เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:34 am

If you can or want, Yarrowpaw, 7 moons are open for siblings sisters, and brothers.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:45 am

@rey skywalker
Can't wait to see your Sykestar post!! I plan to write for Briarseed and Rumblespout after you post.

@Echoflame17
Your first post was beautiful. Feel free to make an apprentice!
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echoflame17 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:41 pm

Queen of flames wrote:
If you can or want, Yarrowpaw, 7 moons are open for siblings sisters, and brothers.

do you have a preference on personality? Iโ€™ll probably make a tom as I like to be sort of equal aha with my characters. If you donโ€™t have a preference Iโ€™ll just make a little boi
Echoflame17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:48 pm

Welcome to all the new players! Feel free to ask if you have any questions or want to build relations for your characters.

@Echoflame17
Since you're making a brother for Yarrowpaw, I wanted to ask if he'd be interested in joining a trio of troublemakers? Yarrowpaw, Hopperpaw, and Goosepaw get into all sorts of shenanigans together. How would your apprentice fit into that dynamic? Would he make their little group a happy quartet? Or would he feel left out?

-----

Major Announcements!

1) Mistback and Dapplepaw's roleplayer hasn't logged into Chicken Smoothie since October last year, so I have made the decision to kill off these characters. Mistback will die of her injuries soon after everyone returns from the mudslide. Dapplepaw will die in the mudslide. I feel bad about killing them but I can't keep the story going with Mistback in a coma forever. It's possible to keep Dapplepaw as an NPC but I wouldn't want Wildfleck to be stuck with an NPC apprentice. If you have any strong opinions about this, let me know what I should do with Mistback and Dapplepaw.

2) Regarding the mudslide, I've come to realize that we have a lot of cats heading to that area to rescue Wildfleck's patrol. I'm starting to get a little worried about coordination and pacing since we have so many roleplayers writing together there. Here is a rough outline of the situation so we can get a better picture of everything:

For the mudslide we have:
  • Wildfleck, Ghostrunner, Gorgefang, Russetnose, and Lemmingpaw escaping the worst of it.
  • Stormpaw, Patchpaw, and Dapplepaw buried under layers of mud and debris.

For the mudslide rescue patrols, we have:
  • Rabbitsong, Swallowsight, Starlingflight, and Kyanitepaw running over from the far north.
  • Firefly, Aspencurrent, and Northpaw running over from the north.
  • Perchwood arriving from the south.
  • Sykestar, Briarseed, and Ripplestream running up from the far south.

This will be 11 roleplayers potentially interacting with each other for the rescue effort. Previously I have had an "anything goes" outlook with the roleplay, letting things unfold organically as they happen. This sometimes led to patrols getting split up across time and space, roleplayers getting confused on where their cats should be, and plans changing suddenly. Do you guys want to make a pre-set plan for how the mudslide rescue effort will unfold? For example, which apprentice will be rescued by which cat, or what each cat will be doing to help with the rescue. This would avoid a lot of the chaos/confusion and keep cats from getting stuck in interactions with absent players. Or would you rather continue to let things happen as they go?

Please comment your thoughts about the above, and tell me if you have anything specific in mind for your character. rey skywalker has informed me that she intends to have Sykestar rescue Stormpaw, so please wait until Sykestar gets there to completely pull Stormpaw from the mud.

And let's keep patrols to around 4 cats or less in the future so there won't be too many cats in one place! Just so patrols don't get split up and interactions don't get confusing.

3) I also wanted to give you all a very rough timeline for the events of the roleplay from now until the Gathering tonight. This is in no way set in stone but it does outline some major plot points to be aware of moving forward. There's still plenty of wiggle room for you guys to come up with new ideas and side plots!

• Mudslide
      - Wildfleck's patrol is caught up in a mudslide. Stormpaw, Patchpaw, and Dapplepaw must be rescued after being buried in mud. Dapplepaw does not survive.
      - Rabbitsong's group, Firefly's group, Sykestar's group, and Perchwood rush to the mudslide area to help with the rescue.
      - Meanwhile, Mistback is taken to the medicine den in critical condition. Lightpaw oversees her care. The cats in camp discuss the current events and prepare supplies (sticks and bedding) for the mudslide survivors.
      - Meanwhile, Hopperpaw and Gullsplash fight with Falcon.
  • Aftermath of the Mudslide
      - The mudslide cats return to camp, exhausted and hurt. The medicine cats tend to the survivors.
      - Mistback succumbs to her injuries and dies. Before she passes, she gains enough lucidity to tell the medicine cats about Milktuft's death.
      - Hopperpaw and Gullsplash report to Sykestar about the rogue attack with Falcon.
      - Sykestar calls a clan meeting to speak about the disasters and say a farewell to Milktuft, Mistback, and Dapplepaw. The dead are buried immediately as per FallsClan tradition. Those close to the dead may still hold a vigil in their honor.
  • Timeskip after the Mudslide
      - There will be a timeskip until nightfall.
      - After Sykestar's clan meeting and before the Gathering, Sykestar and Briarseed privately discuss the prophecy. Sykestar takes her away from the camp, toward a special location where they can reconnect with their ancestors. Since this part of the story will not involve other characters for an extended period of time, this will be written in a 1x1 thread. It will expand on FallsClan history and future, so feel free to take a look at it once we get started!
      - Meanwhile, some cats overhear parts of the prophecy from Sykestar and Briarseed's conversation. Rumors start spreading like wildfire as cats make their own interpretations or misinterpretations of the prophecy. I will be private messaging you all with the (sometimes wildly untrue) fragment of the prophecy your cat heard, as well as a mini-story of how your cat heard it. Hopefully this leads to some fun discussion at the Gathering!
  • Gathering
      -The cats must pass by the ruined mudslide area to get to the Smoothing Stones for the Gathering. Surely, Starclan will protect them on this sacred night. Unlike at traditional Gatherings, where leaders discuss clan politics, FallsClan gatherings are for making all voices heard. Cats can speak their feelings about the prophecy, the disasters, and the clan's future.

Hope this timeline is okay with everyone! I don't want it to be too restrictive, so please give me feedback on what works and what doesn't. It's my first time running a roleplay and there's a lot more to keep track of than I thought. I just want this to be a fun experience for everyone!

4) As of now, we are no longer accepting new players. People who have previously expressed interest are still welcome to join. Current players may still make new characters. We have a very large group now and it is becoming difficult to manage everyone. Depending on how things go, I may reopen the roleplay at another time.

-----

Oof this got long! Sorry for the text wall.

Things have been hectic with my classes starting, but I plan to post sometime this weekend.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echoflame17 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:26 pm

@selasphorys, oh, I hadn't quite decided what his personality would be, so I'm certainly open to suggestions as to which one people prefer for the dynamic. i'll get a post for ripple up soon!
Echoflame17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ColonelHamster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:20 pm

@selasphorys I love the idea of us pre-planing the mudslide out! It does get pretty crazy when so much is happening with so many people. Even just planning out baseline of things go,there is still plenty of wiggle room for us to improv small things, and it helps to know what the game plan is and be able to focus on the end goal.

I also like keeping patrols down to 3-4 cats going forward.

Thanks for the update! You are doing a wonderful job at running this rp! Iโ€™m surprised itโ€™s your first one!

As a side note, I have added that Lightpaw has a crush on Kyanitepaw :)
ColonelHamster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wonpil » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:59 pm

Hi guys! im curating a post right now it should be up in a few moments!
    I'm thinking of having the mudslid really traumatize Wildfleck, with her blaming herself for Dapplepaws death and how their last conversation she wasn't too friendly. So, if someone winkwink wants to be the cat she leans on for support let me know! I also had Patchpaw wrench his shoulder and pass out from pain due to that.

I hope it's okay I kind of manipulated dapplepaws character.

Let me know what you guys think about my post! I tried to read through everyones posts since the last time I posted, so if i missed something or misplaced a character im so sorry sadkfjsd;fklj I tried hehe. Im very excited to see everyones responses <3\

if anyone needs me to make a cat for theirs for a relationship, kin, plot etc let me know! Id be more than happy to do that.
wonpil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rey skywalker » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:10 am

i have eelyes who isnt that active, id love maybe if she could help wildfleck through her trauma?
also colonel, thats gret hehe kyanitepaw is a princess lmao
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:01 pm

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been able to get my post up yet. This past week has been really busy but I'm hoping to finish my post tonight or tomorrow.

@Echoflame17
Any personality should be fine for your apprentice. Yarrowpaw is the runt of his litter, so how does your apprentice feel about his smaller brother? Is your cat competitive with Yarrowpaw?

I can tell you about the other apprentices in the trouble group so you can plan how your cat fits in the dynamic. We have Hopperpaw who sees himself as the leader of the group and is a terrible influence on everyone else. Cares nothing about authority, explores outside the territory with reckless abandon. Then there's Goosepaw, who is a goofy glutton, a natural hunter with a rule-breaking spirit. He's the heart of the group, really holds it together. Finally we have Yarrowpaw, the youngest and smallest of the bunch, who burns with a fire to prove himself. His mentor is the new deputy so it's harder for him to get away these days.

@ColonelHamster
Thanks so much for your input and kind words! Do you want Firefly to do anything specific in the mudslide rescue? It would be a good opportunity for her to interact with Starlingflight (if she still has a crush on him), and also to prove herself as a reliable cat to Sykestar. She could even reconnect with Gorgefang, who will be helping dig the apprentices out. Firefly and Aspencurrent can start by locating the clan cats and traversing the damaged area. Let me know if you would like her to help rescue any cat in particular. Maybe Patchpaw?

And I added Lightpaw's crush to the front page! Excited to see how that turns out. ^^

@wonpil
Welcome back! Loved your post so much. Your writing really captures your cats' desperation and pain. I think everything is fine with how you wrote Dapplepaw.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:58 pm

Major Announcement!

Gayyams has returned and rejoined the roleplay with the new username necrobinical!

Because of this, the plot will be altered so that Mistback and Dapplepaw will not die.
  • Mistback will eventually recover from her head injury. She can reveal Milktuft's passing in-roleplay.
  • Dapplepaw was knocked unconscious in the mudslide, but she is not dead. Though Wildfleck may still presume that her apprentice is dead, a medicine cat should be able to find a faint pulse while examining Dapplepaw.
  • Risingpaw is reinstated as a medicine cat apprentice.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me