CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby Takara » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:41 pm

^Ags will get him...eventually

That's cool, I really should go to sleep now, so that's probably my last response for a while too.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm

@Kestrel - as far as Zeus powers go, I can go grab a list of some of them if you'd like!
(also again, if she's not claimed she'd be in Cabin 11!) And seeing as she's been at camp for over 5 years, she'd probably know some relevant plot/backstory - I'll be pming that to you c:
@Kveykva - Yes! The last one I was involved with was over two years ago asdfghkjg
I got nostalgic and wanted to start one up again; especially seeing as I have more time on my hands now with the state of the world and all

Juliet's just... lazy, and prefers to be setting up elaborate pranks than sharpening her weapons lol. She doesn't necessarily have the attention span required to hone a blade, and would be more than happy to bribe someone else to keep her dagger in shape.
Mira, on the other hand, is much more prepared - she likes to keep her weapons honed in case of emergency. Not to mention how relaxing the repetitive motion can be!
(Off the top of my head, my whetstone is a bonded abrasive, and uses water to lubricate - it's got the standard coarse grit on one side, fine grit on the other c: I don't recall the exact grit numbers; they're listed on the wooden case and it's currently still packed from moving back from uni! It's a hand-me-down from my father, so it's been pretty heavily used - he also taught me how to use it in the first place, years ago lol. I also have an old leather strop somewhere; been a while since I've needed to sharpen any blades save the kitchen ones. The only blade I usually keep honed for use (apart from my throwing knives; those bad boys gotta stay nice n sharp) is one of my smaller hunting knives - I don't hunt anymore; I'm vegetarian now, but use it for self-defence seeing as it's rather intimidating and fits in my hand pretty much perfectly. I've taken a few courses in bladed self-defence in case I would ever need to use it, but it's really only a last resort. Carrying it makes me feel safer though! c:)
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:46 pm

WitchHazel wrote:
@Kestrel - as far as Zeus powers go, I can go grab a list of some of them if you'd like!
(also again, if she's not claimed she'd be in Cabin 11!) And seeing as she's been at camp for over 5 years, she'd probably know some relevant plot/backstory - I'll be pming that to you c:
@Kveykva - Yes! The last one I was involved with was over two years ago asdfghkjg
I got nostalgic and wanted to start one up again; especially seeing as I have more time on my hands now with the state of the world and all

Juliet's just... lazy, and prefers to be setting up elaborate pranks than sharpening her weapons lol. She doesn't necessarily have the attention span required to hone a blade, and would be more than happy to bribe someone else to keep her dagger in shape.
Mira, on the other hand, is much more prepared - she likes to keep her weapons honed in case of emergency. Not to mention how relaxing the repetitive motion can be!
(Off the top of my head, my whetstone is a bonded abrasive, and uses water to lubricate - it's got the standard coarse grit on one side, fine grit on the other c: I don't recall the exact grit numbers; they're listed on the wooden case and it's currently still packed from moving back from uni! It's a hand-me-down from my father, so it's been pretty heavily used - he also taught me how to use it in the first place, years ago lol. I also have an old leather strop somewhere; been a while since I've needed to sharpen any blades save the kitchen ones. The only blade I usually keep honed for use (apart from my throwing knives; those bad boys gotta stay nice n sharp) is one of my smaller hunting knives - I don't hunt anymore; I'm vegetarian now, but use it for self-defence seeing as it's rather intimidating and fits in my hand pretty much perfectly. I've taken a few courses in bladed self-defence in case I would ever need to use it, but it's really only a last resort. Carrying it makes me feel safer though! c:)

Ok thanks Hazel. Dang I forgot to put her that she’s claimed, 😅
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 pm

I’m gonna use this for posting to make it easier on me.
Code: Select all
 Valkeri "Val" Stone|| apollo|| female|| tags:

Words

Laurel "Lu" Dane|| Zeus|| female|| tags:

Words

Roxanne “rox” snow|| Hades|| female|| tags:

Words
Last edited by KestrelTheFirecat on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Is anyone open for Laurel? And sorry for the three posts in a row. 😅
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:53 pm

I was planning to just snag one of my old demigod characters for this but
oh god they are in severe need of a revamp. so we'll see if I have a form up tonight or not
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:56 pm

If anyone is open Laurel is at the stables with bolt and thunder her stallions
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 pm

@Kestrel there's a subplot going on atm about it snowing/being freezing cold in June. This may play into your interactions
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Oh ok sorry I’m completely oblivious 😅
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:55 pm

I was talking to Takara earlier about who to use for the quest - and while I don't think either of my current characters would work;
What about a daughter of Hermes - Hunter?
Maybe she gets blown in off course / sent by Artemis to figure out what's going on and help the camp contain the situation.

@Kestrel - I would suggest going back a few pages to get an idea of what's going on. There's a couple campers already at the stable dealing with some things - makes it a bit awkward that your character just swirls in like no big deal.
...and (I might be wrong) but the horses/pegasi aren't owned at camp. There's definitely favorites! Ophelia has hers and Poppy has hers :)

OutFoxed | Fox | She/her | Hey You (whatever works)
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me