Jhemalynn's Character Archive

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Jhemalynn's Character Archive

Postby Jhemalynn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Last edited by Jhemalynn on Sun May 24, 2015 10:35 am, edited 11 times in total.
|Character Archive|1x1 request post|
sick and tired of being sick and tired tbh

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Keta Wilshire

Postby Jhemalynn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 pm

[reference image will be added at a later date]
    Gender; Female
    Age; 46

Height; 5'10"

Weight; Approx. 150 lbs

Hair; earth brown, kept short for convenience; she has a very pronounced grey streak down the left side of her face

Eyes; Green

Distinguishing Features; numerous scars across her body from years of service. she has a semi-circular birthmark between her shoulder blades

Weapon of choice; The longsword; Keta also has archery skill and is sometimes seen with a one-handed sword and shield in mounted combat.

Status; Never married, and likely never will be

Children; Fraternal twins, a son and daughter; both are considered illegitimate. The son is deceased, killed by the now-adult daughter.

Family; Little is known about Keta's real parents or if she had any siblings, except that they may have been killed by a different House. She was adopted in infancy by the Wilshires and raised as their own; her adoptive mother passed a few years following and her adoptive father is now deceased.

Friends; Keta has little friends to speak of. The only true friend she has is her adoptive sister and head to the Wilshire household, Ayara Wilshire.

Occupation; Once a high-ranking knight under the Wilshire House, now serves under Ayara as a personal guard. Her spare time is spent training new recruits and hunting down her daughter, Joan.

Believed to be the last living descendant of one of the four original Houses, Keta was immediately revered by the Brookstead kingdom. Her younger years were spent with dedication to the Wilshire's personal army and she quickly became a cavalry unit. She had a brief relationship with a man in her early twenties, who mysteriously died after it was discovered he was an assassin for an opposing House. It was also discovered the man was the descendant of the House Jacobus, one of the original four Houses, and was a dragon shifter.
    The daughter that resulted from the relationship bore a birthmark similar to the one found on her father's body, indicating that she, too, was a shifter. Horrified, the Wilshire House did all it could to conceal the birth and existence of the daughter, but not the son.
    Now in her later years and especially after Joan's rise as a self-proclaimed prophetess, the Brookstead community and some surrounding Houses have mixed feelings about the warrior. Many of the lower knights treat her with respect, but some of the townspeople see her as a source of bad energies. She has become very bitter, hard to socialize with and at times volatile towards others. Keta is also incredibly stubborn and most often says what's on her mind. Despite her cold nature, Keta is very loyal to those she serves and considers allies.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ayara Wilshire

Postby Jhemalynn » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:07 am

[Reference Image to be added at a later date]
    Gender; Female
    Age; 49
    Height; 5'8"
    Weight; 132 lbs
    Hair; Bleach Blonde; very long, ends in a dovetail. Ayara often wears her hair up in a bun or in a braid.
    Eyes; Grey
    Distinguishing Features; Ayara is sometimes described as being "sickly" pale; she is often mistaken to be much younger than she actually is
    Weapon of Choice; Ayara does not fight, but she was trained in and leisurely practices archery.

Status; Never married, and likely never will be
    Children; None
    Family; Both parents deceased; she considers Keta her blood sister despite her adoption
    Friends; Because of her status as the head of a prominent House, Ayara is social with several other high-ranking members of society. Keta, however, is the only person she confides in.
    Occupation; Head of the Wilshire House
    Even from her childhood, Ayara was a loved member of the Brookstead kingdom. Her popularity rose when she became head of the Wilshire House at 29; she reformed Brookstead, effectively making it a much nicer and safer place to live. She also frequently held parties in the courtyard of the Wilshire Manor. For reasons unknown, Ayara has lived a life of celibacy, despite the countless suitors and against the wishes of her advisers.
    Joan's rise has put a strain on Brookstead and surrounding kingdoms, and therefore on Ayara. Ayara does her best to keep a strong wit about her even in times of desperation and fear. Ayara is kind and generous, sometimes to a fault. She is very hard to anger, but the outcome of doing so is never pleasant.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Joan

Postby Jhemalynn » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:28 am

[Reference image to be added at a later date]
The Basics
    Gender; Female
    Age; 26
    Height; 5'10" (human)/Approx. 20' in height, 16' from snout to tail, approx wingspan of 50-60 ft
    Weight; 140 lbs
    Hair/Scales; Black, medium length/Charcoal grey scales, cream underbelly
    Eyes; Golden Hazel
    Distinguishing Features; Teardrop-shaped birthmark between shoulder blades. Joan usually maintains a straight face unless angered; to demonstrate her control and dominance over her subjects, she often remains half-shifted with her wings or horns extended. Her dragon form sports a black mane down the back of her neck.
    Weapon of Choice; Joan relies on cunning and her dragon form to fight. When forced to use weapons, she favors daggers.
Family, Friends and Occupation
    Status; Joan isn't looking for anything longterm
    Children; None that she claims
    Family; Her mother, Keta, and twin brother though she hardly considers either of them family.
    Friends; If you consider countless subjects as "friends," Joan has many, though she hardly socializes unless someone can do her a favor.
    Occupation; Expanding her power across the continent, terrorizing Brookstead.
History
    Joan didn't have much of a childhood; the Wilshires were so afraid of what she was she was kept isolated inside the manor. She was privately educated up until age 10 and cared for by nannies while her twin brother received the adoration of Brookstead and the privilege of society. She continued to educate herself in the Wilshire's library for the next three years, until she finally discovered the reason she had been kept isolated. Over the next year and a half, Joan practiced her shifting abilities outside the manor under the veil of night, until finally she made her escape.
    It was with relative ease that Joan seized a small, developing kingdom on the far side of the continent. It was not until four years later, however, that the news of Joan's rising power reached back to Brookstead. By that time Joan had taken over a province and gained hundreds of devoted followers to what she called "Jacobus' Resurrection." Joan became known as a prophetess on the Eastern end of the continent, and abused the false title to seize more and more land.
    When Brookstead and a few surrounding kingdoms sent their armies to defeat Joan, they found no sign of her, but raided several of her cities. Outraged, she destroyed one of Brookstead's neighboring kingdoms. After "reforging" the destroyed cities, Joan quickly changed her focus from gaining more power to putting it on display. Still bitter from her childhood, she decided to exact revenge on Keta, promising to make her and all of Brookstead pay dearly.
    Much like her mother, Joan has a very short temper, which is only magnified by the dragon dwelling within. Joan is incredibly intelligent and manipulative; she most often has someone do her dirty work for her, and those who do not bend to her will are usually imprisoned. Joan is not social beyond basic need, and it is not advised for the feeble minded to associate with her.
Last edited by Jhemalynn on Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anastasia Grace Buford

Postby Jhemalynn » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:53 pm

The Basics
    Nickname; Ann or Ana
    Gender; female
    Age; 18
    Height; 5'6"
    Weight; 124 lbs
    Hair; Dark Brown, medium length
    Eyes; Brown
    Birthday; March 9th, 1996
    Status; Single

Other Stuff
    Likes; Music, reading, the rain
    Dislikes; Sudden noises, darkness, being alone for long amounts of time
    Family; "Mom, Pop, and my little brother Jim, that's about it."

History and Personality

I was born in Lexington, Kentucky to an amazing set of parents; my little brother followed three years after me. As a child, my father would take the family out on these awesome family outings to fantastic dinners, museums, and sometimes we'd even go watch the big shots train their Thoroughbreds for the Kentucky Derby. So...we weren't exactly rich, but not poor either. I mean, we had a nice house, nice clothes; as far as I was concerned, my life was going pretty well.
    But by the time me and my snot-nosed brother hit our teens, things started to change. We became mean and hateful to each other, finding a reason to throw nasty words at one another for whatever reason we could think of. Slowly we drifted more and more into isolation when we were at home; the family time crawled to a halt, and I can remember the time where we just didn't go out at all unless we really had to. By the time I was fifteen, I was ready to get away from this place.
    Y'know, I used to think myself as the bubbly type, or something like that. I had a great social life, and friends I could always turn to if I needed them. I really liked my life and everyone in it, other than being at home. But I have my faults like everyone else. If I leave to be by myself, it's never too long; I hate it and it makes me feel...weird. I don't sleep a lot anymore, and sometimes I can get ugly with people. I really do try to be nice though, honest. When I'm not crashing at a friend's house, I usually keep myself pent up in my room,reading books and listening to music or watching a movie. I like watching those happy, cheesy comedies about people getting away, or reading way out-there fiction books. I mean, hey, it's the closest I'm going to get to escaping here for a while.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Harper Rioux

Postby Jhemalynn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 am

(Harper's appearance is loosely based on Joan)

The Basics

Race; Human Shifter, dragon
    Gender; Female
    Age; 26
    Height; 5'10" (human)/Approx. 20' in height, 16' from snout to tail, approx wingspan of 50-60 ft
    Weight; 134 lbs
    Hair/Scales; Black, medium length/Charcoal grey scales, cream underbelly
    Eyes; Blue
    Attire; Much of her clothing is made from animal hide, differing in accordance to the weather. She wears a metal breastplate and leg plates over her work clothes; she takes pride in keeping these polished. She is often seen with a cowl over her head.
    Distinguishing Features; Her hands and feet look rough, almost scaly, but she passes this off as the price of constant work and travel. Harper's body temperature is slightly higher than most people, but she is also very sensitive to cold weather.
    Weapon of Choice; In favorable situations, Harper prefers her dragon form to fight. When forced to use weapons, she favors daggers or short swords.

Status; Harper hardly stays in one place long enough to hold a relationship
    Children; None
    Family; None to truly speak of; it is said she has a twin brother, though no one has been able to locate him. She idolizes her father, though she admits she has never met him.
    Friends; Harper keeps to herself for the most part, unless she thinks someone can do her some good.
    Occupation; None to speak of; she does small things to get by, or simply steals things she needs.

About and History

Because she travels frequently, not a lot is known about Harper and when asked she is usually very vague or tells different stories altogether. She claims to have spent her early childhood on the eastern end of the continent with her twin brother on the streets. She began to travel in her teens, almost exclusively for a few years on the opposite end of the continent following a mysterious arson incident.
    Harper frequents local libraries and archives in her spare time, most often during the night. During the day when she is not scrounging for necessities, she tends to peoplewatch. If she feels particularly bold, she preys on livestock.
    Although Harper sometimes does not act or look like the part, she is incredibly intelligent and, when she finds someone that can do her a favor, manipulative. She is very quick to anger and thus does not socialize beyond basic need. Because of this and her traveling, it is rare for her to maintain friendships or relationships, though she does this more out of necessity rather than sheer want. She currently resides on a piece of property she claims to have "bought" from the previous owner.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Giselle Bourque

Postby Jhemalynn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:02 am

The Basics
    Race; half-blooded elf
    Gender; Female
    Age; 34
    Height; 5'10"
    Weight; 146 lbs
    Hair; Brown, kept short for convenience
    Eyes; Green
    Attire; Most days she wears a button-up shirt, leather pants a tan trench coat and boots; when she hunts or takes on a job, or on special occasions, she wears full body armor
    Distinguishing Features; a scar starting from her left brow, over the bridge of her nose to the right cheek; aside from this, she has several smaller scars from years of fighting. She has a limp that she does well to hide, though it is much more noticeable during the rain or cold. Her ears are not as long as a full-blooded elf, but they do have a slight point, which is barely noticeable behind her hair.
    Weapon of choice; The longsword, or a one-handed sword and shield in mounted combat; she is skilled in archery, though she does it more for leisure rather than fighting.

Status; Never married
    Children; None
    Family; An only child; her mother died from illness when she was young, and her father was killed in combat during her twenties.
    Friends; She has few friends to speak of; she is by nature very solemn and usually keeps to herself
    Occupation; Giselle was, at one point, a mercenary-for-hire for a number of years; now that she is getting older, she rarely takes such offers and only does so when necessary.

About and History
    Due to her mixed blood, Giselle grew up in a very rural province; it was only in her late teenage years that she relocated to a more populated town. Her mother, an elf, taught her the basics of archery while she was still young and continued to practice it in leisure following her death. It was then her father taught her the art of sword wielding which she came to love.
    In her late teens, around the time she moved from her birthplace, she began offering her services for various things; food, money, clothing, horses and shelter. In recent years she has stopped taking such offers except only when necessary. She is typically avoided by those who recognize her, if not because of the scar then because of her reputation.
    Giselle spent much of her time as an adolescent alone and even the times she spent with her father were solemn or business-like. As a result she is very reserved and quiet and spends much of her time in her home. When tempered she becomes very stubborn, blunt and at times volatile. Despite her introversion and occasional icy behavior, Giselle is loyal to those she serves and considers friends.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roleplay Example: Fantasy

Postby Jhemalynn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:32 pm

These and the post following this one are from the same roleplay; the topic was fantasy, and the characters mentioned in each are archived somewhere above. Check the index.

Giselle's lips parted again and her brows creased in utter disbelief. As the elf went on, her heart began to sink. Giselle was not able to discern what, if anything the elf was feeling or thinking, and for a long while she could not find a proper response. Finally her brow furrowed in annoyance and she swallowed. "I am only as dangerous as people pay me to be," she spat, sitting up straight. "I did not kill three men in one swing; each got their own, individual swing." Giselle felt her scar throb and she forced herself to inhale. She collected her things and stood, but remained eyes contact with Tanna. "I may be half-blooded, but I am proud. I am not some lowly thief; I earn everything. Whoever told you such rubbish deserves to be slaughtered." Giselle quickly turned away and made to leave before she said anything worse. She shifted her bags to one hand, her other going to wrap around the hilt of her blade in a small attempt to ease herself.

Giselle’s brow twitched and she tried to ignore Tanna’s question, opting instead to brush past someone, but with the oncoming crowd she hardly got anywhere. “Home,” she answered. When Tanna came into her field of vision again, she turned her head enough to actually look at her, though she was still trying to push through the crowd, all the while her chest burning and scar throbbing. “Did you need to know or did you want to?” she countered, shoving one person away only to be replaced by another. This is ridiculous, she thought incredulously. “If you really had to ask you could have done so without acting like a child.” Finally she managed to get a little ground, but it was short lived and she ended up bumping into some sort of beast-like thing, and she dropped the two bags she was carrying. She vaguely heard the bottles clatter together, though strangely Tanna’s voice was much more on the forefront of her mind. Finally at a breaking point, Giselle’s fingers clutched at her blade’s hilt and she ripped it from its sheath, turning and pointing it in all directions. It almost immediately gave the desired effect, causing most of the crowd to scatter after a stupefied pause. She finally settled on Tanna. “I do not need your charity, Miss Kitail, or anyone else’s. I am very much capable of providing for myself. I do not want or need anything but myself.” Giselle quickly turned then and started back to her home, not bothering to see if anything she bought could be salvaged; she didn’t care, or at least she didn’t think she cared. She kept her sword out, setting its flat upon her shoulder.

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roleplay Example: Fantasy 2

Postby Jhemalynn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 pm

These and the previous post are from the same roleplay; the topic was fantasy, and the characters mentioned in each are archived somewhere above. Check the index.

In a very short amount of time, a number of emotions ran through Harper's body. At first she was releived that she had succeeded in spooking the bird and her body eased, but confusion soon followed when it simply hovered at the edge of the cave. Fear finally creeped back into her and she froze again as she watched the bird morph into a human. She managed to take a step backwards with a half roar, half shriek. Almost without realizing it and without meaning to, Harper's body shifted back to its human form. She quickly tried to shift back. She became caught somewhere between the transformation with scaled skin, talons, horns protruding from her head and wings extended. She folded her wings around her body to hide her front. Harper stumbled backwards and screeched when her wing joints hit the wall. The appendages sank back into her skin and Harper sunk down to the cave floor, her arms wrapped around her legs and legs close to her chest.

Harper's eyes narrowed as she watched the woman approach her, a growl rumbling in her chest. Her eyes traveled up and down her frame, though they dared not linger on anything but her face for more than a second. She could feel her heart still pounding in her chest from disbelief; shifters were quite rare and having one drop in so unexpectedly was strange. She bared a row of sharp teeth when she spoke and pressed herself into the wall. "Fool," she hissed, her voice layered. "You think I fear you? It was you just a moment ago that begged for mercy." Slowly her horns and scales receeded. She sat up, shifting her legs carefully. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Jhemalynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me