from the woods > d & f > closed

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

seraphina wilde > the herbalist

Postby azhefa. » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:14 am

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
════════════════
full;; seraphina elaine wilde nick;; sera, witch b
y some
age;; 28-years-old gender;; female, she/
her
species;; human role;; herbalist, makes heal
ing remedies and tonics for whomever buys them

orientation;; straight love interest;; none partn
er;;
none offspring;; dreams of having a horde o
f children
kin;; gone traits;; warm, nurturing, br
utally honest, loyal, protective, mothering, she's
not a fighter but will kill for those she holds dear

════════════════
══════════════════════
sera was born to normal parents in a normal little village not far fro
m the kingdom, but her life was not at all normal. at the age of only
five, her father was killed and her mother was badly hurt by raiders.
it was touch and go for many weeks, but her mother survived. thoug
h, her heart and mind did not. sera was left to fend for herself until
the age of twelve when her mother simply left. she was never heard
of again. sera grew reclusive after her mother's disappearance and li
ved just outside of the village alone. she taught herself how to hunt
and gather edible plants and berries as well as which plats can heal
and which can kill. at the age of twenty, sera left the area and move
d to the kingdom where she now lives on the outskirts of town. many
call her a witch for her herbal concoctions. due to living in the fores
t, sera has seen many oddly suspicious things, such as folks disappea
ring into the trees only to reemerge bloody. she's close to the truth.

══════════════════════
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: from the woods > d & f > o & a

Postby azhefa. » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:15 am

relations
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:16 am

@scarlet & everyone that's a really good question and something i only just started thinking about when i got near the end of typing up tarner's post. i think the option that is most conducive to keeping people interacting and the role play moving is that the wolves have a telepathic bond, both in and out of wolf form, but maybe we could put a really short distance limit on it when one or both parties to a conversation is in human form, so they're not completely all knowing?

would that be okay with everyone? or does anyone else have any other thoughts or ideas on the matter?

@azhefa seraphina is accepted! i'm very excited to see what she brings to the role play, so thank you for joining! i'll hopefully get her added to the front page tonight, but for now you're free to post whenever you're ready c:
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarlet_benoit » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:02 am

@zhelaniye & @everyone, I think that's smart. A distance limit is also good because it still allows for the element of surprise. I'm assuming they can't constantly hear each other's thoughts, but that they have to consciously choose to speak telepathically?
I wonder if it would be more interesting for them to have a way to shut each other out of their minds (like ending the conversation so they can't hear any more of what others are saying), or to make it so they can't shut each other out unless they return to their human form and get far enough away (could allow them to annoy each other/be more insistent).
Also, is there no distance limit when they're wolves?

(Sorry, that was a lot of questions and I'm not expecting you to answer all of them. More broadly meant for everyone to help brainstorm.)
scarlet_benoit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:21 pm

scarlet & everyone there's no need for apologies, scarlet! i, for one, am very grateful for the suggestions and the opportunity to brainstorm, because i really should have thought this out and posted something on the lore of the pack of fordaemdur myself when i originally made the role play, but i clearly did not. oops!

i think giving them some ability to control their ability to communicate telepathically would help to preserve some of the dramatic irony that comes from communication between characters that don't know exactly what the other is thinking, so i think that would be my preference in terms of how much/often they can hear each others' thoughts!

as for the distance limit on the telepathy when they're wolves, i guess it would make sense for there to be a limit eventually, but i was thinking that it would also make sense for them to be able to communicate telepathically over a pretty significant distance for hunting purposes.

how do you guys feel about that?
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:27 pm

zhelaniye wrote:
    scarlet & everyone there's no need for apologies, scarlet! i, for one, am very grateful for the suggestions and the opportunity to brainstorm, because i really should have thought this out and posted something on the lore of the pack of fordaemdur myself when i originally made the role play, but i clearly did not. oops!

i think giving them some ability to control their ability to communicate telepathically would help to preserve some of the dramatic irony that comes from communication between characters that don't know exactly what the other is thinking, so i think that would be my preference in terms of how much/often they can hear each others' thoughts!

as for the distance limit on the telepathy when they're wolves, i guess it would make sense for there to be a limit eventually, but i was thinking that it would also make sense for them to be able to communicate telepathically over a pretty significant distance for hunting purposes.

how do you guys feel about that?

that all sounds good to me!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarlet_benoit » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 pm

@zhelaniye, that all makes sense and sounds good!
scarlet_benoit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 am

Hi, sorry for the delay in posting. I've been without power for a good majority of the past two weeks, but since it's back on I'll work on getting a reply up today or tomorrow.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarlet_benoit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:29 am

@written in stardust, no problem! You can't help that your power is out. I hope you're alright and that things get back to normal for you soon. :)
scarlet_benoit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 pm

@written in stardust & scarlet yes, take your time written, and i hope that you are doing alright too <3 just so you are both aware though, i'm going to hold off on posting for tarner again until written has had a chance to reply!

@axelandria & everyone my apologies for my inactivity here recently; i am currently in the process of moving, so my mind has been elsewhere, to be completely honest. i hope to be back to posting a little more regularly next weekend, because i should be settled in my new place by then!
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me