*⋆ the valley discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

do you guys want a discord?

yes!
63%
nah, we don't need one!
38%

Total votes : 8

Re: *⋆ the valley discussion

Postby selasphorys » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:25 am

@avicularia
Both Larkfrost and Rushpaw would see Nightsong as the cat who saved them. There's no doubt that he made a major impact in their lives. Larkfrost would feel deeply indebted to him for treating her son, even when the clan was so new and herbs were so scarce. She has some limited training in medicine from her mother, but not nearly as much experience as Nightsong and Leopardpaw. She would probably show them the places her family used to gather herbs from. It is her greatest priority to make herself useful in any way she can, so she can pay for Rushpaw's treatment in her own way. I could see her being a pillar of calm in the medicine den when things get too crazy.

...And Rushpaw is the reason the medicine den is crazy. Especially with Leopardpaw there to talk up a storm with him! Nightsong gave him a second chance at life, after all, and Rushpaw is determined to live it! Though by doing so, he pushes himself past his limit and damages his already weak lungs. Rushpaw still relies a lot on Nightsong, finding warmth and solace in his presence. He will continue to need the occasional bit of coltsfoot and honey for his breathing.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squarshed » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:29 pm

Alrighty, my characters are (finally) finished on page 4! I may edit the personalities of Sedgewhisker and Eveningbriar a little since they don't feel very cohesive, but I really wanted to get something down so I posted them anyways lol. They would be around those lines still though, so nothing big will change with them yet :) Everyone is open for relations of any kind! I may do a bit of a more in-depth post on that tomorrow, however it is now my bedtime haha. Goodnight, and I will do a better introduction of myself and my characters later, I promise :3
squarshed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avicularia » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:10 am

@selaasphorys
Oh my goodness. The medicine cat den has turned into a party! Nightsong and Larkfrost will get along wonderfully, I think. She'll be the calm to his stormy seas, especially with Rushpaw and Leopardpaw stirring things up. He'll definitely look forward to her company and might even seek her out when things get out of hand and he's at a loss for what to do. Calm is a hard state for the medicine cat to reach, but maybe she can help him with that.

Rushpaw is going to drive Nightsong mad with his daring and adventurous self. I see him being a constant presence on the sidelines of Rushpaw's life, warning him of what not to do, and most likely taking things so far as to check in with his mentor to make sure he's not over-exerting himself and still coping well with clan cat life. He'll want to do everything in his power to make sure he stays healthy. Every time Nightsong sees Rushpaw doing something daring, he has a minor heart attack, haha.

@khloē
I think the two would get along well! He'd definitely have gotten to know her if she was burned, and they could definitely be friends. I think Nightsong would look up to her more as a motherly figure, since they have such a big difference in age. There would certainly be a mutual respect. Nightsong would certainly look up to her, as he does with all the survivors.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:56 am

@khloē i actually think it would be quite cute for morningpetal and tinyleaf to get together!! would you be okay with that? ((: and i'll go ahead and reserve that last apprentice spot for you!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squarshed » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:34 pm

Alright, I got some relationship ideas written out for my characters, I'll make sure to post in the discord about this too :) All ages of my characters are changeable if there is an issue with age when it comes to kin or romance, just ping me or dm me to work something out!

Eveningbriar - 45 moons - female - bisexual, female lean - founder warrior (brookclan)
    ↠ open for friends and potentially adopted children
    ↠ I would also like for her to maybe have a close friend that helps her come out of her shell and grow a little. She is currently friends with Lynxshadow, open for more!
    ↠ Eveningbriar is oddly maternal, so I am also open for an adopted kit or two :)

Applefall - 34 moons - female - bisexual - non-founder queen
    ↠ open for crush, friends, and potentially her ex-mate if anyone wants some real drama haha
    ↠ Would love for maybe a slow-burn of some sort with her! A friends to lovers type of situation, and maybe they could help her raise her kits :)
    ↠ Speaking of kits, she will have about 2-3 in roughly 3 weeks! They are open to play if it's okay with Lacke
    ↠ If you don’t want a romantic situation that’s totally cool, I would still like her to have a friend or two! Someone to visit her in the nursery so she doesn’t go crazy haha.
    ↠ She used to be a barn cat before she willingly left, so if anyone wants their character to have known her from the barn that is great with me!

Sedgewhisker - 26 moons - male - bisexual - non-founder warrior
    ↠ open for crush and friends!
    ↠ He’s an angsty boy, but maybe one good friend would work with him :)
    ↠ also open for a slow-burn of some sort, either someone with a hard-head that pushes him out of his comfort zone or someone a little calmer to help him out :)
    ↠ I’m a bit at a loss with this guy so if you have any ideas at all let me know!

edit; I am going to add some now established relations for my characters here, let me know if I missed anything!

Eveningbriar ↠ she is the aunt of Batblaze! ↠ she is friends with Lynxshadow! ↠ she is a mentor to Stormpaw! ↠ she will have a romantic relationship with Myrtleleap!

Applefall ↠ she is/will be friends with Larkfrost and Tinyleaf! ↠ she is friendly with Leopardpaw!

Sedgewhisker ↠ he has a brother-sister relationship with Leopardpaw!
Last edited by squarshed on Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
squarshed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:43 pm

@ΗγαςιητΗ
Would it be possible for Eveningbriar to be Batblaze's aunt? I think that her gentle, level-headed presence would do wonders for Batblaze. Eveningbriar might be the only cat who could cool the fires inside her before they consume her. With Eveningbriar's help, Batblaze might finally be able to make peace with her new situation. She may slowly start seeing Eveningbriar as a mother figure. They could be from the same clan or different clans, whatever works best for your cat's history. But if they do turn out to be kin from different clans, I'd wonder if this realization could finally shake Eveningbriar's eternal calm. What are your thoughts?

Larkfrost would empathize a lot with Applefall's situation since her kits also have an absent father. I could see her quietly coming to the nursery to check on her now and then, always arriving with fresh prey for the queens. It's a kind of release for her, to try to ensure that Applefall has the warmest and happiest time as a mother, since Larkfrost could never have that herself. Though I'd think that stubborn Applefall may not appreciate her constant requests to help. Maybe these two quieter cats could slowly become friends?

@khloē
i'd love for your apprentice to be friends with Rushpaw! Can't wait to learn more about them.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squarshed » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:03 pm

@selasphorys That would work great for Eveningbriar! I was actually going to reach out to you about that lol. I think it would be very interesting for them to be from different clans, I think Eveningbriar would be shocked to learn she had family in another clan, and would cause some sort of small "crisis" (for the lack of a better term) where she now grieves what she never had a chance to know. I could also very easily seeing her taking Batblaze under her wing, maybe even before the truth came to light. I think she would sympathize with her fiery temper and the grief she's going through; especially because Eveningbriar hasn't always been the most laid-back gal herself lol. I have yet to right her history out, so let me know if there is anything you'd like to have added in there! Would they be finding this out during the rp, or after the fire, before/at the beginning of the rp?

I would love for Larkfrost and Applefall to become pals! She would be a little reluctant to receive help, and may even try to get Larkfrost to eat instead haha, but I think she'd finally succumb to her kindness, and eventually settle with coercing Larkfrost to join her for a meal instead lol. I can see them caving in and talking about what their life before the clan was like, and Applefall unintentionally bombarding Larkfrost with questions about motherhood. I think Larkfrost's calmer demeanor rubbing off on Applefall, making her come to terms with her new life and start to be more appreciative :)

Overall I think both of these ideas are great! I will edit Eveningbriar's kin slot on her form now, and am excited to see this play out!

Also i'm rough-drafting discord responses rn I promise :3 (incase anyone sees this before that lol)
squarshed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunfool » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:31 pm

@ΗγαςιητΗ quietfoot also was a barn cat so the two could definitely recognize each other / be aware of one another!! she's rather reserved and lacks experience interacting with cats, so i'm unsure they would be close. if anything quietfoot could start to kind of hang around the nursery because she finds comforts with being around a cat she at least recognizes and knows lived a similar life to her. it would also be nice to see applefall kind of be a motherly/sisterly figure in quietfoot's eyes since she lacked that when she was younger? let me know what you think!!
she/they, student, pixel artist, snoopy enjoyer
i'm always open to chat :) i also have pets in an adoptable group if you want some freebies
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 am

i have completely updated the front (i believe i added everyone, added traditions, etc!) but please let me know if i missed anything.

in the mean time, i think i will start drafting the first post! i plan for it to be ravenstar getting his nine lives and coming back to the camp, where he will name his deputy etc etc. how does that sound to everyone? (:
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 am

@ΗγαςιητΗ
Fantastic, that all sounds perfect! If Eveningbriar was from BrookClan, everything should work. I was trying to think up a way for them to find out they are related, since the secret should have died with fire. Maybe one of Eveningbriar's relatives told her at a deathbed confession, sometime in the aftermath of the fire? I hope this doesn't change her backstory too much, so let me know if that doesn't work. I was thinking that maybe her father or brother had a secret family in RowanClan, one that he abandoned to keep up a pretense of loyalty to BrookClan. Batblaze would either be this cat's granddaughter or daughter, and would thus be either quarter or half BrookClan. This would totally mess with her perspective once she finds out! Batblaze's mother would have been aware of the codebreaking in either case. She held a lot of resentment for BrookClan because of it, and so she taught her daughter to be overzealous about clan boundaries and loyalties. Batblaze won't know about this when the rp starts, but maybe Eveningbriar does?

I love how Applefall reminds Larkfrost to take care of herself. They will be good for helping each other heal. So excited to see their friendship grow over the roleplay. Larkfrost doesn't trust herself to offer advice about motherhood, but I think Applefall will help her slowly build confidence both in herself and in her clanmates. Larkfrost will keep delaying the time she leaves the clan--- first until after the kits are born, then until after they're apprenticed, until maybe she'll give in and stay.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me