u p s i d e / d o w n discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

u p s i d e / d o w n discussion

Postby mahou shoujo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 am

Image_________________________________________________________________________________

welcome to the discussion thread for u p s i d e / d o w n
_________________________________________________________________________________

please include a brief history section in your form. i'd like to know how your character has been
involved with the supernatural happenings, as well as any trauma they may have that vecna could
exploit.
_________________________________________________________________________________
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

amber finch

Postby mahou shoujo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:16 am

amber finch -- 19 years old
cisfemale [she/her] -- asexual lesbian
the target-- fc: olivia scott welsh
-------------------------------------------------------------------
amber holds her cards, the whole damn deck, close to her chest. good luck getting to know her on a truly deep level, you'll need it. she protects herself by retreating inwards and keeping everyone else at a distance. that isn't to say that she doesn't have friends or get along with others. she actually really enjoys spending time with friends, but she still keeps them at an arms length. her relationships tend to be surface level, rather than really connecting on an emotional level. she's sharp and clever, with a quick and dry wit, using humor to keep things from getting too deep or heavy. she does let loose and have fun from time to time, not seeing the harm in it.

her family life was always a bit tenuous. her mom tried to be a good parent, in her own way. amber thinks that she tried anyway. she always told amber that she was a good daughter, that she loved her, but never showed it. she never spent time with amber, instead whiling away her days working and her nights blowing all their money on beer and cigarettes. amber loved her dad though, and they were pretty close. they always spent weekends together, going out canoeing on the lake or going for walks out in the woods.

late one night, when amber was thirteen, she was woken up by a thick black smoke filling the air. her house had caught fire, flames climbing up the walls. her window was stuck, old rusted locks unable to be pried open. the blaze had spread to her room, blocking the doorway. thinking fast, she grabbed a lamp and was able to smash the window open. she was lucky, only suffered some cuts and slices from broken glass and moderate damage from smoke inhalation. her dad wasn't home at the time, so he was unharmed. her mom wasn't so lucky though and died in the flames before the fire department arrived. they said the fire was likely caused by a stray cigarette not being put out properly.

holding her trauma close, she's woven it into the fabric of her identity. she doesn't talk about it much, but it's shaped the person she's become. she feels that it's a piece of her, something that makes amber, amber. so, she clings to it, never wanting to let go. if she lets go, forgives her mom, forgives the world, she feels that she'll be less than whole. just another cracked and damaged person.

amber hasn't been too involved with the supernatural thus far. she's heard plenty from her friends, knows the horrors of the upside down, but hasn't experienced many of them firsthand. she had spent a rather miserable afternoon getting chased by demodogs after straying too close to an open gate. it's an experience she'd rather not have again, one that left her jumpy and a bit skittish. a rustle in the leaves or flickering lights leave her on-edge, prepared to run.
Last edited by mahou shoujo on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

amber's relations

Postby mahou shoujo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:16 am

amber's relations wip
Last edited by mahou shoujo on Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Joseph Jones

Postby JDDracula » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 pm

𝒥 𝒪 𝒮 𝐸 𝒫 𝐻 ╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼-- 𝒥 𝒪 𝒩 𝐸 𝒮
---N』 『E』 『W』 『B』 『I』 『E

♦ ╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼ ♦
--Joey • heterosexual • nineteen • six foot one
♦ ╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼ ♦
Joey is a tall, slim, dark haired nineteen year old, who is free spirited, and kind of a wild cat. He is loud, charistmatic, and says anything that is on his mind. He is far from soft spoken, and everyone in school knows exactly who he is. Joey is the type of kid no one wants to mess with, because he isnt afraid to get his knuckles bloody just for someone looking at him the wrong way. He is a trouble maker, and enjoys getting a reaction from people, whether its laughs, anger, or sadness. Believe it or not, he does have friends, but his friends are just as rageful and mean as he is. Those are just the type of people he likes to hang around.
-
-
-

Joseph, or perferably Joey, had a rough childhood. Both of his parents were irresponsible junkies who were always in and out of prison, and was placed in the custody of his alcoholic uncle. His uncle spent most of his time at the pub down the street, and would make his way home when Joey would be getting ready for school in the morning. Joey was responsible for feeding himself, bathing himself, and getting himself dressed every morning from the early ages of 7. He didnt have many friends growing up, and used to be the quiet kid who wore dirty clothes to school because he didnt know clothes were even supposed to be washed. Everything changed when he reached his sophomore of high school.

During his sophomore year of high school, he tried staying out of trouble, despite always being picked on. One day, while he was walking the halls, a kid named Ronnie Benson tripped him as he was walking past, and the entire school laughed at him as his books and papers flew across the hall. Joey had enough of the bullying, so he simply stood up, dusted himself off, reached his arm as far back as he could, and punched this kid right in the nose. You would think itd stop there, but it did not. He beat this kid unconscious, until his knuckles were bloody and a teacher came running down the hall to stop him. He was expelled from school for the rest of the year, and sent to behavorial school, but his uncle managed to talk them into letting him back in, under the condition that he would have to repeat the 10th grade. No one ever messed with him again.

Approaching Joey's junior year of high, he ran into a group of trouble making teens who were nothing but a bad influence on him. He was failing classes, skipping school, bullying other kids, fighting, and doing other "illegal" activities. He got a kick out watching his uncle suffer, and begging the school to let him stay after every fight he was in. It was the least he could do, considering that he was never there for him in his adolescence. The result of his behavior caused him to have to, yet again, repeat another grade.

Now, its senior year. He's tired of school, and tired of starting all over. He still skips school occassionally, but faithfully turns in all of his school work to make sure that his grades are good, and making sure he is on track for graduation. Lets also note that Joey never does the work himself. He threatens the freshman kids into doing the work for him, despite being smart, and knowing how to do the work himself. Ahhh, yes.. This will be his "year". He can feel it. Or so, he thinks?
Last edited by JDDracula on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:14 am, edited 20 times in total.
JDDracula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Joseph's Relations

Postby JDDracula » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:23 pm

WIP
Last edited by JDDracula on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
JDDracula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: u p s i d e / d o w n discussion

Postby mahou shoujo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 pm

hey everyone! i just got my form finished up today. don't feel like you have to write as much as i did, haha! i just got on a roll and kept writing.

anyway, i'd love it if everyone could at least get their character's basics up in the next three or four days! that way, we could hopefully get started in a week or so. also, if anyone wants to make more than one character, feel free. since we still have four slots open, i totally don't mind if anyone wants to double up!
Last edited by mahou shoujo on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JDDracula » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Here i am feeling like my forum isnt enough, but just the basic stuff, then come back to see your masterpiece lol.
JDDracula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mahou shoujo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:59 pm

i'm flattered! c: i'm sure yours will be great too!

quick update: i changed up amber's backstory because i felt like it wasn't traumatic enough for a vecna victim lol
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mtuan, » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:17 am

🧍🏻 i haven’t even picked a fc yet-
mtuan,