Pixel mews | Staff applications | Closed

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Pixel mews | Staff applications | Closed

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 am

Main thread
~
C L O S E D

If you would like to apply for staff you can find the forms on this post.
To find the staff rules, scroll down to the posts below.
If you will be applying, please post your form on the thread.

>Make sure to read through all the staff rules+expectations before applying.<

^

Code: Select all
[color=#65536b][center]Artist application
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]A bit about yourself:[/b]

[b]Preferred pronouns:[/b]

[b]How many litters would you be able to make per week?:[/b]

[b]Examples of your recent pixel art (include at least 3 examples):[/b]

[b]What program do you use for pixel art?[/b]

[b]Do you have experience being an artist for other adoptables?[/b]

[b]Why do you want to be an artist for pixel mews?[/b]

[b]Will you be able to join the discord server?[/b][/center][/color]

^
[color=#65536b][center]Moderator Application
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]A bit about yourself:[/b]

[b]Preferred pronouns:[/b]

[b]How active are you on CS?:[/b]

[b]Do you have experience moderating other threads?[/b]

[b]Why do you want to be a moderator for pixel mews?[/b]

[b]Will you be able to join our discord server?[/b]
[/center][/color]

[img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170424/61b40f1ada89bfbff3446def8682de11.png[/img]
Last edited by Daisy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roles of an Artist

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 am

Making litters, raffles, items & doing breedings and contributing to events
- You will be expected to make at least 2 litters per month
- Litters must have at least 3 mews.
- I will expect you to help out with events/other activities and ideas. c;
- Must be active on the discord chat !
- Staff custom upon joining and then one every 5 litters
- You will receive 20 crystals for every meow you create in a litter or breeding
- You will receive 30 crystals for every simple custom you complete for a person and 50 for every complicated one
Last edited by Daisy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 am, edited 30 times in total.
Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Moderator roles

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:14 am

General thread & discord moderating, answering questions and helping out
-Answer questions on the thread and discord
-You must be active on the main thread and discord chat.
-If you believe a warn, strike, or ban is needed - come talk to me
-Don't be harsh or mean, don't abuse your position.
-If you have any questions please feel welcome to ask!
-1 staff custom upon joining the staff and 1 every 2 months after that.
-You will receive 120 crystals for every month you are active
-Opportunity to contribute ideas
Last edited by Daisy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am, edited 15 times in total.
Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pixel mews ~ Staff applications+ Staff rules

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 am

-Reserve-
Last edited by Daisy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pixel mews ~ Staff applications+ Staff rules

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 am

-Reserve-

"Pretty inactive right now"
Daisy » ♊ » She/her
CoziesX
Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pixel mews ~ Staff applications | Open!

Postby leilanii » Thu May 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Moderator Application
Username:
NerdyAngel
A bit about yourself:
I love kawaii and love cute things Love to sing and draw i love to watch fairy tail <3
Preferred pronouns:
Nerdie angel
How active are you on CS?:
Active^^
Do you understand you could be demoted if you aren't doing a good job?
Answer here
Have you been a moderator on other threads?
Answer here
If your answer to the above question is yes, please list a few threads you have worked at or you're currently working at:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3416025
Why do you want to be a moderator for pixel mews?
the cats looks so cute and i love kittys and i would want to be part of staff for once!
Anything else?
TYSM<3
leilanii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Artist application
Username:
Adamented
A bit about yourself:
I'm an 11th year student who's plan in life is to become a print artist, I dedicate most of my time to a specialized Watercolor Painting study within that category. I try to be as friendly as possible, but I've got social anxiety, so sometimes I can come off a little snappy, especially on the internet. I love to talk, especially about art. I'm Canadian, and live in the far West, so my timezone is PST, or -8:00 to central time.
Preferred pronouns:
Literally anything, I'm a cisgender female generally, but because of the name Adamented (and consequent nickname "Adam") I've come to be called they or him, and it really doesn't bother me- if it makes someone else more comfortable to call me he/him, just because I come off as more of a guy to them, then that's fine! It's the internet, I don't really judge people's preferences.
When there's a reason to be around, I can come by almost every day. I'm online usually hours a day on my laptop, but since my tablet cord broke (and wacom wont restock my cord in shops) I haven't been able to work with my usual stuff. For now, I can do pixel art just fine- but when/if I get my tablet cord back, you can assume there will be some improvement. Days I would be away are usually weekends, Friday nights I have Dungeons & Dragons (I'd love to share some tales if anybody is ever interested, you or other staff- it's a wonderful, crazy game) and on Saturdays (except during this month) I spend the night at my boyfriends watching Critical Role (d&d show on GeekAndSundry on Youtube) and Scrubs (medical comedy, it's old but it's good). If other things come up (such as when I eventually start on my own d&d campaign) I'll be sure to let you know!
How many litters would you be able to make per week?:
Just one, I may make more in one week- but I generally put those away for back-ups incase I can't reach quota for any reason.
Will you be able to shade/(and if needed animate) the mews you create?
I assume the bases are already shaded? I can shade any of my own edits, of course. I may edit the shading/lines to grayscale if they aren't already so I can color them on an overlay layer. I can animate, it's a thing that would be easier with my tablet, but I'm fairly capable on a mouse (I used a mouse to draw for 9 years, I almost mastered it- getting a tablet put me out of practice a bit though)
Examples of your recent pixel art:
X ImageImageImageImage
X Image

What program do you use for pixel art?
For all previous work, Microsoft Paint, from now on though I'll be using Medibang Paint Pro.
I understand, though I've confidence in my work. My personally opinion is that an artist should ever be demoted for "not being good enough" as far as your personal standards of art, everybody has potential to improve. I think demotion is perfectly acceptable in response to bad work ethic or laziness. That being said, I understand my risk of it and I personally couldn't be bothered- chances are if I'm not doing a good job, I probably don't want to be doing the job at all.
Have you been an artist for other adoptable places/do you have experience?
Yes.
If your answer to the above question is yes, please list the adoptables you are currently working at/have worked at:
Oh boy, lot's of them. My more notable ones being Talas, Unix (Unity City, which I own), and I now own Gravesnaps and have changed their lineart (example given).
Will you be able to contribute to the community with occasional raffles or mini events?
Sure! Events should be fine as long as I'm given plenty of time to prepare- this means, none of the art should be produced during the event. All the artwork for the event should be done a week prior, it's just good planning. I've watched many an event fall flat because of this, artists need at least a month to prepare.
Why do you want to be an artist for pixel mews?
Seems like fun. I know it's a lot like my Unix, in terms of the main artwork anyways, and I am selling it because I don't have inspiration for it. Mostly because the artwork is my own- and owning an adoptable is much harder than just being the artist for one,
you always want to please everybody, and being the owner versus being the artist, the rate of activity and the opinions of others can really, really weigh on your productivity. It was a personal thing, and a big choice to give up Unix. I was alone on that, I did a lot of solo-work, and I'm proud of myself for the accomplishment, but it was a lot. I want a community that I'm not the head of to balance being the head of other communities- like Gravesnaps, now. To work with other artists and share opinions, being the owner of an adopts without having any active staff is a lonely job. Maybe we can work together to avoid this for you, and we can help each other to make the job easier

I'd also like to comment that I'm not an unintelligent individual, and I know the difficulties of running an adopt- but time is like money, we always need more of it for something, and it's better to save than to waste. So, while I'd love to apply to be a moderator as well, I can promise one litter a week- I can't promise constant activity, so I didn't want to sign myself up for something I might not be able to handle at any given time.
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 am

Artist application
Username:
.mochi
A bit about yourself:
i'm a smol bean who loves art and all animals <3 my life is highly conflicted as i love cats but im allergic to them ;( i plan on being a veterinarian or working for the wwf. i love all things pastel, and all things cute.
Preferred pronouns:
she/her
i am online 2-3 hours on weekdays, and 3-4+ hours on weekends. i'm in the cdt/cst timezone.
regularly, i can make up to three, but if i'm busy (i'll let you know), i can make around 1.
yes, of course!
Examples of recent pixel art:
wip, i'll add some soon!
piskel for simple lineart, and firealpaca for everything else.
yes, of course.
yes, i have been an artist at other adoptables!
If your answer to the above question is yes, please list the adoptables you are currently working at/have worked at:
i'm not working as an artist at any other adoptables besides my wip one, but here are the ones i previously worked at; pixel pups, pocket slow lorises, vivarium store: ant farms, and mellow meows
Will you be able to contribute to the community with occasional raffles or mini events?
yes, i love making "special" adopts <3
first off, i don't really feel i was a good enough staff member on mellow meows, and i want to change that. these mews are adorable, and i would love to be able to design some <3 i can also get more design experience here, and experience as a staff member in general. i really love art, and the pixel mews captured my heart when i saw them <3
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowcenti » Mon May 29, 2017 8:09 am

Artist application
Username:
Sipress~
A bit about yourself:
I go the the name's Omni, Dusty, or Si. I'm a growing artist and animator who spend's their free time working on art and video's for the internet. I have a WIP Animated Series on Youtube called "Mystic Past".
I dont usually consider myself a great artist but I have fun with what I do and im passionite about persueing a career in art and animation.

Preferred pronouns:
She/Her, They/Them
I try to get on every day, but sometimes I dont her on for 2-3 days at a time.
1-2, Maybe 3 if I push myself.
Yes, definitely
Examples of your recent pixel art:
ImageImage
I use Firealpaca to draw and make frames and use gifmaker(dot)me to put the frames together.
Yes.
Yep!
I worked on an adoptable species called Plasma Pups for awhile, But my examples of art and character design with those pets in horrible. The adoptable was closed to stolen lineart
Yep!
I've been looking to get into the art community on CS, I was originally going to open my own adoptable species, But I want to wait awhile before I try and do that. I figured becoming an adoptable artist would be a good way to get practice with character design and colorization as well as pixel art it'self
hi I come on here like once every 4 months
Snowcenti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yamnskki » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 am

Moderator Application
Username:
brutally.honest
A bit about yourself:
i like videogames, and watching tv
Preferred pronouns:
she/her
relatively active
yes, i understand
Have you been a moderator on other threads?
yes, one
If your answer to the above question is yes, please list a few threads you have worked at or you're currently working at:
it's not active anymore. I changed my username from ᏉᎥᏁᏋ~ to my current username
Why do you want to be a moderator for pixel mews?
i just want to help out some
Anything else?
thank you for the opportunity!

ImageImage
ImageImage
yamnskki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups