CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby sammy, » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:32 pm

alex's body no longer forgotten . teilo is on his damned way
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:37 pm

My chars. Are open sorry for not being on
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:10 pm

sammy, wrote:
      alex's body no longer forgotten . teilo is on his damned way

This is hilarious, rip to Alex...Ophelia might lowkey insult the dead in my next post, but in her defense, she doesn't know
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 am

I'm working on a post - @Kestrel, I'm gonna send Zahra to Jay if that's good c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:22 am

That’s well over ok with me the rest of my chars are open if you need interactions
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Wild Child

Postby ajax. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 pm

General Information
Full name: Shaye Mariah Morningstar
Nicknames: n/a
Gender/Pronouns: she/they
Birthday: October 17th
Sexuality: pansexual

Camp Information
Weapon(s): two celestial bronze daggers
Godly Parent: Melinoe
Claimed?: yes
Cabin: 25
Powers: can summon ghosts and talk to them, if incredibly angry they can invoke nightmares
Number of Beads on Necklace: 6

Physical Description
5'7 with a slim build, a sharp jawline and wide, bright blue eyes that turn white when summoning spirits. They have short dark brown hair shaved along the sides and very fluffy, curly hair on top. They have a slight gap between their front teeth but the widest smile others could remember from miles around.
they have a small slit in their right eyebrow and often find themselves experimenting with makeup. They love feminine clothing and wears a lot of purple and soft colours and blouses, they aren't afraid to express themselves. She can be perceived as incredibly innocent and kind, giving off a yellow aura.
fc: Addison Grace

Personality & Background
Shaye loved chaos, they thrive in it. They always take advantage of situations where she can invoke ferality within the rest of the campers. They adore using sarcasm and are stubborn as hell when it comes to their own opinions and ideas.
Their fatal flaw is their pride and stubbornness, and their urge to cause trouble and pull pranks on the other campers has gotten them into more trouble than she'll care to admit.

Shaye was raised in the underworld, their father wanting nothing to do with them, so her and Melinoe know each other well enough to have a small bond despite most gods disconnecting from their children.
When she was quite young, Melinoe sent Shaye to camp halfblood so that they could get as much training as they could. They would've gotten sent there before they were ten but unsurprisingly enough they were too stubborn to leave and preferred to hang around the underworld.
being the only child of Melinoe for as long as they know, Shaye was given the rank of head counsellor for their cabin(what an honour *eyeroll*) and like they guess it's kind of fun? but the cabin is pretty lonely...

Personal Relationships
Rick Albert Morningstar (father) - neg

Melinoe (godly parent) - pos (?)

Anything Else
prettier code on the way, indigo is forcing me to finally get one of my children up
Last edited by ajax. on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CHB: Into the Storm - Maxine Bishop

Postby Kveykva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 pm

General Information
Full name: Maxine Caitlyn Bishop
Nicknames: Moxie
Gender/Pronouns: Female (she/her)
Birthday: December 4th
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Camp Information
Godly Parent: Mars
Claimed?: Yes
Camp Jupiter Stripes: 6

Weapon(s):
▸ a Beretta M9 handgun
▸ a pair of plain gold bands sometimes mistaken for wedding rings. they can transform into either a set of brass knuckles or a pair of Roman pugios, both made of Imperial Gold.

Powers:
general odikinesis - Maxine has a fair amount of control over the emotions of others, notably rage, hate, and fear. she used this ability as a child to instigate fights in order to fuel her rebellious nature, and as an adult, they were used for crowd control to calm people involved in fights so they wouldn't escalate.
killing intent - an extension of her odikinesis, Maxine is capable of focusing her intentions into manifestation, giving off an incredibly strong air that she can and will kill those affected by it, including her allies. this ability is usually used to demoralize or strike fear into the hearts of others, and at its strongest will completely overwrite the fight or flight response and cause the victim to have vivid hallucinations of death at her hands. on the flip side, this also gives her the ability to hide her intentions to kill or harm someone from those who would otherwise be able to sense it, or to sense such intent from others.
aggression aura - similar to the killing intent ability, Maxine can also use her odikinesis to project an aura of bloodlust, inducing hostility and brutality in those around her. it serves as a great morale boost, turning usually timid allies into effective killing machines, but also makes their enemies much more dangerous. fights where Maxine uses this ability are almost always to the death.
telumkinesis - like most of her siblings, Maxine inherently knows how to use any weapon the instant it comes into her possession, and she is also entirely proficient with them. by extension, she can sense the emotions of magical and mundane weapons alike. this ability does not extend to armor, however.
weapon regeneration - Maxine has the incredible ability to cause any part of a weapon she touches to regenerate, so long as a recognizable part of the weapon is still intact. this ability ranges from repairing broken swords, sharpening dull blades, or even regenerating ammunition for guns, bows, or artillery. regenerating larger parts of weapons or large scale ammo takes quite a toll, so it can't be used for extended periods without rest.
weaponization - also referred to as becoming a living weapon, this ability is a final, pulling all stops last resort. Maxine isn't familiar with the extent of this ability, given that it has only manifested once and could simply be a blessing of Mars rather than something of her own.

Physical Description
Maxine stands at an even 6'0 (1.8 m), putting her taller than most women and some men. She has dark brown hair and hazel eyes, with distinctly chiseled facial features, and a single piercing in her left nostril. Her ears, however, have at least three piercings each. She has a well-toned muscle structure, with just about every inch of her arms and part of her legs covered in flash tattoos. None of them have much meaning, save for the Camp Jupiter stripes, SPQR, and two crossed spears on her right forearm, and the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor of the USMC with the motto "Semper Fidelis" on the back of her left shoulder.
Maxine has a number of small, unremarkable scars, but her most recognizable injury is her right leg. Or rather, her lack of one. She lost her limb during a monster attack and has since been fitted with a blade running prosthetic.
Maxine's preferred clothing style is t-shirts, tank tops, and crop tops, usually paired with workout shorts or leggings. It's rare that she ever wears her hair down due to its length, so most often it's pulled up in a ponytail.
faceclaim here

Personality
Maxine generally is relatively laid-back and carefree, living life at her own pace rather than someone else's. In a world where conformity is valued, she strives to retain her individuality and continually fights against common social constructs. She has a drive to be known as something more than "just a Marine" or "just a child of Mars." Maxine greatly values the people closest to her, as she sees them as proof that her presence has made an impact, even if it's just a small one. Because of how much of herself she pours into friendships, she'll often take white lies or disrespect as personal attacks, and as a result, she tends to be very irrational and even petty in these situations. Maxine is very loyal to those around her, but you should be wary if that trust is broken. Her wrath knows no bounds.
Likes: showing off her strength, drinking games, early morning jogs
Dislikes: liars, morgues and cemeteries, manticores (more than other monsters)
Fears: losing loved ones as a result of her own actions, especially on negative terms
Fatal flaw: Maxine is fiercely independent, willing to put herself in harm's way and at much greater risk on her own rather than calling for others to aid her. She's content if her life is the only one on the line.

Pets:
Julius - a brown and black Belgian Malinois Maxine was partnered with during her time as a dog handler. He was injured in the Manticore attack as well, becoming blind in his left eye, losing most of his left ear, and receiving several scars across his face and sides, as well as a heightened ability to sense monsters, especially disguised ones.

Background:
Growing up, Maxine was considered a "problem child," but not for the reasons you'd expect from a demigod. She had a knack for pushing her limits with authority figures, and her grades tended to suffer because of her incessant need to rebel against the teachers and staff, or pick fights with other students. Her mother could hardly keep her reigned in, and given how hot-headed both women were, they often clashed violently. By this time, she'd even had a few run-ins with law enforcement for assault and harassment. Soon after Maxine finished eighth grade, the two got into their worst fight yet, and the truth of Maxine's heritage came to light. Choice words were exchanged and her mother took her to Wolf House, leaving her to the she-wolf Lupa. Soon after, Maxine was forced to fight her way to Camp Jupiter, which she was dismayed to discover was arguably worse than where she'd come from. Maxine was thrust into the Fifth Cohort with the rest of the delinquents, and she fought against the conformity of Roman society every step of the way. She stayed at Camp Jupiter for two years before going on her first quest, which she promptly abandoned in favor of going to see her mother. Upon returning to her childhood home, she discovered her mother had been killed in a hit and run not long after she'd been taken to Wolf House. The revelation broke her, and she was quick to clean up her act. She returned to camp as a disgrace, but Maxine fought to regain her honor during her next four years of residence. Once she turned 18, she took her leave from Camp Jupiter and enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, where she became an MP after finishing combat training. Maxine picked up the nickname "Moxie" during basic training, and it stuck around long after. After four years in the service, Maxine was trained as a Marine Corps dog handler, though the position wasn't particularly glorious. She spent her years with her partner dog doing base patrols and vehicle searches.

They called it a domestic terrorist attack, and that's what everyone believed. Almost two years after becoming a dog handler, Maxine was faced with the harsh reality of being a demigod when she encountered a disguised Manticore on base. The attack resulted in 22 deaths and dozens of injuries, including Maxine and her partner dog. She didn't have any possessions capable of killing a monster after leaving Camp Jupiter behind, which left her and everyone else at the Manticore's mercy. When the only thing standing between it and civilians was her, Maxine was forced to take action, and in the process she transformed into a living weapon, creating Imperial Gold from her own body and slaying the creature. She and her partner were honorably discharged due to their injuries, and Maxine retired to Morgantown, Pennsylvania. The only remainder of the incident besides her injuries are the gold rings, which were left over after the Imperial Gold separated from her body.

Personal Relationships: pos ✔neu ◆neg ✘friend ✩best friend ★love int. ♡enemy ✖

Nicholas [✖]
    She originally knew Nicholas as a quiet and quirky figure
    who only compounded Morgantown's strangeness, but
    as they grew to know each other and he found his voice
    again, Moxie started to appreciate the more eccentric
    side of his personality. Discovering he was a god was...
    certainly a revelation she wasn't prepared for, but as
    the years passed she came to almost forget the sight of
    Nicholas bleeding golden ichor. He was great company
    and a greater friend, which is what left her so blind-
    sided by his betrayal. Whether there's still good in his
    heart, she's not sure.
▸name [relation]
    words here
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
║ ║
▸Mars [✔]
    Discovering her lineage originally filled Moxie with anger,
    and for years she held a festering grudge against the god
    of war. As she grew older, her grudge became respect for
    both Mars and his domain, and it was one of the reasons
    she ended up joining the USMC after Camp Jupiter.
Laika [✔]
    During her time at Camp Jupiter, Moxie respected Laika
    only because of her authority. Now that she's had her
    own share of time in the military (albeit not the same),
    Moxie sees her in a different light, but the respect still
    remains. With everything going on in the world, Laika
    is a steadfast ally Moxie can put her trust in.
Last edited by Kveykva on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:26 am

^^ Accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:59 am

@Hazel, everyone

One of these days I'll hammer out more of Ophelia's description/actually describe her eyes in posts so yall don't have only "strikingly blue" to go off of
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:47 am

I’m sorry I’ve been so absent! It’s really, REALLY hard to keep up with this RP. Anywhere I can jump in? (Man, I ask that a lot... 😅)
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me