What have we become?! (Discussion Thread)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

What should the fate of this RP be?

Work with it and continue where we are. :3
8%
Remake it into new RP with same/similar plot :3
33%
Remake into new RP with a different plot :3
58%
Other ideas (Feel free to PM me) :3
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: What have we become?! (Discussion Thread)

Postby MoonlitWolf2022 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:19 am

I think a change of pace following the same lines, ish, would work better! Although it is fun, the rp doesn't seem to have a destined quest or finale, so there is nothing to work towards, in my opinion.

For example, once I have Yoongi, Jungkook, Namjoon and Taehyung reunited with the her BTS members, I have no idea what to do next. Maybe as an idea is that they have to find someone in order to return to normal?
MoonlitWolf2022

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxes81_of_Anime » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:30 am

In my opinion, it would be interesting if it was made into a new RP with a completely new plot.
For example, I have one RP I was in where they got trapped in a tower, and the only way to go was up to where they could hopefully find a way to get out, but that was set for a long-term RP, and I don't know the way you want it to go.

Or just have them traveling through worlds to try and find someone, and slowly getting to know each other along the way.

Personally, the animal thing is sorta hard for me to write too, but that's my personal opinion.
The first RP I referenced was called The Only Way to Go Is Up, and the second is Evrensel.
"I want to become a prince just like the ones in shoujo manga...!"

"Good morning! I hope today will be a good day too!"

"Ha! Today is the release day of a new volume...!"

"Do you read any manga? I can give you some good recommendations!"

"The next volume of my favorite series is on sale today!"

"I hope I'll become a prince one day"... "There, that'll do it. Wait, did I say that out loud?!"

"Yay! I love sweets! Thank you for the chocolate!"

Foxes81_of_Anime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:35 am

TropicalPumpkin wrote:Hi everyone! Didn't mean to disappear for a week, ahhhhh! :what:

To clarify and be completely upfront and honest, I'm thinking about remaking this RP with a fresh start due to the fact that I feel I wasn't clear enough about my intentions for this RP and didn't think about adding in mythical animals until the RP had already began which is totally on me as the person whose supposed to be running this RP... :oops:

Another option is to keep going as is and work with what we got. I did go ahead and make a poll so people are free to vote if they want to. :3

If we do decide to continue on, I'll be sure to update the front page to more clearly state and allow Mythical Creatures AND, in addition, if people wish to change up their characters to be mythical creatures because they think that would be more fitting for them, thats totally fine!! :thumbup:

Ah, I voted wrong...I meant to pick one of the remake options. Sorry.

I honestly think we should keep the plot, but if you can come up with a new plot that would be fine to.

Moonlit: yeah, it would be nice to have something to work towards. The other thing is relations...if they did end up going back to their own worlds, if anyone ended up romantically involved they'd be split apart...but anyway.

Foxes:
It was nice having this plot because people could play animals as humans/humanoid.
Of course, we don't need animals, unless it's a pet or service animal but then they'd be NPC. Also, characters like Amaterasu can have humanoid form.
I'd be fine with something like them traveling around and getting to know each other. Tropic actually already has two RPs like that.
The one is based in a fandom but some of us have characters not from that fandom. The other one is people getting on a ship and they're going to go to like...a resort of sorts. I'm not actually entirely sure what it is, a resort of what, but that one is being remade too.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortune's Fool » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:41 am

I definitely think a fresh start would be nice! I picked the option for 'different plot' but I think what I'd actually want is rather than like. An entirely different plot, just more of a direction? Things can get tricky when there's no one who knows what to actually do, I think. Just an active goal to work towards instead of everyone milling around not knowing whats going on or what to do about it.
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:43 am

i might jump back in if it gets remade, like a soft reset, though i don't know if i'd join if it was a completely different rp - but that's just myself. imo the characters being turned into animals was what made it more interesting, as it's a pretty unique concept, though as it is there's not much of a defined 'plot', so i could offer the idea of remaking it with the same core concept but adding more plot elements that could help keep the rp moving: some sort of goal, mystery, or a defined threat that creates more tension.

edit: i made this before i read fortune's post and they basically said the same thing i was thinking lol
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortune's Fool » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:54 am

Yeah it looks like Bigwig and I were thinking along similar lines, lol. I definitely want the 'turned into animal' part kept intact. As they said, it was unique and the main draw to this rp over others after all! It would be a shame to drop that altogether.
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:52 pm

Lol, and animals get turned human/humanoid, but anyway.

That's what drew me to it too, and the thought they would obviously be trying to figure out what's going on. That's honestly the goal, to figure out what's going on and why. If anyone was worried that there seemed to be nothing to work towards, I believe that's the goal. Meet up with others and try to figure out what's happening.

Queen I think posted actually a good thought: maybe humans got changed to animals and animals to humans so they might learn to better understand each other. Something like that, something like that is what one of her characters suggested might be the reason.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tropicalpeacock » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:32 am

Hi everyone! Sorry it took me a bit to get back to everyone! I'm here now though and ready to get the show on the road lol :thumbup:

It feels like the general census is to defintley keep the "Turned into animal part and vice versa plot" in tact with the remake as long as that works with everyone here that is. I totally agree that there needs to be more of a goal and something to work toward with in the RP and would be more than happy to incorporate that as well! In addition, I LOVE the idea of incorporating the human to animal and/or animal to human concept as a way of them better understanding each other. That's brilliant and props to Queen for that idea and direction lol

As stated previously before, I do have ASTRAL ESTATES Open for new and old members alike so, if anyone wanted to join that, please feel free! :3 Although, that one got remade by Kyokokirigiri so keep that in mind as well :thumbup:

In addition, the other one I have is called TROUBLE AFOOT! which was originally an Invader Zim based RP but is now multi-fandom and the ships are JUST preparing for take off. Sorry to self advertise, just trying to point people in a direction they may enjoy.

Of course, never any pressure or obligation, just some options and a friendly invitation to all! <333

How about this idea moving forward: A remake of this RP with the plot ideas discussed here included, the option of characters becoming Mythical Creatures as well and a limited but allowed number of neko or anthropomorphic or characters of that nature included as well.

That sound good so far? Sorry for such a long post, just trying to get everyones input into consideration and everything lol :3
Last edited by Tropicalpeacock on Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quick PSA! Hi. I'm back and ready to RP and please note that, though my replies may sometimes be slow, I'm always here if people need anything. <3 I only request a bit of patience with me and my replies as things offsite become busier. Thank you all for understanding and please stay safe and take care of yourselves! <3

Tropicalpeacock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlitWolf2022 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:31 pm

Anythinf works for me, so long as I get to keep my animal BTS members
MoonlitWolf2022

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:41 pm

XD hi tropic

Yeah, definitely want to keep the original plot, or add it to a new plot maybe.

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
(Love that RP)

Also love this RP, so I recommend checking both out, everyone.

:mrgreen:

I'm good with that. Animal people, Kitsune and such aren't anthros or Nekos, but would they be included within the limited number too?

I only have Marina and then maybe one or two others like that, and I want to keep their species the same. Since ill probably just use all the same characters from here.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me