CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby Galeslash7 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Hey sorry I have been gone for so long. I will try my best to be way more active now. Could I possibly have a recap of anything important that has been going on?
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

You're all good! ^^ Welcome back c:
Questers are still gathering at the Big House ruins Mira FINALLY finished saying some goodbyes; wrote letters to those she didn't have time for jshfgfgkg
Mira and Aiden are on their way to the Big House ruins now, and I think Ash is finishing up his goodbye with Delilah? Not sure where Karter is, but the remainder of the questers are gathered I think
As far as interactions go, I think Aggy is insulting Laurel at the moment lol, and Dahlia fell off her pegasus but Jamie is helping her up. I don't think there has been a reply posted for Bay?

Ooh and Skylar's got some more cabinmates now! One is played by me c: They will probably hate each other though bc Kathryn is a piece of work and a total drama queen, and actively hates Mira. Literally in her first post she manipulated Johnathan into sharing the interim Head Counselor role with her bc she's a powerhungry little leech lol
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:53 pm

XD yep on the laurel part
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 am

we're getting a lot of named npcs in here lmao, maybe we should start making a list
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:51 am

Post for both Sa'd and Ai is up.

Ai is also open for interactions
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello hello!
Mentioned this on discord but I will be hard to reach tomorrow; my mum and I are driving out to get a mother cat and three kittens we’ll be fostering c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nathaniel "nathan" hart // i promise this is the last one

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm

face claim: andrew garfield (man his acting is so good)

General Information
Full name: nathaniel "nathan" hart (color code; #8fbc8f)
Nicknames: rarely goes by nathaniel (except by monsters), everyone calls him nathan
Gender/Pronouns: cis male (he/him)
Birthday: april 22nd (taurus)
Sexuality: bisexual

Camp Information
Weapon(s): μελωδία (melody) -
an ukulele originally owned by melody, a daughter of apollo. it was gifted to her by her father however when she passed away, it was gifted to nathan. he named the instrument after her in respect for his former friend. if tuned incorrectly, the ukulele grows celestial bronze sharp spikes on the back. nathan will simply grab the handle of the ukulele and start banging the back onto a monster if needed so. the spikes can be unsheathed by simply tuning the ukulele correctly. yes, the ukulele is playable and nathan likes to strum and play a few songs on it. sometimes he calls it 'the annihilator of ukuleles' too. since spikes realistically cannot be under ukuleles, it just simply appears due to some greek mythology magic woohoo!
ηλιοτρόπιο (sunflower) -
a tall celestial bronze sword with a sunflower imprinted on the handle of it. former weapon he always used in combat. after having a near death experience with a few monsters while he was living on the streets, demeter thought 'y'know, maybe i shouldn't leave an ten year old to fend for himself' and gifted him that as well as a way to find one of the satyrs around the area. after his quest when he was thirteen, he stopped using it because it reminded him too much of melody's death. sometimes he wonders whether or not demeter thought that it was a sign of disrespect that he doesn't use it anymore. he hasn't been cursed yet so he hopes she understands why.
Godly Parent: demeter
Claimed?: yes
Cabin: four (head counselor if that's allowed oserkto)
Powers: chlorokinesis -
ability to summon/control/manipulate plants and vegetation. wood, rock soil, roots, fruits, flowers, and moss are also able to be affected. nathan is rather advanced in this skill and likes to enhance the growth of the nature around him. in combat with a monster, he may use his chlorokinesis and summon vines or thorns to hold them down. since he doesn't have a shield, his ukulele is seen more as an offensive weapon rather than a defensive one, he uses his power in order to support and defend. however, too much excessive use can tire him and eventually even make him faint. nathan likes to talk to his plants as well (green-speaking) when he's taking care of them.
Number of Beads on Necklace: five, full-camper ever since he was ten
Skills: singing, playing the ukulele, crafting, excellent pegasi flyer, cooking/baking, and gardening -

nathan is self-conscious of his voice since it's a lot more higher-pitched than most people expect and is often teased for it. however, singing has always been a way to relax himself from reality and does it when nobody's around. he gladly sings along to campers during campfire songs, as long as his voice is among many. former daughter of apollo, melody rizzo, had actually taught him how to play the ukulele and always encouraged him to do his best. he's been playing for about four years now, still a bit of an amateur but he tries. he's also a bit of a crafter, being able to make stuff out of bolts and pieces if he's dedicated enough. although not as good as the hepathesus kids, nathan had always been passionate about creating and bringing things to life. it was a good skill to have when you're forced to survive on the streets with a bunch of straps from the dumpster.

he's also quite the pegasi flyer. although he'd never claimed a pegasus as his own, he'd always visit the stables at least once a day in order to say hello and give them sugar cubes. taking a ride on the pegasi was a good pastime but he always made sure that the pegasus he was going to fly on was fine with it. it helps that he's basically 'a friend to all animals' and most are fine with him. gardening was something he was pretty much expected to be good at, seeing as he was the son of demeter. he actually has a mini flower garden outside of his cabin he likes to tend too. finally, he's pretty good at cooking and baking. sometimes spent hours in his cabin watching baking shows or cooking tutorials on borrowed laptops. cinnamon rolls, bagels, donuts, and garlic bread are his speciality, no doubt about it.

Physical Description
at 5'5 inches tall, nathan has olive tanned skin with dark freckles on his cheeks, arms, and legs. like the average demigod, he's built but he wears baggy clothes so it simply goes unnoticed. he has light brown eyes that always look sleepy due to his hooded eyelids and dark brown messy hair. he loves to wear flower crowns, even if it's considered 'girly,' nathan thinks he wears them well nevertheless. since he can summon flowers from who-knows-where, often he likes to make sunflower crowns, since he thinks they suit him very well. he has a big smile that reveals dimples and his two front teeth which are slightly taller than all of his other teeth. used to have a bunch of bruises on his body after being beaten up by mortal jerks but with the help of ambrosia, they've faded away. he has two scars - one tiny scar on his forehead and one about five inches long on his leg, hidden by his jeans. his clothing style is something nathan rarely thinks about as he normally wears the same thing: an orange camp half-blood t-shirt above a long-sleeved black and white striped shirt, cuffed jeans, fuzzy socks, black sneakers, a watch (how else is he gonna check the time, pfft, his phone? it's nonexistent), and of course his necklace with five beads. there are times where he wears overalls over his camp merch when he's tending his plants though. looks to be a few years older than he actually is.

Personality & Background
he's just a super wholesome character. nathan likes to give people compliments/praise them even if they don't necessarily deserve it. if you're upset, he will 100% be right at your doorway and will offer support and hugs; there are no questions about it. he will gladly sacrifice himself and everything he's worked for just for someone to feel happy at the end of the day. kinda just like a human teddy bear who likes to comfort others, plant flowers, and play the ukulele. super emotional and sensitive, if something rubs him the wrong way, he will refuse to admit it he's hurt. then he'll cry later about it. honestly most people just assume he's gullible but nathan is street smart rather than being book smart. getting kicked out of his homes and staying at a summer camp that teaches how to defend himself kinda - just kinda - disrupted his studies. sometimes he'll go in and ask the athena campers questions about math or physics if he's interested; surprisingly nathan loves learning.

he's humble and often downplays his successes because others would have done better and he just views himself as a normal guy, sometimes views himself worse when he's in a bad mood though. very childish. likes being sappy (maybe a bit too overly so) and oblivious to some of the dark things in the world. like many demeter campers, he's pretty passive. nathan believes in peace. he hates harming others, the only exception is monsters because they can come back to life. very good leader, he understands when to take control of a situation and fix it but knows when to simply just listen. when he's upset or sad, normally he just stops talking. it'll probably be off to others since he enjoys talking a lot.

living out on the streets probably would have made him realize that people can be harsh but he's stubborn about this. he believes that everyone can be better, even if they've already been giving several choices or disregard others. his past has made him cautious of strangers, but to the campers at camp half-blood.. well, he can't help but be trusting of the only community he was taken in. incredibly trusting sometimes. he's gotten better with strangers.. er, by strangers he means half-bloods that had come to camp - he'd actually be a total mess in terms of *mortals*. nathan seems to blurt out everything about him and there are lots of people who knows his vulnerabilities. some use it against him unfortunately. at least there's a few who he has grown to adore and bond with though.. right?? his fatal flaw is that he's too trusting of the people at camp half-blood but self-sacrifice and how altruistic he is (literally cannot say no for the life of him) are close seconds. he cares so much for others because he knows how it feels not to be loved and to feel like they've been abandoned.

nathan likes - picnics, sappy romance movies, dad jokes, cooking/baking, playing the ukulele, talking, helping, comforting others, singing, all animals (specifically insects and mythological creatures), desserts, spicy food, building/crafting, gardening, any types of plants, befriending others, people laughing at his jokes, avoiding responsibilities, flower crowns, braiding people's hair, talking to his garden, summer, autumn, springtime, rom-coms, soup, and daytime.

he dislikes - nighttime, his father, harming others, betrayal, fast food, death, winter, sorrowful films, most video games (thinks they make people violent), judgy people, making enemies, rudeness, attitude, self-deciprating humour, the concept of being popular/famous, talent shows, soggy socks (don't ask), eating meat, being afraid (and being sad, upset, jealous etc), seafood, most competitive sports, illness, fake plants (in his eyes they're just plastic mockery of the actual thing), and fishing.

his fears - quests, the dark (intensified from nights of living out on the streets), being abandoned, and losing loved ones.

nathan lived in west massachusetts with his father and his dad's wife. at the time his dad had an affair with demeter. trina, nathan's guardian, had been his fiance when it happened. when a little baby boy arrived at his apartment building, he didn't know what to say. his father immediately caught on that nathan had to be the child of the woman he'd met and lied to his finance that he found nathan in the trash and rescued him. of course, that scored him points for saving his life and trina had no reason not to be believe this. as a boy, he adored his family but there had always been something off about them. first, his father had always seemed so worried around him. his 'mother' didn't want to be around him once she learned about his adhd and dyslexia. still, nathan went to school (and struggled), did his homework, as well as take his time singing and helping water the plants around the house. he had thought his half-sisters were his real sisters instead, although he never saw them a lot.

when he was ten, monsters started to appear in his town. matthew, who could see through the mist, started to get paranoid about whether or not his wife would find out. eventually, after school, his dad picked him up. instead of going home, they drove away from his town and into a new city. nathan had been confused at the time and kept asking questions. all he received was, 'you'll see.' his father stopped at a run down building. left his son outside in the late afternoon and told him to wait while he went back home. so he waited. and waited. he waited hours. fell asleep hungry and thirsty, still waiting. when he woke up the next day, nathan finally came to an understanding that his dad wouldn't come back. so, off to a traumizating year of living on the streets. food and water was scarce, but sometimes if he begged or stole coins from the fountain, nathan could finally eat or buy water. the nights were frightening and that was usually when he was in danger of being attacked. it had happened many times, leading to cuts and bruises everywhere.

winter had been the worst. the fountains would freeze up and barely anyone would come outside in the snow. he seeked shelter in the abandoned house sometimes. that was when he would be the most hungriest. when a laistrygonian giant found him, nathan barely survived. demeter took pity on her child and gifted him not only a weapon to defend himself, but he had also been led a way to an elementary school where a satyr found him and brought him to safety. finding camp half-blood had been the happiest day of his life and once in a while, nathan thanks his mother for letting him live. he met melody rizzo in the hermes cabin and they had been the bestest friends. unfortunately, that hasn't been the worst he's had to overcome.

nathan volunteered for a quest when he was thirteen since melody and his head counselor, oscar, were going to come and he thought the experience might help. kinda did the opposite of that, although one may wonder if it would have been worse to stay at camp and hear that your friends died. anyway, i'm getting ahead of myself - when one of the apollo campers had visited the oracle, the prophecy had called for five campers, a combination of both apollo and demeter children, who would venture out and bring back a stolen item. the stakes were pretty high and even mentioned people dying yet that hadn't stop these demigods for some reason. anyway, they were incredibly close to finding the stolen thing but alas, monsters caught up. they were surrounded but as soon as nathan saw his friends getting hurt, he instantly changed. let's just say he had been brutal and a few had retreated once others started to disappear with the touch of celestial bronze.

but it had been too late for melody and oscar who had fought as best as they could but already injured, it simply drained them. when melody died, she insisted he keep her ukulele since she trusted him. he had to watch as they passed away, promising he wouldn't let this happen again. with them gone, nathan had buried them in respect and led the rest of the campers to victory. he was able to find the stolen item, brought it back, and came to camp half-blood completely changed. he became the head counselor after showing 'bravery, strength, and true leadership' on the quest.

Personal Relationships
melody rizzo (deceased) - extremely positive.
former best friend, very close. passed away on quest they were both in. remembering her hurts.

matthew hart (his father) - negative.
horrible dad who abandoned him in fear of trina finding out he had an affair when monsters first started to arrive. led to him living on the streets for a year and made him develop a lot of fears. nathan wishes he would have used his mind and sent him to an adoption center instead.

trina hart (dad's wife) - neutral.
average guardian that acted like his mom. cared more about his sisters than him though.

shana hart and samantha hart (his two half-sisters) - neutral.
never really got to know them since trina kept them away from him (in her defense, shana was a baby and samantha was a toddler when he was eight and i wouldn't quite trust an eight-nine year old with young children but still).

mirabelle everhart - positive.
thinks of her as a big sister, showed him the ropes of being a head counselor. admires her strength and her passion to help others. they enjoy cooking/baking, animals, and are both vegetarians. tries his best to comfort her during those dark days. has watched rom-coms with each other before. would give her rose flower crowns.

juliet pratten - negative.
has been a prank victim of hers since he can't exactly fight back. impressed with them but doesn't want to be involved in any of them. pranks however stopped when he began a head counselor. avoids one another, nathan is offended by her nickname 'hot dog.' juliet is proof that video games make people violent.

chuck oakes - positive.
the satyr hangs around the demeter cabin so they've chatted quite a bit. they both have similar interests and get along relatively well. nathan gives chuck some baked goods to try sometimes. talks about their feelings a lot, he gives comfort and hugs and praise out. likes to make flower crowns for chuck, specifically pink cosmos.

kathryn blackwood - neutral.
doesn't interact with very much, but thinks that she's very kind and sweet. doesn't know her real intentions.

delilah west - positive.
both are wholesome + soft personality buddies. they get along very well and both enjoy hugs. he likes to give her purple lilac flower crowns since it matches well with her eyes.

anastasia yahantov - positive.
quite close, ana sticks around him and nathan doesn't mind at all. they're both the same age so they get along relatively well and are good friends! he makes flower crowns for her out of blue bellflowers.

emmie grey - positive.
one of the only few campers who calls her nathaniel (he doesn't mind) and are close buddies. ended up bonding together once he offered her to try some baked good he made. the friendship just grew. gives her flower crowns that are made out of daisies.

pm me for any previous relationships or relations that could be roleplayed out!! ^^

Anything Else
nathan's vegetarian! if he wasn't a demigod, he most likely would have been a marine biologist or environmentalist.
Last edited by sweet.peaches~ on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 12 times in total.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 am

All of my characters; Ai, Sa'd, Niji, and Draco can be interacted with.

Ai is on the course to the bathroom in hyena form, Sa'd is headed towards the lunch, Niji is away from the Hermes cabin, and Draco is still mopping
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Ughhh I’m so bad at keeping up with this thing... it’s almost 10 at night here, so I won't get posts in tonight most likely. I’ll try to get one in for Satchi, and I’ll grab Karter, Kade, and Hunter tomorrow!
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me