CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Prepare for the most offensively pink funeral shroud you've ever seen
Jk, that's all up to the Aphrodite cabin of how they wanna make the shroud
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:32 pm

@Hazel
We can save this for the next morning, like right after the questers leave if you want...
I think they've got bigger problems atm
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Sure if you want! ^^
the kids need a break from all the trauma happening rn adfghff
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jack "Reese" Dawson

Postby Takara » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 pm

General Information
Full name: Jack Reese Dawson (Known as Reese).
Birthday: October 14th
Sexuality: Heterosexual (or so he thinks...) Bisexual

Camp Information
Weapon(s): Stygian iron broadsword, usually uses like a conductor's staff for his other powers. Turns into a tie clip when not in use
Godly Parent: Hades
Claimed?: Yep!
Cabin: 13
Powers & Skills:
Geokinesis/Ferrokinesis
  • Basically earth bending
  • Can extract rocks, gems, bones and fossilized things from the ground (emotionally driven power)
Osteokinesis
  • Bloodbending for earth benders. His most well trained power, can manipulate specific bones and restrain people with this
  • Can summon bones
  • Can use said bones as a defensive force
  • Helpful for surgeries
  • Can restrain a person by popping their joints
Hypnokinesis
  • Can induce sleep on a person or creature
  • Can also prevent a being from sleeping
Sees ghosts sometimes, but is unable to hear them.

-Is an exceptional cook, and will have tea parties or 5 course meals when possible
-Can sew, knit and cook (see history)
-First aid and CPR certified
-

Number of Beads on Necklace: 7, full timer for the past 3 years (not very happy about it)

Ambrosia and nectar: Ambrosia is poppy seed rolls, eaten on high holidays and special occasions. Nectar is grape juice.

Physical Description
Reese is 6' 3" (190.5 cm), with a rather stocky build. He has deathly pale skin that burns and does not tan, light gold hair, and dark brown eyes that don't seem to match his other coloration.
He usually keeps his hair combed and gelled back, as he was taught by his grandfather, and has features that wouldn't be very memorable, if they weren't such an odd combination. A pointy chin, thick lips and a distinctly not-quite-straight nose make up his face, and his pale lashes seem to be drowned out by his dark eyes.

As for clothes, he dresses "like an old man" in polos or dress shirts, and khakis, even going up to a full suit on a good day. His aged style is only saved by his liking of leather jackets, and refusal to wear plain dress.

Personality
Reese has a kind heart, and cares about just about everyone. Though he's very powerful, he tries to avoid using his powers in ways that harm others. He's very protective of others, and would rather take every hit himself rather than have them suffer. Reese is outgoing, but also more than willing to listen.

He was raised as a "gentlemen" and sometimes is a little old fashioned, but he tries not to let it hold him back. He's a bit of a "grandma's" boy, but he would probably have more of a backbone to her if spent more time at home. As is, he feels guilty for making her life dangerous and not being there to help her in her daily life.

But Reese also has a disturbing side, the nonhuman one. He often shows no reaction to death, and remains eerily calm in situations that he shouldn't (his cabin could be burning down around him, and he would just amble out, making jokes along the way, unperturbed.)

Fatal flaw: Not using his potential. Reese is afraid of losing control, of letting his powers take over, and injuring someone, or worse. Because of this, he overcompensates with a false calmness, which fades when faced with unknown challenges.

likes: Being helpful, tea, butter pecan ice cream, grape juice, gardening
dislikes: Poor etiquette, coffee, sparring, tomatoes, listening to people ramble

Quirks: Doesn't use contractions and avoids abbreviations when possible. Calls everyone by their full name unless specifically asked not to. Has an aversion to reptiles, but has yet to meet one. Eats excessively healthy food, with a few classic exceptions, such as the occasional biscuits and gravy.

Background:
Reese's mom isn't in the picture. She was young (only 19) and optimistic, and when she fell for Hades, she fell way too hard. She dropped out of college to have Reese, much to her parents disappointment, and went crazy when she realized that she wouldn't be enough to keep Hades' affections. She was a bright young women, with a great future in crime scene investigation, but she was also little too romantic. Reese is indeed named after Jack Dawson from Titanic. Her parents did manage to get her to intersperse it with Reese's grandfather's name. His grandparents always called him Reese, but he's found that monsters call him Jack.

Reese was raised in luxury, and has a poor perception of how much stuff should cost, or when he is "splurging" on items. He likes to make sure those he cares about have the best, so he gets it for them. He is also an amazing cook, along with knowing how to embroider, sew, and knit. This helps when he needs to stitch someone up as well as to calm his nerves and keep his hands busy. These skills were taught to him by his grandmother, as she had no other grandchildren to pass them on to and "wasn't about to let" her knowledge of the crafts die with her. Reese also inherited his grandparents' religion, which can be difficult to reconcile with his demigod status.

After his mom left, Reese was raised by his grandparents. He has been seeing ghosts his whole life, but none really bothered him, until he saw his grandfather's when he was 10. He was discovered by a satyr soon after, and spent his summers at Camp after that. He became a full time camper after an attack nearly killed his grandmother, and he worries about her being by herself, but knows it's for the best.

At camp, he actually spends a lot of time with the Apollo campers in the medic areas, and is quite good at caring for patients, especially with his abilities (hynokinesis and osteokinesis taking the spotlight there). He hopes to be a doctor eventually, and support his grandmother in the real world.

Personal Relationships
Key: ♠- Enemies ♤- Dislikes ♧-Neutral/negative ♢-Neutral ♦- Neutral/positive ♡- Friend ♥-Good Friend ❣-Love interest
Grandfather- deceased, appeared to Reese for a little while after death. It shook Jack to know that he had unfinished business, but he has since been able to pass on

Grandmother- Basically his mother, raised him. He cares about her and is very concerned about being stuck at Camp all year, wants to be able to be there for her in person.

Aiden [♡] -Reese sees him as a brother. This includes sometimes being overprotective of him, which gets on Aiden's nerves. He's fun to hang out with though, despite his young appearance.

Aoife [♤]- As with many things he does not understand, Reese fears Aoife and her unpredictable nature. He mostly avoids her so as not to have this embarrassing conversation with others.

Augusta [♥]- Sibling like. He still doesn't quite understand her, but they get along pretty well. Would destroy anyone who upset her, which can be a bit of a problem

Caleb [♦] - A crush, apparently. Raising some very confusing questions for Reese

Cassandra [♥]- Another protective big sis, but he keeps his glowing reputation when in front of her. He's perfectly content to be a wild child behind her back though.

Charles [♦] -Chuck seems chill, which is more than Reese can say for most campers. If they got to talking, they'd probably have a lot in common

Emerson [♡]- They managed to bond over a near death experience, does he like her, or his he just overly polite...

Emilios [♡]- After discovering his ghostly communication skills, Reese has been known to seek the camper out when he's dealing with a ghost that requires more than gestures to explain their point. But it's starting to become deeper than that, as Reese cultivates respect for the blunt camper.

Henry [♦]- gets along with alright, even if the boy is a touch dense. Sometimes he wishes he had Hank's innate talent for medical things (which the boy, irritatingly, neglects), but they get along over other topics, like hunting and getting to know people.

Jack [♥]- Have knitting hang outs together, and I would not put it past them to have a tea party. Chill buddies.

Jennifer [♤]- They have a tendency to hog the kitchens, which is a pain when Reese wants to make something special for a friend. They also insult him constantly while he is in there, which he does not appreciate.

Juliet [♢]- Doesn't really know her, but knows of her and has seen her around the infirmary a few times

Kathryn [♠]- Kathryn and Reese clash on every possible level, and he has treated far too many victims of her so called pranks to think her anything less than malicious

Leo [♤]- Reese doesn't like the other campers willingness to attack, especially when he knows he has his own laundry list of weaknesses, including a lack of physical strength. Would die in a fight.

Lucy [♢] -Reese knows that something is off about her, but he neither plays into it or pays enough attention to her to do anything about it

Mirabelle [♥]- Is good friends with, they bonded over sewing, and he's been teaching her how to knit, in exchange for crochet lessons.

Ophelia [♢]- He tries to be polite to her, but he has long noticed that it falls flat on her. Still, treat others as you want to be treated and all that.

Orin [♡]- Finds the other camper fun, if a little aggressively in the attention seeking, but Reese is more than willing to give it to him. He respects that Orin tries to maintain peace in groups and doesn't fit into a particular niche.

Wilhelm [♡]- Reese remembers Will from before, even if Will does not quite remember him. They met most often in the infirmary, where Reese told Will to be more careful and not break his bones so easily. They had similar upbringings, but a lot can change in 3 years..

Vivienne [♡]- Vivienne was Reese's first crush, and a very embarrassing one at that. Finding someone who fit into what he was raised to expect girls to be like in the turmoil of his first summer at camp caused Reese to become overly attached to her, and he used to offer her small gifts like cool rocks or fossils that he "found" (ferrokinesis helped). He has grown up a lot since then and now just hopes she is doing well, but current rumors about the quest have something else to say... Surely it is a misunderstanding?

Anything Else
Feel free to pm me about established relationships!

Last edited by Takara on Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 am, edited 26 times in total.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit_with_a_fedora » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:54 pm

So this idiot here decided to type a post for an hour and came up with half a CS page of text. And that’s in 85 size.

Good luck reading all of it, every word is a key detail
hi, i'm rabbit!
she/her or any pronouns
canadian (i speak english, canadian french and i'm learning danish! i speak mandarin at home but i'm not super fluent in writing or reading it)

check out my grab bags/trading thread: xx

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

rabbit_with_a_fedora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Lol yess
Wonderful writing, by the way!

@Takara - accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Everyone is a MESS right now oh my goodness XD
And then there's Chuck, blissfully unaware of the horrors he's about to walk into agdjfgfj
At least he's bringing some medical supplies
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:40 pm

@rabbit
That was awesome

I almost feel bad for what I did to Draco... almost.
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:48 pm

I'm probably gonna just throw Reese at the medical tent... Hank may or may not be very dumb...
Aggy is...a mess, but I'm gonna leave her for a hot minute

@superocelot
Oh no...I might make Hank go yell at/help him in a minute

@Hazel
I'll get a post up for Ophelia tomorrow too!
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:52 pm

@Takara
Tbh Draco needs some common sense yelled into him