πŸͺ|Planetary Prompt Game (Sima Summer 2023)|πŸͺ - Day 26

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

πŸͺ|Planetary Prompt Game (Sima Summer 2023)|πŸͺ - Day 26

Postby Gallifrey » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:10 am

[Space Bananas]
Planetary Prompt Game

|| Space Observatory|| Space Surfing || Planetary Prompt Game || Stellar Nursery || Galactic Gateway ||

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As you walk though the Space Observatory, an odd sight catches your eye. An alcove, dimly lit but clearly bustling with activity. Inside, a sima is rushing around, muttering to themself and eating a strange-looking banana. "Oh where did I put that.." She seems almost excited despite her anxious searching. You wonder why. A few moments later, you are startled from your reverie by a loud "Ah, found you!" as the sima pulls some dusty looking charts from below a shelf.

As she proceeds to unroll the charts on a nearby table, the sima turns to you and smiles. "Welcome! I didn't notice you there. My apologies. Now that you're here though, please follow me. We shall step into the wonder and mystery of the night. My name is Ceres and I read the stars. I do hope you enjoy our little adventure. Don't worry, I had everyone sign a waver beforehand, so it's all perfectly safe."

*coughcoughcough* β€œUgh, it seems I’ve *cough* gotten some kind of space *cough* bug. Everything hurts. *cough* How about you *coughcough* tell me about experiences with *cough* space sickness or side effects? *coughcough* I’m going to lay down….."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to Post:
- Read through the prompt above (in purple)
- Fill out your form with your response
- Answers can be from you or your sima
- Roleplay style, 1st person, ect is all fine
- Rolls for this will be every other day

Rules:
- Do NOT use, trade or gift items earned from this thread till they are added to your official sima item archive!

- You may only post on this thread once a day.

- Only post forms, nothing else.

- Use the correct username in your form, no nicknames please!

- Failing to fill out the form correctly will have you skipped for the current day!
> This means if you put the incorrect username in your form, have the wrong day number or leave any section of the form blank you'll not receive a reward from the thread for the current day! You'll still be able to post the next day, just fill out the form correctly.

Code: Select all
[b]πŸͺ Let me read the stars! πŸͺ[/b]

[size=85][b]Username;;[/b]
[b]User ID;;[/b]
[b]Day;;[/b]
[b]Answer;;[/b]
[/size]

My Star Charts

---------------------------

Stardust Roll;;
1-40 - 10 Stardust | 41-80 - 15 Stardust | 81-100 - 20 Stardust

Item rolls;
1-50 - common | 51-85 - uncommon | 86 - 98 - rare | 99-100 - legendary

---------------------------

Common
1-25 - Galaxy Milkshake | 26-50 - Eclipse Glasses | 51-75 - Asteroid Belt Buckles | 76-100 - Space Vacuum

Uncommon
1-33 - Space Jam | 34-67 - Cosmic Concoction | 68-100 - Galaxy Burst Candy

Rare
1-50 - Quadruplicate Soul Charm | 51-100 - Astronaut Food

Legendary
1-100 - Moon Boots

Last edited by Gallifrey on Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:52 am, edited 13 times in total.
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸͺ|Planetary Prompt Game (Sima Summer 2023)|πŸͺ - Day 1

Postby Chamrosh » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:46 pm

πŸͺ Let me read the stars! πŸͺ

Username;; Chamrosh
User ID;; 637369
Day;; 1
Answer;; My eldest brother is doing a PhD in astrophysics. I suppose I could just point at that and say that's what I mean, but that's too easy.

When he was doing uni open days, my parents would bring me along because you don't leave a preteen alone all day in the house. I'd get lead around in the group and be the youngest consistently.
I got to see a lot of star related things in the time between my brother deciding he wanted to do physics at uni and him actually going.
Most of the time the people running the events could tell I wasn't super experienced with physics and would explain things to me a bit while the actual uni candidates worked out what questions to ask.

The two that most stand out to me were the computer model of the Milky Way that my brother's uni had with accurate star placements (which my brother would work on 3 years later) and the huuuuuge observatory outside the uni town, set with a little wood nearby where they had a to-scale model of the inner solar system and space facts on plaques on the trees, but then we could see inside the Observatory dome.

I much prefer biology, but astrophysics is very easily the part of physics I like best.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:06 pm

Username;; Eevee55
User ID;; 1033286
Day;; 1
Answer;; Sadie has always loved the stars. Staring up at the night sky has always been one of the easiest and most successful forms of distraction from a stressful day or from any feelings of confusion and uncertainty. The night sky feels familiar yet ever-changing, all at the same time. Sadie enjoys watching the moon change between phases over time, and looking for constellations. Sometimes, Sadie even makes up new constellations by looking for shapes made up of the stars. Kind of like cloud watching, except at night!
One time, Sadie even saw a shooting star! It was very unexpected, but it felt truly magical to see the sudden flash of light. Since then, Sadie has been trying to recreate what it looked like in a painting. None of the attempts so far have really been able to do the moment justice in Sadie's opinion, but it is a lot of fun to try!
Overall, stargazing is a great source of peace and entertainment for Sadie.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:55 am

Username;; Clementine Cloud
User ID;; 476020
Day;; 1
Answer;; When your vision deteriorates it is not always obvious, at least for me it was not. "You dont know what you're missing" like they say. But when it comes to seeing the stars, the moon, the night sky... you can be missing a lot. I always loved astronomy, observing and learning about the stars above. But when recently I learned I needed glasses I was most excited to see the stars and the moon again, see what they truly could look like. When my glasses finally came in I waited until that evening, put them on and went out. It wasnt to an especially dark place, just simply my own backyard. And yet, when I could truly see the beauty of the night sky... I cried. I had forgotten just how much you could see and the detail of the tiniest stars and the craters and mare of the moon, it was overwhelming. But in a good way. It really made me appreciate the wonder of the stars above us every day!
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:57 am

Username;; Vraska the Unseen
User ID;; 224548
Day;; 1
Answer;;
Astaroth pulled one of his ears away from his head, brow quirking with interest towards the question before a very soft laugh left his chest. The jewel eater settled himself before he spoke, tapping the geode at the end of his tail lightly against the ground. "I'm married to the god of the stars. I happened to be gazing out at them from the cave one night, whispering silent prayers to be taken away from that wretched cavern I lived in and I was... Wished away to a land of mist and peace. And there he was, Deus, massive for the time but he'd saved me. He'd been listening to my prayers to the stars nightly and finally the stars answered me
"
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rewind » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:45 am

Username;; rewind
User ID;; 392696
Day;; 1
Answer;;
Sometimes camaraderie can be hard to find. In college, you sometimes have to carve out a little space for yourself. I was lucky- the Aeronautics Club welcomed me with open arms.
We all had busy, hectic schedules. Aviation training is rigorous for all three offered tracks: Pilots, maintainers, and ATC alike. The club could only meet on fair weather days, often late in the afternoon. We'd get together and fly our RC planes until it was literally too dark to see them, then we'd fly the ones with lights till the batteries ran out.
The flying was fun, the crashing less so, but what sticks out in my mind, and why it comes to mind when you talk about the stars, is that after everyone packs in and stores their gear, we'd shut down the field lights and one of the club members would get out his telescope and show us the stars. He'd point out nebulae and planets to us very patiently, even those of us who couldn't always see them (me, haha)
I come from a tourist town choked with light pollution and shrouded in trees. The other club members were all from the big city. The stars weren't something we could see much back in our respective homes, but right there, in that lonely farm field in the middle of nowhere, you could see the Milky Way.
I can't put it in words, but those nights are a treasured memory.
About:
life's a bit like my stevie nicks cassette,
you can't go back.
you've no choice but to go forward.

"rewind walks around in an all-camo suit
trying to find another way to enter the
fae realm. No one saw anything."
rewind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Username;; Rondell
User ID;; 4680
Day;; 1
Answer;;
    Chell's parents are both aliens - beings from another world. As such, she's always been curious about her ancestry, and spent many nights as a child just sitting on the porch roof and gazing up at the sky. Was it that star they came from? Or that one? Maybe... that one...? Her parents hadn't been navigators an were unable to provide a solid answer. All they were able to do was tell stories of the planet itself, and what their lives had been like, and why they had left. They also had memories of different places they had stopped before settling on earth. Stories of all the strange places and creatures and people! So, without being sure which star she should be focusing on, Chell made a game of picking a different star every night and imagining what planets may be in orbit around it. She made up all sorts of things - ice planets with twelve-eyed fluffballs that burrowed through nitrogen snow like earthly moles, water worlds where house-sized jellyfish drifted upside-down above boiling sulfurous seas, lush globes dominated by forests that grew thick and fast and carried on secret sentient lives while six-armed lemurs swung through their branches... Oblivious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gallifrey » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:44 am

Closed for Day 1!

Day 1 Rolls:

- Chamrosh - Asteroid Belt Buckles
- Eevee55 - Space Vacuum
- Clementine Cloud - 20 Stardust
- Vraska the Unseen - Eclipse Glasses
- Rewind - Galaxy Burst Candy
- Rondell - Galaxy Milkshake

You my now post for Day 3!
Last edited by Gallifrey on Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸͺ|Planetary Prompt Game (Sima Summer 2023)|πŸͺ - Day 3

Postby Chamrosh » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:42 am

Username;; Chamrosh
User ID;; 637369
Day;; 3
Answer;; The universe is functionally infinite in size, in the sense that with some galaxies on the other side of the observable universe travelling near the speed of light, and having done so for 14 billion years, we're never going to be able to observe anything. In a sense, the existence of aliens is an unfalsifiable hypothesis, so it's bad science to say for sure that there are aliens, but it's still hard to think there'd be nothing.
Life developed (on a geological scale) very quickly after Earth started to cool down into distinct tectonic plates, and a lot of how life works is a simple result of chemistry, so it's pretty easy for very simple life (eg archaea) / "life" (eg prions and viruses) to form. With an estimated 100 billion planets just in the Milky Way it's very hard to believe nowhere has developed anything else on at least the level of archaea or bacteria. Not having developed from a common ancestor with our archaea/bacteria, they'd need to get their own names, but I'm fine with saying "archaea like" or "bacteria like" until any are definitively found.

Once life gets to a certain point, evolution into more and more complex things gets quicker and quicker, and intelligence is a very useful trait to a species. However, the longer an organism has to evolve, the more opportunities there are to be left with something very different to us, even if it has shared useful traits. Many of the most difficult or complicated things to evolve have happened multiple times (eg eyes, eukaryotic merger, wings, respiration) or modularly (eg hearts, spines), with only a few being reserved to single branches of life.

It's hard to predict exactly, because we have a thoroughly explored sample size of 1 with Earth, but with 2x10^81 planets (very roughly) it seems extremely unlikely there's nothing else alive.
On the other hand, we have a sample size of 1 to base off, and obviously, only a planet which happens to be suitable will be able to produce life; a confirmation bias is inherent and unavoidable. But if it's possible here, it does seem unlikely that it's not possible elsewhere with the sheer scale of the universe.

There was a news report released in the last few days from an xenobiologist who claimed that the NASA Viking probe probably found life in the only check we've done for life in Mars, but by pumping water into a sample of extremophiles, they probably killed everything in the sample. We know Sol is a star that's compatible with life (so we know that there's relatively good odds for life here over other places), we know Mars was made from the same batch of rocks as Earth, it has long volcanic tunnels under the surface that could shelter organisms from solar radiation, and we know it had ancient water; it's literally a perfect candidate for looking for simple life.
I'm also inclined to think there's archaea-like life in Europa.
I doubt there's anything more complicated than single cell prokaryotes elsewhere in the solar system, but there's an awful lot else of galaxy to explore before ruling out finding something like us that's close enough for us to meaningfully communicate with them.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸͺ|Planetary Prompt Game (Sima Summer 2023)|πŸͺ - Day 3

Postby Eevee55 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 am

Username;; Eevee55
User ID;; 1033286
Day;; 3
Answer;; Savannah is very curious about potential life on other planets. Space and other planets in general are very interesting to them, and they enjoy learning everything they can about those subjects. Though they have never encountered an alien themself, they do think it would be really cool to meet one someday. They enjoy learning about other individuals and their experiences, especially if they differ significantly from their own. They think that hearing about what life on other planets is like from someone who has actually lived there would be fascinating.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me