The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Maybe, I Will Be More Brave

Postby BoomARat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: d a i s y
Link to roll call post: xxx
Prompt response:

Leaving CS
BoomARat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby chanhee. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: whizzer.
    Link to roll call post: here
    Prompt response: This is definitely up Cody's alley. Up until now, all the other activities had been, for lack of a better word, boring. He wanted excitement and adventure, not simply sitting around bird-watching. 'Courage,' he thinks to himself, a small smirk settling on his lips, 'It's literally a walk in the park, who needs courage? There's nothing to be afraid of in these woods. Anyone who gets scared by the wind in the trees deserves it.' He takes a few seconds to stare into the woods, determination alight in his eyes. Looking to the counselors, he nods and grabs the pen, messily scrawling his name in a slot. As they wait for more campers, though, and he looks into the woods, his confidence shrinks back a bit at the speculation that maybe there is something in there. Cody shakes his head a few times and goes to join the group of campers milling around waiting for the hike to start. He keeps an ear open, his gaze not breaking from the forest. 'I got this.' (178)
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:15 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:
sicknasty
Link to roll call post:
here
Prompt response:
eyes wide, heart beating fast, tabby gazed at the sign-up sheet, already grubby and crowded with names. plenty of other kampers had already signed up, but many more had turned away, too cautious to risk the dangers.
a mysterious, spooky forest... eerie noises... a midnight hike...
the counsellors seemed kind enough, but did she dare to do it? brave the wilderness and whatever might be lurking out there, waiting to pray on foolish kampers?

well, yeah, obviously!

she leant in close to the wall, picking the purple coloured ink and signing her name with a flourish and a slight smudge that made it look more authentic, then replaced the pen and slouched away to sit down in the grassy shade, lost in a daydream of what she might discover. ancient woods filled with mysterious creatures! ruined temples lost to time! maybe even... mothman!
she'd thought that summer kamp would be boring, especially when her parents had insisted that she leave her phone behind, but the things she would uncover would make it all worthwhile! [174]
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:
Knuckle Bine
Link to roll call post:
[url]Here![/url]
Prompt response: [213 words]
Nigel jumped as a twig snapped under his foot. Being this close to the forest made him jumpy, but he wanted to see what all the hubbub about a "test of courage" was. He stared at the sign-up sheet for a while, kicking his feet and twiddling his thumbs, and then bit his lip and picked up a sparkly red pen. I mean, how scary could it be? A test of courage couldn't be NEARLY as scary as having the actual Devil come into your diner at the same time you're serving God Himself. That was a very long meal. And the worst part was having to explain to them that gold isn't a viable currency anymore. At least they tip well! (Immortal beings of infinite power do not understand that an average tip isn't that much and instead summon two one hundred dollar bills. Nigel almost pees himself laughing because they don't know WHERE they got it from.) Anyways, there's no way this stupid forest thing can be scary at all for Nigel. He's seen it all and more. With a determined nod, he scribbles down his name in neat, curvy handwriting, and then walks very quickly back to camp, grinning like an idiot as if the REAL test was signing up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 am

Sign-up Time!

Username: magpie!
      Link to roll call post: here!
      Prompt response: 320 words

xxxMoose spotted the sign up sheet out of the corner of her eye. After her brief encounter with Beni and Iphis during her exploration of the campgrounds, she’d kept an eye out for the roster. A few other kalons stood around the paper pinned to the wall, most likely discussing the activity, and Moose edged closer to get a better look at it.

xxxIt read: “TEST OF COURAGE” and even had a few little doodle illustrations of the two Kamp counselors that Moose had met earlier. Test of Courage huh? It was just a forest, what could be scary about that? Well it was during the night, which could make it a little spooky, Moose speculated. The small group gathered around the paper dispersed as she got closer, moving to another location to continue their conversation.

xxxMoose studied the sign-up sheet for another moment. There were a good few kalons already signed up, including Beni and Iphis, who probably just wrote their names down as a demonstration. Another name, Lena, was marked out underneath it. Interesting. Moose glanced through the other names to see if she recognized any, and sure enough, her sister, Momona, and her friend, Moha, were also signed up. Moose also noticed one name, written so lightly in yellow that she couldn’t even make it out.

xxxAfter her observations, Moose carefully untaped the multicolor push pen and clicked down the green option. She scrawled her name down in the next blank space, then scanned the area around her. Nobody seemed to be looking her way, so with a deft move, Moose scribbled a little dinosaur with a plant sprout next to the doodles of Beni and Iphis. With a sneaky smile, Moose retaped the pen and went on her way, brewing up a few plans for the hike. The forbidden forest seemed like a pretty good location for one of the saplings she had snuck into Kamp...
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namida_☾ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Namida_☾
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&start=250#p119711508
Prompt response: (i can’t draw hands, rip)
Attachments
5C5B4CEE-F911-436A-9744-58069F8D0B62.jpeg
5C5B4CEE-F911-436A-9744-58069F8D0B62.jpeg (463.36 KiB) Viewed 198 times
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:02 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: julibee
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:

jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magnapinna » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:starryocean,
Link to roll call post: blEP
Prompt response: "Well i dont really mind the dark but insects?! Dont remind me... "
Vega's smile changed to a disgusted face.
"I really hope they're bringing an insect repeller as well as a mosquito repeller... I dont want to keep having mosquito bites all over my body only because of a hike. "
Vega's face changed to a slight smile again before looked at some other kalons nearby the paper.
"But i dont want to be left out and be called a coward, So why not exactly?... It's not like i'm gonna be alone.. out there.. anyway.."
Vega stared into the void while repeatly clicking the multicolored pen, before coming back to his mind.
"Whatever,, I hope i can find some cool stuff, Like an eggplant,, or why not a stick that i can put an eggplant on?"
Vega clicked the pen to the color he wanted and wrote his name on a empty space on the paper.
157 words

-pfp by lifora

comms tentactively open (just send a pm and we can work smth out)
magnapinna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:11 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Silver Pandorica
Link to roll call post: x
Prompt response:

“What?! No way!” Harper exclaimed as she stared at the sign-up sheet. Mercury, her new ‘friend,’ had dragged her all the way to the ‘test of courage’ that awaited all campers brave enough to enter. “Those two give me the creeps. I’m not going anywhere near that forest with them.”

“Come on!” Mercury gestured to his own name already on the sheet. “I don’t wanna go by myself. You have to come.”

“Or what?”

“Or...I won’t be your friend anymore.” Mercury crosses his arms triumphantly, as if he had won the argument.

Harper rolled her eyes. “Okay. See ya.” She started to walk away, but Mercury grabbed her shoulder and yanked her back.

“You scared or something?”

“Um, yes!” Harper shook her head in frustration. Didn’t they already establish that? The two counselors that ran the hike seriously freaked her out. If a bear jumped out at them, she did not feel safe under their protection. Mercury’s expression didn’t change. He wasn’t going to give this up.

And there was no way she was going to let him be better than her. If he was going to do this thing, she was going to do it better. “Fine,” she said tightly, scribbling her name on the sheet in purple ink. “Happy?”

“Very.”

Oh great. What had she gotten herself into?

[220 words]
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:12 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: SkyGold
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&start=30#p119702557
Prompt response:

She truly felt out of place. What was the final daughter of the queen Ether supposed to do a hike? Her brothers would tease her about it if she mentioned anything to them. Not Nikolai, well... expecially him. His caring about the people could mean less when even though he was the right age, he was not king. He would encourage her to get to know common people outside of their kingdom by participating in their activities as he always did himself, claiming that it would help him when it was his turn to take over the throne. She rolled her eyes, continuing to rant in her head about the dreaded hike ahead. Her name sat in golden letters (a little trick of layering colors) in a curvy cursive handwriting upon one of the black lines. Looking back at it made her stand up a little taller when she re-read the title.

“What princess can’t do a test of courage?” She whispered to herself. This isn’t about the kingdom or Nikolai, it was about her. It was a challenge that she had to overcome. “I can do this!” She walked away from the sign up sheet with a grin of determination on her face. She could do this!
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me