| Datwon Island | Training |

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

| Datwon Island | Training |

Postby Berenice. » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:24 am

Training your horses plays a vital role in this sim. It will eventually change your horse’s personalities, change their stats and their abilities to perform in different competitions and shows. While conformation stats cannot be changed, general stats like stamina and speed can be. Certain horses will naturally be better at specific things. Drafts might be stronger than warmbloods, but warmbloods might be more agile. Because of this, you should think about your main focus during training and what you aim to compete in instead of training just so your horses don’t end up becoming untrainable. Geldings and sterilised mares will gain more stats during training sessions and will generally have better attitudes towards training and competing. That doesn’t go to say stallions and mares won’t be champions. With the correct amount of training, either can win a competition. However, even the beta of horses have bad days. So don’t expect every training session to be a success. A note will be given as well as any stats your horse has gained during training, explaining what happened or what went wrong if your horse had a bad day! Please take a look at the guide if you’re confused or need a summary. Or simply ask a member of staff!

To train your horse, please post this form on the main page:

Code: Select all
[b]I’d like to train my horse![/b]

Horse’s name:
Horse breed:
Main Training Focus (speed, stamina, etc):
Link:

Main Page

xxxxxxsighthounds, sighthounds and more sighthounds...

xxxxxxToyhousex|xFFH

xxxxxxart by Marz-Barz
Berenice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| Datwon Island | Gelding & Sterilising |

Postby Berenice. » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:02 am

To competitive players, this is an important part of owning champions. Geldings and sterilised mares will usually have better attitudes towards showing and training, meaning they will be easier to train and gain stats. This is great for competing as they are less likely to have bad days and will be able to gain more stats in a week than a stallion or mare in general. However, geldings and sterilised mares cannot breed. Therefore, it’s a decision that has to be made wisely. This action is not reversible. Conformation will not increase because of this action. Bare in mind, every horse is different and not all horses will behave in the same way. Even geldings and sterilised mares can be spooky, firey or unwilling. Currently, this is a free action.

You may either post this form on the main thread or pm it to me:

I’d like to geld/sterilise my horse

Horse’s name:

xxxxxxToyhousex|xFFH

xxxxxxart by Marz-Barz
Berenice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| Datwon Island | Breeding |

Postby Berenice. » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 am

At the minute, breeding is a free action. If you want to know about cross breeding, please look at the inter breeding page.
As there is no stem cell breeding, all offspring must be produced from a mare and a stallion. Geldings and Sterilised mares cannot breed, so they will be declined.
Mares have a breeding cooldown of 2 weeks. Stallions have a 24 hour cooldown. This is because stallions will have to opportunity to be put up for stud. As of right now, stallions can be put up for stud at any price. It is to be discussed with the stud owner. Anything can be used to pay as of right now (cs pets, C$) but real currency may NOT be used.
I expect users to keep a record of all of their horse's breedings and offspring.

Things to take note of:
- Mares may not compete until a week after breeding.
- There's no breeding limit, but anybody who breeds constantly without training or showing their horses will be told to slow down or stop all together. Even colour breeders are required to at least train their horses.
- Conformation and stats must be looked at and paired correctly. Poor conformation and low stats can be a result of poor breeding, therefore those horses wil have no value, even if they have a rare colour or mutation.
- To breed with somebody else's mare or stallion, you must discuss that with the other person and have both people fill out the breeding form and send it directly to me or another artist / owner. The payment is to be decided between both horse owners, not staff members.

Form (to be posted on the main thread):

[b]Breeding[/b]

[b]Link To Mare:[/b]
[b]Link To Stallion:[/b]
[b]Any Notes:[/b]

Your form must be approved by a member of staff. After that, please be patient. You may not get your horse that same day.

Main Thread

xxxxxxToyhousex|xFFH

xxxxxxart by Marz-Barz
Berenice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me