CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:39 am

Thank you!
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:42 am

ight I didn't wanna double post so I tacked it on the bottom of my last one
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:43 am

That works, I’ll grab that right after chores!
Born female, identify as Genderfluid, any pronouns.
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Current Main Fandom: One Piece
Other Notable Fandoms: Attack on Titan, The Maze Runner, Soul Eater

Link on my profile is to a new Warrior cats RP site I started because I can.

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:46 am

Yees life happens! Things can get busy and out of hand sometimes lol
As for a recap, so far I think every one of the questing demigods are in or outside the stables except for Laurel? Mira's given a lesson on how to properly tack up a horse/pegasus, and is now headed off with Aiden for some last-minute goodbyes before they leave c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:59 am

Lu is wanting but he big house
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:13 pm

nixworm wrote:Hello! Could I join?

I totally missed this earlier but yes! We're still accepting character forms n stuff c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:02 am

@Kvey
The fight part for Aiden sets this up nicely.....

@Macaw
Aggy doesn't know how to ride. At all. She won't be moving, feel free to do whatever you want with this information
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jennifer Ryan Hartford

Postby Takara » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 pm

General Information
Full name: Jennifer Ryan Hartford
Nicknames: Jen, Rye, Ryan, Hartford, basically anything but their full name. Purposefully introduces self to different people by different names, entirely for their own amusement. ('Jen' is their main nickname)
Gender/Pronouns: Demigirl, she/they
Birthday: August 22
Sexuality: Pansexual (feminine lean)

Camp Information
Weapon(s): Celestial bronze steak knife and a celestial bronze ribbon that turns into a worm or a rope as needed. The steak knife transforms into a bread knife as needed, and is more often used for loaves than battle. Or at least the battle you're thinking of...
She uses the worm as a shoe lace in her left boot.
The shoelace extends as needed and cannot be cut, but can be seperated into chunks at Jen's will. But it will always repair into one solid rope. His name is Jimmy, short for James Dean. Jimmy can tunnel through and eat most things, and is controlled by Jennifer.

Usually carries various seeds in her coat, but they're more of a threat rather than having a particular purpose.

Godly Parent: Demeter
Claimed?: Yes
Cabin: 4
Powers:
  • Makes excellent bread, which can be infused with properties to make the consumers fall into a slumber, become agitated, etc...
  • Can tell when someone is lying, and why they're lying (not the actual reason, just if they want to protect someone/themselves, for fun, to avoid the truth, etc...) May use this to judge whether they should be punished.
  • Extensive knowledge of plants and their properties, if they're edible, etc...
  • Can kill plants with a touch, good for clearing a field after a season is over, weeding, etc...
  • Smell-i-vision

Number of Beads on Necklace: Three. Summer camper

Ambrosia & nectar: Ambrosia is cinnamon rolls, nectar is earl grey tea.

Physical Description
Jennifer is round faced, with watery amber eyes and dye-damaged hair that extends to her shoulders. She has bangs, and is often sporting a new color, with a current run on peach and pale pinks to make use of the bleaching done to their hair. Jennifer typically wears mild make-up, with glitter accents and fun colors.

She's 5' 5" (~170.2 cm), with a medium build. Their style consists of mostly overalls and trench coat for farming and casual chic for other activities (always with a well pocketed jacket). Although they don't have piercings, they do have a pearl necklace that they always wear. It was a gift from their parents. Shoes are always the same set of tawny steel-toed boots, no matter the occasion.

Personality
Jennifer does not see the point in loyalty. Why be stuck on someone, when you can have justice? They make a few exceptions, but those are mostly for their brothers, who have yet to learn right and wrong. They speak their mind, even if it's unpopular, and will not stand down when they get really into an argument, but that is rare.

To the casual observer, Jennifer may seem lazy or uncaring, but they'd be very wrong. They simply find the easiest solution to problems, and don't have time for idle sympathies. They plot exact revenge for transgressions, and plant the seeds for justice that may be months or years in the making. Steal a pencil, and you may find all your erasers missing for a week. Misplace practice gear, and the cuffs to your armour may go missing at inopportune times. Insult someone unfairly, and you may find that your toast makes you sick to your stomach.

They care about the underdog, but they may be roundabout in their methods of "help", to the point they may do more harm than good. They feel emotions coolly, which allows them to make calculated moves rather than fiery outbursts.

Likes: Truth, justice, good grains, pragmatic decisions, anything sweet
Dislikes: Loud noises, liars, rude people, sparring (fighting or dueling is cool though), flakey people, "let your heart decide", clowns

Fears: Being used, knives(carries a knife to combat this), drowning, sock puppets,

Fatal flaw: Losing track of "the big picture". This may be in the form of zeroing in on a specific revenge, getting bogged down by the finer details of a plan, etc...

Background
Jennifer's mom, Blake, had raised them until on her own until they were two, before meeting their mum, Gwen. They dated for a few years before marrying, but Gwen still played an integral part in Jennifer's childhood, and they view her as their full mum. Overall, Jennifer had a pretty uneventful childhood, though her mom's family was not a part of her life as they disagreed with her "lifestyle choices" in choosing to keep Jennifer, with the exception of their Aunt Jenna, who they're partially named for
Jeremy and Jake were born 5 years ago and are their adoptive brothers.

Jennifer had an uneventful childhood, though she was uprooted a few times due to her parent's work. When she was eight, they finally got a bakery of their own and settled down. It was here that Jennifer started to realize her powers pertaining to bread, though she wouldn't fully recognize them until her interaction with a satyr. She was brought to Camp at twelve, and was claimed on her 13th birthday, in accordance with the Jackson decree.

Personal Relationships
Jennifer has a good relationship with her family, her mom, her mum, and her twin brothers Jeremy and Jake. She is a summer camper, and although she wishes there wasn't such a large age gap between them, she loves her brothers dearly.

(Please pm me if you have ideas, I'll add my chars relations to them later)

Key: ♠- Enemies ♤- Dislikes ♧-Neutral/negative ♢-Neutral ♦- Neutral/positive ♡- Friend ♥-Good Friend ❣-Love interest

Aoife [♥/❣]- They vibe over oversized clothes and kidcore while Jen bakes cookies for Aoife, and enjoys her pureness. It's a breath of fresh air from the dishonestly prone campers, and Jen finds the girl endearing, and often bakes sweets especially to keep her around

Caleb [♢]- Jen finds his shifting personality fishy, but has yet to find a real reason to dislike him

Cass [♦]- As the Head Counselor of Jen's primary cabin for dumping bread, they have met a few times, and Jen thinks she's alright, but guarded

Celeste [♢]- Jen is suspicious of this random women that just popped up, especially since she seems to be squeaky clean... Will get along with alright once she realizes they have a similar approach to life.

Chuck [♡]- They bonded in the kitchens over bread and long rambles about plants (probably aided by the times she had to save Chuck after he consumed poisonous bread by accident...sorry Chuck!).

Emil [♦]- Jen sees themselves as balancing force, and as such, they are fine with Emil's darker nature, as long as he remains honest about it. Overall, there's much bigger forces at camp to be worried about.

Hank [♦]- He reminds her of the 'sweet, but not bright' farm boys of her childhood home. She would hate him for this, but he's so damn saccharine. At least he's honest, and his weird bonded dog doesn't hurt...

Jack [♡]- Jen has a soft spot for her brother. She knows that he's not super into the "evening the tables" as she sees it, so she avoids bringing it up around him, and they have added some of his honey into their breads or baked goods at his bequest. They have definitely sent a few "deserving" people too close to his hives though, obviously behind his back.

Juliet [♦]- Jen finds Juliet gross, but mostly harmless. They aren't friends per se, but Jen finds her tolerable, especially her honesty. They'd be happier with Juliet if she'd actually appreciate their bread for once, or stop referencing random things they don't know of in their presence.

Leo [♢]- Pities, but would not get within 30 feet of with first testing the waters with some other poor soul and having a back up plan. Has given no shortage of bread over the years, with effects from "no change" to moderate distaste. Jen is trying to help him, but they also don't understand where he's coming from with his limitless supply of anger.

Lucy [♠]- Jen knows about Lucy's plant scrying, but doesn't really care as long as they're in public places. She views them as no more invasive than security cameras. But she also knows that Lucy keeps them a heavily guarded secret, and requests information from them in exchange for not exposing Lucy. They have what appears to be a casual friendship to the average passerby, but it's actually something much more sinister...

Mirabelle [♧]- Mirabelle is too ewwwy-gooey emotions for Jen, who values the head over the heart. Also, who breaks up in a public place??? Come on, use your brain!

Orin [♢]- Rambly, but overall pretty harmless. Jen tends to zone out when he goes on his signature long rants about stuff, but she finds his embellishment of the truth to make him impossible to actually believe. Sometimes he lies about odd things, like his future, but it gets rolled into Jen's mind along with all the other half-truths he tells.

Ophelia [♧]- Mild dislike. Ophelia is lying to herself about something, and it's out of something that tastes like bitterness. Really, Jen does want the best for her, as she seems to have her heart in the right place (beyond some rather basic scare tactics and defensive walls).

Reese [♤]- Jen doesn't like his "good ol' boy" act and suspects him of harboring deep biases against them. They're waiting for him to crack and expose them, as they know his powers can't be the only thing he keeps under wraps.

Teilo[♦]- He likes bread and this pleases Jen very much. He nearly fainted when they showed up with this really obscure loaf once and Jen is far from immune to compliments like that. Makes bara bryth for him when they need an emotional pick me up ego boost.

Anything Else
Face claim is Lili Trifilio.
Last edited by Takara on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:56 am, edited 19 times in total.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:58 pm

^^ Accepted! smh thought I'd posted earlier to accept and I didn't lol
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm going through a pretty rough patch, but I PROMISE I'll get some posts in tomorrow.

I also have Satchi and Karter (I think, since he’s on the quest) open.
Born female, identify as Genderfluid, any pronouns.
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Current Main Fandom: One Piece
Other Notable Fandoms: Attack on Titan, The Maze Runner, Soul Eater

Link on my profile is to a new Warrior cats RP site I started because I can.

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me