Sanctuary (Wild Horse RP) - Discussion V.2

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Should we move to a Version Three?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 am

1. Yes
72%
2. No
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: Sanctuary (Wild Horse RP) - Discussion V.2

Postby eventer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

@night, just use crappy phone photos like I did.

@scar yes, 14"2 is very small. Northern dancer was about the same height and he's related to him

These are my thoroughbreds, (left to right, tallest to shortest)
Shiloh - 16"2 and rising, 5 rising 6 yo thoroughbred gelding
Show and is eagleburra shiloh (eagleburra is my place name) bay, 3 stockings, blaze

Flame - 16"1, 6 rising 7 yo thoroughbred gelding (currently injured...) chestnut, 4 stocking blaze
Show name is haylcon Firedance

Wilson - 14"2 10 rising 11 yo thoroughbred gelding, bag (he's clipped hence the kiwi fruit colour)
Show name is eagleburra castaway
They are three of eight of my horses c:

This is Shiloh

And my warmblood (retired from competition due to injury) Jackson, in the back is the little Arabian (Mia) need to break in.

My mum is a professional photographer... so I have millions of beautiful photos of them, I'm not posting any of them... so these are all crappy phone photos to avoid people stealing... and besides, now you guys have seen them, if you see them anywhere else not posted by me, you can message me so I can report them cx

eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evixtus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm

ahh now you've made me want to put my horses up, stitch
evixtus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaffeinatedLlama » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

T.T I want a horse so bad

Ahh stitch so much fluffy cuteness XDDDDD
CaffeinatedLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Eight horses?!
I'd love to have the money to care for eight, you're lucky!
They're all beautiful, I especially like Shiloh with his marking. :)

My pic for Pepper is of my horse Pepper lol. Isn't her best shot, she kind of stood real awkwardly and I'm not a professional at all and I really need to take a better one sometime but that's what I have for now. ^^
Then this is a pic - click- of my 75% Friesian, Hera (have fun guessing the other part, I tell you it's kind of a 'huh, why?' cross), a little of Blessing and just a peek of Pepper. Pepper is 6, Hera is 2.6 years, and Blessing will be turning 19 next April. :)

My next post will probably be up tomorrow and @evixtus, I'll probably have Xantara come into heat and approach Haskell next spring if that's alright? ^^ I just don't want her to have a foal so close to winter. You should also totally share your horses, you can pm me, I love seeing other people's pets! :)
Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evixtus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Neyteri, Shadow, and Nala

You all got me started, so now look at my babies.

@Scarlit;; yes, that's fine with me (:
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: rule-breaking content removed
evixtus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Aww Precious!
I wish I had some good photos of my babs

hey! im drift
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
they/them
adult
headrush#8198
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
' TH . HR . BI
xxxxxxxxxx©
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

suzycu's Characters

Postby suzycu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Garnet

Garnet was six when she entered the sanctuary.

Time of Birth: Late Spring | May

Breed: American Saddle-bred x Tennessee Walker

Offspring:

None

Family:

Agate: Twin Sister | Together

Herd Status:

Partnered with Agate.

>It has been decided that she will be joining Asmund, bitterly. <

>Willing to accept other mares/foals into the partnership she and Agate have currently<

Height: 16.3 hh

Genotype:

Ee/Aa/nT

Phenotype:

Blood Bay Tobiano

Because of her white markings, any foals sired by another marked horse might be lost due to toxic white.

Markings:

>Tobiano markings<

>Four socks/stockings<

Personality:

Adaptable | Competitive | Stubborn | Fiery | Cold | Intelligent |Dominating | Focused | Aggressive |Authoritarian

Garnet, being the goal driven and competitive mare she is, reaches all goals she sets for herself. Not once in her young life has something failed for her, which can lead her to be cocky and impulsive. She has survived well since the disappearance, excelling within her own 'herd'. She adapts to nearly all situations thrown at her, proving to be an intelligent and focused leader. Despite these many positives, Garnet has her many faults. Emotionally, she is best described as cold and stubborn. The only other horse she ever cared for is Agate, who some could say she depends on to survive. When in a leading situation, Garnet is a force to be reckoned with. Dominant, fiery, rule-driven, and aggressive, she takes great pride in keeping everyone safe (and in line).

Positives
Neutral
Negatives

Healthy, youthful
Leader-type Personality
Dependent on Agate

Intelligent
Fiery
Stubborn

Adaptable
Focused

Asocial

How They Have Changed Over Time

After spending a winter with only Agate, Garnet has begun to be more caring. Her dominant and leader-type personality has begun to soften, but still shows itself in the way she instinctual takes control of situations. Agate is no longer her singular support system. As of now, spring of her second year in the valley, she still does not like nor trust stallions. Although, Garnet has definitely opened herself up more to the idea of other mares.

History:

Born a beautiful accident, Garnet lived a relatively nice life. Both of her parents were well bred show horses, with admirable pedigrees. Her father was not meant to be her sire, but let's just say that he was very good at jumping fences. Always admired for her lovely color and gaits, life was never hard for her.

Foal

After a rather tragic birth, in which her sister and her survived only because their mother died during their birth. She was hand-reared by their owners, but doesn't remember much else about her young life.It is assumed that this is period in which she became the cold, distrustful mare she is today. This is also when her deep fear of abandonment and attachment issues started.

Before the Disappearance

Because of their crossbred ancestry, Garnet could not be shown in the high-class shows her parents participated in. She was still trained in their disciplines, quickly picking up their beautiful paces. She was sold to a riding school with her twin once she reached four, and spent the rest of her life there. Garnet formed no true bonds with anyone other than her sister.

Now

Before the Sanctuary:
Along with the majority of the horses within the school, Garnet was lucky enough to have been out in a pasture when everyone left. She has stayed close to home until now. As the few remaining horses living around the stables aged (as it was mainly elderly mares and lonesome geldings that chose to stay). Garnet decided it was past time to move onto greener pastures,
and thus decided to take charge in finding a new home for the pair.
First Fall-Spring in the Sanctuary:
After running into Kasikoi and Cheyenne during the fall storms, Garnet wintered with Agate in mountains. They came down to enjoy the grasses of spring, and subsequently ran into Flame. Garnet, although trusting of the new mare, did not instantly bond with her.
Now, they have just been found by Asmund.

Assorted Backstory

Garnet developed a distaste for wild stallions and lead mares due in part to a mare from her past, Tera. Explained in detail here This is also where Wild Fire comes in.

Agate

Agate was six when she entered the sanctuary.

Time of Birth: Late Spring | May

Breed: American Saddle-bred x Tennessee Walker

Offspring:

None

Family:

Garnet: Twin Sister | Together

Herd Status:

Partnered with Garnet.

>Is not seeking a herd<

>Has a hidden desire to find a nice, young stallion with small harem and settle down with them<

>Has formed a friendship with Flame.<

>Wants a foal of her own. It has always been a dream of hers. Would likely be happy to be covered and leave, with or without the permission of the stud.<

Height: 15 hh

Genotype:

Ee/Aa/nT

Phenotype:

Blood Bay Tobiano

Because of her white markings, any foals sired by another marked horse might be lost due to toxic white.

Markings:

>Tobiano markings<

>Four socks/stockings<

>Small snip<

Personality:

Caring | Blunt| Happy | Submissive | Motherly | Emotional | Naive | Cooperative | Opportunistic | Faithful | Romantic |

Agate is the variety of emotional that NO ONE can ignore. Whether it be happiness, calm, anger, jealously, or anything else,
you know that she is feeling it. Saying this, she is honest and blunt. While being cooperative and submissive, she knows what she wants and won't hate herself for letting you know what that is. She's maternal, and faithful. All foals are welcome around her,
and she will likely join in on their games. Her nativity can be her downfall, as it has gotten her used in the past. She is an opportunist, in many ways. Ranging from bumping someone else out of her way to eat the best grasses, to possibly even abandoning a sickly stallion for another is she feels that the situation helps her in no way emotionally or physically.

Positives
Neutral
Negatives

Caring
Romantic
Naive

Maternal
Happy
Emotional

Cooperative
Blunt

Faithful

She hasn't changed much.

History:

Born a beautiful accident, Agate lived a relatively nice life. Both of her parents were well bred show horses, with admirable pedigrees. Her father was not meant to be her sire, but let's just say that he was very good at jumping fences. Always admired for her lovely color and gaits, life was never hard for her.

Foal

After a rather tragic birth, in which her sister and her survived only because their mother died during their birth. She was hand-reared by their owners, but doesn't remember much else about her young life.It is assumed that this is period in which she began learning to care for others, and become easily attached.

Before the Disappearance

Because of their crossbred ancestry, Agate could not be shown in the high-class shows her parents participated in. She was still trained in their disciplines, quickly picking up their beautiful paces. She was sold to a riding school with her twin once she reached four, and spent the rest of her life there. Unlike Garnet, Agate thoroughly enjoy the stables. She made friends of all species, loved her various activities, and looked forward to the day she retired to their sunny pastures to raise foals for the next generation of students to ride.

Now

Before the Sanctuary:
Along with the majority of the horses within the school, Agate was lucky enough to have been out in a pasture when everyone left. She has stayed close to home until now. As the few remaining horses living around the stables aged (as it was mainly elderly mares and lonesome geldings that chose to stay)After lightly pressuring Garnet to lead them somewhere away from the sad, abandoned stables, she left with her.
First Fall-Spring Living in the Sanctuary:
Agate and Garnet encountered Kasikoi and Cheyenne during the fall storms, and she followed her twin into the mountains to winter. She was lonely during this time, but quickly found that was quite happy to settle into a role reminiscent of a calm herd mare. After some prodding to her sibling, they both left for the valley. This is where she met Flame, and instantly liked the other mare. Since then, Agate has found that she considers Flame a friend.

Assorted Backstory

Agate's friendship and what she learned from Tera explained in detail here. This is also where Wild Fire comes in.

Water Lily

Nickname: Lily

Lily was ten when she entered the valley.

Time of Birth: Spring |April

Breed: Mountain Pleasure Horse

Offspring:

None feature in RP

Five in her past, which she mentions from time to time:
1. Colt | Unmentioned
2. Colt | Unmentioned
3. Filly | Marabelle; tall, liver chestnut, Lily met her first foal.
4. Unmentioned
5. Colt | Blue-Jay; Weanling when she left, blue roan,

Family:

None featured in RP

She has some that she has mention:
Mother: Strawberry Shortcake| Shortcake; strawberry roan, extremely sweet and sentimental
Father: Downcast Weather | Castor; true-black, unemotional, but kind
Full-sister: Unknown; light bay
Half-sister: Unknown; fiery
Full-sibling: Unknown; Shortcake was in foal when Lily left

Herd Status:

None

>Hoping to join Soldier<

Height: 15 hh

PGenotype::

EE/aa/nR

Phenotype::

Roan on Black (Blue roan)

Markings:

>Tiny star<

>Coronet (Sock below fetlock) on one back hoof<

Personality:

Calm | Adventurous | Understanding | Cautious| Sociable | Witty |Conformist|

Lily is a genuinely happy mare. With an odd love for water and ALL fruits, you could say that she can be quirky. She is quick to go along with others, and will hold her opinion in when she fears controversy. A dull life would drain her, as this blue coated mare longs for the chance to have fun and make friends! She's cautious when faced with natural challenges, but trusting with other animals. Situations that could easily terrify a younger horse do not phase her, as she stays calm and level-headed throughout.
Lily is smart, and sassy, which leaves her with a weird ability to come up with many remarks and jokes.

Positives
Neutral
Negatives

Calm
Sassy\ sarcastic
Conformist

Smart
Understanding
Too trusting

Caring
Somewhat cautious

Friendly

Adventureous

Lily has become less of a conformist, and enjoys expressing her opinion on occasion. She has learned that she hates to be lonely, and now has a deep fear of being alone.

History:

Lily was a valued addition to a breeding program. After lightly competing in simple in-hand competitions as a foal and young mare, she was quickly placed into a recovery program. She has birthed five foals, each a pure and beautiful addition to a breed with numbers lower than their fellow 'mountain' horses.

Foal

Her life was easy. She remembers that her mother was a glamorous strawberry roan, and her father a handsome black. They all belonged to a breeding farm, so Lily was weaned at a relatively young age. She later spent small amounts of time with her family as they all continued their lives on the ranch.

Before the Disappearance

Living as a brood mare was a quiet, simple existence. She spent time with her foals, spoke with friends, and went on the occasional trail ride. The day of the disappearance was noticeable. Instead of the usual hustle-bustle of her home, everything was dead quiet. Being one of the few mares non pregnant, with a foal, or too old to fight her way out of her pasture,
Lily was the first horse to jump her paddock and investigate. Finding the place empty and horses having been stuck for two days,
she set to work helping to free her friends and family. This is where she spent most of her next two years, even foaling again while living there.

Now

Before the Sanctuary:
Eventually, boredom set in. With a chance to roam free and no one to stop her, Lily left her home. The large estate in eastern Kentucky was long behind her when she came upon this valley.
First Fall-Spring:
Lily came into the sanctuary just as fall changed to winter. She spent her winter alone, and often times afraid and hungry. As spring began to show its head, she found Soldier. At first she was not sure what to think of him, but found herself liking him very quickly.
Lily feels that they have bonded over losing family. Now, she is hoping to join his herd.

Assorted Backstory

Detailed explanation of when she left

Grace of a Wild Fire

Nickname: Wildfire

Wildfire was a year and a half when he entered the valley.

Time of Birth: Summer| July

Breed: Warmblood x Mustang

Injuries:

Sprained fetlock | First Spring | Healed First Summer

Offspring:

None

Family:

None featured in RP

Mentioned:
Mother: Tera; A kind but naive mare, was friends with the twins, died.
Father: Copper; chestnut, nice-turned-mean mustang

Herd Status:

None

>Very young<

>Will be joining the bachelor band<

Height: 16 hh

Will reach 17.2 when fully developed.

Genotype:

ee/Aa/ff

Phenotype:

Flaxen Chestnut

Markings:

>Average socks on back legs<

>Blaze<

Personality:

Charming | Foolish | Alert | Non-competitive | Confident | Boisterous | Leaderly | Humorous| Kind

When you're around Wildfire, you can't help but smile. Whether it be his energy, his charm, or his jokes, he will make you love him! Although a charming and confident young colt, Wildfire has an almost you-can't-touch-me attitude that easily shows his immaturity. Lacking a competitive nature, Wildfire isn't one to start fights. His tendencies to go a bit too far in jokes, or be rowdy for fun will get him in trouble though. He'll always attempt to talk his way out of bad situations, usually bordering on running when challenged.But, saying this, he isn't cowardly. When faced with tough situations or outcomes, this lively chestnut is a brave soul.

Positives
Neutral
Negatives

Charming
Alert
Foolish

Confident
Humourous
Non-competive

Leaderly
Energetic
Boisterous

brave

Coming in during the beginning of spring, Wildfire was naive and young. In the span of a few months, he began to change. He became less trusting, and gained a small fear of abandonment. Already, this colt has begun to grow wiser.

History:

After being born on, living on, and enjoying the farm that both he, and Agate and Garnet, came from, Wild Fire decided to leave. Now, a very young horse who has never interacted with a human, he is setting on an adventure to gain experience and find friends.

Foal

Seeing as Wildfire is under two years, he is still called a 'foal'. Come next June, he will start life as a full-fledged stallion!
Wildfire was born to an older mare, and has never met his father. For the first year of his life, he was cherished and adored by a multitude of horses roaming his home, and loved it. He was particularly of Garnet and Agate, as they would play with him. When they left, he was sad but otherwise didn't care much. Then, his mother fell deeply ill. The sixteen year old Tera had not had a good winter, trying to raise a foal by herself for the first time, and this had caught up with her. When she succumbed to the sickness,
Wildfire decided that it was his time to leave. As a viable almost-stallion, a harem of mares looks lovely in his future.

Before the Disappearance

Wild Fire did not exist before the disappearance.

Now

Before the Sanctuary:
It wasn't hard for him to decide to try and follow the twins. Only a short time after they arrived in the valley, a season and a half after them the duo, he will come in. While his first hope was to find them and either join them or possibly even start a herd with them, he will quickly forget this idea as the hardships of winter bring him into reality.
During his first Spring in the Sanctuary:
He ran into a very kind draft horse, the first he had ever seen, not long after coming here. Her name was Rhett, and in thanks to her he now challenges himself to be the best he can. They only spent a short time together. A bachelor came seeking her, and Wildfire ran. Having already felt abandoned by the twins and his mother, the forced separation from his new friend hurt him even more. As he ran to get away from the powerful draft stud, he tripped and hurt himself. Wildfire has just been spotted by the beginnings of the bachelor band.

Assorted Backstory

The story of his mother and father is told here.

Asteria

Asteria was seven when she entered the valley.

Time of Birth: Early Spring |March

Breed: Chincoteague Pony

Offspring:

None

Family:

None

Herd Status:

Seeking

>Would do well in any status<

>Hoping to join Daydream<

Height: 13.2 hh

Genotype:

ee/Ata/nCr

Phenotype:

Chocolate Palomino

Markings:

>Large blaze<

>RB cornet<

Personality:

Assertive | Playful | Thoughtful | Maternal | Peaceful | Timid | Forgetful |

Asteria is an amusing mare. She likes to jokes around and be silly, and will genuinely want to be around horses that enjoy laughing. She is thoughtful, always noticing what goes on around her, and even the changes in the way other horses act. This makes her prone to over analyzing. In situations that require her to speak to new horses or decide on things that will affect others,
she can be timid. While I say this, Asteria is also very assertive. No one gets away with being mean to her or anyone else, and she doesn't like arrogance. She can much more easily take control in situations she is prepared for, and that involve familiar equines.
One of her main passions is the idea of foals. She fondly remembers how it felt to be a wild filly on her island, and longs to see a foal of her own enjoy the wild life.

Positives
Neutral
Negatives

Maternal
Assertive
Forgetful

Thoughtful
Wild
Timid

Fun
Playful
Needy

Hasn't changed.

History:

Originally born on the Virginia side of the Assateague, Asteria spent little time on the island. She had almost reached a year of age when they rounded up her herd for the penning. She was sold to a private owner who wanted a small horse for their family. She spent a little over two years with the family, resulting in very little time under saddle. You could say that she never lost her wild streak.

Foal

Life on the island was bland. She followed her mother closely, and had only just began to grow independent of her.

Before the Disappearance

Asteria didn't find fault with her tame life. They fed her well, cared for her. The children loved combing her mane and tail, which was nice. They all called her Star, so she would accept being referred to as that again. Otherwise, she doesn't care much about that time.

Now

Before the Sanctuary:
Her family had been in Virginia, so Asteria has spent the time since the disappearance wandering. She has only found fellow horses in minute numbers, and only one other pony. She is becoming desperate to meet a fellow pony, and to live the life she has always felt she should have. Asteria longs deeply for a stallion, mare-friends, and her own bundle of foals. This is her main focus.
First Spring in the Sanctuary:
After spending a short time alone, watching the herds of larger horses roam about, Asteria finally finds what she is searching for.
Daydream is the answer to her dreams as far as she is concerned, and she already plans to join him and Annie.

Assorted Backstory

x
Last edited by suzycu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
suzycu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 pm

@suzycu

Accepted! ^^
Very pretty girls you got there. :)
Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suzycu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Yay! Thank you! I would love to reserve some names for any foals that might pop up :)
Ruby
Onyx
Diamond
Quartz
Jade
Mica
Opal
Obsidian
Horses are my special interest and I have been working since I joined to collect them all. Can you help me? Currently at 960/~1900

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
suzycu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me