Discusion Topic For JP: Island of Secrets (accepting!)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

If you could have a pet dinosaur, which would it be?

Brachiosaurus- the beloved classic herbavoir
No votes
Tyrannosaurus-the beloved classic carnivore
No votes
Mossasaurus-the hero of Jurassic World and come on. Who says no to a giant goldfish?!
No votes
Stegosaurus-the one with an awesome defense on it's back and nasty weapon on it's tail
3%
Triceratops-Dr. Grant's childhood favorite
3%
Spinosaurus-having the largest carnivore as a pet COULD be useful, plus it can swim
17%
Stygimoloch-So.Freaking.Cute!! (you know....for a reptile...)
3%
Pteranodon-2 words...free flying!
10%
Velociraptor-the real dino antagonists of the original trio of movies and have you seen baby Blue and her sisters!?
63%

Total votes : 30

Re: Discusion Topic For JP: Island of Secrets (accepting!)

Postby Osleya » Thu May 02, 2019 12:02 pm

wolfrunner wrote:Do you need a recap or are you okay with reading the rp?

didn't see this earlier but a recap would be nice
STRIKER EUREKA ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬🟃▬▬
𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘪
𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺/𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 ● 𝘱𝘢𝘯/𝘣𝘪 ● 𝘢𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘵

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬
𝗧𝗢 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦,..............

...........𝗪𝗘 𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
this month i have watched
pacific rim seven times

(they are jaegers, not transformers)

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬ GIPSY DANGER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬🟃▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🟃
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spock and Kirk » Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm

@Everyone
    I just remembered that there was something else I wanted to put in my last post:
    Work has called me in desperately for the next show that they are doing, and of course that means I am going to be pretty busy for the next week and a bit as the show gets built and even during performances as its going to throw my schedule off.
    I've also got a lot on my plate in terms of mental health and dealing with some things with an ex that have come up and I've found myself zapped of most of my writing muse.
    It will probably be a few more days before I can get a post up.
    I am so sorry in advance
Spock and Kirk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 pm

Prince of Darkness wrote:
wolfrunner wrote:Do you need a recap or are you okay with reading the rp?

didn't see this earlier but a recap would be nice

For starters your best bet I would say at jumping in would be the three girls at the resort's pool OR Cas at the compound.

~

Okay as for the recap bit....we are braking this down into parts to make this easier. We have like four different things going on at the moment. (Spock, Pitch chime in if I missed something please? A decent amount of ground to cover here.)

Scene 1
The rp starts with events occuring at the same time in two seperate locations: one at the resort and one out in Isla Sorna's forest. At the resort Dorain Hoskins, youngest son of cannon Vic Hoskins, rejoins the rest of the hotel from target practice and sees a new group of tourists arriving in the lobby for check in. One of these tourists catches his brief attention as he watches her check in, until he gets paged and heads to the control room. Here we are introduced to Maximus Threstle, a employee in the control room, and the two have a brief spat about the hybrids.
Meanwhile, the new tourist he had been watching turns out to be a eighteen year old female by the name of Skylar Truesdale(who is actually a former employee of InGen, but has no idea because she has Dissociative Amnesia surrounding her time working for InGen and her pack). Skylar checks in before crashing into a young women named Ashley, who is really a Dilophosaurus Hybrid, at the elevators. The two females have small introductory conversation with each other before agreeing to meet each other at the pool and spend some time together in a bit. They go their seperate ways...Sky to her room and Ash to buy a swim suit as she doean't have one.

Meanwhile at the same time out in Isla Sorna's forests, Caspian brings a kill (a man who was a tourist and was wondering the island) back to his pack's nesting site which is the old condemned Parenting and Breeding Center InGen abandoned years ago. As he happens to be the Alpha Male Vociraptor of the island's Pack B.) He is met by another Raptor Hy rid but this one a little girl called Miracle. The two eat and talk before Caspian challenges her to see if she is ready fo leave the nest and join the older hybrids on trips out and about on the island. Miracle fails but Cas decides to let her tag along with him on a scouting job anyway. Together they meet up with their brother River, who is a Spinosaurus Hybrid, and they leave the compound. All is peacefull at first, until the teio run into a ACU security detail sent by Maximus Threstle at Dorain's orders to search the area for any sign of the missing man who happened to be the pack's meal. The brothers deal with the ACU members but Miracle is captured, leading to a breif confrontation with Dorain himself and the male Hybrids. Miracle is take to the lab back at the resort and River and Caspian return to the nest.

Scene 2
At the park Tempest, a female Mossasaurus Hybrid, makes her introduction by wading around in one of the fountains by the Mossasurus Exhibit. It's here she runs into Ashley who has just baught a swim suit and the pair strike up a conversation.

At the Pack Nesting Site we are introduced to the pack's beta....a female Velociraptor Hybrid called Veridian. Caspian and River arrive back and the alpha explains what happened to the female, while agreeing on a plan to get their little sister back from InGen. The two ser out along with River into the forest and soon reach the outside of the lab at the resort. While trying to think of a way to get inside to get to Miracle, cannon Eli Mills appears and has a short talk with Caspian before the alpha attacks him after finding out he and Dorain love each other. Veridian, fearing for Eli's life at the male Raptor's hands, knocks the man out with a tranqulizer dart she had srolen and kelt from an ACU member   one time prior. She begs Cas to not kill Eli because he can be used to get Miracle back. Cas says he was never going to outright kill Eli and has River carry the man before leaving back to the compound on his own.

Scene 3 - currently on
At the resort Skylar has met Tempest. Now she, the female Mossasarus and female Dilophasarus are spending time together talking about what trouble they could get into around the resort.

Miracle has since woken up in a cell in the resort lab thanks to the tranqulizer wearing off. Having had a conversation with Dorain, she is now speaking with Spirit....a Dimorphodon Hybrid we have just been introduced to.
Last edited by wolfrunner on Fri May 03, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 am

@wolf I think that’s everything! I can’t recall any missing details

@spock please take your time. I’m sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time. Don’t feel obligated to get a post out, we can wait. Hope everything gets better <3
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Fri May 03, 2019 10:53 am

Good. Just wanted to be sure.

And if youre not in the right mind set take the time you need to get into it. I have been rereading the posts and honestly had no intention of it being almost if not semi literate as far as post lengths, or as dark as it kind of is. Because it sorta is or that is just me. Ive even slowed down my posting to needing at least 24 hours.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

InGen Vet || Hazel

Postby Osleya » Mon May 06, 2019 11:32 am

╔════════════════════╗
Hazel Zara
╚════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════════════╗
    name: Hazel Zara
    other names: Dr. Hazel Zara, Dr. Hazel,
    Dr. Zara (Rarely)
    species: human
    sexuality: lesbian
    faceclaim: Taylor Russell

Hazel is 5’ 5” and has a slim athletic build.
    He hair is dark brown, very curly, and is
    almost always up in a bun

crush: open
    lover: open
╚══════════════════════════════╝
    personality: Hazel is a hard worker and pushes herself very hard, but is also very sweet. She always wants to be better, but instead of pushing others down for her own gain she works with them and helps them. Often, she will even put the well being of others before her own. She has a hard time with social interaction and communication. Because she can have trouble reading social cues it can be hard to make friends. It is the opposite when it comes to animals and is quite good at reading their body language. Because she has always had a love for animals, she always dreamed of being a vet, but never thought it would be for dinosaurs. She works hard under her mom at the park even if she doesn't agree with a lot of what they have done. While she fears them, she is understanding with hybrids and feels sad about what has been done to them.

history: Hazel was born into a high, middle class, family as an only child. While her parents loved her and cared for her, they were often very busy. Her mom was a veterinarian while her dad was a psychiatrist. Before she started school her mom would often bring her with her to her work leading to her looking up to her mom and wanting to before a vet too. Unlike some people, she still loves her parents because she could tell that they were always trying hard to make up for their absence. Most of her life she went to private schools where teachers were strict and other students didn't interact much with her. Even though she never really had any friends, she always did great in school. Since her parents noticed that she struggled with reading social cues, in the hopes that it would help her make friends, the raised her to be kind and caring as a default. It has helped her to make some friends, she still struggles with social cues. Now she lives on the island with her mom, training to become a full fledged vet. Her years of experience and her mom being the chief veterinary physician for InGen, is why she was given a position there despite her age. Like her, her mom does not agree with much of what InGen does, but wants to make sure the animals are properly cared for.
    Ever since the hybrid project started she hated it, but, like with the dinosaurs, she wanted to make sure they were healthy. Occasionally, she would be sent to help out with caring for the hybrids. Even now she will care for the remaining hybrids. She tries her best to show that even though she works with InGen she isn't like the rest of them.

other: Hazel loves to draw, read and write. In her free time, she loves to go around the park to see the dinosaurs. By the end of pretty much every day she has at least has one sketch or drawing of a dinosaur. Loud and sudden sounds can often lead to her getting stressed out very quickly. She has the tendency to talk out loud to herself. She often doesn't understand figurative language, avoids eye contact, and sometimes says things that are factually true but socially inappropriate.
Last edited by Osleya on Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hazel's relations

Postby Osleya » Mon May 06, 2019 11:33 am

Zoe Zara
═══════

positive
Hazel loves and looks up to her mother. Sometimes they will get in arguments, but they normally make up soon after. When they are working Hazel keeps it very professional with her, but sometimes slips up and does something like call her mom.

Miracle
═══════

neutral
Hazel helped care for Miracle before the hybrids escaped. Because the young girl was so afraid she never got to learn anything about her.

Sky
═══════

unknown
Hazel only knows of Sky through her mother telling her about her.

Dorian
═══════

neutral
Hazel has not interacted with Dorian out of work. When she needs to care for a dinosaur in the field a person from security comes with them and a few times it has been Dorian. She doesn't know about him being a Psychopath and can't recognize when he is being manipulative.

Caspian
═══════

negative
Hazel helped care for Caspian before the hybrids escaped. She has always been afraid of the raptor because of his aggression, but she tries to hide it.

Ashley
═══════

positive
Hazel has helped care for Ashley. Since Ashley stayed, and cooperated, Hazel has continued to care for her and was allowed to talk to her more casually. She has found that she enjoys her company.

Maximus
═══════

positive
While they work in different fields Hazel really enjoy's Max's company. She not only does she like that he also doesn't agree what has been done to the hybrid, she also likes that he always seems to want to know about dinosaurs she has seen. She enjoys that Max also is nice to her since many people aren't because of her social troubles.

Tempest
═══════

neutral
Hazel helped care for Tempest before the hybrids escaped. Most of the remarks Tempest makes towards her go right over her head. She has more sympathy towards Tempest than most of the other hybrids since she was a fully aquatic before, but has been now forced to be terrestrial.

River
═══════

neutral
Hazel helped care for River before the hybrids escaped, but has not interacted with him since.

Wyatt
═══════

unknown
Hazel has never interacted with Wyatt before.

Veridian
═══════

neutral/posative
Hazel helped care for Veridian before the hybrids escaped. Before the hybrids escaped Hazel was reading about plants and botany. She noticed Veridian was interested in what she was reading. Against the rules, Hazel began to teach Veridian what she knew when ever she had to check up on her.

Spirit
═══════

positive
Hazel helps take care of the young hybrid. In her time with it she has grown fond of it and tries her best to make it comfortable.

Jasper
═══════

neutral
Hazel helped care for Jasper before the hybrids escaped. She wasn't able to form an opinion because he never talked to her accept for the occasional question.
Last edited by Osleya on Fri May 10, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.
STRIKER EUREKA ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬🟃▬▬
𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘪

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
pacific rim seven times

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬ GIPSY DANGER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬🟃▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🟃
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Mon May 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Accepted. Yeah another human!
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osleya » Wed May 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I'll get a post up within the next few days. I was going to get all relations filled out first, but I think I have enough to get my first post up
STRIKER EUREKA ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬🟃▬▬
𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘪

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
pacific rim seven times

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬ GIPSY DANGER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬🟃▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🟃
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Wed May 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Just remember that Sky is actually 110÷ Human. It's fine though if Hazel thinks she is a Hybrid, considering her little project on the island was a secret. There would be records of her but they'd be limited personal accesable unless hacked. Good ole hacking...
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me