the prophecy | discussion thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

the prophecy | discussion thread

Postby Chamrosh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:46 pm

➳name; Kliazkah "Klia" Thralt
    ➳age; 15
    ➳gender; Female
    ➳sexuality; Pansexual
    ➳crush; NA / tbd
    ➳race; Goblin
    ➳role; Scout
    ➳side; Dosan

➳hair; Long and flowing; it's surprisingly well tended from the expectations typically put on goblins, and frequently is braided or has little decorations added (which can range from actually nice things like flowers or seashells to weird or gross things like keeping the flowers in until they rot down or the bones of dead animals). There is an actual effort to keep it clean, and if this has been managed, the hair is an extremely dark tone of green, almost black, and shines into brighter tones of green, and even purple during dawn/dusk.
    ➳eyes; Vertical slit pupils in a very bright, almost fiery looking orange.
    ➳skin; A slightly olive-grey looking green that's pretty typical among goblins. Her tone is a little darker than most but that's more down to tanning than natural colour.
    ➳height; About 2 foot tall; it's hard to tell with that characteristic squat goblin way of moving.
    ➳general appearance description; I'm not even going to attempt to find a decent f2u image of a goblin online or attempt finding decent goblin lines. I can already tell there won't be any because they're not conventionally pretty.
    I'm bullet pointing this because it'll be easier if I ever get around to drawing something
    - very long, fine ears. Almost elfin, although any elf would be very offended by that
    - hoarder of anything "pretty". The definition of "pretty" is sort of loose here, but definitely includes bright colours and shiny things; unintentional pride gear is frequent via the noble art of wearing 6 layers of clothing of every bright colour/the brightest possible clothing she can find and then being surprised at being too hot
    - tattoos, but they're a collection of every bright coloured pretty thing. With magic existing, the tattoos do things like shine and sparkle and change colour in different temperatures, and there's even a little monster looking thing on one arm that's face changes to match her own emotions
    - piercings of many types and shininesses
    - the route for being subtle in an emergency is to throw a mottled green cloak over all the bright colours and hope no one spots; true subtlety needs at least twenty minutes' notice to take off all the shinies and brightly coloured clothes. No one but Klia is entirely sure what the difference is given how stealthy she can be in a cloak and a bright yellow shirt
    - skinny and very much obviously a goblin
    - little warmth gremlin
    - wears fluffy coats in October through May
    - attractive by goblin standards which means ugly by everyone else's
    - makes exactly 0 dB of sound when walking
    - very obviously goblin-y voice and somehow it's worse when attempting to hide it
    - frequently steals glasses because they're shiny and then trying them on, finding they hurt her eyes after 5 minutes and throwing them away somewhere, and being surprised why the person without their glasses is annoyed at her

➳abilities / powers;
    ➳goblin
    - extremely acute senses of hearing and sight, especially seeing things in the dark; goblins can see in almost complete darkness, and even when it's dark, can still echolocate with intense precision
    - seems to be immune to any and all negative effects caused by eating or inhaling anything; it's a combination of a ridiculously potent immune system plus goblin nests frequently being full of horrible hygiene conditions and just not being affected by awful smells anymore. The only things able to get past this are incredibly strong potions, but why would anyone capable of brewing anything of that strength not just spell-cast directly?
    - goblins have an uncanny knack for just hiding anywhere and managing to blend in. There's definitely some contortion skills going on to be able to manage this
    - surprisingly good at climbing things that look like there should be no way to climb them. This is more related to the simple biomechanics of being very small than anything else
    - silent tread
    - goblins are very good at sneaking around without being noticed, frequently reaching a point of being within someone's sight and just not being seen.
    - goblins have pretty fast reactions and while they have no hope of using those reactions to cause any damage or create any spells in combat, it is really useful as time to feint around attacks or to look for new hiding spots, etc.
    ➳personal
    - practiced in magic, but mostly of the varieties of; manipulating natural things in the immediate environment (eg manipulating pre-existing plants to grab someone nearby); things that involve disappearing and disguise work (eg using illusions to make a disguise over oneself); influencing people's minds and failing whenever it's tried due to a lack of charisma which breaks anything as soon as speaking becomes involved (eg trying to be very persuasive, and seeming to get it to work and then getting a very angry person instead). Of note, mental influence is more likely to work when it's accompanied by an illusion (eg making an illusion of something scary and then also trying to make someone more susceptible to being scared), but that aspect is still likely to fail as soon as Klia speaks about it.
    - The magic is more on the lines of being versatile than powerful; any even moderately powerful mage can undo any of her effects, as long as they know what to expect and what to focus on undoing. If you're not expecting that patch of ground to be a fall trap and have an illusion of grass over it, you're probably not going to think to undo anything until you're in the hole
    - Very much the magic practice comes from a thought process of collecting interesting things rather than learning the actual value of getting the most out of any one thing.
    - extreme sleight of hand skills
    - climbing
    - making crossbow bolts from anything of a vaguely accurate shape
    - the weapons below
    - though, of note, having practiced mostly in a forest, she's mostly really good at forest-type settings with her weaponry and somewhere very open where you have to act immediately rather than being able to ambush and aim precisely would be against her skill set somewhat
    ➳weapons;
    - a crossbow, of miniature size, with a large number of identical bolts
    - a normal-sized bread knife, used as a sword and hung like a sword in a sheathe
    - comically small throwing knives
    ➳weaknesses;
    - Being so tiny, lots of would-be easy tasks become challenges (eg pushing doors open, sitting in normal chairs, climbing staircases). A solution to these problems quickly becomes "let's shoot everything full of crossbow bolts until I cause enough damage to fix it"; breaking chair legs lowers them to a sensible height, shooting enough bolts at the right height gives an extra step to stand on, and if you shoot someone's door enough, they'll leave, so you don't have to go inside anymore.
    - absolutely no sense of whether something's acceptable to give to others to eat or drink due to the extreme omnivory of goblins
    - very bad at getting attention from people without suddenly springing out in front of them and is thus very prone to things like crossbow bolts going off right next to her
    - it's pretty much impossible to use normal sized weaponry which means even when a fight starts, your weapon is less effective
    - also really hard to carry around a normal amount of supplies and armour so you get hurt more
    - tiny little legs and an adaptation to just finding the first acceptable place and hiding there means having absolutely no ability to run fast for very far at all

➳personality;
    - i am physically incapable of making non-chaotic fantasy characters
    - is that object pretty or shiny? there is a strong consideration on whether or not to steal it. Sometimes there is no control over this
    - insatiable curiosity
    - everyone's bags get a look through at least three times daily, and most people are unaware of any of this curiosity (until they realise the shiniest/most colourful item is missing a week later)
    - warmth gremlin
    - absolutely no sense of the value of anything that is not edible or a child; will happily trade multiple gold pieces for a bunch of flowers and pretty rocks; the flowers smell nice and can be eaten later and the rocks are good for throwing at things, so that's obviously the better side of the deal
    - "I don't need to be carried!" [five minutes later] "I can't possibly walk this far, pick me up or I shall die-"
    - plants are the best. animals are also the best. as are blankets, and natural seats in trees
    - really positive about the small things in life. "LOOK I FOUND A CLOVER!" "is it a 4 leaf one and special?" "no i just thought the leaves were pretty..."
    - excitement over tiny things / easily impressed by small things
    - regularly just disappears when anything scary happens/when there's something exciting other people wouldn't understand; with the latter, she assumes that she's not disappeared from anyone else's perspective and is just massively underestimating her ability to be sneaky
    - very socially incompetent as per goblin norms
    - poor food hygiene
    - if it can be chewed, it's for eating
    - if it's shiny, it's for taking
    - if it's tall, it's for climbing. Whether or not "it" is a person
    - definite gremlin habits
    - hoarding pretty things habits
    - the only reason her hair and teeth ever get cleaned is because it allows her to have a few extra shiny things with her
    - the best way to comfort a sad person is to give them things that match their interests and everyone likes pretty things, so if you ever wake up to a pile of shiny rocks / small flowers on your shoes, Klia thought you were sad and didn't know how to cheer you up in a more personal way
    - genuinely really likes children, probably because lots of children are basically growing through goblin habits themselves
    - basically becomes a fun aunt to anyone she sees as a child
    - will very happily come up with / join in with what she sees as "harmless" mischief/fun; whether or not it's really harmless can vary massively
    - wrongly thinks she's good at lying. This is very wrong.
    - these two traits can lead to shenanigans and chaos but also make her really useful for distractions
    - likes finding out how new things work and how to gain new skills
    - lacks a lot of "high society" sort of human concepts like "honour" and "heroism", as per goblin culture. You cannot eat heroism, and it's not shiny either, so why would you want it?

➳history;
    - by goblin standards, she's an adult already and has been for a few years
    - grew up in a rocky area with lots of pinnacles to climb and caves to hide in, relatively close to the centre of the continent
    - her particular area was deep in a valley with very square sides and sudden very tall rock pinnacles, with the narrow spaces between mostly being filled with thick shrubs and trees
    - was mostly outside of the war initially due to being hard to traverse and not close to much that was strategically useful for most of her childhood
    - eventually it was figured out that the rocky passes had lots of ways to get past any normal patrols by going through them, and spotting them was really hard because of all the rocks in the way, so it was a good way of getting through an otherwise difficult area of territory. The only thing really holding this route back was knowing the ways through but threatening the local goblin tribes worked pretty well for getting guides. This started before Klia was born but was initially fairly rare until the tactic was realised, and grew slowly more and more common, ramping up the tensions for the goblin tribes during Klia's childhood
    - the area slowly got more and more heavily defended as forces on both sides tried to take control of the local goblin populations
    - Klia has a lot of siblings, still a good proportion of surviving siblings, and is an aunt to a few different broods of goblin children (from elder siblings) at this point.
    - Klia's tribe happened to be at the end of the rocky area closest to the heart of Dosan (still not anywhere near the centre). They were promised training to defend themselves from intruders into their territory, and weaponry, and food, in exchange for stopping goblins who weren't friendly to Dosan passing through
    - this was a good deal to goblins
    - then it was realised that goblins could be sent back and forth throughout the pass while achieving minimal suspicion from other tribes to gather information on how many non-goblins were going through
    - it's now been several years that the goblins have essentially been turned against each other into their own civil war internally as pawns in the larger war
    - goblins were found to make great scouts elsewhere, and to adapt easily to this sort of scouting and reconaissance in entirely different environments too, and having already been involved in this conflict for so long, and wanting to get to see all the pretty things elsewhere, especially with lower fatality rates, it seemed a good deal, so Klia signed up for it.

➳other; I've had a lot to sort out so sorry this is in bullet points, hopefully I'll get around to making it into actual paragraphs before too long
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the prophecy | discussion thread

Postby Ploegy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:58 pm

accepted!

to those with reserves, i'm going to give the rest of the weekend to finish/get them up. if there are any issues please feel free to talk to me about it. i just don’t want this to die while waiting for forms to be put up
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:29 am

NAMES; Carter Jr. Chronos
GENDER; male
AGE; 21 years
WEAPONS; Daggers
RACE/ROLE; Human, king of the west, Dosan

FAMILY; Divorced parents, older brother
PERSONALITY; He is all the way a dark and mysterious character, he doesn't talk about himself anything and mostly acts very calm. Though he is some kind of sociopath, has a serious anger management problem, and violent, as for relationships he is very possessive and jealous, though he is kind of lost his interest in relationships after so many heartbreaks.
CRUSH; maybe open¨
SEXUALITY: A-sexual
HISTORY; He is from a divorced family, his mother left when he was six years old and lived with his father few years after that. Though he never really had a good relationship with his father unlike his older brother had, which was like the "perfection itself" and he the failure. He got into the wrong company and got into problems after problems and soon it was enough for his father so he kicked him out of the home to live with his mother and her new husband.
ELSE; It doesn't seen in out, but he loves animals, especially dogs
Last edited by Queen of flames on Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:16 am

@guar; accepted!

@queen of flames; could you change carter's weapon? i'm not gonna be doing guns in luidia. the humans known of weapons like that since they are from that kind of time period but would not have access to them in luidia
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Craboom-047 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:58 am

➳name; [color=#8000FF]Jenna Leighton
    ➳age; 20
    ➳gender; female
    ➳sexuality; pansexual
    ➳crush; open
    ➳race; human
    ➳role; Queen of the West
    ➳side; Slanid

➳hair; dark brown
    ➳eyes; green
    ➳height; 5'6"
    ➳weight; 146 lbs
    ➳appearance; Jenna is a relatively lanky girl standing around 5'7", although she does have some muscle to her. She has shoulder length dark brown, almost black hair. She often leaves her hair as is, but from time to time she tends to pull it back. She has hazel eyes and tan-ish skin. Her complexion is a bit blotchy and she has a few scars on her arms due to an accident. She tends to wear practical, but not the most fashionable clothing.

➳abilities / powers; As of now none, but things are subject to change as things go
    ➳weapons; Jenna tends to wield a simple bow and arrow she got as a gift from a close friend. She does have a few backups if need be, mainly daggers.

➳personality; Jenna is only certain in her uncertainty about her life. She feels the need to constantly be prepared for things to change, or more accurately go wrong. She tries her best to keep a strong sense of self, knowing it is the only way she got through her life. She puts on a confident charade around people she meets, and keeps up walls until she knows she can trust that person. Her trust issues keep her from forming a whole lot of close relationships. She has a slight fear of intimacy, making her unsure about pursuing any form romantic relationship, or even more affectionate relationships. Regardless, deep down she is a lot more light hearted and fun loving, however she shields it with a more sassy and unkind exterior.

➳history; Jenna raised by a single mother, an only child after her older brother died from a genetic disorder. This tragedy caused her father to up and abandon her and her mother, not wanting to raise another kid. She grew up resenting her father due to her mother making her resentment of this very clear. Thankfully she had a decent enough childhood, with her mother having a good enough career to provide for her. She would often spend a lot of her time with an uncle and cousins, seeing as her mother did not always have time to watch after her. Her cousins were the closest she had to siblings growing up. As she got older, she and her mother seemed to grow apart, especially since her mother began dating again. Jenna last saw her mother when the two had an argument over her mother's new relationship before she moved away to start her own life.

➳other; not the last one
[/color]
Craboom-047

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:49 am

accepted!
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:17 am

okay i’m gonna work on a starting post today! we will be starting after the humans have arrived in luidia. they don’t have to show up with the others in the kingdom they are assigned but they do need to be in their assigned kingdom.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:51 am

Just wondering, will it be okay to add further characters once we've started if we notice we have a gap in the characters (eg a missing human person, no one who knows the overall geography, etc)
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 am

of course! characters can be added at any point. i may even add more characters that are from luidia as we go along. i just feel we have enough of a base to get started at the moment
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:24 pm

alright! sorry for taking so long i had a busy day but i got a starter up for charlie. i will post for my other two once others have been posted for so they might be able to tag them

on another note, given i haven't heard word from the reserves on the high queen and the king of the north, i will be opening those roles. again if anyone is interested in a second human, i will allow it
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me