Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby Frisco » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:48 am

Username: Frisco
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Sen, Rei, Varjo, Marlevort
Link to their pride or group: Night Watch | Purradise Lost
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:

A small procession of champions followed the old lion through the tunnels. Among them was Rei who complained loudly throughout the whole way to anyone who would listen to him. Sen undertood and shared his worry. Did they really have time to be watering plants when really they should be training and planning strategies for the next attack, which would inevitably come soon? But he did not complain because he could see the benefits of doing some different labour for a while. Manual, physical work would let their minds rest when they would have to push their worries aside to focus on the plants, even if for just a short bit. It was the best time to think too, when you got your paws dirty by digging, your thoughts were free to wander.

When they reached the gardens they were all surprised to see how many and how abundant with greenery they were. When he heard they’d be planting saplings, Rei imagined an empty field where they would have to dig holes for them. Instead, there were orchards, bushes, fresh growing vegetables and medicinal herbs.

They were assigned areas and Sen was quite happy that he was separated from Rei. His constant nagging and complaining would not have made this experience any more pleasant. As he stood by the fresh dirt where he was supposed to plant his saplings, he realised that he never had any experience with gardening. When they lived in the savanna some of the lionesses of his pride pride to decorate it with flowers, but it was too sandy and dry and all of their attempts failed. He planned to grow some nice flora in the new area, but he never imagined himself doing it. He would delegate it to someone more suited. Like, literally anyone else. He did not have that luxury here. He’d have to get his own paws dirty.

He looked at the neighbours to his right and left and observed what they did, then tried copying them with mixed results.

-----

Varjo listened to the speech along with Marlevort and their other two companions. He was hoping it would clear out some questions that were beginning to rise in his head, but it only added more. Immortality, life and death. All very complex subjects that he never before had to consider. His heart was telling him that the goddess of the Trinity Tree was good and kind and cared for the felines living this land. She only wanted best for them. However, that wasn’t always what they needed.

The Tree of Decay had a point. The circle of life should be kept. That’s how it’s always been and how it always will be. If it was interrupted, what could possibly happen? Would it lead to great, endless wars where neither side could ever die so they would fight for eternity? That seemed silly. They were bound to come to reason after a century or two out of pure exhaust. But what else could it mean? Would lions still age, but simply be unable to ever die? He imagined his captain, an old lion with much of his hair and teeth already fallen out, who slept for most of the days (and that really was the best part of him) and who was purely nasty when awake. He shuddered. He never wanted to look or act like that old man. To think he would spend eternity like that… He shuddered again. Also, most importantly, would that mean that if there was no death there would also be no new life?

All of that made his head start to ache. He turned to his companions and noticed Marlevort walking away. He run after him and stopped him.

- Where are you going?

- Back to the tree.

- What? Why?

Marlevort waved his tail lazily.

- I do not agree with this god. I have made my decision. You should too.

And with those words he walked away. The small cat and spiky-maned lioness caught up to Varjo. They stuck with him this whole time despite their captain not being here. He appreciated that. It was nice to have a familiar face to talk to, even through they were only familiar for a few days.

- Are you going too?

The lioness shook her head, but the cat only shrugged.

- Yeah… - his eyes followed the slowly disappearing silhouette of Marlevort. - I feel like I should stay. But I can’t imagine what will happen if this god wants us to fight the forces of the goddess. I cannot fight Rei, he’ll kill me!

The lioness nodded in agreement, which did not make him feel any better.

- But if we do stay… we can learn more about this side. And about the goddess. - His ears perked up a little, for the first time since coming here. - Maybe this is a good idea. We’ll gather information and turn it to Sen. Before it comes to any fighting, maybe with our knowledge combined we’ll figure out how to stop this whole mess - he looked for approval in the eyes of his companions. None came. - You see, my captain, he already stopped one war. Maybe he can stop another. Yes, that’s it - he was talking himself into the idea. - We’ll be like spies! - he looked around, concerned, and spoke again, this time in a whisper. - We’ll be like spies.

- I will stay. The circle of life has been present since the beginning of time. It should stay this way. We, as lions, make sure of that. The goddess is wrong.

The lioness seemed certain in her decision, unlike Varjo or apparently, the smaller cat. She only sighed and sat down, looking a little bit down and confused.

- I don’t want to go back all the way alone, so I’ll stay.

Varjo gave her an uncertain, but encouraging smile.

- I’m glad. It will be much easier to do this with you two here with me - then he added, with a hint of a joke - I hope I never become captain. Making decisions is not for me.

[ 1010 words ]

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 am

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan, Kamala, and Iah| Hazel
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride | Hallow's Edge
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:

[1,223/1,000]

Prompt A wrote:Honestly, Chetan wasn't opposed to being given the task of gardener, though he certainly wasn't surprised that many champions were. It was a bit strange to be called to war and then be told to care for the gardens, but the general was right; all life should be nurtured, cared for, protected. That was part of the reason why he had agreed to answer the goddess' call, to protect the life she loved, and to protect the lives of those in the Valley.

To protect Kai?

His mind flashed back to the frightening lioness with the aura of blazing light about her. He winced, scrunching his eyes shut briefly.

Yes, to protect Kai.

Chetan couldn't pretend his reasonings were all noble, though. Deep down, he took this as a way to redeem his first failure in the Valley, the one that earned him the titles Harbinger of Doom and Herald of Death among so many. Though it was not on his mind when he went, so he had no clue there would be champions from other prides, he hoped that they saw his actions here and forgave him, or at the very least, because more open to the truth.

"What're you just sittin' there for?"

Chetan looked up, spotting a familiar one-eyed face glaring at him. The leopard ducked his head, embarrassed. "Sorry!'

The elder huffed, grumbling something under their breath about slackers before ambling away. Chetan quickly set to work, desperate for a distraction. Of course, he was no gardener, and frequently had to ask the tree guardians what he should do or had one of them scurry over and fix what he had done wrong, some doing so much more harshly than others.

---

Hazel was glad to be able to move around without pain. The healers here truly were amazing; it had only bee two days, but her burns were mostly gone. Like they had said, she wouldn't even scar. Still, she was surprised to be approached by the general and be asked to garden. Though she probably couldn't train just yet in her current state. With nothing else to do, Hazel accepted, grateful to still provide some use.

It was her job to dig holes for new seeds and saplings, and to plant them properly. She learned it within the first few tries, and was able to go on to help others with similar tasks and clumsier paws. By the end of the day, Hazel was tired and covered in dirt, but satisfied with her work. It was strange to think that, by way to the garden, she would be leaving a piece of herself behind in this world.

Had she still thought than this was the spirit world, Hazel would have been much more uncomfortable with that knowledge. But, her assumption had been cleared up yesterday; though this world contained more visible magic than hers, this was not the spirit realm. Still, Hazel was proud to serve it as a champion, and honestly? She was proud to have helped tend to the trinity tree's gardens.

Prompt B wrote:Kamala flinched as silver eyes emerge from the twisted tree. She felt Iah tense beside her under the dying god's stare.

At the end of their speech, Iah was on his feet as the wooden soldiers snarl and stomp around them. "Liar!" The blue lion snarled. His tail lashed behind him as he spoke. "You are the one who seeks to disrupt life! Do you dare say your decay is natural?"

The wooden soldiers nearby turned their attention to Iah and Kamala. The lioness winced under their furious gaze. "Iah, be quiet!" She whispered desperately.

"No!" He whipped around to face Kamala. "I won't listen to his lies, and I won't let him deceive you, Kamala!"

"Nobody's deceiving me!" The lioness snapped, standing up herself. For now, the wooden soldiers seem content to let the two argue among themselves. Perhaps a few of them even enjoy the show, if they truly see with those lifeless eyes of theirs. "I asked you to let me make this decision for myself."

"So you're siding with him?" Iah challenged in a low voice. "The very thing you came here to fight?"

"I didn't know what I was fighting when I came here!" Iah stepped back, stunned by the lioness's sudden outburst. Kamala held him with her furious gaze for a moment before hanging her head, letting her shoulders sag. "I'm just a cartographer..." What had she been thinking? What had she gotten herself into?

"Kamala-"

"I don't know how things work here, I know. But this world seems so much like mine. Almost everyone I've met had reminded me of someone I love." She looked up, meeting Iah's gaze for a moment. "I don't think our two worlds are as different as we think."

"...What does that have to with this?"

Kamala sighed. "I've always been told that life is a... cycle. And that death, no matter how painful it is, is a necessary part of it." She winced as Iah's face fell, darkened. "N-now, don't look at me like that-"

"So that's it then? You're on his side now?"

"I'm not sure-"

"You need to be!" Iah snapped. "This isn't a game, Kamala! This a war, life and death!"

"I know that!"

"So then you know you can't just go changing your mind, sympathizing with the enemy!"

"Iah, I need you to calm down." Kamala said coldly. Iah opened his mouth, but she quickly cut him off. "This has been your entire life, our entire world. I just got here two days ago. This isn't a game to me, but this is very different for me than it is for you. I was called away from my home to fight in a war against some all-consuming evil, but look." She gestured at the dormant army watching them. "We've been called here, and we've been safe. Even you." Something changed in Iah's face as he realized that was true. "...I'm really not sure who is telling the truth, who to fight for. But I know that eternal life can't happen, not in the way he says your goddess seeks it. Death is part of life, to feed into and give space for new life."

"So you would let your loved ones die?"

Kamal groaned in frustration. "That's not what I- that's- It's not that simple, Iah. Death is just... part of life."

"But it doesn't have to be." Iah stepped forward, his face softening. "I know this is confusing, Kamala, but you have to listen to me." He lowered his face so he could look her directly in the eye. "Please."

Kamala stared at him with soft, pained eyes. "I-I..." Why was this so difficult for her? What had she gotten herself in to? Did she really believe this strange, dying god? Could she fight against Chetan, everyone who came here to help? Could she even go back to the Trinity Tree after this? She sighed, letting her eyes drift shut. "...Go."

Iah blinked, surprised. "What?" His voice was soft, disbelieving.

"I said go." Kamala opened her eyes, trying to look stoic. "I... I'm really not sure what side I'm on, but I know what side you're on. I don't want want you to get hurt." She paused as her emotions threatened to overtake her. "...So go."
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 am

Username: minifun990
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Ladon Melli
Link to their pride or group:Mystic Isles
Prompt level completion: 5 (1052)
Prompt: June 6th
Last edited by minifun990 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:19 am

Username: AJ.
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Nereus Alaz
Link to their pride or group: Antiquis Aetheres
Prompt: 1008 words

B

Alaz tried to shift away from his father as much as he could but stay a respectable distance from the creamy tomcat too. he didn't want to be overbearing but he couldn't help but fuel and feel the anger that had grown inside of him.
    His father didn't feel the need to mention that Orpheus, his other father, wasn't here. He felt his nose wrinkle as he tried to sit still, but energy ignited his tail in a blaze, and he had to try and quell it before it did any damage to the forest around him. He looked around uneasily at the strange monsters, now up close he was able to see their anatomy. And though they were albeit a little grotesque and weird looking, Alaz couldn't hide his curiosity. He tried to remain focused, but his attention jumped around to the other cats, mortals and magic-users that had come to this calling.
    He had to admit, he liked this area better, it was much more compensating than that damned tree. He felt a small smile curl on his lips, but he remained still, sitting up to his full height so he wouldn't appear so small. His heart thrummed in his chest, giving away his anticipation as his attention went toward the log. He watched its eyes, boring into his very soul. (did he have a soul? He had to admit he wasn't sure if he did, since he was a god and all.) Nevertheless, it bored into the back of his mind, he would never forget those pair of eyes, silver and penetrating.
    Nereus was talking to him in a hushed whisper, trying to apologize. But Alaz shushed him with a growl, and he glanced away toward the creamy tom. His father recoiled and strained to back away, clearly knowing his son's temper and not wanting to further incite any violence.
    Good, he was in the wrong anyways...
    Alaz hadn't recognized the cream tom, aside from the same tomcat that his father had asked about his other father too. He didn't remember him on the battlefield, but he remembered his father muttering something at one point. So... They had met, and this tom had come here with Orpheus if he knew him. That meant something right? staying with allies would be the best bet here.
    The god was speaking, voice acrid and hollow that is sent shivers down Alaz's spine. He almost laughed, him and Nereus were not the best cats to speak to about this to, seeing as they couldn't die.
    He knew his father had died once before and had grown to become a god after being chosen as such, but Alaz was a different story. He had been created through Nereus' powers and energy along with Orpheus' magic, him and Caspian. His own magic had contradicted his father's to his surprise, carved in chaos and heat instead of calm and cool.
    He wished he could see his brother now, he really wished he could vent to someone about this.
    Still, life without death seemed like a horrible situation, without death there could only be suffering.
    he frowned, even if he couldn't die, he could still feel pain and injury, is that what it would always be like for everyone if the Goddess won?
    He didn't choose eternal life, but he could choose that option for others, he didn't want them to suffer.
    But how would others react knowing he fought for death, knowing he, himself couldn't die?
    He pushed that thought away.
    The cream tom was speaking, and Alaz realized he was partially speaking to him. He leaned forward, stretching up to be at least slightly taller so he didn't look so scrawny next to him. He found himself nodding.
    "Without death I wouldn't be who I am..." Nereus' words sounded behind him, but Alaz ignored him, still trying to control his emotions from lashing out at his blue father. Instead, he tilted his head up at Orpheus' ally, eyes wide and curious.
    He didn't know how to respond to the other tom's words of disgust, but he felt his whiskers twitch.
    He glanced around, some had left, and some had stayed. Alaz tried to keep the fur along his spine lying flat as he dug his paws into the earth, "There's still so many we left behind, would we even make a difference?"
    "Son," Nereus' words seemed to die in his throat, and Alaz knew the conflict his father was facing. Fight for a good cause, but on the side against his mate? Alaz took a hasty breath and turned back to the cream tom, whose odd eyes were determinedly staring ahead.
    Suddenly, Alaz's past anger flared up, not against his father, but against the goddess. How dare she not share this cause, manipulate them to fight on her side without even knowing what side that was? She was ill-minded and twisted acting this way, expecting them to fight for her without questions.
    His claws sunk into the earth and he looked up at the large tom he stood beside.
    "we need to fight for this cause. Lack of death is unnatural, and it will only lead to further chaos when mortals learn they can't die." Sure, he should've picked his words a little better, he wasn't sure how much this tom knew about him. Orpheus must have mentioned being mated to a god right? Did this guy like magic? He wasn't sure, but he also didn't care enough to ask about his opinion or feelings. If he didn't like him, so be it.
    He heard Nereus tsk, and he whirled around to face his father. "Do you have a better idea?" He demanded, and Nereus shrunk back, almost fearful of his son. Alaz sneered. "This is the right side. You can leave if you think that eternal life is better. No more deities to join antiquis." He threatened.
    Nereus quieted, but he made no move to leave. A good decision if he wanted to remain on the right side of war.

ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:20 am

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Vaknoir
Link to their pride or group: Mountain Pass Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 5/1043 words]
Prompt: -June 6 (B)-
Vaknoir listens to the god’s words with unease. They’d stayed because they’d felt it was a golden opportunity to discover the enemy’s plan. But now they’re not so sure. All life is precious, that’s the creed they stood by. It’s what spurred him to help the trapped lions that became his pride. It’s the foundational ideas he built that pride on. But here they face the god of death, who tells them death is a necessity. That they can bring future generations who are stronger than those that came before.

It’s uncomfortable for Vaknoir to hear. As an immortal, to the best of their knowledge, spirit, it’s hard to hear that they’re an unnatural anomaly in this world. And second, Vaknoir is tired of being alone. Death has taken everything that they have ever tried to hang on to in this world. Why does this god of death get to lecture them? Are they not a god?

“Why?” he asks. It feels as if the words have been scraped out of their throat. “Why is the goddess so wrong for valuing life? Why is she so wrong to fight your creatures of rot, who bring nothing but pain?”

“You think I do not fight for life?” The god’s voice has gone quiet, dangerously so. “I fight for future life! The life that has yet to be! You stand there and tell me that you would preserve your own skin while denying anyone to ever enjoy life again? You would stop death, and it would be your downfall. Without me there will be no birth.”

“You say that. But you are a hypocrite!” Vaknoir cries. “You are old, you god of death. You don’t have the courage to pass from this world. But you want me to just let you come in and lay waste to the realm?” Vaknoir’s anger almost strangles the unease that had sprouted in their chest at the god’s first words. They may be an immortal, but they will not sentence others to die. “If you believed what you said, you would leave them be. The goddess has not promised us eternal life, but you have promised to kill us where we stand. End this now.” They are not ashamed that they have started to plead with this unfeeling god. “They will die anyway. So let them live out to their best this life they have.”

The armies of rot stir at their words. The obedient stillness that had lain over the dark wood is but a fragile peace that could ignite into violence. The twisted tree quakes as the god growls. Their branches lash about in the air accompanied by sounds like dry wood snapping.

“I cannot sit passively by!” Their voice booms, so Vaknoir feels it rumble in their chest. “If I sit by she will destroy us. We can die just like you mortals. The difference is that if the last of us disappears, if this place disappears, seized by those spirits of stagnation, death will cease. You call me a coward. But look at my tree.” The wood creaks angrily at their words. “I am dying. From my decay the next tree will sprout. They will carry the memory of my life and the memories of all the gods that came before. But that goddess of yours will never pass on the torch. She is the coward here. She cannot trust the next generation. I do.”

In the silence that falls Vaknoir is speechless. They did not think of that. The goddess had not shared her plan with them in full. Did she intend to wipe out these creatures? Vaknoir did not like the harm they had brought in their attack. They did not like what they stood for. But would destroying their very existence be better? Is it true what the god said, would no one die if they were? Vaknoir looked at the god in the tree with new eyes. If they were telling the truth, that they put their faith in the next generation, then they were truly brave. Far braver than themself.

“How do you do it?” they ask, voice small. “How do you go on when they all die around you, and no one else remembers but you?”

“Hmm,” they say. “I guess because I know no other way. The past is locked in the memories of my previous lives. And new life grows with me every time I reincarnate.”

“I do not die like mortals do,” Vaknoir quietly confesses. “I do not reincarnate as you do. I do not have past lives to keep me company in my head. I only have the rise and fall of those around me. I have seen heroes bear their causes and be forgotten. I have seen the world change until it is unrecognizable as before. What do you say to that, god of death?”

The god scrutinizes Vaknoir with new interest. Their skin itches like their fur is full of sand they haven’t shaken loose. It feels like someone is rooting around in their head, exposing the most vulnerable parts of themself. Finally, the god’s expression eases like they have made their judgement. When they speak, it is with a new gentleness.

“I see. You feel this pain, too. It is not an easy thing to be the memory of the world. But, you are its memory. Things change. You know this. No matter how long or short it has lasted, that before your eyes will change. You remember what was. Without history, without memory, without stories or beliefs or fables, there is nothing. Be that memory. Tell those tales. Whether they believe you or not is not your duty. What matters is possibility, the mystery of the world made possible by the echoes of the past.”

That answer is not what Vaknoir expected. It still sounded lonely to their ears. An existence that is neither truth nor lie. Watching the world and knowing what they build will always be torn down? It’s not much different from the life they have lived so far. But they ponder the god’s words as they watch, the air thick with anticipation.

Perhaps it is not the same. Maybe having a purpose would make all the difference.
Last edited by wucaian on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:22 am

Username: Jantzi01
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kosa Helios Virtue
Link to their pride or group: The Ushirikiano Pride Here
Prompt:
VOK
HW
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Xia, Tasso and Pecora
Link to their pride or group: EchoLake Pride
Prompt level completion: Level 3
Prompt:
Link
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 am

Story A
After an "enlightening" discussion your cats find themselves given a new task, one asked of them by a majestic older lion with greying beard who called himself the "general" of this place. A simple task- but one he insisted important for your cats to do, to understand, as he so called it. A task to tend to one of the gardens in the city. Of which there were many- but he was very adamant the small sproutlings within them be cared for.

"For life is precious, and should be nurtured. Even if the tree falls, these sprouts may yet stand through the battle we could lose someday, and perhaps one day become the great tree themselves." he says. "And such, we must give them the care they need."

How do your cats respond to something as simple as gardening? can they do so gently, or do they rush to complete their task? How much do they remember? Lions, cats, are certainly not farmers- do they need help to accomplish this, or do they already understand the basics of how a plant may grow? Do they understand the lesson the general seeks to teach them, or view it as unnecessary? Does this offer them some peace in the times to come?

Story B
The voice, contented with the heroes who have stayed there shows itself, gleaming silver eyes peering from the gouges of the tree as it studies its new visitors. It's entourage of death stare unblinking at the life before them. "So..you stay." it says. "Good...good you choose to listen. The goddess... She believes in eternal life, and believes that death has no place among the world." it croons, a desperation in its voice and age beyond its words "And she is wrong...for all of life is a circle, and for new life to grow, she must be shown so..." it says. "We need your help... she would call life to fight rebirth, but it is decay who cannot defend itself.... We do not like our burden, but it is so irrevocably necessary- as the great phoenix, life will rise from the ashes even more strong and vibrant than ever" it attempts to explain. Though, despite its words, it's very easy to sense that the tree is not exactly as adept at addressing any sort of community. "She would see us wiped from this plane, and from existence....She would destroy the ways of life..." it says, desperately. The speech it gives does succeed in riling up the creaking wooden soldiers around it, that stomp their feet and let out snarls of anger. "You cannot imagine the consequence of this.."

Will you stand with eternal life, or will you stand with balance, heroes? What is more important to you, what would you stand to lose, or to gain, can you really fight against your friends? Could you bear the consequences if this being is lying to you?

Username: MySpoons
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: MAR'S CHAMPION, Samael, Isolde
Link to their pride or group: The New Guard
Prompt level completion: Level 3
Prompt: [514/500]

A.

As Samael stalks away from the goddess, tail lashing and lips curled into a snarl, he manages to get stopped by a greying lion who has a commanding presence and some hard wooden armor adorning him. Even as impressive as the stranger is, Samael is taller and radiates malcontent. This general, whoever he is, tries to deliver a rousing speech about nationalism and being proud of their home. Even though he tries to direct it towards the newcomers, Samael is suspicious. How would taking care of sprouts raise any sort of pride in him?

Regardless, Samael finds himself unable to leave without putting in at least some work in the gardens. Samael refuses to take off his armor, so there he stands, among small plants with heavy black armor and a sour gaze. The general himself stands watch and prods Samael into doing the heavy lifting, literally. Samael keeps an eye on the general and tree guardians as he lifts big buckets of water across his back. The work doesn't require focus, which leaves Samael to think about the strange city. He just has to stand still and let other cats offload the water in smaller cups to tend to the plants. Small trees, whatever.

This feels like a mix of propaganda and hard work, combined together so that the city's citizens feel that they have an obligation. It rubs Samael the wrong way. He doesn't realize it, but the reason the other cats are shying away from him not only because of his armor but because his eyes are glowing red.

- -- --- -- -

B.

A dying god of death and decay? Interesting. Isolde is enraptured by the being's speech, even if it isn't that polished. She knows not of this life goddess, but the lack of power before her-- if the being inside the tree is, in fact, a god-- has so little power, she can hardly sense it.

Isolde understands the concern. Life without death is choking, strangling. She understands the mortals' concern and their desire to side with the life goddess. Death, while not pleasant, is a necessary part of existence. Part of Isolde's work as an ice spirit is to give the earth a period of hibernation when life is not taxing her strength and drawing on her reserves too much. Many cultures dislike the first signs of winter due to the death and stillness it brings. But surely there is a way to release the stronger goddess' hold on this realm before a war, right?

Unless there are so many mortals that have lived past their usual lifespan already and are causing disruption and unbalance to the realm. The creatures around her, the golems, finally move. Isolde admits, they do look frightening. She glances back to the entrance of the forest where she sensed a war god's presence. Was he on the mortal plane? Readying the soldiers on the other side?

Isolde wants to see this life goddess and understand her motivations. Some gods are blind to everything but their own purpose. Maybe this one can be convinced to see reason.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 am

[quote="TheSongOfTheStars"][Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt:
Link

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:49 pm

Username: Spotted.Newt