the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | disc.

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | disc.

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 am

For as long as there have been stars in the sky, humans and dragons have hated each other. The two species have always been at war, the death toll beginning to soar into into the millions as they tried to drive each other from their homeland of Pirenne. The war has become so long and so natural, that the reason why it even started has been forgotten. Instead of a temporary problem, it has become a way of life. A culture. And so The War of Pirenne draws itself out, with no end in sight.

"We who have seen war
never stop seeing it."
Last edited by multicurious on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | disc.

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 am

R U L E S

— Please try to use correct grammar and punctuation.
Good: "Hello, how are you?" She said, smiling.
BAD: hi how r u

— Try to post at least three full sentences. I understand if you've got 'writer's block' or something, but try to do more than "He smiled and left." It's very hard for someone to reply to that.

— Please, don't kill another person's character unless you've asked for their and my permission first.

— Keep signatures disabled on the main thread! It's just cleaner.

— Dragons and humans can have powers if you want them to, but don't be OP.

— Drama is highly encouraged, just PM me for any plot twists that relate to the story.

— You can have as many characters as you can handle.

— If you're consistently online and posting in other topics but not in this one for over a week, you'll be removed from the character list.

— Put the word "scales" in the other part of your form to prove you've read the rules.

— No Gary/Mary Sues. Your character must have downsides. Nobody's perfect, after all.

— All of Tess's rules apply.

— You don't have to make a boy for every girl, but keep genders even. That being said, keep sides even, too. If you make a dragon, make a human.
Last edited by multicurious on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am

Form

Feel free to make your own form! This is just a basic one. Asterisked questions are REQUIRED.

Code: Select all
[list][img]Image Here[/img]
Username:
*Name:
*Powers(if any):

*Species:

Sexuality:
Crush:
Mate/Spouse:
Children:

*Personality;
*History;
Other:
[/list]
Last edited by multicurious on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

V R H A E M A R
*Imagine Smaug, but double his size*

"Pray to your gods that my wrath is swift."

I See Fire — Ed Sheeran

name; vrhaemar
    gender; male
    age; 925,500,000 years estimated
    rank; rogue
    powers; he can shift into his human form. instead of breathing normal fire vrhaemar spits flaming boulders, much like creating his own meteors.
    sexuality; bi
    crush; n/a
    mate; open
    children; there have been many, it is unknown whether they are alive.

Vrhaemar is very intelligent, cunning, and incredibly devious. He is a master tactician, using his intellect to outwit his enemies and having dangerously uncanny foresight. Vrhaemar is ruthless and has a low tolerance for those he considers weak, like humans and some younger dragons. He appears to have very little care for others in his species, and is intrigued by the humans. He seems most dragons as insignificant, but finds some human methods to be worthy of his curiosity. Because of this, he likes to shift into his human form to mingle with different areas of human culture in Pirenne.
    Much of Vrhaemar's history has been lost to time. He's been the witness of the rise and fall of countless civilizations, and has been the downfall of many kingdoms. When the War of Pirenne started, he was already ancient, and felt that the conflict was beneath him. He mostly stayed out of it, but would gladly decimate any humans or dragons that stray too close to his lair.

L I R I A N

"It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

Missile — Dorothy

name; Lirian Grays
    gender; female
    age; 42
    rank; human queen
    powers; lirian can generate and manipulate fire. she also has the ability to shift into a dragon form, a power only she knows about and desperately tries to hide. dragon form
    sexuality; heterosexual
    crush; open
    spouse; the king
    children; ahone grays

Lirian grew up in an oddly distant royal family. The only time she was around her parents was during lessons, meetings, and formal events. However, Lirian became deathly ill when she was 17, spending a year on her deathbed until her parents were desperate enough to hire a mysterious sorcerer to heal her. She recovered, but they had to pay the sorcerer a hefty price. In order to keep the balance, they had to give up a life in order to save her. Lirian's mother volunteered. Because of her sacrifice, Lirian was able to live on to become Queen.
    Lirian almost constantly exudes magnanimity and sternness and is held in great respect (and some fear) by nearly all who meet her. Used to having her way, she tolerates neither audacity nor silliness from others and is known to turn cold towards people who say or do things in front of her that she considers stupid. Despite her strict demeanour, Lirian does exhibit a dry sense of humour which usually comes out when times are tough. She is also someone who rarely gives compliments freely. Lirian is not afraid to speak her mind and shows quite a sharp tongue, especially during arguments. Unlike many of her fellow humans, she doesn't hate dragons. in fact, she feels a small connection to them. however, she will defend her kingdom against all that threaten it.

E C H O

"Ignorance is knowing the truth,
seeing the truth,
but still believing in lies."

Miracle — The Score

name; adira "echo" frey
    gender; female
    age; 30
    rank; former soldier, now an assassin.
    powers; she has the ability to turn near-invisible. she doesn't disappear completely, but instead she has the ability to apply the look of her surroundings to her own appearance, like a chameleon effect.
    sexuality; pansexual
    crush; open
    spouse; open
    children; n/a

Echo has been described as many things -- charming, adaptable, ruthless, and, probably her favorite one, unreadable. She is a master at keeping her emotions from showing on the outside, and appreciates the fact that it keeps people guessing. Echo is capable of adapting to any situation, holding a library of different aliases and faces to help her blend in. This tends to make her lose her sense of self, however, as she often needs to withdraw from society just to figure herself out again. Her true self can come off as reserved and stand-offish, as she tends to have a difficult time letting people get close to her. She suffers from trust issues and a severe case of PTSD, the unfortunate result of her rocky past. Because of this, she can be cold and ruthless at times, but deep down she is actually a good-hearted person who just wants to live in peace. Her moods can sometimes be unpredictable, and she sometimes hears voices and sees hallucinations. This is due to the damage done by arcane magic.
    Echo was born under the name Adria Frey to two farmers in a small village in the flatlands of Pirenne. She was the youngest of three siblings, and by far the quietest. She learned to fight from her oldest brother(who happened to be the one to nickname her "Echo"), but didn't care for his sword & shield style. Echo chose to train as a covert agent, becoming very skilled with many forms of blades, bows, and stealth. When she was old enough, she followed the footsteps of her siblings and joined the military. She served as a spy and assassin for years, tracking and dismantling what she could of the dragon operations. She never expected any thanks, and never got any. Instead, she was assigned to a captain who also happened to be a powerful mage. He ended up being corrupt and vindictive. When Echo found out, she was prepared to expose him. However, he stopped her before she could say anything and placed her under an insidious form of mind control. She couldn't verbally or physically act against him in any way. Forced to comply, her brain was strained under the magic, and the mind control almost killed her. The agony went on for about a year until, eventually, the captain slipped in his spell on her. She doesn't know what happened, but she remembers snapping. She remembers plunging a dagger into his throat and then fleeing her regiment, the military, and the kingdom.
Last edited by multicurious on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 15 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seraphici » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Username: Liontrust

×,.·´¨'°÷·..§§.·´¨'°÷·..×

Name: Ahone Grays
    Powers(if any): Arcane :p

Species: Human

Sexuality: Straight (can easily be changed ;) )
    Crush: Open
    Mate/Spouse: None
    Children: None

Personality: Interesting person to be around, quite curious, kind of creative but not much of a strategic planner. He can strategize but terribly. Books are his everything, reading them whenever he can. When it comes to being around people Ahone is very antsy since he hasn't really met new people ever since he was sent to the school (mentioned in history). Sometimes he will have a stutter when talking, especially if he is nervous. He loves his horse, especially since it was a gift from his mother on his 18th birthday so it was easier for him to get around when he was allowed to, and treats her much better than any human he knows. The prince isn't good with emotions, whether they're his own or someone else's, and isn't exactly someone you want to go to if you want to rant.

History: Ahone enjoys using his magic in private and has been taught how to use it and HONE (get it? I’ll leave) his abilities since he was about 12. Recently he was pulled into the war and now uses his spells to fight and sometimes kill the dragons. It seems like a crazy feat but it’s nothing compared to actual soldiers who can kill dragons with just their weapons. Technically he is inferior when it comes to his “strength”.

The young prince never knew of the war from how well he was sheltered by his mother(again, is this okay?) and grew up thinking dragons were extinct. He was innocent for years upon years until he got old enough to figure it out and he was finally told.

At this point, Ahone was sent to learn more about and practice with his magic in a nearby school meant for gifted children like him. Upon the first day and him accepting and saying his vows, he was branded on the back of his hand with what you would call a unicursal hexagram. Embarrassed by it knowing that there are some people that hate mages, or magic wielders, he instantly got some gloves, cut off the fingers, and put them on, never taking them off since then.

He was at the school until just before he was assigned to Titus' regiment so he had been there for practically half of his life and lost all of his people skills.

Looks: As I said earlier, I’m gonna describe his clothes. Pretty much top and cloak wise it’s similar to the gif, except light yet dark purples(if that makes sense) in place of the pale blues of the top/tunic thing and a dark cool grey in place of the dark blue of the cloak. His pants are pale brown, beige-ish and a belt of the same color around his waist, holding his tunic and pants together/on him. On his belt are two sheathes, each holding a small dagger he uses in case he has to do close combat and/or he is silenced. (His spells require him to speak/mutter/whatever). He has dark brown-ish boots that go halfway up his shins with no special decorations and his fingerless gloves are black. He typically wears his hood down but when it comes to combat he has it up. Ahone’s eyes are the typical chocolate brown that goes with his black hair along with pale red lips :p. He's about 5'10 and is pretty pale since most of his life he was inside the school he went to since he was 12. They never really allowed students to go outside for protection and because of all the training they went through. Ahone is also scrawny per say. He's the normal weight for his height and age but he doesn't ever have much of an appetite, eating or drinking too much gets him almost sick at times, mainly because, again, the training he went through and how small the meals were there. (DESCRIPTIONS)

Description of stuff taken down: Ahone’s horse is a brown and white pinto named Calico. His daggers are silver blades slightly curved with two of those talons some dragons have on their wings on the end as the hilts. The talons were from a very very young dragon that strayed too close to the human kingdom many many years ago and were welded via magic to the blades. On the actual blade there are runes that he engraved himself to enhance their sharpness. He’s not the best with enchantments so if it backfires, that sucks for him.

Unlike others, he doesn’t wear armor, nor does his horse even tho he is a soldier in the war, so he’s pretty vulnerable

Other: scales
Last edited by seraphici on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 am, edited 11 times in total.
seraphici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Username: julibee
Name: Xiao Mei
Powers: enhanced reflexes and speed, can transfer these powers to another by touching them ("helping hand")
Tattoo: her family's coat of arms. A two headed Gryphon clutching a shield and sword in it's claws with a fleur de lis on it's chest. Above the gryphon reads "arte et marte/by skill and by war" and below "incepto ne desistam/may I not shrink from my purpose"

Species: human

Sexuality: bisexual
Crush: open
Mate/Spouse: n/a
Family: Jian's half sister
Children: n/a

Personality; Xiao is exceedingly calm, known to never raise her voice or speak out of turn. This is mostly due to her very disciplined upbringing, as she was taught not to let her emotions rule her. However, she can still become cold when disappointed in someone, and doesn't know how to communicate her feelings well. Due to her new position, she's been more internally stressed than ever before. Despite her training to be emotionally detached, she's extemely empathetic and will do whatever it takes to minimize human suffering.

History; Her family is a family of warriors, every one of them trained early on in the art of fighting. Also, the genetic ability of enhanced reflexes is also passed down among them, perhaps lending to their family occupation. Xiao knew she was to join the army against the dragons from a young age, and has trained for it since then. After becoming a soldier, she began to work her way up the ranks, soon becoming a favorite of the previous general. However, due to their untimely demise in the fighting and her position as their chosen student, she has found herself thrust into a position she is sure she is unprepared for.

Looks; Xiao is of medium height and lean frame, with black hair and dark brown eyes. She usually wears simple leggings to allow her range of movement and a flowing top. In battle, she dons lightweight minimal black armor that won't weigh her down as much as it's more traditonal counterparts. Mostly she uses it to block any possible projectiles, and has looked into trying to get heat-proof it so she won't be cooked if she fails to dodge a firestream. A large tattoo of her family's coat of arms is on her back.

Other: scales. She plays the violin as stress relief, and enjoys reading up on past generals, wars, and observations on dragons in her free time.

------
------
-----

Username: julibee
Name: Jian Mei
Powers: enhanced strength and pain resistance, can draw energy from nearby non-resistant sources (small animals, plants)
Tattoo: his family's coat of arms on his neck. A two headed Gryphon clutching a shield and sword in it's claws with a fleur de lis on it's chest. Above the gryphon reads "arte et marte/by skill and by war" and below "incepto ne desistam/may I not shrink from my purpose". Has a scale pattern down his right arm.

Species: human

Sexuality: bisexual, tendency towards men
Crush: open
Mate/Spouse: n/a
Family: Xiao's half brother
Children: n/a

Personality; Jian is arrogant and irresponsible, willing to step on anyone to get his way. He finds he idea of honor ridiculous, and use his background in warfare to embark on self-serving lifestyle. Despite his rather friendly outward presention, he struggles with keeping his cool and had quite a temper when angered. Still, he can be fiercly loyal without being bought, and despite his ridicule of more noble pursuits, he doesn't like getting innocent people involved in his work. If they do, however, whatever happens to them is their fault. Has a tendency to do the opposite of what he is told to do (major authority problem), and actually prefers to avoid fighting and is more likely to run then anything.

History; Born into the Mei family, he was educated at a young age for warfare. However, instead of becoming a revered soldier or teacher like other family members, he decided to leave home and use his skills to make money. His rebellious streak makes him resistant to doing anything to help the war effort on either side without compensation, and he prefers to just keep his jobs small and on the down low.

Looks; Jian got his father's height, standing at around 6'5, and is pretty muscular. He has black hair and dark brown eyes, and tanned skin. He prefers tough hammered leather to protect his wrists, chest, and arms, and hates wearing armor. Normal clothing is pretty neutral shirs and long pants, often pretty well worn despite him being able to afford well above that. His weapon of choice is many knives hidden on his person and a garrotte for more sneaky endeavors.

Other: scales.
Last edited by jules_ on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:47 pm

my form is completed
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seraphici » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 pm

I couldn’t stand looking at this cringe so I have changed it as of 12-10-17
Last edited by seraphici on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
seraphici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me