» Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: » Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // discussion

Postby Λlpha » Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 am

Just making sure that everyone knows which swords are which.

Broad sword - wielded with one hand. Mostly used for slashing attacks. Compared to the other swords, it is reasonably short.
Long sword - wielded with two hands. Mostly used for chopping attacks. It is one of the longest swords, as its name suggests.
Bastard sword - can be wielded with both one or two hands. This means that it can perform a variation of different attacks. Its length is somewhere between that of a long sword and a broad sword.

Just posting because I wanted to make sure that everyone is happy with the sword/fighting style they chose for their character.
⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤ (( 𝒊𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒇 ))l ⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

brings hell's rain ll⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤lll 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙉 𝙄'𝘿 𝙏𝙍𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙈𝙔 𝙏𝙊𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒𝙎

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤ll ↪ ' [ ❝ 𝐅𝐎𝐑 ❞ ]- ↩ ⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

↪↪Image

just one yesterday - fall out boy
Λlpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 200765 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Do you all think I should open up the female soldier role for reservation now?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 pm

I suppose you should pm the people and ask them if they'd like to keep reserving first. Sometimes people forget.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 200765 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:58 pm

@Xiabrine : Thanks! I hadn't thought about that and will do it now. c:
        x
        x
        x
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
it's a wip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CorvusSchnee » Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 pm

While I myself have no preference for my character's relationships, anyone who hasn't talked to me yet is free to shoot me their ideas. Also, Bran's love interest is open. That one alone is something I would need to start planning out long before it begins to even become romance.
CorvusSchnee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kublai - female warrior two

Postby Pandle » Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

There is no easy way from the earth to the stars

> petty theft > superiority complex > illiterate > naive
      > says she's twenty-two (she doesn't actually know)
      > goes simply as 'kub'

A cold detachment, an absence of femininity, a violent impulse. When the opportunity to transform herself into a solider arose, Kublai's motives were anything but selfless. To abandon a future in which she held no control, to forgo the duties of a woman, and instead pursue a life of her own making could not even lay claim to the motivation. Instead, it was the dizzying drive to escape the endless fatigue of her own relatives. Confined to poverty, Kublai's home was nothing more than a shared straw bed. Her brothers, worming, wiggling, loud little things, were her greatest source of irritation. The second source was her father, whose competence she had once admired, and since come to envy. To pretend to be a man would be no great struggle for a woman who was never one - surely? Devoid of all source of femininity, necessity obstructed any pursuit of womanhood. But necessity soon became an active decision, and though the death of her mother during childbirth posited Kublai as a natural alternative for her new twin brothers, neither Kublai nor their father exercised such action.

But whilst physical labour and the exhausting routine of petty theft that has composed her life to date may seem no great loss, to shed an identity and adopt a mask can pose more than a little suffocating. As her father once advised; 'the key to a great disguise, is truth,' and whilst that held true for the pursuit of general crime from which their family sewed some form of existence, a steely heart and mistrustful nature are not so easily given to prolonged performances of truth. Her greatest vulnerability has always been an inflated sense of self, an egotistical phenomenon that spiralled wildly out of control from a lifetime devoid of friendship or societal engagement. On the outer rungs of society, life has only ever consisted of squaller. There have never been friends, not even associates. Just tools, utilised as needed, then discarded. It exposes a vanity, naivety, and entrenched stupidity prolific amongst her household. Indeed, the only reason she knew of the recruitment drive, was because upon the theft of a chicken leg from a hawker, she heard the gossip rummaging like wildfire amongst the crowds. If her greatest fallacy is her ineptitude with people, then her redemption has always been guaranteed by a primal hunger to survive. Messy, tactless, desperate; characterising every aspect of her mannerisms, what better desire is there for a future soldier? If nothing else, a fruitless sense of pride and a canny resourcefulness can always be counted upon to cause a riot.

// Sorry for not posting a form sooner and stalling the roleplay. A thousand thanks for waiting c:
    Please let me know if i should change/add anything to the form. Super excited to write with you all
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relations will go here

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Wed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Women in Disguise

Jessica "Jasper" Parker
Macey "Mace" Maddox
Bella "Eric" Everwind
Kublai "Male" Last

Men in Army

Vaxas Tavrinth
Matthias Faulk
Brannon Ó Conghaile
Elias Thorne

Last edited by crazy-in-wonderland on Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 200765 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

@Pandle : Kublai is accepted!

If everyone is ready, I will get the first post up either today or tomorrow! We will start off when the new recruits are leaving home and heading to the camp. The trainers will already be in camp, possibly having a meeting (it's up to you guys so feel free to discuss it), or will be just arriving at camp. After everyone arrives, they'll gather in the clearing of the camp to hear instructions and whatever the commander and trainers need to tell them. Then they should set up their tents, and the role play will continue from there!

Does that sound good to all of you?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 200765 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 pm

The first post is up and the role play has started!

Please remember to disable signatures in the main role play thread, and to keep font sizes 75-85. Thanks!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Thu May 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Great! ^u^
I posted as well. It's a bit long, but that's what happens when I have too much time to prepare. :,)
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me