Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby ajax. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:34 am

Username: AJ.
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Nereus Alaz
Link to their pride or group: Antiquis Aetheres
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt: 1017 words

Alaz had recovered quicker than Nereus really expected.
    Alaz's sleep was fitful, he got cold so many times that Nereus feared that the gods of antiquis aetheres could indeed die if they let the fire die out.
    He couldn't let that fire die out.
    He sat perched beside his son, who snoozed and rested as the fire covered him and mended his injuries. Nereus smiled, hopefully they would keep the fire lit for the next battle. It worked to keep Alaz strong too, he could tell from the breathing. Alaz's breaths were short and shallow at first, but now they were much stronger.
    His son would be fine, and no scars would mar his pelt.
    That was good, he didn't want to worry about a deity's pelt being laced with past injury, that would spark many questions when they got home. If they got home.
    "What do you mean we don't completely heal?"
    "Does this mean we can die?"
    The latter was easier to answer, because if his son was mortal, Nereus was sure he wouldn't have survived his injuries.
    The blue tom stayed watch over his son, despite the nagging feeling in his stomach to go see Orpheus, he hoped his mate was okay. But he couldn't leave his son until he was sure he was fine.
    He didn't even know where Orph was to be honest.
    During his thoughts, Nereus didn't even notice his son beginning to stir, the blue tom instead just perched where he was, standing guard and hoping that he could find something to calm his nerves.
    He felt something tug within him, something like the nag to see his mate, but this was different. He felt the urge to wander off, something was calling him.
    No, he needed to stay here, he needed to watch over Alaz, and Orpheus. He scowled, tail flickering with blue water as his willpower kicked in. He was happy that he was strong enough to withstand the pull for his son.
    He watched Alaz open his eyes.
    "Son!" He jumped forward, weary eyes widening. "Are you alright? How do you feel? You've slept for ages." He nudged his son frantically, but it didn't stop Alaz from sitting up. "No! Don't stress yourself, you just closed all your wounds, you don't want to reopen them."
    Alaz looked around. "Did we win?" Expression dim and his ears droopy. Nereus frowned in concern.
    Nereus nodded, "We think it was just a scouting group, but we managed to hold them off for now, there were a lot of casualties though, including you... now lay down to rest." He ordered.
    Alaz of course being the stubborn cat he was, didn't listen, much to Nereus' dismay.
    The fires that covered Alaz slowly went out, including the stick. Well, there goes that plan. Nereus' shoulders sagged.
    Slowly, Alaz's face brightened, and he shook his head, as if trying to clear it. He leaned forward.
    "Dad, do you feel that?" Alaz's voice cracked as he stood, tail igniting, though its burn was weak.
    "What do you mean?" Nereus could tell his son felt the same pull, but he didn't want to put it into words. He felt fear ripple up his spine as if it were fingers. He shivered and looked around, looking for other cats.
    "Theres... something telling me to follow it." Alaz's eyes squinted and he resisted stepping forward, his tail grew stronger as his movements became less painful. "Da-- should we follow?"
    Nereus shook his head. "Don't son, it's probably a trick from the enemy, they want us to split up." He stood, coming up to Alaz's side. "Control yourself, you're weak. You should focus on something else."
    Alaz grit his teeth and Nereus' heart pounded. He didn't want his son to struggle.
    "I dunno if I can da." He took another begrudging step. "Maybe we should follow it?" He looked back, flicking his tail.
    Nereus knew that once his son got an idea, he wouldn't let go. The blue tom ducked his head, letting out a heavy sigh. "I won't let you go alone..." He came up beside Alaz, taking a deep breath. Maybe there would be water there? Or hot coals, something to give them the advantage.
    "What about the others?" Alaz looked back at the other cats and lions around them, seemingly compelled to follow the voice as well. "Would they miss us? We are stronger than mortals who don't use magic."
    Nereus frowned, Alaz didn't know that Orpheus was here too. The blue tom blinked. "We're not the only ones going..." He trailed off, looking around and soon catching sight of that creamy tom that snarled at him, followed by a hasty black shape.
    Suddenly going was much easier than before.
    Those two were together? Him and Alaz weren't the only pair, sure but some of them were solo. It wasn't just Orpheus? The creamy tom was probably one of the magic users that Orpheus told him about, that treated his mate so unkindly.
    Nereus took stride ahead of Alaz, who stumbled to catch up. The sea god flattened his ears, remembering his son was still weak, and he too felt the strain of his muscles as they started off.
    Should they catch up to Orpheus? Alaz could use something to bring up his spirits.
    Then, Nereus remembered that creamy tom, no they didn't need to catch up. If that tom was so aggressive toward his magic, he wouldn't want his son to come face to face with him.
    Nereus' pawsteps faltered.
    "Are you sure Alaz that you want to go this way?" The blue tom looked back to his son, who caught up quickly, they both looked back toward the large tree they had stayed near for so many days already.
    Alaz's eyes burned with determination, and Nereus knew there was no going back. "Yes, we need to." He started past his father, leading the way, since he was more compelled than Nereus himself.
    Nereus hoped he wouldn't regret allowing Alaz to go ahead and follow him. He hoped this wouldn't end up being their downfalls.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:41 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Xia, Tasso and Pecora
Link to their pride or group: EchoLake Pride
Prompt level completion: Level 2
Prompt:
Link
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:44 am

In the shadows of the first battle, there's a mixture of discomfort and victory, a strange muddlement of pride and fear that defines the mood around the tree as the soldiers lament the possibility of worse things to come. The rest of the night and morning goes in silence. But upon waking something reaches out. A strange feeling overcomes the heroes- the visitors as they go about their tasks in the city. Dragging them out of the city and the tree's guard...pulling them deeper to the fields and into the forests... luring them somewhere else. To something better. To something good.
...as far as they know.

Who follows the strange impulse? The dragging will? Do they go willingly, or begrudgingly? Do they refuse it and stay with the tree?

Username: MySpoons
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: MAR'S CHAMPION, Samael, Isolde
Link to their pride or group: The New Guard
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt III: [1010/1000]

Samael, exhausted for the first time since arriving, does his best to help with the rest of the cleanup and preparations before he collapses to gain his energy back. Other than the attack, it is a silent night. The Trinity Tree still stands tall as a dark blue shadow in the dim morning light. The city beneath the roots remained untouched and safe from the fighting. Even though they lost some lives, Samael feels a sense of pride for how the battle turned out.

He wakes earlier than most, feeling more like himself again after a strange night of dreams with Mars' voice slipping in and out, in praise and in anger. Armor appearing out of thin air again, Samael finds something to eat before heading out. He wants to check the perimeter and get a feel for the surrounding lands. The past few days were so focused on the city the red lion didn't have a chance to see what else was here in this realm. How large is it? It is so hard to see any sort of distance with the ever-present mist and fog cloaking the land.

Samael heads out across the mud scattered plains surrounding the Trinity Tree, avoiding the large branches and stones that had yet to be cleaned up. Far ahead a line of trees stands thick and silent, the trees much larger than those in the Valley of Kings. Samael stands at the edge of the field, looking up. No birds, no amphibians or crickets. Perhaps they wait for the sun... wherever that is? Samael hasn't seen any evidence for a sun in this world. It gets brighter late in the morning but the sky remains cool and ethereal.

As Samael stands there, listening, trying to decide if he trusts this world enough to go exploring deeper into her forests, something pulls him deep in his chest. He steps forward before he realized he has done so and pulls himself up short with a healthy burst of suspicion. The pull is filled with need, filling him with happiness when he takes another step, but he has enough sense in his head to know that such sudden enchantment is not to be taken at face value.

The sound of footsteps cause Samael to turn around. Dozens of cats and lions stream out of the city and across the field, silent with large eyes. Initially, Samael thinks it is something that just happens... but these cats are not from the Tree's City. None of them are, actually.

Samael knows he cuts an intimidating figure, larger than most lions and weighed down with black armor that gives off the impression of great danger. Still, when he tries to call out to those nearest to him, he gets no response. On edge, ready to react, Samael watches these cats disappear into the woods without a word. The trails they made through the grass disappear and the darkness of the trees swallows them up, leaving no trace.

Samael waits, straining his ears. He hears nothing, smells nothing. After a few minutes of silence, Samael forces himself to break away from the strange pull and heads back to the city to find someone who may know what is happening.

- -- --- -- -

Far away, in the pantheon of northern gods, the ice spirit feels a call pulling on her soul in her dreams. Without waking in the physical realm, the ice spirit wakes up within her mind and follows the call. It is far away, across dimensions. Still, the desire to reach her destination leads her across the black sky filled with stars with slivers of ice and snow glittering behind her.

It is to a smaller world than hers, with skies of purple, blue, and green. Where the inhabitants glow in place of the sunlight that cannot fully penetrate the thick cloud cover. Isolde steps down onto this world, feeling her projection solidify as her paws ground her onto this new land. A few ice crystals form on the grass below her. She looks around the empty field, curious. A large tree stands at the center of it but the pull is away from there, so she turns the other way. A beautiful forest towers across the land at the edge of the clearing. Isolde follows, her walk turning into a trot. Her bells ring crisp and clear in the peaceful silence. The forest is filled with moss instead of leaves covering the ground. Small glowing bugs and plants distract her just enough to slow down and appreciate them. Even some of the insects have iridescent or glowing markings on them.

It is a beautiful forest, so perfect that Isolde wonders if this is another deity's realm. Because she is a guest, on a deity's land or not, Isolde tries her best to keep her powers from spreading across the ground around her. Her pawprints leave faint icy outlines that melt after a few moments. Her breath clouds the air before her, sending a brief spike of chill in the area before dissipating.

But as Isolde meanders deeper into the forest, a sudden sensation crashes into her like waves. The poignant, smothering presence of a war god. She stops mid-stride, looking around wildly. It isn't the Allfather. When she looks over her shoulder, she sees a bright speck on where the horizon is, a flaming red with gold at the center. Whoever it is, they are at the edge of the forest. Isolde stands stock still for a moment, fearing that the god will tear into the forest after her, after this desire. The silence is no longer comforting.

Fearful, Isolde turns and heads even deeper, quickening her pace until the trees race past her. Her emotions cause large spikes of ice to form on the ground and on the trees as she passes by. Even though the dangerous presence was far away behind her, Isolde feels doubt creep into her mind about the pull that brought her here. She is no goddess, only a figment of the Winter Goddess' power.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:52 am

Username: Wet Bread
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Worm, Aluraune
Link to their pride or group: Rusted Daemons
Prompt level completion: level 2
Prompt:
It was the day after the battle and already Worm was feeling much better. Thankfully, many of the heroes were skilled healers and helped to patch up her injuries right away. However, now that it was a new day, there was a new conflict to deal with. This one wasn't a battle. No, instead it was the call. Whatever it was, it was enticing them to leave, go some place entirely different. Many cats, heroes and guardians alike, already left, enchanted by it. Some were refusing it, staying behind, and some were still debating.

Worm happened to be one of the cats that follow the call. She didn't want to go at first. No, it definitely felt wrong to her. Maybe it was a trap? Honestly, it just felt like an all around bad idea, but Worm felt the call biding her, willing her to leave. She had her magic, surely she would find out if something truly bad were about to happen? Her stance was solidified when she found out Aluraune was choosing to stay. This was exactly the chance Worm needed to get the upper hand on her! With that in mind, she set off, prepared for what would likely be a bad experience masqueraded as something good.

Meanwhile, Aluraune was happy to sit back at the tree and try and learn more about its magic without Worm's prying eyes following her about. Who knew, maybe something dangerous out there would be the death of Worm? Then Aluraune would no longer have to worry about her getting in the way, or getting in trouble for killing her. It would be a win-win situation and Aluraune was more than happy to watch the foolish young cat go.

[288 words]
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:54 am

Username: hawkfire102
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Fallenmoon Mallardtuft Marshpaw
Link to their pride or group: Moonlight Fields
Prompt level completion: Level 2
Prompt:

Fallenmoon watched as Marshpaw stared out into the field from the city's borders. All of them were feeling so strangely about something but he could tell that the young one was more shaken by it. He padded over to her, settling beside her.

"Feeling the pull as well?" He asked her. The young she-cat jumped and looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Uh yeah.. What do you think it means?" She asked, turning to look back out into the fields.

"I cannot say for sure. But we were called here to protect this place and whatever is out there has proven to us that they are not a friend. It would be unwise after their attack to venture forth into the wilds. We are still healing and we could not protect ourselves from the larger enemies if we leave the safety we have here." He stated as he looked out as well. He could not deny that he also felt the pull towards the forest but he also knew he could not protect his clanmates, his previous injuries still present.

Marshpaw nodded reluctantly.

"What if we aren't on the right side? What if this is wrong?" She asked in a sad tone. Fallenmoon pondered for a moment before sighing.

"You will never know what is right until the time comes. For now, protecting this place feels right. But if it isn't, we will try our best to right our wrongs to bring peace to this land." He said solemnly.

"I hope you're right, Fallenmoon..." She said as she got to her paws, returning to the tree.

"I hope so too, young one." Fallemoon got to his paws and followed behind her.

282/250 words

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:59 am

Username: Placebo
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bastion | Jasper | Anamika
Link to their pride or group: Lerwick
Prompt level completion: Lvl 3
Prompt: (737 words)

"We… we actually made it through." Jasper ran a paw through the fur on his arm, and withheld a shudder. His vision still hadn't returned yet, but the odd ability from the battle still lingered. He could sense, rather than truly see, the outline of both Anamika crouched beside him, and Mr. Novak's prone form. He honestly didn't think they'd make it this far, but the battle… the win, shaky as it was, filled him with hope.

"We did." Anamika's reply was quiet. Such a contrast from her usual cheer. Jasper was quick to curl the tip of his tail around her paw that was lying beside it. She squeezed the appendage in solidarity and turned toward Jasper. He imagined she was smiling, and then could hear the faintest impressions of it as she spoke again. "We'll be able to get home soon."

"Yeah."

Anamika took a moment to do a wary scan of the cats and lions around the stranded trio. She had noticed the roars of approval and yowls of victory, but she couldn't muster the ability to join in. Gods. Gods. She came so close to dying. She was so scared.

And wildly enough, she'd do it again. Just to keep Jasper and Mr. Novak safe. They'd make it out. She'd make sure of it.

The odd abilities she picked up during the battle still lingered. Her fur was still glowing, even in the dim light of the plane of this existence, and it made her wary. Especially considering how her friend looked now as well. Half of him gone. Faded.

The city, thankfully, gave more than enough in terms of provisions. They still didn't have any idea about how to wake up Mr. Novak, but thankfully they could get him set up in a bed (or a nest? What a strangely shaped bed either way…) as she and Jasper tried to work out what to do next.

"Should we finally ask for help?"

"No, no. We got lucky, Jasper. And I have no idea about the intentions of the felines around us. We were brought together for a reason, yes, but I don't want to take chances on our lives. And definitely not on Mr. Novak's life. Not in this state."

Jasper gritted his teeth, and ran a paw through the fur that was visible on his body. Even now, Anamika found herself missing the bright orange of half of his coat, mysteriously invisible in this plane of existence. "I know, Anamika. I know. But still we—" Jasper abruptly stopped. Perked up.

"'Still we what', Jasper?" Anamika questioned, stress lines evident between her brows.

"Do you feel that?"

"Feel wh—" Anamika stopped her train of thought. There it was.

It was that feeling again. Oddly enough, the same feeling she got from the portal originally, in that dark evening, but on blast. God, this was… it seemed impossible to ignore. She had to stop herself from leaving the clearing next to Mr. Novak.

She also had to stop Jasper from getting up as well, with a tug to his sweeping tail. "What are you doing?"

"We need to follow that call, Ana!" Jasper turned around, newly galvanized. "It could be a way to getting Mr. Novak back on his feet! A way home!"

"And it could also be a danger, Jasper!" Anamika mewed helplessly. "We cannot take that risk. Not while we still need to watch over Mr. Novak."

"Let's do this then!" Jasper reached out to Ana, pleading all the way. "I know the others around us are feeling the same call. We have the benefit of there being two of us. One of us can go heed the call, and one of us can stay with Mr. Novak. We'll be able to reconvene once we can figure out what to do next."

Anamika hesitated. "This doesn't seem like it'll go over well."

Jasper couldn't help a small smile, wry as it was. "It hasn't gone very well so far anyway. What do we have to lose, so long as Mr. Novak stays safe?"

"Our sanity, probably," Anamika grumbled, but she smiled when she heard her friend's laugh. "Alright, Jasper. If you're willing, I'll stay with Mr. Novak, by the tree. You can go with the scouting group into the forest."

"Of course." Jasper stood to leave, but not before Anamika stopped him again.

Her eyes were determined. "Stay safe."

"I will."
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:01 pm

In the shadows of the first battle, there's a mixture of discomfort and victory, a strange muddlement of pride and fear that defines the mood around the tree as the soldiers lament the possibility of worse things to come. The rest of the night and morning goes in silence. But upon waking something reaches out. A strange feeling overcomes the heroes- the visitors as they go about their tasks in the city. Dragging them out of the city and the tree's guard...pulling them deeper to the fields and into the forests... luring them somewhere else. To something better. To something good.
...as far as they know.

Who follows the strange impulse? The dragging will? Do they go willingly, or begrudgingly? Do they refuse it and stay with the tree?

Please note that this marks a split in the story. The next set of prompts will have two prompts to account for both options and you may choose which to complete.

Username: Panda-Love-100
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:
Desmi + Kairos
Link to their pride or group: Sevasmos Pride
Prompt: Desmi gasped as she awoke, feeling a throbbing pain in her head. She tried to sit up, but flopped back down after a few seconds. What had happened to her? Where was Kairos? Where was her mother? Then memories came flooding back to her, all the way up to the point of when she blacked out.
She sighed, opening her eyes to see a sleeping Kairos in a chair beside her bed. She opened her mouth to speak, then thought better of it. He looked tired and probably had insisted on staying with her in case she woke up. Stubborn furball, she thought, but couldn’t suppress a feeling of appreciation for her brother.
She lay there for a few minutes until the pain had mostly subsided then got up slowly and walked out of the room. She couldn’t explain it, but something inside made her feel restless and she wanted to do something, not just sit around sleeping all day. Maybe I just need some fresh air, she decided, and started off towards the tunnel.
Everything was quiet in the cavern, Desmi guessed everyone was trying to rest after the previous battle. No one would say it aloud, but most cats think that this was only a scouting mission, a recon mission of sorts, to see exactly what they are up against and what measures need to be taken to be victorious.
Desmi shook her head, not wanting to think about another battle yet to come. She slowly padded up the tunnel and poked her head out. Everything was clear, but she couldn’t shake off the feeling that something wasn’t quite right. She shivered in the cool night air. She still felt as if there was something stirring within her, making her want to explore onward and leave the world behind. Imagine what you might find… it seemed as if a small voice was speaking to her.
Images flooded her mind of peaceful clearings full of wildflowers and the scent of prey. She almost felt as if she was there right now, only vaguely aware of her brother running up behind her.
“Desmi! Desmi what’s going on?” Kairos’ voice brought her back to the present, but the words sounded far off and muffled. She shook her head, feeling as if she had moss in her ears. What happened to me? she thought worriedly, but after a few minutes she was able to fully focus.
“Wha?” she blinked at her brother who had a worried look on his face. “S-sorry, still a bit out of it from the battle,” she was trying to sound confident in her answer, but she knew it was in vain. This wasn’t just exhaustion, she knew that much, but what it actually was… she had no idea. She shook her head.
Kairos looked to where she had been when she had lost focus, and flicked his ear as if he heard something. He sighed, then turned to face her again. “I understand what you are feeling,” he said at last, casting another glance towards the forest. “It’s almost like it’s pulling me to wherever it ends…” He shook his head as if making an attempt to clear away unwanted thoughts. “Anyway, we have far too much to do here. We have to stick together, right?”
“Yeah…” she trailed off as she snuck another glance at the woods.
Kairos sighed, turning back towards the tunnel. It was a few seconds before he spoke. “Come on, let's try and get some rest.” He started walking back towards the entrance.
Desmi started to follow, then paused. What if the pull was from someone who needed help? What if they were in danger? How could she live with herself if she just stood around and did nothing? I don’t know what to do, she thought to herself.
Kairos, sensing how she was feeling-he was always able to tell-walked back over to her and laid his muzzle on top of her head. “I know it’s hard,” his voice was gentle. “But we have bigger things to worry about right now. How will I be able to do this without you?” he choked a bit on the last words and Desmi could tell he was having a hard time keeping it together.
She pushed the strange feeling away. She needed to be here for her brother. She sighed and let herself be led back down the tunnel.
Later that night though, she found herself troubled with dreams of the strange feeling and going towards it. She dreamt of all sorts of thing she might find, some of them very frightening. Once she even dreamt that she found Kairos there, fighting one of the creatures from the previous battle. She had been frozen to teh ground and watched helplessly as it dived for her brothers throat.
“NO!” she woke up from the nightmare, wide eyed and shaking. After a few moments she was able to calm herself down, then looked over to where Kairos was sleeping. He wasn’t there. It was at this moment that Desmi realized she wasn’t in her bed. Instead, she was inside a forest, much like the one she had dreamt of. She looked around wildly, trying to get some sense of direction, but it was pointless. She sat down, head bowed and blinked back tears.
How did she get there? She had no idea. The one thing she did know is that she was far away from the city, from her brother. She felt as if a large stone had lodged in her stomach as the realization struck.
Will I ever see Kairos again?! She found it hard to comprehend and she had to lie down. She tried to take deep breaths and calm herself down. She looked up at the sky and tried to think of a way to get back to Kairos, she needed him right now. She sighed and layed her head on her paws. I have to stay strong, for my own sake and others...

[1000?/1000]
Panda-Love-100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Username: Goddess Sword
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mitko (Main character), Beatrix (Major character)
Link to their pride or group: The Wayfarers
Prompt level completion: Level 5 (1,511 words)
Prompt:

Story A
Your cats have chosen to stay in the safety of the tree. An investigation starts into soldiers who were lured off, but to those who ignored the call long enough, it no longer sings to them. They are left to wonder where their companions have gone. In the meantime, when investigating something aboveground, they find themselves alone with the goddess in her tree, her eyes glowing as she studies them. She says nothing, only waiting, as if expectant of them to speak first.

What do they ask of her? What questions do they have? Do they attack her for bringing them to this place, blame her? Do they feel pity, or look down? Do they lash out in fear? Or show respect? Do they ask for a reward or good fortune? Do they walk away without asking a thing?

---

Story B
Your cats have chosen to follow the strange voice as it leads the way through open field and into the twisting path of the forests, growing darker and darker the further they get from the great tree and into the deep reaches of the bramble and thorn. At the end of the voice, they find another army. A... not so pleasant one. The army of decay stares, expectantly. They do not attack, they simply stare with empty eyes as another tree lies among them, rotted and gnarled. "Ah... I see you have come." a voice responds, deep, polluted, and dripping with mystery. "...Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn't who you think she is...." it says, evenly, showing control that the monsters it had sent the night before most certainly had not shown.

Do your cats run right away? Do they decide to hear out this strange dying god? Do they attack, or fight back?

When Beatrix again awoke, for just a moment she believed that the night's events had been merely a dream. Surely, Mitko would be right here, with her and Ragin, as he had been up until this point. And yet... when she gazed around the room where she lay recovering from her injuries, the tom was nowhere to be found, and the fox was whimpering, pawing at the door to be let out.

On unsteady feet, she rose and obliged the fox's whinings, pushing the door open and following him as he dashed out into the streets of the underground city, sniffing anxiously at the ground. All around, talks continued of the vanished felines - Discussion of search parties, sending hunters and trackers to seek out their companions as they normally sought out prey. And a few... suggesting that perhaps it was best if they left well enough alone. These cats had abandoned the tree, the goddess, them. Why go searching for those who would not do the same for them? If they truly cared, they would have remained, or would otherwise return on their own.

Beatrix truly hoped that Mitko would return soon, as he said he would.

---

Elsewhere, the cat in question had journeyed through the late night and early dawn in search of answers, of the strange call that pulled him from the tree and into the rough terrain of dense, thorny forest. He knew not what had brought him here, but as he traveled into the shadows of the distant woodlands, he found he'd developed some suspicions.

The Trinity Tree glowed with light, blue markings carved into its bark like veins on skin. And the darkness here seemed as deep and powerful as the shining tree's light. Indeed, they seemed... equal, in a way. Like weights on a scale, or a shadow cast in the sun. And if that were truly the case...

He would soon find that his suspicions held water. Deep in the woods, where the call was strongest, Mitko found another tree, its wood knotted and decaying. And another army, as well - The same that had battled them so recently. And yet the beings made no move to attack him now; rather, them simply stood, watching him approach with their hollow eyes.

And just as at the Trinity Tree, a voice rang out, one whose sound seemed to match this place's shape - Dark, deep, and mysterious. "I see you have come," it spoke. "Please. sit."

Mitko glanced with unease at the creatures around him. "What about them?" he asked.

The voice was quiet. And then it spoke again. "You need not fear. They will do you no harm. You are... my guest."

Though the voice's assurances did little to assuage his trepidation, he simply said, "Understood," and did as requested of him, sitting before the tree... though not so relaxed as to allow himself to be made a fool. No, he remained tense, ready to spring up and vanish if any of them dared to make a move.

"We have much to discuss," the voice said.

"We do," Mitko said. "Your army - Scouts, were they? - attacked my friend. Sent her flying, and dislocated her leg. Have you anything to say about that?"

The voice thought for a moment, and then spoke again. "That is... our nature. And that is the nature of war." Before Mitko could speak the words on the tip of his tongue, it continued. "However, I do apologize. I... do not bear you or your friend any ill will."

"...Hmph. Very well," Mitko said, not believing that for a second. "Then what did you wish to speak with me about?"

It spoke freely this time. "The goddess isn't who you think she is."

He chuffed. "Oh, I've suspected that from the start," he said. "Another question, then, if I may. This tree, and your voice... are not unlike those of the Trinity Tree and its goddess. Am I to assume that you are a deity of this world as well?"

"...Yes."

"Then, if I may continue from that logic. Have you heard of something called yin and yang? Two connected but opposite forces - The moon and the sun, water and fire? A shadow cast by lantern's light? Good being only established as anything at all when there is evil to which it can be compared, and vice versa?"

"Duality," the voice confirmed. "That is... A simple concept. But yes. It is one of which I am aware."

"Then," Mitko said at last, "are you the yin to the goddess's yang? And... are they-" He gestured to the army around him. "-the yin to ours?"

---

Ragin dug furiously, anxiously, at the soil at the base of the tree, whining in worry over his vanished friend. Scouts of the tree's own scoured the area around the tree, but few dared tread further. With no call for them to follow, they could merely examine what few hints were left behind; a shed tuft of fur here, a patch of grass bent out of shape there. Few were willing to risk their own disappearances in search of these cats, no matter how their vanishing act might have affected them.

While others prowled the earth, Beatrix had another idea. And so in spite of her injured leg, she fought through her pain to climb the tree, hooking her claws into the bark and pulling herself up little by little, until at last she found herself high in its limbs. If she were going to spot her friend's trail, surely, it would be better tracked from above.

It was a short while later, as the crept through the branches, that she felt the sensation of eyes somewhere, watching her - Not from the ground, where the cats wandered and the fox pawed at the earth, but rather, with her in the tree itself. She turned to find her eyes meeting the gaze of the goddess herself, watching with silent intent.

"Ah- Your Grace." Was that the phrase the characters had used in her human's game, to refer to the goddess of that world? She bowed her head and hoped she remembered that correctly. "Forgive my intrusion. I was... trying to find my friend."

The goddess simply shook her head gently. "It is no intrusion. You are... my guest." She gazed out towards the fields. "Your friend... was among those who have vanished, yes?"

Beatrix nodded. "He said last night that he had... How did he phrase it...?" She scrunched up her face in thought. "He said he had some... 'suspicions' about things, and was going to check them out. I'm sorry. He wasn't very specific."

For just a moment, Beatrix could have sworn she'd seen the goddess's eyes widen, as if in surprise, or perhaps intrigue. But as soon as the expression came, it was gone. "You are worried," she stated.

"Of course!" Beatrix said, almost a bit too hastily, a bit too forcefully. She began again. "Of course. We might not always see eye to eye, but... We're friends. Of course I'm worried about him."

"More worried about the possibilities of your friend's fate than the realities of your own?" The goddess gestured to Beatrix's injured leg, and the cat was suddenly acutely aware that she would be in for a rough time exiting the tree in this state.

Still, she swallowed her tongue at the pain she knew she was in for when it came time for her to descend. "I'll live," she replied. "But we... I don't know what's out there, except an army that tried to kill us. I'll be okay. But what about him?"

The goddess was silent for a time. "I cannot say what your companion will find beyond the tree. I cannot guarantee his safety," she said. "But I can offer you this."

And suddenly the dull ache in Beatrix's leg began to fade as the limb itself began to glow with the same, soft blue light of the tree. She simply watched in awe until the light faded, and when it did, she stretched her leg.

No pain.

"...Thank you, Your Grace," she said softly, bowing in reverence again. Then she paused. "Your Grace, might I ask you something?"

The goddess nodded. "You may."

Beatrix swished her tail in thought and looked down towards the base of the tree. "Your portal... I wasn't the one to find it, and neither was Mitko," she said. "It was Ragin who noticed it. Mitko came through going after him, and I came through following them." She looked up. "Why was Ragin the only one who noticed the portal? Were Mitko and I... even meant to come here?"

The two sat in silence for a time as the goddess seemed to ponder that question. It was minutes before she spoke. "You... each of you... have a role to play," was her response.

"...Okay," Beatrix said. It wasn't much of an answer, but she would take what she could get. "Thank you, again, Your Grace."

"You are welcome, child." And the goddess disappeared into the branches again.
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Story B
Your cats have chosen to follow the strange voice as it leads the way through open field and into the twisting path of the forests, growing darker and darker the further they get from the great tree and into the deep reaches of the bramble and thorn. At the end of the voice, they find another army. A... not so pleasant one. The army of decay stares, expectantly. They do not attack, they simply stare with empty eyes as another tree lies among them, rotted and gnarled. "Ah... I see you have come." a voice responds, deep, polluted, and dripping with mystery. "...Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn't who you think she is...." it says, evenly, showing control that the monsters it had sent the night before most certainly had not shown.

Do your cats run right away? Do they decide to hear out this strange dying god? Do they attack, or fight back?

Story A
Your cats have chosen to stay in the safety of the tree. An investigation starts into soldiers who were lured off, but to those who ignored the call long enough, it no longer sings to them. They are left to wonder where their companions have gone. In the meantime, when investigating something aboveground, they find themselves alone with the goddess in her tree, her eyes glowing as she studies them. She says nothing, only waiting, as if expectant of them to speak first.

What do they ask of her? What questions do they have? Do they attack her for bringing them to this place, blame her? Do they feel pity, or look down? Do they lash out in fear? Or show respect? Do they ask for a reward or good fortune? Do they walk away without asking a thing?

Username: Kitten-Girl-500
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:
Ichyr | Ravah | Subira | Luina
Link to their pride or group: Summitfall Pride
Prompt:
【ICHYR】

Ichyr stiffened as he stepped into the forest. His hackles raised as he padded through the undergrowth warily. The tug was still working within him, pulling him through the twisting paths. The light was slowly dying, and the air was filled with the scent of death and rotting things. The noxious odor made Ichyr want to run away from this terrible place and back to the Trinity Tree, but he held his ground. Something had called him out here for a reason, and he intended to find out what.

The forest seemed to loom over him the farther he went into it. The pine needles between his paws that had been dry at the edge of the forest were now damp and squelched beneath his paws. It made Ichyr wish that he had received manticore wings, so he could fly above this muck.

The tug was so strong now that Ichyr dared not turn back. All he could do was plod forward, hoping that whatever was calling him wasn’t planning to murder him before he could run back to the tree.

A wall of thorns came out of the distance, with a few scant trails winding between the brambles. Ichyr, sensing there was no other option but to plow through, braced himself and began to work through the thorns. The brambles caught at his horns and tusks, and though they didn’t catch on his scales, they very annoyingly got stuck on his pelt and mane. It was a hot minute before he was able to tear himself free of the brambles and escape into the clearing beyond.

“Rrgh,” Ichyr muttered as he pawed at his mane, trying to get chunks of thorn out of it. “Out of all things, why’d it have to be-”
He broke off, feeling eyes on him. Ichyr removed his paw from his mane and slowly lifted his gaze to see the army of decay standing in front of him. They were all gathered around another tree, but unlike the Trinity Tree, this one was gnarled and rotting, and stinking to high heaven.

Ichyr resisted the urge to plug his nose.

A voice drifted out of the midst of the tree, haunting and ethereal, like the goddess’ voice, but darker, like it was polluted with shadow. “Ah… I see you have come… Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn’t who you think she is…”

Ichyr stood still, shell-shocked. Who on earth was this strange creature? What information did he have about the goddess? What did he mean, the goddess wasn’t who he thought she was? Everything just didn’t add up, and Ichyr desperately wanted the missing variables to be filled in for him. He sat down, warily eying the creatures around him. They were still now, but he wouldn’t put it past them to attack him where he stood.

He lifted his chin, looking the tree in the eyes… or where he thought the eyes might be. He couldn’t really tell. Either way, he wasn’t going to back down easily. Ichyr wanted to hear both sides of the story, and if this was the only way to get that information, then so be it.
531/500

【SUBIRA】

Subira dusted herself off as she left the training grounds. Kadiki had been kind enough to teach her a few new Ancient moves, and they had been tougher to learn than Subira had originally thought.

She now headed for the hospital, hoping for news of Luina’s awakening. Though she despised the disobedient cub’s attitude and choices, she couldn’t help feeling sorry for the poor thing, and for Luina’s father. Ravah had been so distraught when Subira had left; she hoped for both their sakes that Luina was awake.

And she was not disappointed. As Subira entered Luina’s room, Ravah was already inside, yellow eyes shining with delight. Luina was laying on an elevated cot in the center of the room. Her lavender-colored eyes were wide open, and her little face quirked into a smile at the sight of Subira. “Snakie!” she cried, holding both forepaws up to Subira.

Subira couldn’t help grinning. “I’m glad you made it, Lu,” she said, surprising herself by using the nickname.

Luina cocked her head to the side. “Snakie tail?” she asked.

Subira set her rattle onto the young cub’s stomach. Luina let out squeals of delight as she shook it with her little forepaws, giggling when it rattled. Subira dangled her tail above Luina’s face and let the young cub bat at it.

“I’m glad she’s alright,” Subira said to Ravah.

“Me too.” Ravah looked every bit like the father he was as he leaned over to nuzzle Luina’s cheek. “You scared me, Lu!”

“Sowwy, Daddy,” Luina apologized. She immediately brightened and shoved Subira’s rattle into his face. “Snakie tail!”

“Yes, I can see that,” Ravah chuckled. He exchanged an amused glance with Subira. He frowned, glancing behind her. “Is Ichyr with you?”

Subira shook her head. “I thought he stayed here.”

When Ravah’s frown deepened, panic began to stir in Subira’s heart. She backed up towards the door, eyes wide. What if Ichyr had been called by that same pull she had felt? It had led her up to the surface; could he have headed that way?

She turned and ran out of the hospital, ignoring Ravah’s questioning shouts. If she was right, then Ichyr might have been captured by whoever controlled the mysterious song.

Subira was so focused that she almost ran straight over Cycad. “Sorry,” she said, turning back to talk to him, though she worked her paws on the ground.

Cycad shook out his mane. “It’s fine, Subira. I was just coming to find you, actually. A surface team needs your help investigating a scent trail.”

Subira’s eyes widened. What if the trail was Ichyr’s? “Alright!” she said, immediately haring away toward the surface tunnel. She didn’t stop to wonder who had been tugging her toward the surface; the pull had vanished now, and that was what mattered.

As she broke through to ground level, she turned around to see a glowing green face in the midst of the trunk. Subira dipped her head into a bow. “Your grace,” she said, unsure how to address this magnificent being.

The goddess opened a hole in the trunk of the tree. “Come inside,” she says. “I want to talk to you.”

To her? What could the goddess want from Subira? She shook her head, not sure how to answer those questions, and hauled herself up the trunk, making sure to use her claws only when she needed to. She did not want to disrespect the goddess. Subira climbed into the hole, feeling chills crawl up her spine as the tree resealed the hole, trapping her inside.

The goddess stood before her, a glowing, lionlike body made of green mist. Her gaze was patient and kind, yet there was a crispness about her, a kind of aura declaring that she’d been around for longer than anyone else on the earth.

“What did you want me to come here for?” Subira finally asked, breaking the silence.

“I wanted to talk to you,” the goddess repeated in her ethereal, silky voice. “Is there anything you want to ask me for?”

Subira was caught off guard by the question. “I…” She was unsure of what to say. Should she ask for blessings? Treasure? A reward for her help and service? Finally, she said, “Your grace, I should not ask anything of you. I am only here to defend the tree, and assisting you is reward enough.”

The goddess dipped her head in a pleased nod. “My child, because of your humility, I will make sure you survive this coming battle. I give to you the ability to shift in between your two forms at will, without any penalties. Thank you for your trust.”

Subira was shocked. “T-thank you,” she finally stammered. Shifting had always been taxing for her; she had never imagined that she would receive a reward like this.

The hole reopened behind her. “Ialis, child,” the goddess said in farewell.

“Ialis,” Subira replied, still filled with wonder as she exited the hollow. As she made her way back down the trunk, she couldn’t help but be amazed at the goddess’ generosity. What a reward it was!
852/500
[/quote]
Last edited by Kitten-Girl-500 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.