เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Postby peachpit. » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:46 am

@queen of flames
both relos sound good!

@rae'tia
alrighty thank you! excited to see how both play out c:

@nunavik
perfect!!

@sela
i think maybe rabbitsong and swallowsight can start off as friends through his settling-into-his-role phase, where they both give each other that comfort and then he confesses his feelings for her when he has less on his plate? so sorta like a friends to lovers slowburn hehehe.

@theclockmaker
ooo sounds dramatic x3 i kinda want to roleplay it out and see what happens!
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:38 pm

First post is up! Sorry for the delay. The roleplay starts on a clouded sunrise, with a prophecy formed from a thunderstorm. Feel free to post on the main thread! I got a little carried away with Briarseed, but I'm fine with posts of any length over 4 lines. This will be a slow-moving roleplay, but please try to write at least once a week.

Even though we've started, this roleplay is still open and accepting. New players and characters are welcome!

@peach - friends-to-lovers slowburn sounds perfect!
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rey skywalker » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:48 am

Thanks, lol, happen to admit I feel really out of the loop. Does anyone wanna plot with me? :(
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:14 am

sorry for the late reply heh hopefully i'll also get my posts up today too

selasphorys wrote:@nila_
  • Briarseed & Cloudpaw - How would their mentorship dynamic be? Cloudpaw is such a sweetheart, I'm sure Briarseed would feel soothed by his innocent warmth. She recognizes how he doesn't have much family left, and I think she would see a little of herself in that. She'd try to be there for him in the only way she can, as a gentle but imperfect mentor. Cloudpaw would have become apprentice when the older medicine cat Fogfern was still alive. Briarseed struggles to be as warm, patient, and wise as Fogfern was, and she feels that she can never be a good enough mentor for Cloudpaw.

Cloudpaw is sort of bad at "reading" others, so he wouldn't recognize any of Briarseed's struggle, and would simply go on treating her sweetly and with respect, but again he isn't the best at forming true bonds. I think it's possible for Cloudpaw and Briarseed to develop a close apprentice/mentor, possibly familial-feeling, relationship as the rp develops.

peachpit. wrote:
@nila_
could goosepaw have a crush on cloudpaw? doesn't have to be mutual! i think goosepaw would adore to listen to him ramble about herbs and such. they are both such airy-headed and innocent toms, i think goosepaw would find comfort in how similar they are! always sneaking into the medicine cat's den to talk to him and bring him prey he caught himself, i think goosepaw would be enamored with cloudpaw. c:

Yes that would be so cute! It would def be unrequited from Cloudpaw's end, at least at first, and he would be totally oblivious to it. Cloudpaw would appreciate him a lot and would probably consider him the "closest" friend he has.
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:02 pm

selasphorys wrote:@nunavik
  • That's perfect, I love Spottedfeather and Hopperpaw adventuring together! He'd see her as the coolest mentor, and he might be more comfortable bouncing his more creative ideas off her. I love the concept of their relationship becoming more strained after the leader or deputy reprimands Spottedfeather. Hopperpaw would become resentful of Spottedfeather's new disciplinarian attitude, seeing her as just like his father. He'd probably act up even more in defiance.
  • And on that note... character ideas! Hopperpaw's father Laurelthorn struggles with connecting to his kits, so his idea of parenting is lecturing on the code and the ideal warrior. The senior warrior would probably get on Spottedfeather's case a lot about her mentorship style, telling her that she isn't training Hopperpaw right by being so lenient on him. But Laurelthorn lacks the authority of the clan's leadership so he's easy to brush off. Laurelthorn always wanted to be deputy and now he pushes his kits in that direction. I hope that as their family breaks apart throughout the roleplay, Hopperpaw and Laurelthorn will eventually reconcile and find home in each other. I feel that since you already have Hopperpaw's mentor, these interactions would be less meaningful if you also play his dad. But it's up to you!
  • As for Briarseed's siblings, I have three cats on the NPC list but feel free to change any names or genders. There are two warriors and one queen, but you're free to do whatever you like with your character. Briarseed was born in a large litter of six, but she only has three surviving littermates. She was always distant from them. Some of them tried to reach out to her when they were younger, but she kept withdrawing further from them until they left her behind. Family is still a sore spot for her, and she can never really see herself as part of one. Their relationship got worse after Briarpaw's failure led to their mother Cherrybloom and brother Sumacpaw's deaths. Briarseed couldn't face her siblings after that and she retreated from them completely. Perhaps as the roleplay progresses, the two siblings can forge new bonds. Or perhaps tensions will only get worse in the aftermath of disaster.

I will probably make a sibling for Briarseed! Replying to posts after a 10-hr shift has killed me for the night though so give me a few days to think of a new character idea!

@rey skywalker I would love to plot with you! Starlingflight is my only character so far who is just kinda there. Are you wanting to plot maybe some type of tense relationship? Or a close friendship of some kind?
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rey skywalker » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:34 pm

@nunavik, I would love to! A mix of both could be great, but Sykestar would def love a close friendship more than tension! Would you mind dming me your thoughts and such?
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rey skywalker » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:31 pm

would love to have two warriors who were previously sykestar's apprentices, possibly one was a terminated apprenticeship and was offered to someone else due to some issue, but one had the full apprenticehood of sykestar when she was a warrior! i think it would offer some space for relations and such, i kinda missed out a bit because school made me anxious.

mothgaze + birarseed have been selected as former apprentices to sykestar. jackalstar is her current apprentice.
Last edited by rey skywalker on Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachpit. » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:53 pm

@rey skywalker
    perhaps mothgaze could be the terminated apprentice of sykestar?
    when mothgaze was around apprentice age, her mother tried to
    get rid of her by throwing her in the river. she survived but had to
    discontinue her warrior training as she was really sick and battling
    with pnuemonia after she was rescued. she also suffered from
    severe memory loss after the incident and doesn't remember anything
    previous to it, as well as just overall has a bad memory now. she did not
    get her warrior name until around a moon or two ago.
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:00 pm

I love everyone's posts so far! I'll try to get my next post up today or tomorrow.

@Rae - I was reading Amberpaw's post and I realized I completely forgot about Coyoteleap's burial ceremony. Thanks for reminding me! I'm going to say that FallsClan buries their dead immediately rather than holding an overnight vigil, since their territory is so damp and dangerous. Instead, mourners often go to the falls to watch the mist rise up and join Silverpelt in the sky. They are usually accompanied by a responsible friend who will watch for danger while the mourner loses themself in reflection. The fog and roar of the falls would envelop them for a time, and some swear they feel the departed's presence in the mist. If you'd like, Amberpaw could go there to deal with his grief. Maybe Perchwood (@Queen of flames) could accompany him and they could bond through the journey. It's up to you though, they could also go on patrols instead!

@Nunavik - fantastic! I can't wait to see your new character. Take your time and get some rest, that sounds like a lot.

@nila_ - that's beautiful, I would love that for them. Cloudpaw would resemble Fogfern greatly--- they're both fluffy white cats with a patient heart. That would make his appointment as medicine cat apprentice especially significant and painful for Briarseed, given that he took her place after her death. Briarseed would see Fogfern in him and struggle to look past that. This may make it especially hard for her to connect with him, but I hope they can grow together in time.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rey skywalker » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:01 pm

peachpit. wrote:
    @rey skywalker
    perhaps mothgaze could be the terminated apprentice of sykestar?
    when mothgaze was around apprentice age, her mother tried to
    get rid of her by throwing her in the river. she survived but had to
    discontinue her warrior training as she was really sick and battling
    with pnuemonia after she was rescued. she also suffered from
    severe memory loss after the incident and doesn't remember anything
    previous to it, as well as just overall has a bad memory now. she did not
    get her warrior name until around a moon or two ago.

works for me! i really appreciate it, thank you sm <3. let me know if we can work out other cat dynamics too please <3
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me