CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:29 am

Sorry guys I fell a little like I let you guys down πŸ˜”
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 am

@Kestrel, it's okay, you're not letting people down by doing what you need to do for yourself!

@eveyone
Hank is open, heading toward the big house. He'll get a post soonish
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:39 am

Thanks tak. Hey every one can I get a quick description of each of your chars? I have a suprise in mind πŸ˜πŸ˜‹πŸ˜Ž
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 am

I can give one when I’m back at my computer, but I’ve got detailed descriptions on each of their forms (which are all linked on the β€˜characters’ post on the front page of the rp thread c:)
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 am

Ok 😊 I was meaning a simple one so I can simplify them
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:50 am

@Krestel
Niji is a male skinny japanese boy with pink hair.

Draco is a male Texan centaur that is muscular, has black hair, with a black coat on his horse half with pintaloosa markings.

*sorry if this is too simple*
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 am

Ocelot that is how simple I need it ❀️
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

malcolm kingston

Postby sammy, » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:04 am

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆxxi. malcolm kingston. ii. 'malc'. iii. thirty-seven. iv. cis male..β–ˆ.'x.'..'β–ˆ.'.''''β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆxxv. he/him pronouns. vi. heterosexual. vii. eris proxy.
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆxxviii. defence minister. ix. birthday is thirteenth of may.
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆxxx. estj - 'the executive'.
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
outside
physical appearance
↳ xxxfive foot ten with dark, beady eyes and greying, receding hair, malcolm is about what one would expect from a politician. there's nothing about him that particularly screams 'spectacular' - he wears the same types of suits day in and day out, he doesn't make too much of an effort when it comes to looking abstract. unassuming is good. regular is good. it's what his persona hinges upon. there's a near-permanent glimmer of cruelty in his eyes, posture that commands authority, and confidence that exudes from every pore.
personality
↳ xxxmalcolm's current personality is not his own, but that which belongs to the goddess that has taken root in his skull. he's a cruel man, sardonic and sometimes rude, with a sense of humour that is biting and targetted. he revels in chaos and enjoys a fight, always getting out of it the other side scot-free. he's charming and charismatic to those he wants to impress, and can put on the mask of the 'normal', blighted man that he once was. he will stop at nothing to accrue the strife that she demands, and will do so in insidious manners, preferring whispers to shouts. manipulative and silver-tongued, capable of being absolutely dastardly, there doesn't seem to be much in the world that he truly cares for - apart from the pursuit of pleasure, of course, in which facet he is highly hedonistic.
inside
theme
↳ xxxmr. malum - the dear hunter
history
↳ xxxmalcolm grew up in ashby-de-la-zouch in the east midlands of england. he was a rather intelligent child, though there was nothing starkly notable about him - he did well in school, achieving high grades around the board, and joined a band in his free time, a guitar player for a group that never left their garage, but always dreamt of something profoundly more.
in his second year at the university of manchester, studying english literature, he met alison morgan, a nursing student from swansea at a pub, and they hit it off. it was a love that felt inconsequential at best - he had been a wild child, after all, and sought the best of the best in his twenties, but this came crashing down when, a couple of months into their relationship, alison announced that she was pregnant. she was only eighteen, and he only twenty, and though he yearned for years of freedom still, he found that he loved her, and that he wanted to make it work.

malcolm dropped out of university and joined the local police force, saving for their futures together. alison moved in with him in a tiny flat, kicked out by her mother, and though times were difficult and the troubles seemed insurmountable at first, they welcomed evelyn lily kingston into the world and rejoiced.
by this point, malcolm had proven himself to be quite the force to be reckoned with within the force, and though balancing a newborn with such high-intensity work was difficult, he powered through it, adamant on creating a life for his daughter that was comfortable and filled with joy. they married when he was twenty-three, a small ceremony, not as impressive as it could have been, but perfect for the two of them.

when he was twenty-five and eva was four, they moved out of the little flat and into a small home of their own. it wasn't too impressive, stunningly average, but it was a home, and that was enough. alison went back to university part-time when eva started attending school, and malcolm was promoted to detective inspector. they were the picture-perfect family, a wonderful show of dedication. the love in their home was tangible from mere entry through the doorway.

in early twenty-fourteen, a spate of killings in the area cropped up, the work of a serial killer who named themselves 'asmodeus'. malcolm, admittedly, became rather obsessed with it, and this became a point of contention within the family. he couldn't tear himself away from his work, and it was becoming a problem. after plans to drive to swansea with alison and eva were intercepted by a new threat from the killer, his wife and daughter chose to make their own way to visit alison's parents, taking a train rather than being driven by malcolm.

he was in the station when the news came through about the derailment in cardiff. time stopped. a call from the transport police confirmed that of the fatalities, alison and eva had been two. his entire life came crumbling down around him from that point. he lost his way. the flowers left at his doorstep and the hampers of food delivered by concerned neighbours did nothing for him. his wife and daughter were dead and there was nothing that he could do to fill the void that they had left in their sudden absence.

of course, that was until he was visited by the goddess. the goddess who promised that nothing would hurt again, who promised to take away the fear and the pain and replace it with power and control. he had nothing to hold onto and nothing to lose, so he took the offer. quit his job at the police station and chose instead, almost on a whim, to pursue a career in politics after being the trailblazer for an inquiry into the precautions that had failed to save his family. people saw his sob story more than they saw him, but that worked in his favour. it was impossible not to like the average joe that malcolm kingston was, the man who had lost it all and built himself from the rubble despite everything, the man who had powered through adversity, the man who really seemed to care.

he bagged the job as transport minister unnaturally quickly. any voice that rose against him was silenced almost immediately - bizzarely, there was a not a single case of negative press in the news. all they had to say about him was praise. this was not because he never did any wrong, but because of the whispers that kept him in control, the ones that told him secrets that kept him on the top. any naysayer was shot down with a leak and a subsequent sacking.

a cabinet reshuffle solidified his position at the ministry of defence. when he got the news, he rejoiced. something told him that this was the beginning of a spectacular series of events, his daughter and wife forgotten in the pursuit of power and chaos, alison replaced with the soft hand and guiding voice of eris. she had given him everything she promised, and now it was time to give back to her.

oddly enough, he never found out who asmodeus was. they stopped their spree the day of the derailment. but that doesn't matter anymore. he has bigger fish to fry.

↳ xxxmoΓ«t and chandon, attention, a bit of chaos, the colour green, large crowds, chaos, governmental leaks.
dislikes
↳ xxxtrains, journalists, his mother-in-law.
fears
↳ xxx???
strengths
↳ xxxmalcolm comes from the world of spin. he knows how to make himself look good and others look awful. with the whisperings of eris at his disposal, he can change the course of human future with a couple of whispers, destroy someone's reputation with the right leak. he's got power in the government and exerts it flawlessly, his public image one of a man who is trustworthy and 'average'. he can build allies rather easily, and never seems to become stressed when faced with adversity.
weaknesses
↳ xxxthe weaknesses of malcolm do not matter - rather, the weaknesses that will truly impact him are the ones that are a byproduct of his being as a proxy. he doesn't experience negative emotion, not properly, and though his past can be brought up, it is easily glossed over - the thoughts considered negative locked away by his goddess. but if one were to manipulate his image, his power would crumble. alternately, there is another option to bringing out the true version of him that lies beneath, a forgotten hero, a man who had his roots in the justice system - if he were to remember the things he had lost without eris suppressing the memories as negative, then there is a chance that the human malcolm could be recollected and brought to the surface. how others would go about making this happen is another story.
powers
the whispers - advanced
↳ xxxeris provides him with all of the information that he needs to raze or rise someone. he doesn't always know what they're for or what they pertain to, but he notes them down regardless. as a result, he knows when there is chaos occurring, and experiences a hit of dopamine when they are. his reward.
the power of politics - advanced
↳ xxxmalcolm doesn't need to fight his own battles - he has an army to do it for him. his public standing makes him capable of bringing riots and protests and quelling the fears of the masses in equilibrium. he has connections that would not be made available to many others, and does not hesitate in using them.
invulnerability to demigod weapons
↳ xxxas a mortal, he is not impacted by celestial bronze or imperial gold, though can see through the mist.
weapons
hicks
↳ xxxa bodyguard named daniel hicks, who exists to protect and serve. he does not ask questions, shoots to kill, and appears rather open-minded to godly business.
Last edited by sammy, on Mon May 24, 2021 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:14 am

Ohoho things are about to get interesting
*patters my evil hands on a nonexistent desk*

I’ll update the characters thread as soon as I’m back at my computer (about 2 hrs now, I believe?)
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit_with_a_fedora » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:33 am

@Kestrel
Laika is a 178 cm female Austrian-Canadian. She has dark brown hair (long), gray eyes, and a scar running down her neck
hi, i'm rabbit!
she/her or any pronouns
canadian (i speak english, canadian french and i'm learning danish! i speak mandarin at home but i'm not super fluent in writing or reading it)

check out my grab bags/trading thread: xx

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

rabbit_with_a_fedora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me