mark of destiny. \\ discussion and form thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

mark of destiny. \\ discussion and form thread

Postby bigwig. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:35 pm

henlo and welcome to the discussion thread for mark of destiny. all character forms should be posted here to be accepted before you start rping on the main thread. once you have been accepted, you may also join the rp's discord server. tally ho!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➼ • ❝ do you picture sleep with a panic switch? ❞

Postby bigwig. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:38 pm

name;; Will Graham
    also known as;; just goes by 'Will'
    gender;;cismale
    sexuality;; bisexual
    age;; 34
    origin;; Hannibal

height;; 5'11"
    weight;; ~160 lbs.
    hair;; brown, fairly short and curly
    eyes;; blue

dragonsign;; green
    powers/abilities;; an incredibly powerful and precise knack for psychoanalysis
    weapons;; none on his person
    additional information;; n/a

personality;; A reserved, seemingly solemn, and often cryptic individual, Will Graham is an enigma on the outside - and not much easier to understand beneath that. He's clever, highly intelligent, and incredibly driven; once he sets his mind to something, it is hard to deter him, especially if he knows that he's right. In addition to this, he is also highly empathic, but despite his powerful capacity to connect with others he generally comes off as very withheld. He is a complex individual who is well aware of how complex he is, but rarely seeks to be understood, instead usually preferring to keep the inner machinations of his mind to himself. He has a history of struggling with social interaction and thus is fairly solitary most of the time, and certainly introverted, keeping himself to himself and generally not liking it when other people try to get inside his head. Though somewhat taciturn and defensive, he is rarely hostile and can be quite protective of those he considers friends. Will is often plagued by dark thoughts, but does his best to keep them at bay and has little desire to hurt others - most of the time. He is also a keen manipulator when he wants to be, and can make for a reasonably powerful foe if provoked - not through physical power, but through subtle and cunning turns that lead others towards or away from those he might choose to target.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝it's showtime!❞

Postby Ploegy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:38 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━( I'm a shapeshifter)━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

name; ren amamiya
alias; joker
age; 17
gender; male
sexuality; bisexual
crush; none
nationality; japanese
species; human
dragonsign; red
fandom; persona 5

hair; black
eyes; dark gray
skin tone; pale peachy tone
height; 5'9
weight; 152 lbs

persona; arsene
element; curse
persona skills; -maeigaon (heavy curse damage to all foes)
-eigaon (heavy curse damage to 1 foe)
-god's hand (colossal physical damage to 1 foe)
-curse boost (strengthen (non instant death) curse attacks by 25%)
-curse amp (strengthen (non instant death) curse attacks by 50%)
-magic ability (strengthen all magical attacks by 25%)
-drain bless (absorb bless attacks)
-angelic grace (double evasion rate against all attacks except hama/mudo/almighty)

gun; pistol
melee weapon; knife
extra; as the leader of the phantom thieves, ren has already proven his skills as a persona user.
his main persona is aresene and is the only one he currently has with him despite having the
wildcard ability that allows him to wield multiple personas. nevertheless, ren is still a strong
persona user despite lacking his other personas. he is quick and nimble making him a difficult
target to deal with and an expert at sneaking around. he also isn't too shabby when it comes
to use weapons either and knows how to wield both his knife and pistol quite well thus making
him even more of a threat. however, given arsene's infinity to the curse element, he is weak to
the bless element (or light based attacks). arsene himself cannot be hurt, but he passes this
weakness to ren. arsene however can dish out attacks in both the physical and magical sense.
ren also possesses a grappling hook that is hidden away under the sleeve of his coat. he uses it
to quickly get out of trouble or in to aid allies as well as getting to places he wouldn't otherwise
be able to access without it.

personality; at first glance ren is a quiet teen who is polite and well-mannered towards those around
him. however, he has the flair for showing off and being a bit on the dramatic side even when
in the face of danger. this also goes along with his rebellious nature that he masks under his
usual quiet nature. around his friends he can be quite snarky and playfully tease them from
time to time. he does however care for his friends and always tries to be there for them when
needed showing that he does care about his bonds with them. another aspect of his personality
is his strong sense of justice. this also leads to him being considered honorable especially after
his previous accomplishments as a thief. ren is also known to quite assertive making him a
natural leader to others. once his mind is set to something it is hard to change it showing that
he is courageous and determined despite how others might think of him. because of this he
often follows his own path though he is always willing to listen to those he is close with for
suggestions, but at the end of the day he prefers to follow his heart. as such he is very resistant
to control-based authority. this often leads him to be threatened, criticized and insulted by those
he challenges. even though ren is a rebellious spirit, he is also quite tactful and plans his actions
out before going through with them. he is always looking out for those around him and making
sure they can go on without being put into any kind of danger.

other; none

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━(Chained down to my core)━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: mark of destiny. \\ discussion and form thread

Postby bigwig. » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:11 am

@Ploegy - joker is accepted!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 pm

May I reserve the white dragonsign? I should be able to get a form up either late tonight or by the afternoon tomorrow.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:06 pm

the signs are not exclusively one to a character; sorry if that was unclear. I will only close off accepting more of one if there is a big imbalance. so basically yes, you can definitely reserve a white dragonsign character
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Oh, okay! Thanks for explaining.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:18 pm

L O R U L A E

"Everybody is a stranger, but that's the danger in going my own way."

Redemption - Besomorph

name; lorulae faerus
    gender; female
    species; ayleid/vampire
    age; 4,750 years, if I did my math right.
    dragonsign; white

strengths; able to blend into the shadows, improved night vision, enhanced senses, frost magic, generally stronger at night, skilled with daggers.
    weaknesses; purified silver, weaker in sunlight(burns after long periods of direct exposure), weakness to fire, more susceptible towards magic.
    fandom; elder scrolls oc

sexuality; bisexual
    crush; open
    spouse; n/a

Personality Lorulae views the world as a big, complex machine, and recognizes that as with any machine, all parts are interrelated. She excels in analyzing these connections, seeing how seemingly unrelated factors tie in with each other in ways that bewilder most others. If something grabs her interest, Lorulae can be very dedicated to her work. She often puts in long hours and intense effort. Lorulae is goal-oriented, and if tasks lead to something clear and relevant, she strives to accomplish those tasks. While Lorulae's intellectualism yields many insights into her surroundings, her surroundings are ironically considered an intrusion on her thoughts. This is especially true with people – Lorulae is quite anti-social. More complicated situations such as gatherings exacerbate this, but even close friends struggle to get into her heart and mind. Lorulae values traditions and history highly in her decisions. A situation sometimes needs to reach a breaking point before she is persuaded by circumstance, or the strong personality of a loved one, to alter course. Over the years, Lorulae became insensitive. So much so that she often forgets any kind of emotional consideration, or just doesn't care – she dismisses subjectivity as irrational and as an attempt to bar much-needed progress. Purely emotional situations are often utterly puzzling to her, and her lack of timely sympathy can easily offend.

History Born in the last half of the Merethic Era, Lorulae is one of the last remnants of the Ayleid Empire, which met its end in the first two centuries of the First Era. Not adept at her people's form of magic, Lorulae was shunted off to the lower classes of society, and she worked as a scout and messenger to make ends meet. She was 150, still young by Ayleid standards, when she took a job that had her traveling through dangerous territory, as the area was infested with vampires. Lorulae underestimated the danger, and ended up being killed by the dominant vampire lord in the area, who subsequently infected her. When she awoke three days later, completely unaware of her condition, she proceeded to complete her mission and return home. It wasn't long before she lost control and killed someone. She was ran out of the Ayleid Empire, never to return. That, and her immortality brought on by vampirism, most likely explains her continued survival after the rest of her people went extinct.

For centuries, Lorulae wandered Tamriel almost aimlessly, doing what was necessary to survive. She eventually found a home within the Dark Brotherhood, a notorious group of assassins, in the first two centuries of the Second Era. She did well and became a prominent member of her Sanctuary, until the end of the era when one of her targets revealed himself to be a powerful Altmer sorcerer. He placed her under a spell that sent her into a coma, and then, upon discovering she's the last of an ancient race, kept her as a trophy. Throughout the remaining years of the Second Era, and the entirety of the Third Era(a whole of 433 years), she was comatose until the spell finally lifted with the death of the sorcerer. She tried to return to the Brotherhood, only to find it virtually nonexistent. So, she resigned herself to wandering the land again, revisiting the nations she's seen so many times before.
Last edited by multicurious on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"Wowzers!"

Postby Goodbye... » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm

"I'm always on Duty!"

Name; Inspector Gadget
Real Name John Brown
Race; Human-Cyborg
Gender; Male
Age; 27
Height; 6'1
Body; Slender, Slightly Muscular

Canon or OC; Canon
Fandom; Inspector Gadget (1983)
Sexuality; Heterosexual
Crush; Open (PM if interested.)
Dragonsign; Blue

Physical Appearance; Gadget is a tall Caucasian adult male, with pointy black hair, and a bulbous nose. Despite being a cyborg, he still possesses a mostly human body with real sensitive skin for the most part, however his joints and neck are completely mechanical in nature although covered in what seems to be synthetic (and sensitive) skin while other parts of his body have been enhanced with metallic gadgets, just as the area behind his ears. His hands are also completely mechanical but they do have synthetic skin which usually goes unseen due to Gadget never removing his gloves unless they no longer fit him (which has only happened on one occasion), but despite being completely mechanical, he can feel the senses of touch and pain just fine with them. Under certain circumstances Gadget can coat his arms with the same extendable metal in his joints, making him immune to injection needles (which he loathes) if he uses them in such a fashion, and he can also do this as a way of oiling up the whole length of his metallic arm at once.

Attire; Gadget's most iconic and regularly worn outfit is his inspector's uniform which consists of a grey fedora and trench coat over a white shirt with a blue necktie, blue pants and grey shoes. His outfit also serves as part of his gadget arsenal and contains even more gadgets within itself for his use. His hat contains a larger assortment of gadgets than his outfit and is an article of clothing he greatly values, never going anywhere without it according to Penny. He also wears a pair of brown gloves on his hands that, like with his hat, he never takes off regardless of what outfit he's wearing, even when going swimming.

Personality; Inspector Gadget is a bumbling yet well meaning crime fighter who is "always on duty", even when on vacation, showing a special dedication to his job and the pursuit of justice, even if he is quite inept at it. He tends to say "Wowzers!" whenever something surprising to him happens. He can get very confused at times, and might look stupid in doing so. Despite his job as an inspector, he is very prone to missing clues and even the obvious. Even his superior Chief Quimby tends to suffer because of Gadget's lack of focus, as Gadget always misses the last detail on every assignment note Quimby gives him, expressly telling him the note will self-destruct, yet Gadget always ends up throwing it in the Chief's face to explode, much to Quimby's frustration.

Gadget can also be quite gullible, often falling for even the most obvious ruses and disguises. His inability to tell friend from foe in simple disguises when on duty is most notable whenever his dog Brain tries to help him on his missions while in disguise, with Gadget often confusing his poor dog for a criminal (even when Brain has no disguises on) and Gadget may even end up unintentionally helping his foes without realizing they're MAD agents despite obvious signs of their villainy. Gadget also tends to be a little too charitable for his own good in that while it is a virtuous trait, it often results in others (mostly MAD agents) taking advantage of his generosity to lure him to his doom or make a fool out of him. A lesser seen trait of Gadget (although as exploitable as the rest) is that he is easily susceptible to feminine charms, becoming easily seduced by attractive (or even moderately attractive) women, a weakness that is often exploited by MAD's female agents, as well as male agents disguised as women or even a disguised Brain (or monster) in a dress, and while he tries to remain humble and chivalrous around them, this will also result in his undoing for if he thinks a lady is "poorly dressed" he will quickly cover his eyes, effectively blinding him and making him even more susceptible to all sorts of misfortune. Because of these traits and his natural clumsiness, Gadget tends to prove that he is quite incompetent at his job and most anything he tries to do.

Regardless, Gadget is a good-natured individual with a big heart who always tries to do what he thinks is right and help anyone who needs it. He also cares deeply for his family, mainly his niece Penny, his dog Brain, and later on, his sidekick Corporal Capeman (whom he mistakenly calls "Capman"), often acting as a mentor and parental figure to them. And its because of this kind nature and the love for his family that Penny and Brain are always doing their best to help Gadget at his job without his knowing to make sure he doesn't realize how bad he actually is at it.

(Note: for the sake of this Roleplay, Gadget will be at least more competent than usual and somewhat more serious)

History: Gadget was born to the Gadget family sometime around 27 years ago, and like his earliest ancestors, Gadget was given a hat with its own mechanical hand. During his childhood, Gadget loved playing paddle ball, eventually becoming one of his favorite toys.

Later in his adulthood, Gadget joined the police force as an inspector, but at an unknown point, he had a near fatal accident caused by a car crash. Surgery soon followed and Gadget awoke new and improved with over 13,000 crime-fighting gadgets installed into his body, courtesy of the brilliant Professor Von Slickstein, turning him into an elite bionic crime-fighter and resulting in him eventually being promoted to INTERPOL.

Powers/Abilities:

Gadgets: Inspector Gadget's gadgets are his primary tools for fighting crime and his day-to-day chores. He has dozens of gadgets at his disposal, possibly numbering around 13,000 different gadgets installed throughout his body, (Note: Again, for the sake of thise Roleplay he won't have nearly as many, just the main ones that he uses) his clothes and some are even installed in his second home. Gadget mainly activates his gadgets via voice command by saying "GO-GO" followed by the name of the needed gadget, but on some occasions he is able to activate his gadgets instinctively without the need of the voice commands.

Gadget Arms: The joints of Gadget's forearms and hands have been modified into an expanding metal that can extend to great lengths which can reach more than twice the length of his body, making it so there is nothing he cannot catch or ensnare his arms around in a binding grip, although he mostly finds success when using his arms to aid in simple household chores, such as reaching high shelves or putting bird houses in trees. His hands have also been modified with small cranks (along with an assortment of other gadgets) that a third party can use to manually retract Gadget's arms when he is in dire straits. Gadget's arms are incredibly durable under almost any form of pressure or strain and never suffering any damage, even when Gadget is tortured on stretch rack and stretched to unbelievable lengths (which he in fact found quite ticklish). However despite this durability, the hands aren't superhuman, as foes and animals who are bigger and more massive than Gadget have been able to unwrap themselves from Gadget's binding arms or suffer little pain or pressure from their snare.

Gadget Neck: Much like his arms, Gadget's neck has been modified with an extendable neck made from the same material as his arms. Unlike his arms though, Gadget's neck possesses no offensive use, as he mainly uses his neck in conjunction with his Gadget Binoculars for reconnaissance and spying on criminals, although he tends to activate his neck for no real reasons at times, often stretching his neck at random, when surprised or simply for sightseeing.

Gadget Legs: The joints of Gadget's shins and feet have been altered and equipped with incredibly long springs that help him bounce to incredible heights. These are most useful when trying to reach high places in a hurry or when Gadget falls into pit trap or a narrow hole too small for his copter. Despite being springs, his Gadget Legs have been shown to be capable of stretching and holding up Gadget's weight in a manner similar to his arms, allowing him to walk across deep bodies of water or walk over hazardous traps and deadly environments.

Gadget Coat: His trench coat is designed to inflate like a balloon when he pulls one of its buttons which enables him to float — in water or in the sky, helping him to avoid deadly traps and falls or even escape from quicksand and heavy pressure. Whenever used, it is almost always deflated by being punctured, which causes it to rapidly deflate and making Gadget shoot through the sky as the air is released before falling from a great height. Despite its incredible vulnerability to sharp objects, the Gadget Coat is quite durable in other respects, as whenever Gadget is tied down with ropes or even metal chains, the Gadget Coat's inflation can easily break through any of these restraints without issue.

Gadget Tie: Gadget's necktie is not just an article of clothing, it also functions as a rope and lasso used mainly to tie up numerous criminals at once, to round up animals or as a climbing rope on rare occasions that Gadget forgets to use his arms. He also called this gadget the Gadget Necktie and the Gadget Lasso.

Gadget Cuffs: Gadget's forearms (or possibly just the sleeves of his Gadget Coat) have been equipped with a pair of hidden metal handcuffs which he uses to arrest evil-doers, however most of the time he ends up using them on his poor dog Brain or some other innocent passerby when confusing them for MAD agents. These cuffs also can adjust their size to fit anyone Gadget wishes to arrest, including expanding to fit an elephant's trunk.

Inspector Gadget's Hat: is a small grey fedora that contains the largest assortment of gadgets at Gadget's disposal. Unlike most of his other gadgets, the ones in his hat are not directly attached to his body, but his hat is the one article of clothing Gadget rarely ever parts with unless forced to, such as when he's attacked or shrunken down to a size smaller than his clothes. While the hat is removable and Gadget has been shown needing to hold it down when running or windy, it has been shown that the hat can fasten itself to Gadget when using one of his aerial gadgets while falling or being able to stay in place when swinging one of its heavy gadgets around. Surprisingly, Gadget also has spare gadget hats within his hat that also have a spare gadget hat.

Gadget Hands: Gadget's most frequently used gadgets are the dozens of uncountable mechanical hands installed in his hat. All the hands are identical, wearing the same yellow gloves and having long and thin metal arms, but despite their identical appearance, each hand may serve a different function, or may even act as "extra muscle" to give Gadget a little backup strength when needed in either crime-fighting or doing simple chores. These hands manage a large assortment of Gadget's other gadgets or equipment, holding various objects for any situation, including a mallet, a phone, an umbrella, a saw, a sword, a camera, a motorized fan, a can opener, and other useful items, all of which somehow fit within the "hammerspace" of Gadget's hat. Of course, there are times when they will also be holding something useless or unhelpful to the situation. On rare occasions, it will seem as though these hands have a mind of their own, often protecting Gadget from harm he is not aware of, such as falling or moving heavy objects, hazards or any other form of threat, at which point a hand will pop out and attack the potential threat or many will appear at once and stop a heavy object from crushing their oblivious owner. These hands are quite durable, able to withstand almost any strong force or attack that hits them, rarely ever being damaged unless hit with an incredibly powerful explosion. Aside from his hat, Gadget also has many other hands installed in his second home which also obey his commands and look identical to the ones in his hat, with these hands functioning as servants, housekeepers and as a security system.

Gadget 'Copter: Gadget's hat is equipped with three red helicopter propeller blades and handles that enable him to fly through the air with relative ease. While it is Gadget's most effective method of travel, it usually ends up getting broken or stuck on something. In the event that it does break, Gadget has a second spare ready. The 'Copter is very efficient at helping Gadget get around and can fly him almost anywhere without issue. Its one flaw other than its vulnerability is the fact that it often tends to run out of energy at inconvenient times.

Gadget 'Brella: Whenever his Gadget 'Copter and its spare are indisposed or Gadget wishes to have a soft landing, Gadget calls upon his Gadget 'Brella to serve as a parachute. The Gadget 'Brella is a small pink umbrella stored in his hat which is held up by one of his many mechanical hands. Only rarely does the umbrella ever actually work in the parachute-esque fashion that Gadget tries to use it in, usually either due to the umbrella breaking or turning inside-out due to Gadget's weight or because of an unexpected amount of extra weight; still the fact that the umbrella can hold up Gadget from a heavy fall for even 8 seconds or on the rare occasion that it actually helps him fall slowly and safely to the ground is an impressive feat by itself and a testament to the umbrella's endurance. Despite being an umbrella, Gadget rarely uses it to protect himself from the rain, and even more baffling is that while Gadget tends to use his umbrella as a parachute, he already has a Gadget Parachute installed which he forsakes in favor of using his umbrella for reasons that probably make sense only to him.

Gadget Mallet: The Gadget Mallet is Gadget's most frequently used offensive weapon. It is a large wooden mallet stored and operated by one of the many Gadget Hands in his hat. Gadget mainly uses it to knock out criminals in a non-lethal fashion or break down objects standing in his way. It often tends to activate by itself whenever Gadget is in danger he is not immediately aware of.

Top-Secret Gadget Phone: A special phone installed in Gadget's right hand, with the earpiece and antenna installed in his thumb and the mouthpiece in his pinky finger. He has a secondary red phone installed in his hat which is operated by one of the extra hands in his hat. The purpose of the Top-Secret Gadget Phone is to serve as a direct and secret communications link between Gadget and Chief Quimby.

(Note: I'm sorry that was so long, I didn't mean for it to be! Credit for information goes to a Wikia page I found, also If Gadget's abilities are too many I can tone them down some more if needed! ^_^)
Last edited by Goodbye... on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Goodbye...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ eiridi // fe 3h oc ]

Postby ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:08 am

full name; eiridi von ronchelle (pronounced air-ree-dee)
      gender; female
      age; seventeen
      sexuality; demisexual
      species; half human, half grevail (race capable of shapeshifting into griffins)
      fandom; fire emblem three houses
      canon or oc?; oc
      class; myrmidon
      dragonsign; white
      appearance;
      height; 5'6
      weight; 101 lbs
      hair color; silver-grey, tied in short ponytail
      eye color; light blue
      features; feathery ears (scarred left ear)
      weapon; killing edge, beaststone broach
      personality; though eiridi comes across as level-headed, she can come across as quite serious and straightforward. she often speaks with a blunt tone and dislikes overly frivolous chatter. eiridi is a very independent person and tends to prefer her own company, even in the presence of her own house. despite this, she is a caring friend with a protective side to her.
      - eiridi has a tendency to obsess over her own strength. though she is very diligent when it comes to her training, this often comes at the extent of her own well-being. that said, eiridi is not arrogant when it comes to her strength and gives respect to those who are stronger than her, with eiridi naming edelgard and later byleth as examples. eiridi does have a bad habit of disregarding anything that would make her come across as weak, such as emotions and even having casual conversations. this has also extended to eiridi lacking in casual skills such as singing and cooking, as shown in her respective quotes when doing either activity.
      - her obsession with coming across as strong stems from being half grevail. though she appears proud of her heritage as a grevail, this is not the case at all. eiridi is actually highly insecure about herself and suffers from slight pistanthrophobia (fear of trusting other people), both of which stems from her childhood. after an incident where she accidentally revealed her grevail features, eiridi became the target of vicious insults and discrimination, all from people who were once kind to her. eiridi secretly wishes to have been born a regular human in order to have not faced the constant discrimination and prejudice she did having been born half-grevail. to mask these insecurities, eiridi hopes that growing stronger will overshadow her grevalian features and be what others mainly see as opposed to her features.
      crush; none, open (pm me)
      other;
      - art is a drawing i commissioned, and belongs to me. drawing credit belongs to gzei.
      - grevails are my own idea and belong to me.
      - (ooc; hope everything looks alright. c:)
ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me