails.

» The first Blobcat to be discovered approached the Caretaker one day as they were tending their garden. Juniper quickly made herself at home and has since become the shelter mascot.

» Keep an eye on this thread to see new information as the shelter staff care for and attempt to research these new furry friends!

Back to top.
Last edited by OMGit`sKairi on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

OMGit`sKairi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: U/C Please do not post.

Postby OMGit`sKairi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:51 am

Caretaker's Journal #1 - 5/21/23

______________As promised when Blobcats were first discovered, we are going to be
updating this journal with information on our new furry friends as we discover it! We
will include the previously-discovered information in this post as well;

Lore Update #1 - 9/23/22 wrote:Well, today we have discovered that Blobcats don't seem to mind water. Some even seem to like it!
Shelter staff set up a lawn sprinkler to water some of our garden beds, and later returned to discover
Juniper and #9 playing in the water. They were jumping through the spray and batting at the rotating
sprinkler head! Perhaps if we provide them a kiddie pool (and supervision) they may enjoy that as
well. We can't wait to see what we can learn next about our new furry friends~ > Original post <

Lore Update #2 - 11/1/22 wrote:It has been discovered that Blobcats possess prehensile tails! They are able to grasp and move objects
with their tails. It is unclear however, whether their tails would be able to support their body weight.
> Original post <

______________Now several months later, we have steadily been discovering more
about Blobcats! We have been taking notes on the types of things they like to eat. So
far, we have learned that Blobcats seem to really enjoy eating plants, fruit, and veggies.
They also catch and eat insects on occasion. They will eat meat if it is offered to them
but seem to have no desire to hunt for it.

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

Caretaker's Journal #2 - 5/24/23

______________Hi all! We hadn't planned to post the second entry in this journal so
soon after the first one, but we've noticed something new and we wanted to share it
with all of you. Species mascot Juniper has been acting differently. She has been
observed eating more than usual and a flower seems to have grown from the heart
marking on her ear! We'll include a photo of her and keep you all posted on any new
information as we come across it!

> Previous Entry
Last edited by OMGit`sKairi on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OMGit`sKairi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🧶 Blobcats Lorebook & Species Info

Postby OMGit`sKairi » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:20 pm

Caretaker's Journal #3 - 8/20/23

______________As promised when Blobcats were first discovered, we are going to be
updating this journal with information on our new furry friends as we discover it!

______________We mentioned in Caretaker's Journal #2, that a flower was seen to have
sprouted from the heart marking on species mascot Juniper's ear. After roughly two weeks
however, the flower was gone and Juniper was found sleeping in a nest made of grass and
twigs beside a strange seed. We have included a photo of the seed.

______________Image

______________Some time later the seed seems to have grown into a Blobcat! This
discovery leads us to believe that Blobcats are at least part plant!

______________Image

OMGit`sKairi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me