Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Threa

Postby WitchHazel » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 am

^^ Accepted!
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:23 am

(Hhhhhhh so sorry for not being active! School is almost over, so I should be more active tomorrow afternoon! May I have a recap for then?)
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Wed May 24, 2017 9:44 am

L U C I F E R wrote:
[Hi, I'm new, could someone catch me up on what is happening so I can join in accordingly. Please and thank you - Lucifer.]

moondust405 wrote:(Hhhhhhh so sorry for not being active! School is almost over, so I should be more active tomorrow afternoon! May I have a recap for then?)

Welcome Lucifer and welcome back Moon!

Everyone's on the train and it's about to leave for Hogwarts.
Your characters can join in wherever; Killian is in a compartment with Aurora and is hoping Minty will join them, whereas Sydney is sitting with Lena Goldheart. I think Gigi, Nathan, and Emilia are sitting alone. Lena Breaker is with Charles, and Mei is interacting with Melody.
Let me know if I forgot anything; it's been a while since school has been getting in the way.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am

Recap sounded good to me! The teachers are all at the school, I think.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:40 am

Thanks! I'll post right away
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Sat May 27, 2017 4:45 am

Mark, sounds fun!
Image fox | they/them | adult | film major
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Doe & The Fox ((WIP))

Postby Nawratus » Sat May 27, 2017 4:46 pm

General Information
Full name: Doe Remmington
Nicknames (if any): Dee, or just plain Doe
Birthday: April 1st
Sexuality: Bisexual
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): Pureblood

Appearance
Height: 5'3"
Build: Skinny, but curvy
Skin Type: Pale, almost as white as snow itself
Hair Colour and Style: Pure redhead, short/bob
Eye Shape and Colour: Almond (a bit bugsy), Hazel - brown
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): Shares an identical birthmark with her twin - it's just a blob, but some people say it looks like a willow tree.

Digging Deeper
Personality:
Likes: Silence, positive people, being in the library, Fall.
Dislikes: Crowds, arrogant suck ups, spiders.
Fears: Being alone, losing her family, dying alone, never being heard, being so quiet that she becomes invisible.
History:

Personal Relationships
Parents: Sondra Remmington (Mother), Cesius Remmington (Father),
Siblings (if any):
Friends:
Enemies:
Crush/Significant Other:
Pets:

School Information
House:
Year:
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.):
Favourite Class:
Least Favourite Class:

Magic Information
Wand Appearance:
Wand Wood:
Wand Core:
Wand Flexibility:
Wand Length:
Patronus:
Boggart:

Other:

General Information
Full name:
Nicknames (if any):
Birthday:
Sexuality:
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.):

Appearance
Height:
Build:
Skin Type:
Hair Colour and Style:
Eye Shape and Colour:
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any):

Digging Deeper
Personality:
Fears:
History:

Personal Relationships
Parents:
Siblings (if any):
Friends:
Enemies:
Crush/Significant Other:
Pets:

School Information
House:
Year:
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.):
Favourite Class:
Least Favourite Class:

Magic Information
Wand Appearance:
Wand Wood:
Wand Core:
Wand Flexibility:
Wand Length:
Patronus:
Boggart:

Other:
Nawratus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcine.Reid » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:48 pm

General Information
Full name: Alcine Emery Reid
Nicknames (if any): Alcee
Birthday: August 24th
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): Pureblood

Appearance
Height: 5'6"
Build: Slim and athletic, much stronger than she appears (perfect for being a beater on the quidditch team), curvy in all the right places
Skin Type: Caucasian, pale to the point of looking vampiric, a spattering of freckles across the bridge of her slim Roman nose
Hair Colour and Style: Dark brown, nearly black, curly hair that cascades down her back. Mostly worn down, but during potions and quidditch she'll wear it in a messy bun or a partial pony-tail
Eye Shape and Colour: Round and parallel; a brown-gold
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): the mark of Merlin on her right hip. He is one of the most famous Slytherins of all time
Other: Loves wearing lipstick. Her lips a medium pink when uncovered with an ample lower lip that protrudes slightly, framed by her smooth jaw and hollowed cheeks. She seldom wears much other make up. Always wears combat boots and hoop earrings. Has five piercings in her left ear and four in her right, but no where else. Wears the same necklace with her initials on it each day. Wears three gold rings upon her fingers: on her left ring finger, a ring with her family's crest; on her left middle finger, a ruby, her family's stone; and on her right little finger, the ring of her grandfather, a famous speaker of parseltongue from who she inherited the gift. Her eyebrows arched perfectly; when stressed she will pluck them to perfection. One will always find Alcee in black, most often a dress with socks pulled to her knees and boots clicking as she strides through the castle. If not for her boots, one would never hear her coming. With a quiet stride, it seemed almost as though she floats. Always with a chill about her, you'll never see her without a cloak fastened tightly around her shoulders.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Alcee may come off as cold when first encountered; her somewhat stoic bone structure and black clothing do little to welcome others in. But once one spends time with her, they quickly realize that initial appearances may not be what they seem. With a contagious laugh and large smile, one would be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't feel better after talking to Alcee. Admittedly, she has her reservations when meeting new people; she's been burned before and will do anything to avoid letting that happen again. As a result she can be slow to let others in. But she is quick to help anyone in need even if she won't accept the help that others offer to her. This is led her to what can only be described as a calling: to work with and help people who, like her, struggle with mental health. Alcee deals with depression, anxiety, OCD, insomnia and PTSD. Those closest to her have learned how to calm her down during a panic attack and friends quickly become accustomed to the constant straightening of items and smoothing of robes, both theirs and her own. Professors often find Alcee asleep in odd corners of the castle in the middle of the night, a book still open in her lap, after she finds herself unable to sleep and therefore wanders about until absolute exhaustion finally takes over. Having been through so much herself, she is particularly understanding if any of her peers find themselves struggling.
Alcee's tough outer skin shows most when on the quidditch pitch where she is a beater for the Slytherin team. It seems that quidditch became a way for Alcee to take out her frustrations. One never wants to be on the receiving end of Alcee and a bludger hit from her bat. She rides a Comet 260, a sleek broom that she has enchanted to be the color black in order to fit in with the rest of her aesthetic.
Alcee is studious, always determined to succeed, if not for the recognition, then at least to avoid failure and losing the respect of her professors. She especially succeeds in the areas of potions, transfiguration and charms. Although admittedly, she seems to have the opposite of a green thumb when it comes to Herbology. Professor Longbottom is incredibly understanding however as he realizes that Alcee is trying and simply doesn't have a knack for working with plants.
While she is reserved when it comes to sharing her emotions and seldom asks for help, she is quite outgoing, popular among all the houses, particularly her own. Between her intimidating, albeit alluring, appearance and her loving personality, many in the school look to her as a leader, something noted by the professors when they selected her for head girl.
Alcee loves to sing. If one hears singing from the bathrooms, it's fair to assume it's Alcee. Her voice has been described like that of a siren, drawing others in and holding their constant attention. Singing makes Alcee happy even when she feels terribly unhappy.
Alcee's other secret for happiness? Socks. She thinks it's important to love the socks you wear; when Alcee wears black jeans or leggings, no one can see them, but she knows they're there and sometimes just that little spot of fun in her day is what is needed to keep her going.
Likes: Cats, books, writing and journaling, reading, singing, playing piano, snow and skiing, tea, cozy socks, black boots and clothing, quidditch, studying, helping people, planning things and events, organizing, being in charge, beautiful handwriting and fresh parchment, peanut butter, taking pictures, brushing her hair, putting on chapstick (always has at least two with her)
Dislikes: Disorganization, bits of fluff stuck to clothing (particularly her own), ignorance, conceited or egotistical people, waking up early, cooked vegetables
Fears: Being vulnerable with a person, being wrong or failing, isn't afraid of water or oceans or swimming, but is afraid of drowning (has many nightmares about drowning), losing
History: Raised in Brighton, England. Comes from a long line of purebloods. Alcee is the daughter of a powerful witch and wizard, both Slytherins during their time at Hogwarts. Her mother, in particular, is an incredibly gifted witch. Her older brother, Skandar, elder by four years, also attended Hogwarts as a Slytherin and has grown to be an incredibly powerful wizard, a member of the ministry, he works as an auror. He was a chaser during his time at Hogwarts. Skandar and Alcee are incredibly close, always having each other's backs, always by each other's side. He is perhaps the one person Alcee will always allow herself to be vulnerable with. Her father works in the ministry in the department of muggle relations, ensuring that the secret of the wizard community remains as such. He is made himself a great asset to the prime minister during his time at the ministry. Her mother is similar to what one might call a trustee in the muggle world. She is closely involved in the decisions that are made regarding Hogwarts as the family has a great deal of financial backing that they have provided over the years. Alcee is a favorite of her grandfather's as neither her mother nor her mother's siblings inherited his gift of parseltongue and she is his only grandchild to do so. A very proud Slytherin, he relishes in the fact that his gift of parseltongue speaks strongly to the family's impressive lineage going back to Salazar Slytherin himself.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Layla and Darcy Reid
Siblings (if any): Skandar
Friends: Best friend is Dreena
Enemies: Only on the quidditch pitch
Crush/Significant Other: we'll just have to see if Alcee lets anyone close enough to her for that
Pets: a black cat named Safiya, nickname being Saf. Saf follows Alcee around constantly and has been known to jump onto Alcee’s shoulders in order to nuzzle her owner’s face. Saf is incredibly protective of Alcee, eager to scratch the eyes out of anyone who upsets her owner. When Alcee is having a particularly tough day, Safiya will curl up with her and purr until she feels that Alcee’s tears have stopped and her heartrate calmed.

School Information
House: Slytherin
Year: 7th year
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): Quidditch Player, Beater, Head Girl
Favourite Class: Potions
Least Favourite Class: Arithmancy

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: Sleek and thin, with a pointed and precise tip, Alcee's wand has a thicker hilt, but as the wand thins, thorns cover the rest of the wand entirely
Wand Wood: Ebony
Wand Core: Dragon heartstring
Wand Flexibility: Stubborn
Wand Length: Eleven and three quarters
Patronus: A snow leopard. Powerful and sharp. She may fly under the radar from time to time, but when push comes to shove she will explode with potential and action. People may underestimate Alcee but once she strikes they never forget how wrong they were
Boggart: Her brother, dead.

Other: Alcee's mother Layla is incredibly gifted in occlumency and one of the few known legilimens in the wizarding world. She has been educating Alcee in occlemency since a young age and was incredibly pleased that her daughter too was a natural legilimen. While Alcee's brother Skandar is not a legilimen, he is practiced in occlumency like his sister. One is left to wonder if it is perhaps this knowledge of other's thoughts that allows her to be so helpful to them, but if it also is what has made her so afraid of being vulnerable herself.
Last edited by Alcine.Reid on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alcine.Reid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 am

Accepted! ^^

It would be good to start this up again; we've been at a bit of a lull.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adallina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 am

General Information
Full name: Aghadreena Kaelene O' Flynn
Nickname: "Dreena"
Birthday: March 4
Sexuality: Bisexual
Blood Type: Pureblood

Appearance
Height: 6 feet, one inch
Build: stork-like-- not model-like. She is relatively androgynous in appearance and could be mistaken for a pretty boy if seen in "men's" clothing and with her hair up.

Skin Type: Irish by decent, Dreena is ghostly pale with cool undertones
Hair Colour and Style: Her hair is the lightest strawberry blonde (although still more red than yellow), cut in a short and stylish wavy bob. She also has full bangs.

Eye Shape and Colour: deep-set almond parallel eyes, hazel- brown in color
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): Sleeve tattoos-- not sure of what quite yet...
Other: Her nose, cheekbones, and parts of her forehead are covered by light ginger freckles of all sizes. She also has a septum piercing (close to her nose, silver), always wears red lipstick (different shades of course), has three cartilage piercings in her right ear (all hoops), and wears silver celtic earrings (the type changes daily). Her limbs and face shape are long and gangly.
Wardrobe: High waisted everything (mostly ripped jeans), plaid scarves, button downs in solid colors or minimal patterns, wingtips or heels. In addition, of course, to her school robes.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Dreena is bitingly sarcastic and sticks to her opinions. She is not swayed easily, although this is not because she does not understand where other people are coming from. Quite to the contrary, she can empathize with almost anyone in any situation, but if she thinks that her statement is still the truth (she is very obsessed with finding "the truth" about things) she will not back down. She also uses words as a barrier, emotionally. Thus, she is often in fights and has a limited number of close friends. Around said friends, she is full of smiles and inside jokes, but around others she can seem detached. She is also quite a horrible student academically, although she is very invested in learning things-- just not, perhaps, what she is assigned in class...
Likes: Art, animals-- particularly rare and strange ones found in the FF, fashion, adventuring/ quests, her friends.
Dislikes: Dreena dislikes overbearing people, athletic clothes, social media (apart from photography), tomatoes, when people don't get her jokes, and the color orange.
Fears: She fears not living up to her own potential, what her death would do to others, and fire. Thus, she is also terrified, and utterly fascinated, by dragons.
History: Coming from a family of Slytherins, it was quite the surprise when the Hat sorted Dreena into Gryffindor. She was raised to uphold Slytherin values, and has some Slytherin traits, but is overall an adventure seeker and is very interested in people and cares greatly about even those she does not like. This is an easily unseen quality of hers because of her lashing tongue.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Sinead and Adalie O'Flynn (both Slytherins)
Siblings (if any): nope
Friends: Alcee and Killian
Enemies: Some people undoubtedly aren't her biggest fans... but no one specifically. Dreena does dislike some people, but not so far as to call them "enemies".
Crush/Significant Other: No one at the moment c:
Pets: Dreena has an illegal three headed puppy (the size of a small pony) named Beowulf "Bae", Arthur "Artie", and Landry respectively (Unlike Fluffy who only has one name). He lives in the Forest.

School Information
House: Gryff
Year: 7
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): hmmm... I'll think on this one and let you know Con c;
Favourite Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Least Favourite Class: Arithmancy

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: Dreena's wand is long and thin like a gnarly witch finger. It is covered with flecks of paint.
Wand Wood: Ash
Wand Core: Phoenix feather
Wand Flexibility: Not flexible
Wand Length: 14 inches
Patronus: Giraffe
Boggart: A dragon
Last edited by Adallina on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, I'm Lina c: I love fictional writing and reading as well as art of course!
Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde

Image Image
Adallina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me