Secrets of Chicago (Discussion and Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Secrets of Chicago (Discussion and Characters)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:13 am

Here is the character form, if you'd like to use it:

Code: Select all
[left][img]Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b] (if supernatural, max.3)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, optional)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Notes
- Please PM me for reservations.
- If there's something you need to alter on your character form, then I will let you know - please do so within 24 hours.
- Please consider having an obviously inhuman appearance for supernatural characters - and only one of each species will be accepted. No witches, human-elementals, or anything that is basically just a human with powers. (That sort of thing is coming a bit later. Half-humans such as centaurs are allowed. I'd advise against merfolk - but if you can think of a way to make it work, then go for it!) PM me if you're not sure about a species or character.
- Obviously, don't make your characters overpowered. (Ex. powers that control another character, weapons that can 'kill anything', etc)
- We'll start when we have at least two of the visiting humans, and four supernaturals.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Ruthless - Ryker Garrett

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:18 am

Full Name: Ryker Garrett
Nickname: Ry, Ryker.
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Sexuality: Bisexual
Role: The Ruthless
Species: Human
Appearance: Ryker has dark brown, short hair that is usually well-kept, and deep, dark brown eyes with a slightly prominent shape. He stands at 6'0", and has a somewhat muscular, athletic build. He holds himself with a rigid posture, and always looks as though he has his guard up. He has a medium skin tone, and has a little bit of facial hair, keeping it short but not clean-shaven. There is a scar down his left forearm, and another small scar just on the base of his neck.
Ryker usually wears a black t-shirt, with a dark brown leather jacket over it, and black jeans, with combat boots.

Personality: Ryker is a very abrasive person. Having his trust broken several times in the past has caused him to be extremely unwilling to put his trust in anyone now, no matter how much they try to prove their worth. He's quite cold and unfriendly towards other people as well - he's only here to do his job, not make friends. He keeps up a very hard outer shell otherwise, and there's little point in trying to get him to open up if you're expecting him to open up to you within a short timeframe. Ryker is also hardworking and determined - he sets his sights on what he wants, and won't let anyone get in his way, or help him. He's certain that everyone else is only out for themselves, and therefore, he is as well. He keeps a firm focus on his job, and is known to be incredibly ruthless and cold towards his targets. In most cases, he does not listen to reason, nor does he try to see things from another perspective - the rare few times that he has done this required a huge amount of persuasion and his trust. Earning his trust is difficult, but maybe you'll get it and he might open up more.

Short Bio: Ryker grew up in a town just outside of Chicago, always knowing that supernatural beings existed. His parents would talk about them, read about them to him, and explain why some people can't see them, but they could. He's not sure if he's grateful for the seeing-eye ability, and wonders what life would be like if he didn't have it, and didn't take the path he's on now. Not that it matters - he feels like he couldn't have done anything different to change it.
To make a long story short, Ryker is a bounty hunter. He moved to Chicago to be closer to the supernatural community - where he gets all his weapons, information and enchantments from - and takes down the beings that are being particularly troublesome. For the right price, he'll hunt down anything, though. Soon, though, he'll be getting something of a surprising request...

Other: N/A
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun May 16, 2021 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Archivist - Lucinda Cora

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:18 am

Full Name: Lucinda Cora
Nickname: Luci, Lucinda.
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: Bisexual
Role: Supernatural - the Archivist.
Species: Gorgon
Powers: Stone Stare - she can 'turn off' this power, so others don't need to be too concerned about accidentally making direct eye contact with her. She also has inhuman strength and endurance.
Appearance: She has shoulder-length 'hair' that is mostly made up of snakes that are mostly black, with a few white ones. Her eyes are a pale, milky white-blueish colour, with no discernible pupil. She stands at 5'11'', making her considerably taller than what would be considered average for adult women, and she has a lithe, yet athletic build. She holds herself with a semi-formal posture, not being too rigid, but certainly not relaxed either. She has fair skin tone, with black scales in patches on her face, neck, arms, torso and legs. She also has fangs.
In her 'human disguise', her hair is black and wavy, and her eyes are light blue with a pupil. She also does not have the scales or fangs.
Lucinda usually wears deep blue, long, maxi-style dresses that seem a bit flowy, with chiffon 'straps' that tie around the back of her neck. She also wears a silver, snake-like arm cuff that wraps up her left arm and silver sandal-like shoes that also wrap halfway up her calf.

Personality: Lucinda seems to emit an aura that could make a person uneasy around her. She's usually very calm and confident, and has quite the way with words that shows she's in charge of the conversation. She often seems to look as though she is carefully studying whatever or whoever she is looking at, as if she's figuring them out and seeing right into them. She isn't, for the most part, of course, but she does like to know exactly what sort of being she is talking to... and she also likes to unnerve them. It's somewhat difficult to get her respect, but once you do, she'll hold you in very high regard and be incredibly trustworthy and loyal. She doesn't often like to show a warmer, friendlier side to her, but she does have it, and will willing show it to anyone that is close with her. She will also become deeply protective of anyone she is close to. While she can be a little bit difficult to get along with, and most definitely hard to figure out or read, Lucinda is a very valuable, worthy ally.

Short Bio: Lucinda was born in Los Angeles, among the supernatural community there. She's had a relatively normal life for a supernatural - learning to take control of the powers she has, as well as learning the permanent, veiling spell to put over herself so that humans would not see her true appearance. She also took quite the interest into the library that her parents owned, filled with books about a variety of creatures and supernatural beings - including some ancient ones and ones that are thought to be extinct. She would often be caught sneaking into it, picking one of the books at random and spending time just reading them.
At the age of about 14, she was moved to Chicago, away from her parents, to go into hiding from a supernatural hunter. With her, she took a variety of her parents' books, as to keep them safe as well, especially the older books. She moved in with a friend of her parents, and when she was 20, she ended up getting ownership of a small, hidden supernatural library alongside the historian. Lucinda helps out bounty hunters, and other supernatural beings looking for information on other creatures - including how to track them, what weapons to use, and so on... for a price. Sometimes it's a new book that she doesn't have, sometimes it's a three-tailed mouse for her snakes, or something else entirely. She also likes to read various articles and statements of different sightings from around the world.

Other: N/A
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun May 16, 2021 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Future Predictor - Xanthe Chicane

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 am

Name: Xanthe Chicane
Pronouns: They/Them/Their
Sexuality: Androsexual
Species: 'Mothman'
Powers: Aside from more control over how others can see their 'true form' - including those with the Seeing-Eye ability. Xanthe can also 'see' into the future. Sort of. It's mostly vague visions that they have learnt to interpret, and only through another person's question - sort of like tarot reading without the cards.
Appearance: In their human form, Xanthe has very short, black hair that is shaved down, and their eyes are very dark brown - almost black in poor lighting. They are perhaps unnervingly tall, standing at 6'6", and holds a more rigid posture. Xanthe has a fairly muscular build as well, and keeps themselves well worked out, and has a medium-dark skin tone. They have a broader, yet defined jawline, and no particular markings or scars. They usually wear rather casual outfits in this form, with a 'signature' black leather jacket with the symbol of a large moth outline on the back of it.
In their 'true form', Xanthe takes on the shape of a huge, moth-like humanoid with long antennae, big dark red eyes and large wings that easily span about 10 feet when outstretched. They also have human-like arm and leg appendages, the 'feet' being clawed. They are covered in dark brown 'fur', with the fur around where their neck would be longer, fluffier seeming, and a lighter shade of brown.

Personality: Xanthe is a somewhat laid back and confident person. Very few things seem to faze them, and they prefer to do their own thing. They try to be unpredictable, but this often turns into something that one would very much expect them to do... especially if that one happens to know Xanthe quite well. They might casually flirt with anyone, but will make it pretty clear that it's just for fun - they don't want to unintentionally string someone along - and will also back off sharpishly if the other person is uncomfortable. They are a very curious being as well, and like to investigate, explore and ask questions, sometimes getting to the point of being irritating, but they do mean well... most of the time.

Bio: Xanthe grew up in West Virginia, though they're not entirely sure how they came to be. A curse and amnesia? They don't know. What they do know is that they lived with a small family of powerful spellcasters, who were often working on some sort of spell, ritual or potion or another. It intrigued them, but were rather disappointed to find that they couldn't cast spells themselves... no, they had a different sort of ability. One that would let them turn into a giant, moth-like humanoid creature... and eventually lead to a group of four people seeing them one night. Despite this, Xanthe was taught a lot about medical knowledge and such by the family, and found themselves to quite the proficiency with it... but only while in human form.
Hearing about the supernatural community in Chicago, Xanthe set their sights on moving there, where they quickly settled in. They provide their services to humans and supernatural beings alike, in both the human 'world' and supernatural 'world', honing their abilities and learning to interpret their visions more accurately. Their visions have been getting particularly odd, though, right before the new humans turn up... and they're about to get odder still.
Lights particularly intrigue Xanthe, as do humans - but they can be a little rough when it comes to dealing with both. They like to chase cars for fun, and accidentally causes radio interference in their true form.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Secrets of Chicago (Discussion and Characters)

Postby cocogerber13 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Full Name: Celia Chase
Nickname (if any): x
Pronouns: she/her
Sexuality: pansexual
Role: Starting a New Life
Species: (Visiting) human
Powers: x
Appearance: Celia stands at 5’3” with wavy dark brown hair stopping at her shoulders. She has olive skin and hazel eyes with freckles dotting her cheeks. She looks young for her age, and although somewhat small, she has a built up a bit of muscle by taking some self defense classes. The clothing she wears is a mix of practical and stylish pieces, most of the time including shirts and trousers that are comfortable to move around in as well as simple-styled bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.

Personality: (at least 5-6 sentences) Celia is strong willed and intelligent, determined to make a life for herself that is adaptable to her whims. Her personality is quite adventurous and she dreads the thought of missing opportunities- which makes her career search a little difficult. She has many interests that she is passionate about but not enough to make a job out of, and though this riddles her mind with worries, she has decided to fit in as many experiences as she can before she is fully forced to choose what she wants to do. Celia is overall quite easy to get along with as someone who is both open minded and friendly, although her actual trust of others doesn’t go that far. She views this experience as a temporary step into another world (despite not knowing how literal this experience will turn out to be) and thus acts a bit more impulsive to ensure that she doesn’t miss out on anything. Celia herself would say that she is like the wind, moving at her own pace and taking whatever life throws at her. She is also of the opinion that comedy makes most situations better, and is open to using it as a way to meet new people.

Short Bio: Celia grew up living in Toronto, Canada for most of her life. Her family consists of her parents as well as her older sister, younger brother, and herself, who she (for the most part) gets along with. She didn’t have many major life-changing experiences in her early life, having gone to school nearby and eventually making her way to university. She attended for two years before realizing that she still didn’t know what she wanted to do and decided to take a gap year to figure some things out before returning. This decision ultimately led to her taking more than just a year to try and find herself, and eventually she found herself on a flight to Chicago with the money she had saved up. Life will lead her to where she is supposed to be, she reasons, and she might as well start it in a new city. (Before she left, Celia’s mother had convinced her to take a few self defense courses just to ease her concerns a little bit.)

Other: I will pm you about her potential ability as a visiting human!

———

Full Name: Eventide
Nickname (if any): Evan (as a human)
Age: appears somewhere in his 20s; actually around 300 years
Pronouns: he/him, but will respond to any others as well
Sexuality: bisexual
Role: the human researcher
Species: dragon
Powers:
- shapeshifting (only from human to dragon form; dragon form is disguised as a bird with the veil)
- flying (in both forms, but as a human it would look weird so he tries to avoid it
- wind manipulation (like air bending from atla)
Appearance: [as a dragon]; as a human, Evan has fair skin and hair that appears to be dyed a purple-grey hue (like in the dragon image). His hairstyle is short (to his ears) and unkept as if wind blown, and will stay that way even if it has just been trimmed or combed. His eyes are a brilliantly pale aqua and his facial expression seems to usually be rather pensive. His human height as around 5’11” (while as a dragon it is closer to the height of a single story) and his physique is lean. Due to his supernatural origins, he tends to wear clothing meant to blend with the crowd. This usually involves neutral colored jackets, hoodies, and jeans.

Personality: (at least 5-6 sentences) Eventide has a calm and pretty mild personality most of the time, willing to help others when asked or if he notices that someone needs it, although his quiet, loner-esc personality makes him seem a little unapproachable. Despite this, he really does enjoy the company of others and is quite curious about everything. Evan is still quite new to the whole human thing (20 years is a short time, even for a young dragon) and tries his best to fit in, although he can be a little awkward with it. These traits make him decent company when given the opportunity but can also make it easy to take advantage of/manipulate him. He is aware of this and is thus a little shy around new people, but is also easily trusting if he thinks someone is genuinely being nice to him. Although this makes him seem oblivious at times, he is still over three centuries old and is generally a pretty good judge of character. While the calm attitude is the norm for Eventide, if there is a storm or strong winds on the horizon, he can detect it early on and get energetic. He finds that it is the most fun to fly around in these conditions, although this seems to be the only indicator that he is a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

Short Bio: Eventide and his mother are nomadic sky dragons, meaning that after he had hatched in some mountain cave long ago, the two took off to ride the jet streams around the world. This led to explorations of a great deal of places, but never really in depth, and this was long before Eventide had discovered that he could make himself appear as one of the curious creatures known as humans. He had previous experiences with them, both pleasant and unpleasant ones, but never let one experience form his opinion on the entire species. Sometime along the way, when Eventide was still in his juvenile stage of life, a large storm separated the two dragons. Above the large lake that the humans called Lake Erie, Eventide was struck down by lightning and awoke some time later in the shallows. Finding himself alone, he decided to try to search the general area for his kin, leading to his discovery of his ability to blend in with the humans as well as his settlement in Chicago. His current life has essentially turned into him making a living for himself in this new age of humans, although he still keeps an eye open for his lost family.

Other: n/a
Last edited by cocogerber13 on Mon May 17, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun May 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Full Name: Isabelle Ramirez IX
Nickname: 'Number Nine', 'The Green One', Izzy
Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Aro/ace
Role: The potion Maker
Species: Ooze
Powers: Izzy can freely manipulate her physical form, taking on almost any shape, size, texture, and color, though those with the Seeing-Eye will always see her as a bright radioactive green. She can also manipulate the chemical composition of her body, creating strong acids and poisons to digest her food, or synthesizing compounds for her potions.
Appearance: Izzy's human form is a 5'7" Latina girl, with a build on the curvier side. Her straight, dark-brown hair is streaked with green, and generally hangs down to her waist outside of a laboratory setting. When she's not wearing a lab coat, she can generally be found in a pair of jeans and some form of band tee. Her true form looks pretty much the same, except she's bright green throughout and doesn't have any of the textures her human form has. If she's feeling particularly lazy she'll eschew a solid form altogether, existing as an amorphous mass of slime. In the center of her body, a hardened, jewel-like core can be seen, pulsing gently with a heartbeat-like rhythm.

Personality: Izzy lives for her craft, almost to a fault. She's curious, inquisitive, and analytical, though more so with chemicals than with people. She's sociable enough, but the surefire way to get her talking is to ask her about chemistry or alchemy. She tends to focus on her work to the exclusion of all else, often forgetting to eat or sleep while working on a particular solution. She also has an unfortunate habit of using other people as her guinea pigs, and the idea that not everyone is as resilient or malleable as her hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Short Bio: Izzy wasn't so much born as she was spawned. Oozes reproduce asexually, a portion of their biomass splitting off and growing a new core once they reach sufficient mass. She's the 9th offshoot of Isabella Ramirez I, and shares her appearance and personality, if not her memories and experience. The first Isabelle Ramirez set up a potion business in Chicago a few decades ago, and there's usually at least two Isabelle Ramirez's running it at any given time. Isabelle Ramirez VIII recently left the store to travel abroad, and Izzy's been holding it down ever since, honing her skill for when she eventually spawns Isabelle Ramirez X. She's been the city’s go-to for remedies, salves, and occasionally poisons for the better part of a century, and her knowledge of chemistry and alchemy is second to none. Just be careful when she invites you 'round for drinks.

Other:n/a
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon May 17, 2021 12:18 am

I love her! I'll add her to the character list shortly~
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the.smitty » Mon May 17, 2021 3:06 am

Full Name: Rhysand Gray
    Nickname (if any): Rhys or Nyx
    Pronouns: he/him
    Sexuality: bisexual
    Role: The Healer
    Species: Phoenix
    Powers: Rhys can heal both himself and others with a simple touch using his phoenix flames. Almost like burning a piece of paper, the flame kindles over the wound, healing as it dances across the skin. He can also use his phoenix flames to cause damage to others or ignite items; if he’s feeling temperamental. Even the best of us have bad days.

Appearance: Rhys' human form stands at 5'11", he is on the more sculptured, leaner side of the spectrum as his fitness compliments his control. His short dark tussles, medium complexion and caramel orbs are reflective of his phoenix form. His mother always told him he looked like his father, having inherited a chiselled jawline from the man. Rhys can usually be found wearing a button-up with a dark jacket and vans, preferring a smart-casual attire. He wears his mothers' wedding ring on a delicate silver necklace, generally tucked under his shirt.
    In his phoenix form, his eyes mirror that of the fire dancing within his chest. His black tussles remain infused with raven-like feathers trailing down between his shoulder blades, infusing with his feathered wings. In replace of his nails is talons. Fiery amber-like veins decorate his skin, almost pulsing and radiating heat, his skin from his hands to his elbows is black and smokey as if air brushed away.

Personality: Naturally apprehensive of strangers, Rhys acts careless yet courteous and is a shameless flirt purely for his own entertainment. Nothing harmful, though. Once his initial apprehensiveness dissolves, he's generally a passionate being who enjoys the minute aspects of life, particularly coffee. He dabbles at the mere mention of a challenge or opportunities and is often tempted to test the capabilities of his abilities in sporadic acts of carelessness. Given his previous shortcomings, he's still learning to be patient and play the long game, especially when it comes to his close friends. That said, they are the only people who can set off his fiery temper within a heartbeat, given how dearly he treasures them. Rhys frequently jokes that he no longer has a heart as he gave it to all the people he's healed. He's become accustomed to reading people as his observant nature helps him deal with his clients given the circumstances he heals people in.

Short Bio:Rhys was born in London and moved into the supernatural community in New York with his mother and older sisters. He lacked patience, and his short fuse frequently meddled with his ability to control his flames as he grew older. As an easily distracted kid, he experienced difficulty controlling his power and learnt his lesson the hard way upon the passing of his older sisters. Thus encouraging him to move to Chicago, where he works as a freelance healer for the right clients.

Other: n/a
Last edited by the.smitty on Thu May 20, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the.smitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:26 am

I have added my forms!
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon May 17, 2021 7:50 am

Alright, everyone seems great so far! We just need at least one more of the visiting humans, then we'll start up the roleplay. Other characters can be NPCs for everyone to use as and when needed, until someone fills in the role.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me