The Not-So-Deserted Fairground (Discussion & Forms)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: The Not-So-Deserted Fairground (Discussion & Forms)

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Full Name: Gerald Kroll
Nickname (if any): Gerald
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Sexuality: Straight
Species: Human
Appearance: Gerald is 5'6", has medium length brown hair and has quite a muscular figure. Both of his arms, his left leg and the left side of his face have burn marks on them, and his skin is quite rough to feel and is darkish white in colour. His eyes are grey, and he tends to wear a firefighting uniform most of the time he's outside. He always carries a walkie-talkie on his person in case he's ever needed for an emergency, and he has his hat attached to his belt for when he doesn't need/want to wear it.

Personality: Gerald hates fire. Like, he REALLY hates fire. He hates fire so much that he'll do his best to avoid using it, and when putting them out he'll do it with a passion. He also hates criminals, especially the ones that burn things down. There was one incident where he found someone carrying around a large case of Molotov's and he tackled them to the ground and prevented what was supposedly going to be a massive arson attack. When he's not around people he hates, he likes to tell stories of the many times he saved people from burning buildings. He loves eating candyfloss and most types of sweets, but he hates liquorice.

Short Bio: Gerald grew up in quite a rough town - it was ripe with crime and arson attacks were common. One day while he was off school, he got the news that apparently a group of criminals had set the place alight, burning it to the ground over several hours. There were no emergency services available in the town, and these things were common, so his parents decided that they'd move out of there as soon as they could. For years, his memories of the town had faded, however near the end of his time in school, he realised that he needed to pick a career to go into. He remembered all the news stories about the destructive fires, and decided that he wanted to save people from them. So, he decided to become a fire, and on his many missions, he got burned multiple times on his arms, left leg and the side of his face, however despite the pain he would still get right back to working whenever he could. Gerald is also interested in stories about necromancy, and thinks about how cool it would be to bring people back to life. After hearing that a group of people left to go find some mysterious fairground, he dug deeper into the story and found that apparently they had never returned, which has made him curious enough to want to go there.

Other:
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lynn72391 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:53 am

ok i offically give up on pictures I'm so confused first search for picture sites at have free to use images on them then they don't work I'm so confused. i suck at art and describing how a character looks without a picture in front of me unless its an anime character and I cannot draw worth a dang and then I don't have any way to pay for art so Im out of ideas for how to do pictures
Lynn72391

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 am

Lynn72391 wrote:ok i offically give up on pictures I'm so confused first search for picture sites at have free to use images on them then they don't work I'm so confused. i suck at art and describing how a character looks without a picture in front of me unless its an anime character and I cannot draw worth a dang and then I don't have any way to pay for art so Im out of ideas for how to do pictures

Maybe reading the guide could help you out? I use dollmakers (especially from picrew)
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AssassinPerson » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 am

I would like to just say, ah…
Yeah, the guide that Javitaxy linked is definitely a good thing to look at, first of all. Picrew is good to look through, since there are so many different options for dollmakers available on it. You’d just have to link to the dollmaker you used, as is stated in the linked guide.

I would definitely also avoid stock photos at all cost, especially the ones from like Shutterstock that have the watermark plastered all over it. First of all, the pictures don’t look good. Second of all, copyright still affects these stock photos, if it isn’t mentioned in the guide then maybe you should avoid using it.
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lynn72391 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:32 pm

how do you guys get dollmakers to work most of the ones I find are on deviantart and don't work because flash no longer is in existance.
Lynn72391

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:11 pm

I guess I'mgoing to pass on this to then.)
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AssassinPerson » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:05 am

Hey, Lynn. There is this amazing website, that two of us have named already, called Picrew, that has Dollmakers that don’t use Flash and that are free. It is mainly in Japanese, but you don’t need to understand the language to use it.
When you pick one (click on it), press the pink button to start, and when you finish the green tick box on the left lets you save it.
I do not speak Japanese, my phone doesn’t translate websites, but I can still use the website very freely on mobile. Maybe you should actually have a look :)
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:04 am

^ Yes, Picrew seems like a great option if you can't find anything else! There's no rush, take your time finding something you like.

We just need one more human character, then we can start the roleplay, sorry it's taken so long!
Additionally, let's figure out how the human characters know one another (even if it's only vaguely/through the visit to the Fairground)! Would you guys prefer to do that in thread or over PM?
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:28 am

I'm fine with both, but I'd prefer to discuss it in thread. I dunno about the rest
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lynn72391 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:35 am

on thread
Lynn72391

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me