( โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐š๐ซ ๐ฃ โ”€ โžต o&a

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

( โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐š๐ซ ๐ฃ โ”€ โžต o&a

Postby astrophile. » Thu May 20, 2021 3:15 pm

double bar j, home to some of the best western riders in the northwest. the ranch is your typical working cattle ranch; four-hundred head of cattle on nearly two-thousand acres, but what sets this ranch apart from others in the area is its exceptional program aimed at riders in the western discipline. forget the fancy and posh, these riders are some of the most down-home and tough individuals you will meet, all coming to double bar j for the same reason; to improve their horsemanship and hone their skills in the western discipline. the ranch is known for its outstanding performers in cutting, reining, western pleasure, and barrel racing, just to name a few, and the riders are held to very high expectations. the riders here compete nearly every weekend, while further perfecting their skills the rest of the time. so, do you think you can handle the rugged environment and the toughness of the sport? the staff at double bar j welcome you.

please disable signatures on both here and the main thread

main thread
Last edited by astrophile. on Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โŸจ and i'm not a bad guy but i'm not a good guy at heart

Postby astrophile. » Fri May 21, 2021 1:10 pm

full name. texas william jones
    shortened. texas, tex
    gender. male
    age. 23 years
    sexuality. biromantic homosexual
    place of birth. kiowa, oklahoma
    height. 5'11
    hair color. chocolate brown
    eye color. gunmetal blue
    build. broad-shouldered, strong and athletic physique

personality.
    hard working
    texas posseses quite a strong work ethic, being of the mindset that a job isn't finished until it's done, and done the right way
    compassionate
    texas feels great sympathy and concern for those around him, often putting the well-being of others before his own, helping others and not himself, and not following his own damn advice
    tough
    this young man is incredibly tough; despite being bruised, broken and busted, he continues on, though a blessing for his line of work, it can lead to him being quite stubborn, insisting he's quite alright to go on when really he isn't
    competitive
    texas has a strong desire to be the best. rider, trainer, you name it, he is always pushing himself to be at the top, which in turn can cause him to beat himself up if he feels he has not accomplished what he needed to
    reserved
    much preferring the company of his horses as opposed to others, texas is more often than not the one to slip away from whatever social gathering he finds himself in to spend time with his horses. besides, it wasn't his idea to go out in the first place

history.
    born and raised in the tiny town of kiowa, oklahoma, texas was raised alongside his two older sisters and twin brother, and like his siblings and much of his family before him, grew up in the saddle, horseback before he could walk, first riding with one of his parents or siblings and then eventually by himself. much of texas' youth was spent on his family's sprawling cow-calf operation which also doubled as a quarter horse stud, which is where, at a very young age, texas would develop his passion for both horses and cattle, a passion that still burns today. his childhood was relatively normal and the typical country boy upbringing; he participated in ffa, showed sheep and cattle in the county 4h and competed in junior rodeos. the average day consisted of fixing fences, moving cattle, and of course riding and working with the family's dozen some horses, where, after watching his family for so many years, he began to take a particular interest in the training side of things, eventually working with and competing on a handful of the ranch;s sale horses and even going on to break in his first colt at the young age of just fourteen. when he was eight, texas' father was killed in a pipeline explosion. the death of his father hit texas pretty hard, and he began to turn his attention more towards the horses, preferring to spend time with them than to confront his feelings head on, a habit that has contiuned on today. much of his teen years were spent competing, both in the cow horse pen as well as in high school rodeos, where he rode broncs and steer wrestled, while also working odd-end jobs to support his family after his father's death. he would turn pro at 18, though a severe knee injury just two years later would end that career before it even got out of the gate. since then, the young man has spent the past few years traveling from barn to barn and never one for staying in one place for too long; seemingly able to pack up everything he owns, which really isn't much, and moving when he feels he's had enough. his most recent ventures have brought him to double bar j to improve his skills in both ranch riding and working cow horse

discipline. working cow horse & ranch riding
    horses. gunner & cisco

Last edited by astrophile. on Fri May 21, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โŸจ every scar has a story, just ask my heart

Postby astrophile. » Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 pm

full name. wilder scott allred
    shortened. wilder, wild
    gender. trans male
    sexuality. biromantic demisexual
    age. 21 years
    place of birth. fort worth, texas
    height. 5'8
    hair color. dirty blond
    eye color. chocolate brown
    build. average & athletic

personality.
    humorous
    wilder is actually possesses quite a keen sense of humor, able to cheer up those around him
    helpful
    you don't need to ask this guy twice; or even once, if he sees you struggling with something he will offer his help voluntarily
    spineless
    unable to say no and stand up for himself, wilder is easily swayed by others and backs down in conflicts
    stubborn
    wilder's idea could be the worst in the world; it doesn't matter, good luck getting him to change his mind
    doubtful
    as he tends to overthink things down to the tiniest details, wilder can be quite doubtful of himself and his own abilities, in which he will constantly seek out reassurance to know he's doing okay

history.
    wilder's history is quite possibly as far away as one can get when you think of the typical upbringing of the riders at double bar j. adopted at age three and a half, wilder grew up in the suburbs of fort worth, about as far away removed from country life as you can get. not a whole lot is known about his first three years of life; wilder himself doesn't remember much, and he'd prefer it'd stay that way, the only like he's ever known is with his adopted family, who have provided nothing but love and support for him. at age six he had his first lesson, starting out in the hunters and equitation, showing in short stirrup. it wasn't until age twelve that wilder made the switch of saddles, starting out in the western pleasure and eventually switching to barrel racing and pole bending, always with his mothers at his side supporting him. at fourteen wilder would receive his first horse, a twelve-year-old pole and barrel gelding named oakley, whom he loved and cherished. the death of oakley five years later from a bought of colic was unsurprisingly a heavy blow for wilder in which he stopped riding for four months, though really, he couldn't stay away from horses in the end; they were his escape, his comfort, and a year later, wilder had another horse, this one a two-year-old paint by the name of hugh, who, under the watchful eye of his trainer, wilder started from scratch, starting with groundwork and lunging for the first year and then starting hugh under light riding in his three-year-old year and going on from there. recently he has packed up all of his belongings and his precious gelding and made the nearly two-thousand mile trip up to double bar j to hone his skills in poles and trail.

discipline. pole bending (seven years), trail (two years)
    horses. hugh

cred: unsplash
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

horses

Postby astrophile. » Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 pm

show name. smokin magnum seven
    barn name. gunner
    gender. stallion
    age. 7 years
    breed. apha registered paint
    coat color. dark bay tovero
    height. 15.3hh

personality.
    generally a well-mannered fellow, for the most part, gunner is one of those who acts more like a gelding than a stallion. gunner is only responsive to texas, and tends to throw a buck or two if anyone but texas gets on him, he is really a one-person horse. he is quite the intelligent little guy, picking up on things very quickly and always doing his best to please. gunner enjoys having a job and is easily bored if he is just left to sit, he is a horse who needs to have a job and something to think about otherwise he till turn to stall vices. he is well-mannered on the ground though not the most affectionate gelding. outside of the ring gunner is quite relaxed and lazy, though he will do anything for a treat

discipline. ranch riding
    owner. texas jones

show name. whiskeys top gun
    barn name. cisco
    gender. gelding
    age. 5 years
    breed. aqha registered quarter horse
    coat color. bay
    height. 15.2hh

personality.
    quite the opposite of gunner, cisco is sometimes described as a ticking bomb waiting to go off. the young gelding is stubborn, and difficult to motivate, not above going full bronco when he is not in the mood to be worked. for lack of a better term, cisco can be a bit of a jerk on the ground and is pushy when being led, though on a good day he does tolerate texas. cisco is hard-headed and a bit apathetic, though with the proper motivation and work he can be something special, he has the natural athleticism and cow sense required of a cow horse and the papers to back it all up, if he can just get into the right mood he'll be a dream in the show pen.

discipline. working cow horse
    owner. texas

show name. welcome to the show
    barn name. hugh
    gender. gelding
    age. 5 years
    breed. unregistered paint
    coat color. bay tobiano
    height. 15.3hh

personality.
    to put it simply, hugh is plain goofy. full of life and seemingly always up to no good, the young gelding is quite the humorous little fellow, always finding ways to get into trouble, such as opening his stall door, something he has recently become quite notorious for. under saddle he is focused and ready to work, only wanting to please so he can be done and go back out to the pasture. he has been quite a fun guy to train, hugh tends to go along with everything and is very confident for still being green, taking everything in stride and rarely spooking. docile and wouldn't hurt a fly, hugh is overall a friendly gelding, always sticking his head out for a quick pet and a treat.

discipline. pole bending and trail
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐š๐ซ ๐ฃ โ”€ โžต o&a

Postby green. » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:17 am

Charity Sharon Thunder (or Shar as a nickname) is a 19-year-old (Saturday, 9th Nov 2002 (scorpio)) business studies student at the local university who enjoys watching YouTube videos, and football. She is inspiring and stable, but can also be very pessimistic and a bit standoffish. She is Swedish, her parents moved here when she was 10. Physically, Charity is in good shape. She is very tall with fair skin, brown hair and blue eyes. She has glasses that she rarely uses, much preferring contacts. She grew up in a working class neighbourhood. She was raised in a happy family home with two loving parents.She is currently not in a relationship.

Charity rides both disciplines, with her three AQHA bred horses, she has a hunter/eq horse, a cow horse, and a reining horse, she bought her cow and reining horses together when she was 18, and got her hunter/eq horse at 15. However she's only brought her cutting and reining horse.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐š๐ซ ๐ฃ โ”€ โžต o&a

Postby green. » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:18 am

Beyond The Realm aka Novel is a 4 year old AQHA stallion. He is a cow horse that Charity bought from a local ranch. He mostly does cutting and is good at heading but they have dabbled in cow horse classes and breakaway roping. He stands at 16.2hh and is available at stud to proven mares. Out of Beyond Science Fiction and The Realm of Magic

Follow Up aka Mouse is a 5 year old AQHA mare. She is a Reiner and stands at 14.3hh out of Followed Path and Up and Away. The mare was the latest horse charity bought, and she's currently on light work after being on stall rest for the past couple months. The mare is expected to make a full recovery and will have no impact on her reining or job to do.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.