Discusion Topic For JP: Island of Secrets (accepting!)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

If you could have a pet dinosaur, which would it be?

Brachiosaurus- the beloved classic herbavoir
No votes
Tyrannosaurus-the beloved classic carnivore
No votes
Mossasaurus-the hero of Jurassic World and come on. Who says no to a giant goldfish?!
No votes
Stegosaurus-the one with an awesome defense on it's back and nasty weapon on it's tail
3%
Triceratops-Dr. Grant's childhood favorite
3%
Spinosaurus-having the largest carnivore as a pet COULD be useful, plus it can swim
17%
Stygimoloch-So.Freaking.Cute!! (you know....for a reptile...)
3%
Pteranodon-2 words...free flying!
10%
Velociraptor-the real dino antagonists of the original trio of movies and have you seen baby Blue and her sisters!?
63%

Total votes : 30

Maximus's Relations

Postby Casperphobia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:23 am

Dorian Hoskins
neutral/negative
"I think I might be allergic to you."
Max has no idea why, but whenever Dorian is around, his heart races and his body heats up. His theory is that the heir to InGen wears something, perhaps perfume, that irritates his system. The younger male is never able to make contact with the other and would go as far to say that he is a bit scared of him. Maximus highly respects Dorian, though does not agree with his views on the animals.

Miracle
neutral/negative
"You've grown up so much! Should I be scared?"
Not being the biggest fan of raptors, Max can't say he's too beaten up about Miracle no longer being around to be taken care of. Still, he fondly remembers when she had emerged from her egg and helped Skylar take care of her, from a distance of course.

Skylar Truesdale
positive
"Can we just geek out together about how freaking cool dinosaurs are?!"
Skylar is another person Maxwell has a high respect for. He thinks that she is a well rounded person and would love to get to know her more.

Ashley
positive
"I've never met you, but I've already decided that you are amazing."
Despite never meeting the hybrid, he really wants to. He's heard so much about her and the idea of talking to an actual hybrid blows his mind. Max wishes he could do something to make her feel more at home at the park and is constantly checking in on her watchers' reports.

Caspian
negative
"Please save me from him."
Maximus has to constantly remind himself that raptors aren't bad. It's just in their DNA to attack and hunt, they're just following instinct. No matter how hard he tries, he can't bring himself to come up with an excuse for Caspian, truly thinking the hybrid is too far gone and bloodthirsty. It's obvious that he is terrified of the raptor.

Tempest
neutral/negative
"You concern me. A lot."
He really wants to believe Tempest is a good person, but he knows he can't trust her. Max hopes that she will choose a side, it would make things a lot more simple.

River
neutral/negative
”Please don’t hurt me.”
River has always scared Max, mainly because of his strength. He’s not as aggressive as Cas and that makes him hopeful.

Wyatt Hoskins
neutral/negative
”Is there something you know that you aren’t telling me?”
Wip
Last edited by Casperphobia on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"Chill, it's only chaos."

Postby Casperphobia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:01 am

Name: Tempest
Nicknames: Temp, Storm, Stormy
Species: Mosasaurus
Sexuality: Pansexual, biromantic
Dinosaur Appearance: x
Crush: N/A
Boyfriend/Girlfriend: N/A

History: Tempest had lived in a large aquarium all of her life, that is until she was transferred into a human. She found that she enjoyed the surface to, though she did still favor the water. The hybrid wasn't about to be grateful and thank the scientists though, it's just not her style. She escaped with the rest of the dinosaurs, except did not join their pack, preferring to be solo. Instead she roams around the park, occasionally visiting the escaped assets and teasing InGen by popping up on the radar to just hide again. Most of her time is spent on the island's shore or enjoying herself in the park. A favorite past time is hiding from InGen personnel. To her it's a game on whether they can catch her or not.

Personality: Storm is very independent. She doesn't appreciate being told what to do. The hybrid is mischievous, neither a foe nor friend to either the escaped assets or InGen. She is neutral, however is willing to help either side in order to gain something for herself. Tempest is loyal to no one and will stab anyone in the back given the chance. She cares about no one but herself.

Skills and Abilities: High Durability, Can hold breath for a long period of time, High endurance
Last edited by Casperphobia on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tempest's Relations

Postby Casperphobia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:01 am

Dorian Hoskins
neutral
"I know something you don't~"
Tempest doesn't have an opinion on Dorian, he isn't important in her eyes. She would be interested in helping him if he payed the right price.

Miracle
neutral
"Am I supposed to be scared of you?"
She knows that Miracle doesn't like her, but she really couldn't care less. The only interest the young hybrid holds to Tempest is that she is part of Caspian's weakness.

Skylar Truesdale
neutral
"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"
There isn't much Tempest knows about Sky, but she think that the girl could hold some use for her in the future. For now, she's a plaything.

Ashley
positive/neutral
"The things I could show you if you let me..."
Now this was someone she could get into some trouble with. Tempest sees great potential in Ashley, she could be a great use for chaos. There may be some buried feelings as well that make her want to be around the other hybrid, but she convinced herself it's that's not a reason.

Maximus Threstle
neutral
"Are you supposed to mean something to me?"
Max really isn't significant. She couldn't care less about him. Just another thing to play with.

Caspian
neutral
"I know your weakness~"
Tempest knows that Cas's family is his weakness. It's something she thinks about often and fantasizes about. She would gladly betray him given the right price. Secretly, she is jealous of him, she wants a family of her own.

River
neutral/negative
"No need to get your tail in a knot, just visiting."
It's kind of hard to get info on Cas and the pack when River is constantly on her back. She knows he doesn't trust her, pretty much no one does for smart reasons, but that doesn't stop her from continuing from getting more info.

Wyatt Hoskins
neutral
"Quote."
Last edited by Casperphobia on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Discusion Topic For JP: Island Of Secrets (accepting!)

Postby wolfrunner » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 am

Humans need last names but, add that, and they are accepted.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:40 am

Fixed ^u^ Thank you!
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:32 pm

I am so tempted to make either a male Spinosaurus or an Herbivore.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 am

Why not both? OwO
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spock and Kirk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm

@Everyone
    Relationships have been updated, feel free to Pm me if you'd like to change anything either now or in the near future.
    It should add some drama.
Spock and Kirk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 am

@wolfrunner Wait, what happened to the Spinosaurus? :0
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:37 am

fc is Vincent Keller from the series Beauty and the Beast

Form-
appearance (Dinosaur must include their current human appearance and their former Dinosaur appearance)-

Original Dinosaur Appearance -
He looked no different then a normal full grown Spinosaurus. River had a grey scale covered body with bright yellow eyes, and arms that were clawed and longer then a Tyranosaur's. On his back was a large sail-like fin that had yellow mixed with the normal grey scales, and whose top ridges were red-brown.

name -
River

Nickname -
The Persistant Beast
Riv
My Baby Boy, by Skylar Truesdale

species (Dinosaur, then please specify which species) -
Dinosaur Hybrid, Spinosaurus

age -
4 years old but has the human appearance of a 26 year old

gender -
male

occupation -
Scientific Test Subject, escaped

personality -
River has always been a bruiser, having his violent physical personality right from the moment he hatched. According to him it's both his right and duty as the largest carnivore on Isla Sorna. He is very physical liking to get his claws dirty and throw around his weight in confrontational matters. The male is relentless regardless of what kind of prey he is targeting. Willing to chase even the smallest most insignificant prey until he snares it. No matter what it may be prey is never insignificant in his eyes. He has little tolerance for displays of weakness finding them disgraceful for dinosaurs....better to go down fighting.

And yet River tends to display odd gentleness and good-natured rough teasing towards his family members at the same time. He is also, for as much of a prideful brute as he can be, it is almost all in play. Even his hunting. The truth is that the male is actually quite calm and adaptable to situations. A fact he claims comes, and quite possibly right about being the source, a combination of his amphibious nature and taking the lessons he was given being raised on Isla Sorna to heart. That or the fact that mostly hunting fish, coupled with his particular level of persistence required River to develop a high level of self discipline, calm and patience.

history -
River's egg was one of the five given to Skylar and one of the last ones to hatch in the clutch. As soon as he hatched the Spinosaurus hatchling proved he was one of the males. He often got into wrestling matches with the two other males in his family. This behavior continued as he grew, often taking on his Rex brother as his new main opponent due to physical size. Their bouts tended to get rather violent at times. He and his sister counterpart eventually ended up claiming a section of the island and overlapped it with the territories dominated by their Rex and Raptor siblings.

When InGen arrived on Isla Sorna...again..a year ago, River broke up with his family to deal with the annoying humans. It was going to be another routine chase the humans off the island. But that's not what it turned out to be. River was subdued and captured like the others. He spent some time in the lab under heavy sedation until, one day, he woke up with less teeth, finer claws no sail on his back. His capture didn't last much longer after he was given a human body though. The new Spinosaurus Hybrid broke out of the InGen Lab with his siblings. He's lived with them for the past year at the Abandoned Compound in the central western part of Isla Sorna.

skills and abilities (Dinosaurs explain your traits here and only up to three max) - Enhanced Strength, Wetland Adaptation and Enhanced Bite.

relationships -
Tempest
neutral
As a Dinosaur who navigated land and water, River has some respect for the Mosasaurus Hybrid but no more then that between to large semi-alike predators. He sees no real threat in Tempest who is now land bound and is often the one to deal with her when she pops up. It's not uncommon for him to threaten to eat the once sea dweller. At the same time he is weary of her knowing that there is no way she can ever be trusted. He gets more annoyed when she is around rather then irritated, refusing to leave her alone until she has cleared the area.

Ashley
negative
River isn't fond of Ashley at all. While normally having some basic primitive level of respect for his fellow hunters regardless of species or strength, that isn't the case with the female hybrid here. The male carnivore is openly hostile towards Ashley. He doesn't understand how or why someone on the top of the food chain would submit to a species lower on the chain then they are. Especially after InGen's experiments.

Miracle
positive
River had a bit of a rocky start with Miracle. The small Velociraptor was skittish around him for awhile, but gradually he proved he meant no harm to his new adopted younger sibling. Like the others of the family, River is very protective of the young hybrid female. Often the Raptor can be found cowering behind him using the larger carnivore as a source of immediate safety as she useually seeks shelter with him in the face of trouble.

Caspian
positive
Expecting a typical older-younger sibling relationship? Not exactly. These opposite ended brothers are as thick as theives. River, though younger, often times acts as if he were Caspian's older brother because of his more mature grounded personality. Often times the larger predator even seems to act as a bodygaurd of sorts for the pack's Alpha Male. It's the perfect most natural feeling role as the largest carnivore of the pack, and one River does pretty well at that. The Spinosaurus not hesitant to insert himself into a conflict and interupt the speedy hunter, more often then not keeping him from making a mistake in some way that could come back to bite him later. At the same time like any other younger sibling does, River likes to mess around and tease the Velociraptor Hybrid. It was not uncoomon for the male to pin the alpha under his foot or nudge him with his snout as a dinosaur. The playful attitude has survived InGen's experimentations, along with the only strengthened bond between these two male apex predators.

Though, besties or not, River knows even their playfullness and brotherly love has limitations. Despite not being the same species, or a species that follows pack protocol and habits, the Spinosaurus sees Caspian in the same way he sees his older sister. He is his Alpha Male....end of story. As such, while a playfull and teasing confidante, the semi-aquatic hunter still keeps a careful level of respect and boundries towards Cas.

Maxiumus Threstle
negative
Max is a human. Enough said, no more explanation required. Every human that has shown up on the island has been some sort of trouble according to history. There is no reason this one should or would be any different.

Dorain Hoskins
negative
River feels much the same way about Dorain as he does about Maximus.....humans mean trouble and nothing good can come of them being around. Period. There is no reason to have any positive feelings towards the young man.

Veridian
positive
Keeping with his normal nature of familial rough-housing, River teases Veridian and calls into question her interest in humans. He can't seem to fathom any of it and, at times, her in general which he claims as being the fault of the fact the beta is a female. Still despite this nothing changes the fact that Veridian is both his older sister and beta of the pack. Just like with his brother, though he isn't a Velociraptor, the male predator still finds himself both caring for and respecting. While he maybe secretly curious to see if she has a tad bit more of an aggressive side to her, River dares not to actually attempt to act on his curiosities. For the four years he has known her the Spinosaurus has seen Veridian as nothing more then one of the gentler members of the pack. And he is okay with that.

Skylar Truesdale
negative
Originally River had a good relationship with this human, her being the only one he actually liked other then in terms of a snack. She was no exception to the large predator's rough housing, though he was gentler on her due to the fact he could easily crush her. This relationship has since changed. River now blames Skylar for the pack's and island's current predicament. His thoughts mirroring much of his older brother's n this particular subject.

Wyatt Hoskins
not yet known
Never met Wyatt Hoskins. Kind of hard to form an opinion on someone you have never met.

Spirit
not yet known
River never met Spirit yet. Hard to form an impression of someone you have never met before.
Last edited by wolfrunner on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:41 am, edited 29 times in total.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me