Open & accepting! •Materea High• Discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Besides the wonder of a brand new, magical school, what should be our first plot point?

The building catches fire! (And until we uncover the real cause, the fire elementals become the butt of the school.)
15%
Someone who shouldn't discovers us!
4%
A select few students are chosen to meet Lady Materea (and are sworn to secrecy)!
4%
A student or a group of students get lost in the forest!
7%
The students plan a celebration dance (or similar social event)!
11%
Let's play matchmaker with Mr. Saab & Mr. Bell!
22%
A high-drama event!
No votes
A low-drama event!
7%
No event! We should focus on developing character bonds & social groups first.
30%

Total votes : 27

Open & accepting! •Materea High• Discussion

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:23 pm

[This is the discussion thread for Materea High!

This is where you'll post character application forms and ooc discussion. Thanks for checking out my rp!

The rp is open for posting as soon as your form is accepted!

Posting is open here too. If you have any thoughts/questions/ideas, go ahead!

And please, especially if you're interested in joining Materea High, give the poll up top a click or two! :thumbup:
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please be considerate of those of us with social anxiety in your trade rules.
It's a disorder that we cannot help!

Consider joining my rp? •Materea High•

Note: The "14" in my username is a reference to an inside joke about an anime. I've used this username for years before i ever knew of the trend of using this number. It does not mean anything besides that said above.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Students

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Once your application is accepted, your character(s) will be listed here!
I may edit your text to save space or to better fit the list format.

Ro Ableton played by ebonybonn
Character Appearance: Has a tall, lithe figure & long, thin black hair that reaches her mid back. It's usually tied up and out of the way of her face. Her eyes are a light grey colour, similar to that of an approaching rain cloud. Usually wears leggings and a loose, off the shoulder shirt over a singlet. Usually goes bare foot, but has nothing against shoes. Often wears a band on her left wrist.
Gender & Pronouns: Female; she/her
Element: Water
City: Sydney, Australia
Orientation: Questioning
Classes: General water, Practical Uses and Precision
Crush(es)/Datemate(s): none
Other Info: The daughter of a successful business man and woman. Was formerly attending a prestigious dance school and flourishing as one of the top dancers in her level. Competent in a wide variety of dance, but prefers the more emotional styles. Form!

Dmitri Hughes played by 14InAHeart
Image credit to asomaguy on DA.
Gender & Pronouns: Boy; he/him
Element: Fire
City: Marietta, GA, USA
Orientation: Gay
Classes: General Fire, Practical Uses, & Working Together
Other Info: Introverted but not shy. Very polite in nature. Plays violin & enjoys collaborating with other amateur musicians. Is quite insecure about his powers in the sense that he believes they make him a freak.

Jin-Mi "Amy" Moonplayed by Chamrosh
Character Appearance: Quite short and petite. Actually fairly muscular for her size, as she really puts in effort during sports sessions. Her hair is pretty long, and naturally very short, but she normally wears it up in a bun or ponytail. Dresses practically in most situations. Has an ear cuff on her left ear - which is what she sees as being rebellious.
Gender & Pronouns: Female; she/her
Element: Air
City: Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Orientation: Pansexual
Classes: Basic Air training, Precision, Practical Uses
Other Info: Amy likes to think of herself as a logician, and she loves reading in general. A bit of an introvert, but not hugely, and she’ll warm up to people very easily. Can be quite anxious about keeping to rules and not being seen as rude. Assumed her powers were a very hard to control form of telekinesis, and that she was going delusional under stress before she got the letter. Form!

Robin Moreau played by VY2
Character Appearance: ~ 5'6", rather thin & has long black hair cut just below his shoulders. Skin is somewhat tan w/ a few freckles. He has dark brown eyes & a nose that sticks out moreso in the middle than the end. Normally wears plain long sleeved shirts tucked into pants cut a little too short at the legs that show off an odd old pair of teal and brown dress shoes.
Gender & Pronouns: Nonbinary; he/him, they/them
City: Vancouver, Canada
Orientation: No Preference
Classes: Water Basics, Precision, Working Together
Other Info: Form!

Dylan Walker played by EternalShadows
Faceclaim is Brant Daugherty.
Gender & Pronouns: Male; he/him
City: Tahoe, California
Orientation: Unknown, possibly tba.
Classes: Water Basics, Magickal Props, Precision
Other Info: Dylan's mother died when he was 6. He never really knew her. His father's name is Charles and his little brother's name is Kaleb. Form!
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 am, edited 18 times in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: •Materea High• - Jin-Mi Moon

Postby Chamrosh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 am

Application
RPers' username: Chamrosh
Character Appearance: Amy is quite short and petite. She’s actually fairly muscular for her size, as she really puts in effort during sports sessions. Her hair is pretty long, and naturally very short, but she normally wears it up in a bun or ponytail, except on special occasions; even then she’ll often just do a bun with a hair pin. She dresses practically in most situations, and doesn’t like wearing anything she thinks that will be ruined easily. She has an ear cuff on her left ear- which is what she sees as being rebellious.
Character's Name: Jin-Mi “Amy” Moon
Gender & Pronouns: Female (She/Her/Her)
Element: Air
City: Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Orientation: Pansexual
Classes: Basic Air training, Precision, Practical Uses
Personality: Amy likes to think of herself as a logician. She’s brought a whole load of text books for subjects not taught at Materea High(Namely Sciences, Maths, and languages) so she can still blend in properly to outside society later, and she loves reading in general. She’s a bit of an introvert, but not hugely, and she’ll warm up to people very easily. Amy’s naturally very diligent. She’s willing to give most things a shot, and to keep trying at them.
She can be quite anxious about keeping to rules and not being seen as rude, even when she knows it’s the logically best thing to do.
History: Amy’s father was an academic, and her mum worked in retail. She assumed her powers were a very hard to control form of telekinesis, and that she was going delusional under stress before she got the letter. She might love learning and getting good test results, but the South Korean system is so stressful that even she was willing to trade it away for a virtually unknown school.
Other Jin-Mi took up the English name Amy as it was assigned to her by her first English teacher in school to help with “immersion”, although she does genuinely like the name.

___

I’m assuming there’s plenty of room for us to fit in extra stuff without it being an issue, right? I'll probably put any extra stuff I decide/establish in RP in bullet points below here to keep in track with myself anyway. XD
I also hope it's okay for me to be posting this now...Character Form reusable character
Last edited by Chamrosh on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: •Materea High• Discussion

Postby 14InAHeart » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 am

@ Chamrosh Yeah, extra info is totally fine! It might take me a second to decide how i want to add Amy to the student list, though, but application accepted!

You're welcome to start if you want, but you don't have to, of course. I have my own start prepared that i'll post once we have a few characters, if no one beats me to it.

Note: The "14" in my username is a reference to an inside joke about an anime. I've used this username for years before i ever knew of the trend of using this number. It does not mean anything besides that said above.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am

@14InAHeart That's fine, I'm not going to get annoyed at you taking a bit of time to sort things out or anything. XD
Sort it out however/whenever it makes sense for you.
Thank you. ;3

I'd be okay to start if you wanted but only if you're done with putting setting posts up? I don't want to awkwardly interrupt there. Plus I'd want to know when to start (eg, when characters are turning up to the start of the school year etc.) so I can fit in with your starters. Basically I'm okay starting but I'd prefer to go second.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 14InAHeart » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 pm

@ Chamrosh
It's cool, i don't need you to start, but yep, setup is done on the rp thread itself, so posting is open to accepted players.

I was planning on starting on the morning of the first day! The first characters have already been through the portal once to accept their invitation, so they're already on the roster & not so jarred by the new surroundings. And when other people join later, their characters will have simply answered their invitations later.

I was going to wait for at least five people to join, but if you want me to go ahead and start, i can!

14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:08 pm

@14InAHeart
I know, it's fine XD
Okay, coolies.

I like the sound of that. It's good and easy to work out what's going on with new players then.

I'm okay with waiting for other people to join, don't worry.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GoodbyeYall » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:12 pm

--removed--
Last edited by GoodbyeYall on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see you later
GoodbyeYall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 14InAHeart » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:41 pm

@ ebonybonn Accepted! Thank you for joining! ^^

14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 14InAHeart » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

So sorry it's been taking a while to get started! I've been waiting because i was hoping to have at least five players to begin with, but does anyone want to just start now?

14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me