Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby hawkfire102 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 am

Username: hawkfire102
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Fallenmoon Mallardtuft Marshpaw
Link to their pride or group: Moonlight Fields
Prompt level completion: Level 3
Prompt: 513/500 words
Prompt A:
Fallenmoon watched Mallardtuft pace in front of the tree. He could see the worry in her frame and he felt the same.

"Why would she leave? I thought you talked her out of it?" Mallardtuft rambled on.

"I told her that we must do what's right and that we can only learn that through experience. If she thinks it is right, then we will have to trust her judgment." He said as he shook his head. He looked up to see Mallard paused in her pacing.

"Do.. Do you think we will have to fight her?" She asked. Fallen shook his head again.

"I can't tell you that for certain. We can only hope that she will keep herself safe." He answered her. He could see Mallard's fur bristling as she turned to the tree, looking straight up into its gaze.

"Why did you call us here! Why us?" She hissed.

"Mallard." Fallen said sternly.

"No, Fallen." She snapped at him. "I want to know why we're here. Why we're all here. Because we're supposed to work together but now everyone is divided and I want to know why." She turned to look back at the tree.

"Well! Why is it then! Why are we here and what are those things!" She shouted.

Fallen looked from Mallard up at the tree, curious to see its response. If they could get more information out of this situation, maybe they could resolve this peacefully. And more importantly, they could avoid fighting their friend.
[251]

Prompt B:

Marshpaw felt a stab of guilt as she padded away from the city, the tree, and her friends. Despite what had happened before, she still felt like she needed to venture out to answer this call. Because Fallenmoon said they had to do what was right and this felt right.

"I just hope I made the right choice.." She muttered to herself.

She continued along in the forest, pressing close to the ground. Her light-colored pelt sticking out like a sore thumb in the ever-increasing darkness. Her ears were perked as she followed the voice. She could see a clearing coming up and she froze upon entering.

Her claws dug into the earth seeing the army of decay in front of her. Her fur bristled as the voice started talking to her. She took a few steps forward, hearing that they only wanted to talk. She looked around at the others that had joined and she hesitantly settled down near the back in case she needed to flee.

Her fur never settled hearing that the goddess wasn't who they thought she was. So much of her wanted to run but she wanted to figure out the truth.

"What do you mean she isn't what we think she is? Why are you attacking her? What's caused all of this violence?" She asked. She was too far into this to run away now. She certainly couldn't go back to her friends without a good reason. She wanted to prove that she could do this, that there was a way to make things right here.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 am

Username: Frisco
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Sen, Rei, Varjo, Marlevort
Link to their pride or group: Night Watch | Purradise Lost
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:

Marlevort stepped confidently in the front of a weird procession of cats and lions. They made their way through a plain that yesterday’s battle took place at, through a forest that glowed with blue midnight hue and reminded him of home until they reached a clearing. All the while hearing the strange, melodic voice that gave them all a warm, hopeful feeling.

What they saw there did not match their expectations. A tree, large, but dead-looking, as if it has been burnt or struck by lighting. It gave a very faint hint of old glow. Behind it - the army of decay. Enemies of yesterday that weren’t quite allies now, but at least neutral towards them.

The tree spoke in a heavy, rasped voice, indicating that it’s owner has been through a lot. It sounded nothing like the melodic singing woke them up in the underground city. It told them to sit and asked to hear it out for it had important information to share about the goddess of the Trinity Tree. Marlevort curled up his tail around his legs and listened, rather disinterested. He did not care much for either of the gods or the reason of their discord. He was only interested in improving his own abilities and stopping whatever threat there was from reaching his own world.

After a few minutes he heard a “pst!” in his ear. He turned his head around to see Varjo and two other members of his team. The lion gestured with it’s head, signalling for Marlevort to follow him. They reached the outskirts of the clearing before Varjo spoke up.

- What do you think about this whole thing? It’s really weird, right?

Marlevort raised an eyebrow in question. The lion was clearly anxious. It was pacing back and forth between them, casting weary looks back at the dying tree.

- I mean, it’s clearly evil, right?

The little cat tilted it’s head to the side. Varjo noticed that he seems to be deeply analysing this question. Not because it confused him, but because that thought had not crossed his mind before.

- You think so? - it finally asked.

- It commands the forces of evil - chimed in a lioness with a spiked mane, the largest of the group. - It attacked us yesterday, now it wants us on their side.

A kitten, small for the standards of the denizens, bit her lower lip in thought.

- But, what if it’s saying the truth? All I want is to protect my people. I never swore to protect the goddess. If I can save them by joining up with this tree, then that’s a good thing, right? We’ll be saving lives.

Varjo finally sat down, his shoulders sagging. When he decided to enter the portal he had an image in his head of heroically saving the people of this land and being carried on their shoulders in glory back to his homeworld, where the whole village would welcome him with cheers and adore him with medals. And his captain wouldn’t be laughing anymore.

He sighed. He didn’t know things would get so complex. He was a good guy. But Abandoning his team, negotiating with the enemy and potentially joining up with them didn’t sound very heroic. Would he still be the good side if in the end it meant they’d save lives?

Maybe he should never have followed the voice.

-----

Rei wandered the area aimlessly with the other three members of their squad. He needed to let the steam off so he was loudly complaining about Varjo and his stupid ideas that would probably get him killed and that it wasn’t his fault because he tried to stop him, really.

Sen found himself the only lion in close vicinity of the great tree. He had a feeling that the goddess was observing him. He sat down in front of the tree and raised his head up to look at her face. His blue eyes met the eyes of the goddess, great and deep like oceans. A magnitude of questions was going through his mind all at the same time. Why did you call us? What do you really need? Can we save the people here? Is the army of decay all evil? Is there any chance we could reach an agreement with the other side and avoid the war and all the unnecessary bloodshed? Why did you let the other champions leave? Are you playing some kind of weird mind game or were you just too weak to stop them? Am I endangering myself and the felines who trust me for a good cause or are we only being used?

- Who is our enemy?

He finally asked the question that bothered him the most and hoped that the tree, silent since the talk she gave them right after they arrived, would speak again. She sounded very weak and tired when she addressed them back then, but he really needed some reassurance that he was doing the right thing. He did not want to make the same mistake again.

He sighed softly and wished Siare was here. She understood complex and mystical things like this much better than him. After all, she was the one who has shown him the truth that lead to stopping the war between dreams and nightmares. Right. Years ago, he thought that all nightmares were evil and hated them. That’s what he was told and so he listened and fought against them. It was only after he met one of them that he understood that they were no different than him. Both sides were just used in a meaningless conflict that fueled the spiral of hate.

What if something similar was happening here? What if the creatures they fought weren’t all bad and conflict could be avoided if they only made the effort of speaking to each other and figuring out a solution to their problems that didn’t involve bloodshed.

What if he made a mistake by staying with the tree? Maybe if he had followed the voice it would have taken him to the other side where he could negotiate the fates of the creatures of this land. Perhaps it lead to an Oracle like Sia, that would explain the situation to him and answer some of the questions still tumbling through his head and not letting his mind rest. Would he have gone if Rei hadn’t stayed?

Maybe he should have followed the voice.

[ 1071 words ]

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:03 am

Username: SurgeFire
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: orpheus, lucian
Link to their pride or group: Vallis
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:

Prompt 5 wrote:
Prompt A.

Orpheus could only look on in somewhat of a resigned sadness as Lucian gave into the thrall of the strange voice.
It was the only safe option, according to him; he didn't want to give into the voice and be lured into some kind of unknown danger.

After all, it could be the voice of the very enemy they were fighting against; Orpheus had reasoned it would be easy enough to take out the felines with just taking them into unfamiliar territory, separating them, and...
...killing them.

It wasn't as if he really cared about Lucian enough as a friend, given his actions towards him, himself, but he still worried about his allies.

Eventually, the voices stopped, but his regrets only grew.
Orpheus felt terrible for this; if only he could have convinced the others, they might have been able to resist the voices too! And they would have eventually stopped...
...and another regret was not being able to find his mate or his kit. He had learned Alaz came along with his mate already, which only intensified his worries about losing them to the voices. He wished to go with them, himself, but he resisted; he wanted to stay safe, even if that meant he'd be alone...
...no, they wouldn't die.
They couldn't.

The goddess of the tree had already awakened.
Orpheus held no ill will towards the tree for any part of the mission; any failures or successes; because he still believed in her words, he still believed in her guidance. He felt as if he believed her entirely.
Was it the earth magic, tying him to the goddess of the tree? It was a possibility, for sure, but not one that he wanted to entertain.
Ignorance was bliss.

Orpheus did not speak for a moment and only watched as her eyes just glowed. He knew that the others who stayed behind would want to ask their questions soon; they all wanted answers, in some capacity.
So he spoke.

"What has happened to those who have left?"

He was curious, because he knew he cared. He knew he was still stuck on his failures to protect them against the impulse, the control of the voices; how they persuaded the felines to walk away from where they were - only to find out that the voices would have stopped.
He wanted to feel somewhat better.

But he received no response.
An unsettling feeling stirred within him at this, unsure exactly how to react.
On one paw - he wanted to trust the goddess because he had been sent in there to do what she had commanded. He felt that if he strayed from her words then he'd have even more guilt and feelings of lost purpose; he wasn't sure what he would do.
But on the other, she hadn't responded.

It was as if she didn't care at all, did she?
No, no, he couldn't think that - he had to distract himself - he had to go.

He couldn't be with the goddess anymore, and he left.
[505 words]

Prompt B.

The journey was not exactly easy, but Lucian could not ignore the voices anymore.
He wanted to seek what they had to say; he wanted to figure out the meaning of it all, and he wanted to know if he could potentially gain more from this than what the goddess had to say.
And he knew that he'd be better off not doing what Orpheus did, he reasoned; he would adventure, and Orpheus would stay behind.
To the creamy tom, that was worth any doubts he had.

He still wanted to one-up that cat. There was no doubt in his mind about it.
The open field turned into twisting paths; it all grew darker and darker as he and the other cats and lions made their way towards their goal.
He did not mind this. It was necessary. It was all for his goal, he convinced himself; it was all for good, it was all to prove himself - prove himself better than even Alev - and she would see.
She would finally see that taking his rightful place was the worst thing she could have done for Vallis.

But his mission right now wasn't about that, he thought while shaking his head to clear those thoughts; he had to concentrate on what mattered at the moment, which was getting to the goal.
He had to admit, the darkness of where they were headed was not something he was quite enjoying.
He wondered if Orpheus was right; he wondered if it was the voice of the enemy calling them, but he suppressed that thought.
Orpheus couldn't be right. He'd be... utterly ashamed of himself if it turned out that Orpheus had been right in staying, and he had been led into a trap. He wouldn't know what to do if Orpheus proved himself more of a hero than Lucian.

And then, he saw the army.
He and the others that had come with him had similar reactions of horror; for him, it was not just the sight of decay and rot, it was the cold knowledge that the army that they had just fought was not unlike this one.
Had they been led into a trap? Was Orpheus right?

Were they going to all be killed, just like that? They could not fight the army at the heart of their land, surely; his fur prickled in apprehension as they kept towards the rotted tree.

And he heard the voice.
He heard their words; ones that twisted the goddess in a negative light, words that caught his attention.
Was the voice right? He looked back at the other cats that were with them and noticed their mixed reactions; and.. he listened.
He wasn't opposed to hearing the dying god out.
Although he normally distrusted gods, and cursed their words, there was something about their words that seemed... to make him trust them.

Perhaps the goddess wasn't the right one, after all.
Maybe he'd find better glory if he heard out this god.

He listened to what they had to say.
[507 words]

1012 words total

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:49 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mios
Link to their pride or group: Oasis Basin
Prompt level completion: 3
Prompt:
    As Mios and his party journeyed deep into the wood the uneasy feeling grew. No matter how far they walked it didn't seem to effect the pull calling them. Unknowing whether or not they had a few hours left or a days travel left. Some of the small injured had lost thier strength miles back, taking rest upon Mios's back. "If we don't reach whatevers called us after much longer we will need to make a temporary camp." Mios himself was beginning to feel fatigue creep into his muscles. Before he could speak up again the cat leading them froze. Their hackles rising almost instantly, "There's more of those things ahead. It's leading us straight towards them." Worried and fearful voices broke out amongst the small group. Mios spotting others that had arrived in similar distress at the discovery. His medicine friend however seemed not fazed in the least bit, having spotted the decaying tree the monsters seemed to surround. Her curiosity leading her forward with those brave ends to approach. Mios following with hesitation in his steps, senses focused on the nearest beasts to the party. Although they seemed to not act as those from the battle previous nerves weren't calmed in the slightest.

As lions and cats alike joined together amongst the decaying army demands for answers and explanations began to rise. Mios looking expectedly at the tree before them as he stood between those hiding behind his form and the monsters around. As emotions continued to rise a vioce broke out amongst them that seemed to cast all into a silence. The deep and controlled voice echoed over everyone. Welcoming them with kind words and warnings of things unknown. Mios felt torn at its announcement of the goddess being not who she claims. Faith built from the trust in the moon, sun, and river being used to trust in his decision to help another who claimed to need them. The young lion not witnessing a plains deities do anything that would purposely harm they're people, but re-realizing he is not among her people. Thinking hard on his decision Mios did indeed sit as the voice asked. Wanting to know both sides of the trees battle before his next action. No longer sure in the words from gods not of the Oasis but still willing to help he watched as others joined him. A few fled, not able to handle the sight before them and chooses the dark wood instead. With no surprise he watched as the cat who joined him sat alongside his form. Eyes holding curiosity and worry for the less lively tree. As if examining its form for injuries that no one else could see. As she mumbled something about Starclan give her guidance the voice spoke again. Explaining that its army would be no threat to them at this time. A possible truth was shared with strangers called from another realm. A truth that would turn some against the one who had first claimed to need their help.
    [504]
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
carbon in our souls,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆
◇◇◇
My SZ Herd
◇◇◇
☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
93 percent stardust,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
we are all just stars that have
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:50 am

Username: bmkmb
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Imortius, Dosatsu
Link to their pride or group: Hawker's Isle
Prompt level completion: Level 5 [1072/1000]
Prompt B

The black tabby hides a scowl as he follows the other... champions, they call themselves. Dosatsu sees no champions. There are cats and lions succumbing to a monster's song; he hates that he is one of them. Dosatsu despises these creatures that think themselves heroes. It is only a game that they are playing. Call him a pessimist; whatever happens, goddesses and runed trees be cursed, they are going to lose. They are going to lose this... battle, this war, and Dosatsu could not care less. Yet here he is, trailing these boisterous cats into the darkening woods - and he enjoys it.

No, it is not the companionship nor the traveling that he enjoys. It is not even that Imortius is still back at the tree. Dosatsu is reveling in the lack of light that this forest brings. Oh, how he has missed the darkness. Painted skies, cats with shining fur and glowing eyes... not even in sleep could he rid his mind of color. This drab forest is the closest he's been to his home in this world. Dosatsu doesn't care if it worries the other cats around him. He likes the darkness. Imortius does, too.

The fur on his back prickles up, hackles raising upon sensing another army. An army of the dead, and another tree. This one is rotting which, frankly, Dosatsu prefers to the glowing one that he left, but why must there be so many trees? All they are are heaps of bark, leaves, and branches.

A polluted voice speaks; it sounds like oil and reminds the tabby of corruption. An aura of mystery surrounds the army and the speaker, and Dosatsu's wariness level leaps. He is not tense, but he is prepared to fight. Fighting and thinking and anticipating and... worrying? Being nervous, as skittish and wary as a little lamb; it seems that that is all that Dosatsu is capable of these days. Something else for him to despise: himself. Whoever thought that the dangerous rogue Dosatsu could become homesick? Whoever thought that his hatred could increase? Even Imortius must not feel such emotion. The tortoiseshell, Dosatsu suspects, is suspicious, but otherwise devoid of emotion. That is just how he is.

The creature is a monster, but then again, they all are. It is sentient, or at least, sentient enough. It has power over a dying army.

Sit down, the voice says. Dosatsu refuses. The world will turn to war before he follows the orders of a stranger, but wait - they already are at war. How ironic is that. It was a blunt statement; he left off the question mark purposely. The creature claims that the goddess isn't what he - they - think. What do they think? Dosatsu does not trust the goddess, nor does he trust this creature. He trusts no one in this world but for Imortius, and even that is a twisted form of trust.

The black tabby remains standing, red eyes glaring, subconsciously preparing to fend off an attack. He will listen to what this creature has to say. It is up to him if he believes it or not. [513 words]

Prompt A

Back inside the tree, a black and orange tom stands within the shadows. Or at least, as 'within the shadows' as one can get in a glowing, brightly lit tree. Imortius, much like Dosatsu, is wary. He - like his fellow tom - does not trust the goddess, does not know what to think. Perhaps he should not have had followed the rogue all that time ago. At least, then, he would be in his own world, not this corrupted painted one, mysterious, ominous, and on the brink of war. But if he had not have followed Dosatsu, when the vortex closed, he would not have known the fate of his... not-friend. It would have driven him to the darkness, or as farther as he could have gotten from the light if he had not known. Imortius despised not knowing things.

The call had gone. He no longer feels pulled, inclined to follow. Yet Dosatsu had disappeared. Funny, Imortius had always thought that the rogue had better self-restraint than him. Apparently not, since the other tom had left. Perhaps the light had been getting to him. Imortius is fairly sure that the path that the others took led somewhere through the darkness. It irks him that they are separated yet again, but one of them needed to stay. It is too bad that neither of them are psychic. That way they could stay connected.

Imortius is not worried about Dosatsu's safety; he knows that the other tom can handle himself quite well. He would not have been a rogue if he wanted a domination's support. This world is not unlike his own, in this odd, twisted sort of way. There is still the tenseness, the anticipation that one could be attacked any second. Only that here, no one is at peace. No one who is competent enough to be a champion is at peace. And yet, many cats seem perfect fine with this... arrangement. They are insane, all of them.

The goddess stares at them curiously, eyes glowing; what is with these cats and their glowing eyes? He cannot stand it, and yet, he does. There is nowhere else for him to go. The tree is silent and Imortius will not be the one to break it. What will the other cats ask, he wonders. A reward? If so, then how foolish. This goddess, this creature dragged them here. If any cat is blind enough to ask for a prize, then they do not deserve one at all. Imortius is doubtful that the goddess will speak. There is venom when he thinks that word: goddess. What is so godlike about it? It is a creature, a bizarre-looking one with glowing eyes like the rest of these other-worldly abominations. What can it do?

He stares back at the goddess, stoic, but in his eyes are a challenge, a threat, and hatred. Imortius very much wishes to turn tail and leave this dreaded area, to run after Dosatsu and follow him instead. At least then he would be out of this goddess' sight. But those eyes are staring directly at him and he cannot bring himself to move. He will not speak, he will not move. Even his breathing is silent. He wonders if the goddess can here his thoughts. He will not apologize for his rudeness, even if it gets him killed. [559 words]
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:20 am

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) Crypt
[b]Link to their pride or group:
Sun Gorge Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 5/1009 words]
Prompt: -June 5 (A)-
Crypt doesn't know how long he walks through the unfamiliar forest. He doesn't know much about what happened between walking outside beside the tree and here. Here being in a clearing between blackened trees that looked to almost be melting. The sky is dark, the ever present stars he'd come to know these past weeks are gone. In its place is a giant, mottled moon that glows a dusty green. The moment he entered the clearing that strange calm that had come over him disappeared. It felt like falling off a high cliff, the terror he felt as he realized what happened. When Burr Kel had compelled him and the others in Sun Gorge he’d felt like there was a sun burning in his chest. Coming out of this compulsion felt like squeezing mud from his lungs.

He wasn’t alone, which was neither a good or bad thing. Beside him are several creatures from the other worlds as well as some Guardians and one of the Mages. But facing them in a semi circle were monsters he recognized as the enemy. Some of their ranks bore resemblance to those who had attacked them. But many were larger and even more fearsome. And the sheer size of their forces. Crypt had been wrong, there were stars here. Amongst the near black of the trees the eyes of the horde glowed with pale sickly light. Behind their front line, but still surrounded by the monsters, was a tree, larger and more sickly than the ones that they had walked through. It was gnarled and bent like it had been broken several times.

Then a voice speaks. “Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn't who you think she is." It hisses and crackles and not a single creature had seemed to open their mouth and utter it.

Crypt felt a shiver down his spine. This was all his worst cubhood fears come back to haunt him. Here were creatures so much bigger and stronger than him who took him completely unaware. And the only hope he had of surviving were the few strangers who had also been enchanted by these creatures.

“What is the meaning of this?!” one of the Guardians roars.

“Oh the poor brainwashed fools,” the voice croons, dripping with condescension. “You simper before that goddess of yours,” it mocks them. “Convinced of the righteousness of your cause. How brave and pure you are.” And here the voice becomes curious, the cracking of it’s sounds mellowed to a simple roughened purr. “But you’re here, aren’t you? You answered our call.”

Finally, the crowd moves. Before they did Crypt had not realized how absolutely, unnaturally still they had been. He released a breath he had not realized he’d been holding. Opposite him and the others they part to reveal a demon that would barely reach up to Crypt’s chest. But he has learned not to underestimate his enemies. Especially ones of such supernatural ability. The creature had pointed ears, and long pointed snout, and a long tail like a monkey’s, but three times as long and textured like bone. Their fur drips big, fat globs of shadow. Then it parts its jaws and speaks.

“You all seek answers. A way out. A way to fortune and the futures you desire. Have you not wondered why your goddess keeps you close? Why you are told never to venture beyond the the light of the stars?”

The creature stalks toward them. It's tail flicking playfully and that wicked smile stays firmly in place. Crypt feels rooted to the spot. He can't tell if it's fear or magic that prevents his legs from moving. The more they talked, the more Crypt got the sense that they were very old, ancient eeven. They slink across the pitted ground and twine through their legs. No one moves.

"It's because she's using you. She needs your power to feed herself. She takes and she takes. Sure, she'll leave you enough to make you strong, to give you magic. To keep you from realizing. You may think some of you are stronger, gifted, in tune with magic. You see their feats as proof of your superiority. But really, they are the ones she has not been able to suppress. They throw off her chains, if only a little. You could all be so much more if her tyranny ended."

Now the creature circles Crypt's legs. Its presence is cold, but not slimy like its appearance suggests.

"We are strong, and we do not depend on her light to fuel us." It raises up on its hind legs, tucking its paws to its chest, and nuzzles beneath Crypt's chin. "You are strong and daring, imagine how much stronger you could be when that warrior's heat is no longer chained." It stretches further and puts its snout right at Crypt's ear. Its thin, forked tongue brushes his fur when it next speaks, "wouldn't that be nice?"

Crypt has learned to be suspicious. Some call it paranoia. But it's what's kept him alive. This creature speaks too easily to his fears. It dangles glory in front of them with it's words.

But whose to say the goddess is anymore trustworthy?

"Prove it," he says. He shakes his head and pushes the creature away. Before it can retreat Crypt steps on its tail so it can't escape. He gets in their face and looms over them."Show us you're not just talk. I know creatures like you. Arrogant and full of lies. Bring me your proof. Or we're not taking another step."

The creature grins. It thinks it's won.

"Proof you say. For that you'll need to release me."

"I don't think so," Crypt throws back mockingly.

"You're going to get me my proof. And the maybe I'll let you up."

It barks a laugh. "You're a shrewd one, aren't you. Very well." It smiles, more a covetous leer than anything. "You shall have your proof. Child." Then it tips its head to the silent horde. "Bring me the Lanturn."
Last edited by wucaian on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:45 am

[Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt: link

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:55 am

Story A
Your cats have chosen to stay in the safety of the tree. An investigation starts into soldiers who were lured off, but to those who ignored the call long enough, it no longer sings to them. They are left to wonder where their companions have gone. In the meantime, when investigating something aboveground, they find themselves alone with the goddess in her tree, her eyes glowing as she studies them. She says nothing, only waiting, as if expectant of them to speak first.

What do they ask of her? What questions do they have? Do they attack her for bringing them to this place, blame her? Do they feel pity, or look down? Do they lash out in fear? Or show respect? Do they ask for a reward or good fortune? Do they walk away without asking a thing?

Story B
Your cats have chosen to follow the strange voice as it leads the way through open field and into the twisting path of the forests, growing darker and darker the further they get from the great tree and into the deep reaches of the bramble and thorn. At the end of the voice, they find another army. A... not so pleasant one. The army of decay stares, expectantly. They do not attack, they simply stare with empty eyes as another tree lies among them, rotted and gnarled. "Ah... I see you have come." a voice responds, deep, polluted, and dripping with mystery. "...Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn't who you think she is...." it says, evenly, showing control that the monsters it had sent the night before most certainly had not shown.

Do your cats run right away? Do they decide to hear out this strange dying god? Do they attack, or fight back?

Username: MySpoons
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: MAR'S CHAMPION, Samael, Isolde
Link to their pride or group: The New Guard
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt III: [1024/1000]

A.

Samael finds himself standing before the goddess, eyes glowing soft blue. He isn't sure if she's looking at him. Samael walks around the tree, studying the runes and glowing patterns. It likely means something but it is beyond his comprehension. When he leans close to sniff the markings, the blue glow mixes with his red and gold flowing eyes into strange purple and green lighting. Like the sky. Unnerved, Samael steps away and back to the goddess.

She remains silent, which irritates Samael. Surely a goddess to called out for help and went to such lengths to find herself warriors would have the words to explain herself amidst such confusion. Samael did not want to join the investigation looking for the missing cats-- he saw them leave, pulled by that odd desire that tempted him. The only mystery is what was pulling them, which Samael assumes they will found out soon enough.

"This war you've brought us to fight on your behalf, why is it happening?"

If Samael hadn't heard the goddess speak prior to this moment, he would have thought she was incapable of speech. Irritated, Samael starts to pace.

"I've come on behalf of my patron god, Mars. God of War. He has no scruples of which side I fight, only that I'm in the thick of it. This undead army, you've given us so little information. Is it because you have nothing to share, or you fear what would happen if you did? Are you disrupting the balance of life and death?"

More silence.

Samael rears up and puts his claws on the tree bark to get closer to the goddess's face. "Death has a place in the universe-- arguably, more so than life. Life is only temporary. This city you sit above, are you helping them or are they sustaining you? Do you deserve our effort?"

You're serving a noble cause--

Samael scoff, interrupting the goddess. The tree roots creak under him but he doesn't back down. "Noble?! That's just saying we're fighting for something you're willing to sacrifice our lives for. Noble isn't always right. I am certainly an example of that." Samael bares his teeth, which were once white before he accepted Mars' patronage. Now, they are dark, almost black like dried blood.

"It does not matter if my time is wasted as long as there is a war. But everyone else? If you're misleading them, you will have a reckoning." Samael backs down after leaving punctures into the thick bark. "And if they turn against you, I will be here for the carnage."

- -- --- -- -

B.

Isolde weaves through the thick tree trunks, straining her eyes the deeper into the forest she delves. The weak light from the sky cannot reach the ground, so old and large are the trees of this forest. Brambles and thorns emerge, twisting around all available cover. The thorns catch her fur a few times, breaking off when her cold aura makes them brittle. The supernatural call drawing her in ebbs until Isolde feels alone, stranded in the forest. She pauses and closes her eyes, trying to sense anything more.

But she walks forward, cautiously, and almost trips over a rock. No, not a rock-- a... what is that? It is a small round thing with pebbles and twigs sticking out of it. When the ice spirit looks up from the small creation, she finds herself faced with a forest full of similar forms. Empty eyes where the things are styled to have them, while some of them are simply larger organic shapes with bigger rocks and branches and partial trees. Isolde leans back on her haunches, almost sitting in case she has to run. But none of them move. There is only the faint whisper of wind through the leaves.

Growing bolder, Isolde cocks her head and starts to weave through the creatures. This close, she can feel the faint magic that lies dormant within them. While the creatures-- golems, she guesses-- are frightening to look at, the magic itself does not feel harmful or corrupt. Isolde walks between them, going deeper and deeper until she stands before a small clearing where a rotted tree barely stays standing with old curved roots.

Ah... I see you have come. A voice originates from the tree trunk, weak and rasping. This must have been the source of the call. ...Please, sit. We have much to discuss. The goddess isn't who you think she is....

Goddess? Isolde, though, sits. "I am the Ice Spirit, serving under Skadi, the Goddess of Winter. I've headed your call."

Mmmm, the voice seems to ponder her. You weren't here before, I would have sensed your power.

There was one other, though... too bad that one couldn't join us.

Isolde cocks her head. "Who is this goddess? Has she trapped you? And what others?" Isolde closes her eyes and tries to reach out to sense another god or spirit without success.

She is not who you think she is, she's been twisting her words. The voice continues. It belongs to a being not unlike her but with little power. Maybe it is a spirit at the end of its power? So far it doesn't seem to be with it all the time.

"Who? What can I do to help you, old spirit?" Isolde tries to get it to focus again, forgetting about the army of golems around her. "I heard your call, I am here to help in any way I can."

We must wait for more, surely more heard my call...

Confused, Isolde looks around her. No one else is here. Unless-- she shakes her head to get a glimpse of the mortal plane, and is suddenly surrounded by wary cats both large and small. Some of them cowering under the tree, some with their claws out ready to fight. Some of them are talking but she cannot make out the words, not yet fully committing to the mortal plane yet.

"What is this? You need mortals for this? Why so many?" Isolde asks, alarmed. Involving mortals into conflicts of the higher planes can cause chaos and ruin for them.

-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:16 am

Username: AJ.
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Nereus Alaz
Link to their pride or group: Antiquis Aetheres
Prompt: 1016 words

B

The walk was long, but Nereus was glad that he was able to keep his son company as they trekked across the wide expanse of field. The grass was soft underpaw, relaxing his weary limbs. He paid little mind to Alaz when he trailed off, because his son had learnt that he shouldn't stray far anymore.
    At least something came out positive with his injuries. Nereus tried to shake the guilt that gripped his heart, but his paws kept pushing forward.
    Nereus' pawsteps faltered at the trees.
    He didn't really want to be here, but if Orpheus was here... well he knew that he needed to protect his mate, and son. Alaz didn't think through situations, and still lacked the control he needed to be a formidable fighter.
    He swallowed his fear as he'st he could.
    The trees loomed over him and Alaz, the dark trunks twisted and knurled and saying everything except "please come in! Its safe here!" Nereus shoved down the wave of nausea that hit him.
    He had to do this for Alaz.
    For Orpheus.
    He couldn't just abandon the both of them, they needed him.
    He took a deep breath, whiskers quivering as he lead Alaz into the shadowy woods.
    From there, the path narrowed and twisted around, the voices seemed louder than ever too. Nereus swallowed heavily, his throat still very dry. The trip had so far been in mostly silence, aside from Alaz's multiple distractions over a butterfly or beetle.
    Hopefully there would be water in the forest.
    The shadows covered the pair is strips of darkness, sending constant shivers up Nereus' spine. He slowed to keep from losing the footing underneath him in the dim light, and Alaz ran forward. He muttered a quick "I got this da!" And his tail ignited in bright orange flames. Nereus smiled, pride blossoming in his stomach.
    He took a deep breath, smelling cats, and his eyes narrowed. He knew Orpheus' scent by heart... so why couldn't he pick it up?
    His heart raced, jumping in his chest.
    No, Orpheus came here too, he saw him.
    What if he didn't?
    What if he wasn't here?
    Nereus raced past Alaz, his tail flowing with the ocean's tides as he ran down the trail.
    "Dad wait!" Alaz called from behind him, and Nereus glanced back, only to collide with something dense and rough. He jumped back, letting out a started hiss as he realized he ran into a clearing filled with monsters.
    Alaz was once again at his side, trying to calm his father down. But Nereus' head whipped from side to side, looking for Orpheus, he glanced around as he recognized some cats from the battlefield, but none had a black pelt with orange eyes.
    He felt a scream rise in his chest.
    He left Orph behind.
    He abandoned him.
    The air ripped from Nereus' lungs and he dropped down in a heap, fear pooling in his stomach and his tail losing its magic. His paws felt numb, he ripped into the soil under paw to try and feel something, anything.
    "Ah... I see you have come...Please, sit. We have much to discuss." The voice he had been followed called. Nereus stopped a sob from tracking up his throat and he looked around, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.
    "Da, relax." Alaz's face was screwed up in concern as he stepped forward, looking for the voice. Nereus took a deep breath as the voice spoke again, another shiver running up his throat.
    The goddess wasn't who he thought she was...
    Nereus looked up, shoulders tensing. "What do you mean?" He asked.
    He was a god himself, he worked with goddesses in Antiquis Aetheres, he knew some were manipulative and lying. All deities were to some extent, even if he didn't want to admit that himself. He took in another shaky breath, trying to will his mind to calm down, just think of water, think of home.
    You'll be there soon.
    Alaz had wandered off, and Nereus found himself stumbling to his paws, walking heavily over to a stream to drink. He sat there for several long minutes, staring into his reflection before he finally leaned down to quench his thirst. His body grew stronger immediately and he felt his aching muscles relax.
    He looked around at the monsters, at the other cats that went with him and Alaz in search of this voice. Then, he saw the cream tom. Energy flowed through him as he raced up.
    "Where is Orph?" He asked suddenly, the panic returning as his thoughts raced. But it took several moments for the large tom to look over and acknowledge him, but he still didn't offer a response. "I said where is Orpheus!"
    The creamy tom glared back with odd eyes, and Nereus found his tail flooding with waters as his powers gained momentum.
    "Stayed behind." The cream tom grumbled in response. Nereus felt any hope that was left flicker out.
    He backed away, holding back a snarled as he looked around once more, finding Alaz again and coming up beside him.
    "Orpheus isn't here." He explained.
    "You mean Pa came to the tree and you didn't tell me?" Alaz suddenly snapped, eyes widening with surprise. "I wondered why you were so willing to come here. It was out of character." He growled, pivoting on his paws.
    "Azzy, we need to go back, it's not safe here." Nereus' throat still felt dry, but he resisted the urge to go to the water.
    "You go back, I'm staying here. I never liked that goddess." His son snapped, and Nereus shrunk away.
    He couldn't leave his son here, there was nothing to keep a fire if he got hurt. Nereus frowned as he watched his son's black figure move to sit next to the creamy tom. They had to listen to what this voice had to say, he guessed.
    Hesitantly, Nereus sat down beside his son, who curled his lip at him.
    He knew he should've told him right away.
    now he was angry.
    As he should be...
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:19 am