Letters To A Liar Discussion/Forms

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Letters To A Liar Discussion/Forms

Postby tøxiclilypetals » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 pm

~Maxy~ wrote:I'm good with that.
Toxic do you want to start tonight too?

Sure, why not? ^.^
aloha! call me toxic!
absolutely hopeless, but at least im still here
i do art and stuff
my patronus is a st bernard and
my house is ravenclaw
fav pokemon is espeon!
team starkid? yes

she/her || bisexual
single pringle but too shy to mingle
11/03

discord: toxicissleeping#7875
dragon cave: Lillianissleeping
amino: send noodles
toyhouse: toxiclilypetals
tøxiclilypetals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwi<3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 pm

I posted, you guys can start :3

ᎡᏆFᎢᎬN
Kiwi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EcoLaserBuilder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi, I was considering joining. I just wanted to check I understood the backstory. So, were we created by the government or by hybrid parents (that descended from the monsters that the girl in the intro heard about in her stories)? Also, by the looks of things we are being treated nicely by the government and, although we aren't given freedom in the outside world, they generally care for our well being.

Also, is a Shadow monster an okay monster to be a hybrid of?
Image Image Image Image ImageImage
EcoLaserBuilder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwi<3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 pm

EcoLaserBuilder wrote:Hi, I was considering joining. I just wanted to check I understood the backstory. So, were we created by the government or by hybrid parents (that descended from the monsters that the girl in the intro heard about in her stories)? Also, by the looks of things we are being treated nicely by the government and, although we aren't given freedom in the outside world, they generally care for our well being.

Also, is a Shadow monster an okay monster to be a hybrid of?

Most were born via the government, but some could be the offspring of the generations of monsters, it's just your choice :3 and a shadow monster would be cool, I'm totally open minded to what you make your character as

ᎡᏆFᎢᎬN
Kiwi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EcoLaserBuilder » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:21 am

Name: Penny Saunders
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: bubbly, enthusiastic, smiley. Doesn't take things massively seriously, mainly because 'fighting' has been a sport or game up until this point. She's never had to face a real actual fight, so while she is skilled, she's somewhat overconfident and too chilled
History: wip (ideas?)
Hybrid appearance: Human form: black wraps, similar to a ninja outfit. When in 'battle' her outfit is also shrouded in intangible shadow mist, helping disguise her (in 'battle' mode, it is impossible to tell she is female, or whether she is holding something small for example.) Ordinarily looks like a normal human. Thin and flexible build, jet black hair, pale skin
Relationships: None
Crushes: open
Family: none/wip (open for siblings if anyone wants)

Species: Shadow-hybrid
Powers:
1)Shadow form: She turns her body (partially or fully) into a shadow on a surface. The shadow form cannot interact with real objects or people and must still obey gravity. It can transfer onto other adjacent surfaces, provided it can reach them. The shadow is harmed if touched with a light source of exposed to particularly bright light.
2)Shadow construct: can only produce a small amount of shadow-matter (about one cup full). Construct is viscous and sticky. Usually used to blind or bind opponent's hands or feet.
3)Pin shadow: uses a sharp weapon to pin enemy's shadow to the ground (maybe inspired by Decidueye)
Strengths: fast, good reactions, martial arts expert, skilled with non-lethal takedowns
Weaknesses: Not massively strong, sensitive to bright light, not massively effective if opponents have weapons, distance or powers themselves, personality means the Shadow powers aren't quite as intimidating as they could be

Extra: I tried to make her personality a contrast to what you would normally associate Shadow powers with (e.g. edgy and brooding). Ideally I'd like her to carry kakute and/or throwing knives into battle. The kakute are small spikes on rings that are worn on the middle finger and thumb, designed to strike pressure points on shoulder or arm.
EcoLaserBuilder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwi<3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:20 am

Accepted, I love her bio.
Not sure about her history, maybe she could be a born descendant of Lilith xD

ᎡᏆFᎢᎬN
Kiwi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tøxiclilypetals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:09 pm

This is getting interesting so far! even though none of the characters are even interacting with each other xD
aloha! call me toxic!
absolutely hopeless, but at least im still here
i do art and stuff
my patronus is a st bernard and
my house is ravenclaw
fav pokemon is espeon!
team starkid? yes

she/her || bisexual
single pringle but too shy to mingle
11/03

discord: toxicissleeping#7875
dragon cave: Lillianissleeping
amino: send noodles
toyhouse: toxiclilypetals
tøxiclilypetals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwi<3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:13 pm

ToxicFoxes101 wrote:This is getting interesting so far! even though none of the characters are even interacting with each other xD

We need to interact man! xD

ᎡᏆFᎢᎬN
Kiwi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EcoLaserBuilder » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:14 am

For backstory, I'm thinking lab made powers added using knowledge gained from studying Hrimfaxi (a shadow horse from Norse mythology) maybe ancestral connections to Nott (Norse goddess of night)

So, the training maze. What is the Beast? (ToxicFoxes made me wonder) Is it an option to dodge the beast or do you need to land a hit? If so, I think Penny's maze runs are going to be really fast. She can just turn shadow and the Beast can't touch her. Or doesn't even notice her, depending on how dark the maze is. If she does record times, she might be the fastest record, though many probably say she cheated. But hey, drama!
EcoLaserBuilder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby all_is_lxst » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Name:
Kacey
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Personality:
He is very outgoing and has a hard time waiting for something or sitting still. He likes to be constantly moving, even if it's just tapping his fingers. He hates being told no, and can act a bit childish at times with his exuberant take on almost everything.
History:
He was donated to be a test tube baby where he was given Betta fish DNA, however, when he was born, the scientists thought they had failed, sense he appeared completely normal. They kept him in the labs for several years though, and it wasn't until he was about six years old, when one of the doctors were teaching him to swim, that they discovered the betta DNA had actually worked.
Hybrid appearance:
He looks like a normal human most of the time, with light blue-grey eyes, fair skin, and black hair that is extremely curly when dry. He stands at about 5' 11" and has an average build. When he transfigures, he looks like a mythical mermaid, with a sunset colored tail and nearly invisible gills along the side of his ribs.

Relationships:
N/A
(Open)

Crushes:
N/A
(Open)

Family:
Father, Mother(deceased)
(unknown to him)

Species:
Betta Fish
Powers:
Transfiguring- what he calls shifting between his human for and mer form (named after mermaids). He can manipulate water on a small scale and change water temperatures as well.
Strengths:
Outgoing, working in/near water, working with a partner or group
Weaknesses:
Doing what he is supposed to do (sometimes), extreme heat/cold

Extra:
When in human form, a tattoo of a seashell appears on the outside of his left ankle which is the same color as his scales.

Name:
Bailey
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Personality:
While not unfriendly with others, she tends to be withdrawn and quiet, preferring to be alone than in a group. She is fairly cautious when it comes to new situations or people, but she is fiercely loyal once you get to know her. If you can offer her something she really wants, her determination will not let her stop until she has what she wanted.
History:
One of the doctors' wife had a child and a fellow doctor convinced her father that she should be used for the experiments. Knowing her mother wouldn't agree to this, the two doctors faked her death shortly after birth and she was taken to the lab to be given lynx DNA. Her mother still believes her dead, and her father no longer knows which hybrid is his former daughter.
Hybrid appearance:
"She looks mostly human with dark brown ombréd wavy hair, deep hazel-green eyes, and olive skin. She stands at 5'8" and has a fairly athletic build. She has lynx ears and a tail at all times, as well as the faint pattern of a lynx coat across he entire back. Her canines are especially sharp, mimicking the fangs of a lynx.

Relationships:
N/A
(Open)

Crushes:
N/A
(Open)

Family:
Father, Mother, Younger Sister
(All unknown to her)

Species:
Lynx
Powers:
Increased senses and agility.
(May develop more later on)

Strengths:
Smart, agile, stealthy, short bursts of speed
Weaknesses:
Quiet, Tends to take a flight over fight response to most things, ranged combat

Extra:
N/A

(These pictures are not mine, and I may tweak their strengths and weaknesses later on)
all_is_lxst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me